Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More Bucky News, He's been meeting with the label behind Carrie.
jodeb
post May 24th 2006, 2:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Bucky and Kellie want Nashville deals

Speaking of "American Idol," former contestant Bucky Covington told me yesterday that he and fellow booted contestant Kellie Pickler have met individually with a high-powered Nashville record label chief.The two met with Joe Galante, chief of the Sony BMG record label family, which is home to, among others, last
season's "Idol"winner, Carrie Underwood.

Joe's top talent scout, Renee Bell, says the label group absolutely is open to signing more "Idol" contestants.

"That show is huge," Renee said.

And of this season's two country-fied contestants, Bucky and Kellie, Renee says: "They're both intriguing in different ways. We're going to continue to have discussions with them."

Bucky says Mandisa Hundley, Nashville's only contestant this season, took him and Kellie to dinner at Blackstone restaurant and brewery on West End. (You can see all three Aug. 10 at the "Idol" finalists' Nashville tour stop at the GEC. Tix go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday.)

But Bucky's fave Nashville restaurant? Loveless Cafe.

"I went out there the first time, chicken and dumplings, lawd have mercy. That was on time," he said.

"And you ain't been to the Loveless unless you've had biscuits. Lawd, lawd."

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...1/ENTERTAINMENT

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 24th 2006, 2:49 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

FunkyFrankie
post May 24th 2006, 6:14 PM
Post #2

How funky do you want it?
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

Wooott. Kellie too?! spaz.gif Wow, double news and the label behind Carrie?! Triple news. Wow, this is awesome. w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
you're always better off with a really good lie.
+Quote Post
janer25
post May 24th 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI9: Casey James
Fav. CSIs: Horatio & Hodges

That's awesome news for Bucky!!! I hope something good comes/came out of that meeting. I'd love the thought of him under the same label as Carrie's because her album is awesome and is doing very well and I'm sure that Bucky too will come up with a great album. Thanks for posting it Jodeb! huggy.gif

Finally, we got to see Bucky again! Aaaaww I missed him so much. It was a darn great show. He looked and sounded GREAT. Wow, he sounded fantastic on the Burt Bacharach number and looked like a Hollywood star on that tux. He ruled the boy's medley particularly the Tobacco Road(?) song. I'm so excited of what's in store for Bucky in the future!

Here's a Bucky picture for you which I got at rawkhands.org, I gotta post it 'cause he isn't he just the hottest man to ever wear a crisp white shirt w00t.gif wub.gif

IPB Image

wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ilikemusicals
post May 25th 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #4

Bucky was awesome! I had missed him!

--------------------
+Quote Post
severnBBC
post May 25th 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #5

I absolutely loved Bucky last night - his voice was great and he looked terrific. He will be the most amazing asset to the tour. I will definitely be buying bucky's first cd and honestly I never thought I would say that before. My Mother also really likes him. grin.gif

I think Bucky could have been a great American Idol but he is better off not in that position - just as Kat is better off not.

This season of American Idol has been interesting and I think more of these Idols will meet with success than any other season.

--------------------
My Favorite Idols:

Will Young, UK Pop Idol, Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice, Carrie Underwood,
Kalan Porter, Canadian Idol 2 and Kurt Nilsen - The Norwegian World Idol.

Also Ai 5 contestants the beautiful Katharine McPhee and the adorable Will!
+Quote Post
pumkinsmom8
post May 25th 2006, 12:05 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI4: Bo Bice
Fav. AI 7 Jason C, Michael J

thats great news! w00t.gif Bucky DOES look hot! wub.gif thanks for the pic and thanks for the news flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jodeb
post May 26th 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #7

Thanks for the picture, Janer. Can't ever get enough Bucky. I just came on the forum a minute ago to see his pretty face staring back at me, thanks to you. huggy.gif

I thought Bucky was just marvelous on Tuesday night, too. Looked gorgeous as usual. I loved his hair just the way it was.

I was amazed at the new voice he pulled out of his hat for Raindrops. I couldn't hear a trace of any accent at all and the diction was unbelievable. Some people who aren't country fans called to tell me that they loved him doing that song.

Honestly, I love him in all forms, shapes, hairdos, etc. However, Raindrops did show how versatile Bucky is and that he is still full of surprises.

I won't lie, I wish he had won. The *label* of American Idol is doing Carrie just fine, but I don't think Bucky was ever in their plans. They lost a good one, but I truly believe (not just hope) that he will have a great career in country. He has it all, including YES, the X factor, the likeability factor, etc.. as well as being a hunk and a great talent.

I love that boy. And I loved seeing him Tuesday. I will buy anything he puts out and go anywhere to see him. He has touched my heart. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
janer25
post May 29th 2006, 9:24 AM
Post #8

Fav. AI9: Casey James
Fav. CSIs: Horatio & Hodges

QUOTE(jodeb @ May 26th 2006, 11:31 AM) *

Thanks for the picture, Janer. Can't ever get enough Bucky. I just came on the forum a minute ago to see his pretty face staring back at me, thanks to you. huggy.gif

I thought Bucky was just marvelous on Tuesday night, too. Looked gorgeous as usual. I loved his hair just the way it was.

I was amazed at the new voice he pulled out of his hat for Raindrops. I couldn't hear a trace of any accent at all and the diction was unbelievable. Some people who aren't country fans called to tell me that they loved him doing that song.

Honestly, I love him in all forms, shapes, hairdos, etc. However, Raindrops did show how versatile Bucky is and that he is still full of surprises.

I won't lie, I wish he had won. The *label* of American Idol is doing Carrie just fine, but I don't think Bucky was ever in their plans. They lost a good one, but I truly believe (not just hope) that he will have a great career in country. He has it all, including YES, the X factor, the likeability factor, etc.. as well as being a hunk and a great talent.

I love that boy. And I loved seeing him Tuesday. I will buy anything he puts out and go anywhere to see him. He has touched my heart. wub.gif

He's improved a lot and received TONS of great reviews from those who watched the finale night. Also his cover of Superstition on the AI5 cd is a critic's favorite. It would have been even more perfect if he was made to sing any of the country songs he performed but that only goes to show how versatile Bucky is.

I keep on watching Bucky's Burt Bacharach number and I remember the very first time he performed on the AI stage with Simple Man. He looked lanky and shy then but on finale night when he wore that tux and sang beatifully, he already looked and performed like a star. He's gained a lot of confidence and the only one among the top 12 who took note of and learned from what the judges said to him.

In a couple of weeks, Bucky's another dream will come true and that is the tour. I'm sure he's gonna have a blast. He gets to perform and hang out with his AI friends and meet his fans.

He brought talent and class in this year's AI, I wouldn't be surprised if big time country labels are all over him right now. w00t.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post May 29th 2006, 1:15 PM
Post #9

Fav. AI8: Megan Joy and Kris Allen

ahh thats awesome!!!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
MrsGrint
post May 30th 2006, 4:02 PM
Post #10

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. MINK

Go Bucky!

--------------------
Listen To MINK. www.myspace.com/minkmusik
+Quote Post
milesofglory
post Jun 5th 2006, 4:37 PM
Post #11

Fav. AI3: Jon Peter Lewis
Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald

QUOTE(jodeb @ May 24th 2006, 2:49 PM) *

Bucky and Kellie want Nashville deals

Speaking of "American Idol," former contestant Bucky Covington told me yesterday that he and fellow booted contestant Kellie Pickler have met individually with a high-powered Nashville record label chief.The two met with Joe Galante, chief of the Sony BMG record label family, which is home to, among others, last
season's "Idol"winner, Carrie Underwood.

Joe's top talent scout, Renee Bell, says the label group absolutely is open to signing more "Idol" contestants.

"That show is huge," Renee said.

And of this season's two country-fied contestants, Bucky and Kellie, Renee says: "They're both intriguing in different ways. We're going to continue to have discussions with them."

Bucky says Mandisa Hundley, Nashville's only contestant this season, took him and Kellie to dinner at Blackstone restaurant and brewery on West End. (You can see all three Aug. 10 at the "Idol" finalists' Nashville tour stop at the GEC. Tix go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday.)

But Bucky's fave Nashville restaurant? Loveless Cafe.

"I went out there the first time, chicken and dumplings, lawd have mercy. That was on time," he said.

"And you ain't been to the Loveless unless you've had biscuits. Lawd, lawd."

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...1/ENTERTAINMENT

I think Bucky's going to be a star; don't worry about the naysayers. That is a good picture of him in the white shirt. Wondering if it was taken in Nashville; just wondering if I recognized the locale. I had read on some of the threads that Bucky already had a label. Although I know no one is signed yet until their i contract is officially up. Joe Galante is over BMG which is also part of RCA; just one big conglomerate! He's a great country music guy-Bucky will be in good hands if signs with that label. Kellie Pickler? That's surprising, not sure how she would go over with the country audience. They demand a little more than a ditsy personality from their music. And her performances were off most of the time than they were on!
I had to smile when he mentioned the Loveless Cafe! That's one famous restaurant. I'm going to have find out what I'm missing. The lady who's over that was on "Ellen," around December last year. She should Ellen how to make her famous biscuits. But if Bucky says those are some of the best biscuits he's ever tasted, I believe him! grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
noclue07
post Jul 18th 2006, 1:49 AM
Post #12

Fav. AI6: Gina Glocksen
Fav. AI5: Melissa McGhee
Fav. OzI4: Damien Leith

Do we know if its official if Bucky is definiately signed to a record label? unsure.gif

--------------------
Meeshy // Blend - Amanda // Avvie
IPB Image
Idol Faves: Carly, Brooke, David Cook Jason, Ramiele
+Quote Post
Tiff19
post Jul 18th 2006, 1:53 AM
Post #13

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(noclue07 @ Jul 18th 2006, 2:49 AM) *

Do we know if its official if Bucky is definiately signed to a record label? unsure.gif

no we do not yet, but I am sur he is signed or will be very soon yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 24th 2014, 2:21 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol