Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

50 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kris' 2nd album: "Thank You Camellia", Release Date: May 22, 2012
josie927
post Aug 24th 2010, 7:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Kris talks about his next album in an article published today in the U of W.Virgina's student newspaper after playing Fall fest with Maroon 5:

"Iím so happy I even got the chance to make a first album," Allen said. "Everyone wants to make that first album perfect, and I feel like I may not have taken enough time to work on my first, so now I plan to take more time on the next album and hope for a perfected, raw sound."

Raw sound? God that sounds good. Here is the link to the article:

http://www.thedaonline.com/a-e/2008-americ...lfest-1.1538625

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 24th 2010, 7:39 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

ben511
post Aug 24th 2010, 10:30 AM
Post #2

Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(josie927 @ Aug 24th 2010, 7:39 AM) *

Kris talks about his next album in an article published today in the U of W.Virgina's student newspaper after playing Fall fest with Maroon 5:

"Iím so happy I even got the chance to make a first album," Allen said. "Everyone wants to make that first album perfect, and I feel like I may not have taken enough time to work on my first, so now I plan to take more time on the next album and hope for a perfected, raw sound."

Lol, why does it say "2008 ĎAmerican Idolí winner Kris Allen"
Didn't that happen last year? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
buy the album now Kristopher Neil Allen // Kick Awesome!
IPB Image
You never know a good thing till it's gone // credit to: SouthernGirl
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Aug 24th 2010, 5:24 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(josie927 @ Aug 24th 2010, 8:39 AM) *

I remember Kris said that KATA was going to have a 'raw and organic feel' but I don't think he acheived his goal. Maybe Jive derailed his plans. I'm glad that he's pushing again in this direction since I think many tracks on KATA suffers from being overproduced. For instance, the cacophony of drums and guitars near the end of RG was unnecessary and too overpowering. Sometimes less is more and I think TT would have been more pleasant sounding with less instrumentation. I also wish he could use his band and not be forced to use studio musicians during recording process to achieve a more authentic and organic sound.

--------------------
+Quote Post
josie927
post Aug 24th 2010, 7:01 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(RinaM @ Aug 24th 2010, 5:24 PM) *

I remember Kris said that KATA was going to have a 'raw and organic feel' but I don't think he acheived his goal. Maybe Jive derailed his plans. I'm glad that he's pushing again in this direction since I think many tracks on KATA suffers from being overproduced. For instance, the cacophony of drums and guitars near the end of RG was unnecessary and too overpowering. Sometimes less is more and I think TT would have been more pleasant sounding with less instrumentation. I also wish he could use his band and not be forced to use studio musicians during recording process to achieve a more authentic and organic sound.

Agree. So agree.

--------------------
+Quote Post
idolwatcher_1
post Aug 24th 2010, 7:05 PM
Post #5

I hope he doesn't work with producers Mike Elizondo or Toby Gad again... do NOT want. But I do hope he includes more of his own band for his upcoming album, with maybe songs that they wrote with Kris yes.gif

This post has been edited by idolwatcher_1: Aug 24th 2010, 10:13 PM

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
idolwatcher_1
post Aug 24th 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #6

Kris' voice should run the show yes.gif ... no more overproduction. There's a lot Kris can explore for this next album, so I hope he has the freedom to make the choices he wants to make.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
josie927
post Aug 24th 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #7

Well, with his intense touring schedule, it's going to be awhile before he has time to actually work on a second album. I don't think Cook has even released a second yet, has he?

--------------------
+Quote Post
kristie
post Aug 24th 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI 13: Jena Irene

QUOTE(josie927 @ Aug 25th 2010, 12:45 AM) *

Well, with his intense touring schedule, it's going to be awhile before he has time to actually work on a second album. I don't think Cook has even released a second yet, has he?

not yet but he's working on it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jjeem
post Aug 25th 2010, 12:34 AM
Post #9

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: James Durbin
Fav. AI8: KRIS ALLEN

I agree completely. There's a lot of songs in the album which doesn't feel him. What he did with Heartless, She Works Hard For The Money, Ain't No Sunshine, Falling Slowly, or even What's Going On, that's his forte. I like the Truth but he is straining on the album version and even the radio edit with Pat Morita. But there's a version of it on Youtube where he performed Kiss 108 Matty In the Morning, his voice is epic. Maybe Kris should revisit what made those songs and performances work and not be tempted with overproduction. And stay the hell away from Pat Morita.

And this discussion of second album this soon means no 3rd single....?

About Kris having more control, that's a tough spot. Kris has no experience in this process, at least in this level of production. I want him to have full creative control, but we don't know if he actually needs assistance or even requested for it. In one of the interviews, Kris said he doesn't understand the whole process yet. That includes post and pre-production which affects the final output of his creativity. Its easy to say Kris should do this and that, stay true to himself, blah blah... but I wish it's that simiple. Kris unfortunately have to smarten up and know where wants to take his career because if his debut album is any indication he's kind of on his own.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
HeatherLovesAI
post Aug 25th 2010, 1:55 AM
Post #10

Fav. AI10: Stefano Langone
Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips

QUOTE(jjeem @ Aug 24th 2010, 10:34 PM) *

And this discussion of second album this soon means no 3rd single....?

just discussion, kris made it pretty clear he has zero plans to go record anytime soon, and he's touring clear though the end of the year.

He didn't have time to have control on the first album, and besides, he did take the time and write tons of songs an work with who he wanted to, I think he did control it fairly well, all things considered.

Yes, I do want a more organic acoustic sound from him. Maybe more songs true to his life. I like the songs on his album, but I can't help but think they don't really relate. So many sad songs, and break up songs. I'd like to hear about his relationships and his life a bit more original.gif. Well not 10 mushy songs about Katy haha.gif but I think he could write a love song or two. He has a knack for relating to ANYTHING as a performer, that's why he did so well on Idol, but I'd like to hear some stuff he's really feeling.

This post has been edited by HeatherLovesAI: Aug 25th 2010, 1:56 AM

--------------------
P2 // SKYLAR // JOSHUA
+Quote Post
Ashley
post Aug 25th 2010, 2:32 AM
Post #11

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison

QUOTE(HeatherLovesAI @ Aug 25th 2010, 4:55 PM) *
Yes, I do want a more organic acoustic sound from him. Maybe more songs true to his life. I like the songs on his album, but I can't help but think they don't really relate. So many sad songs, and break up songs. I'd like to hear about his relationships and his life a bit more original.gif. Well not 10 mushy songs about Katy haha.gif but I think he could write a love song or two. He has a knack for relating to ANYTHING as a performer, that's why he did so well on Idol, but I'd like to hear some stuff he's really feeling.

yes.gif yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
LanceC
post Aug 25th 2010, 4:35 AM
Post #12

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI10: Pia/Haley

QUOTE(josie927 @ Aug 24th 2010, 7:39 AM) *

I don't feel like trusting Kris' words, we've already proven that he doesn't get much say on his career. But I hope they start working on this next album, waiting for 1 or 2 years is torture... wait, this is Jive, 4 years tongue.gif

--------------------
Kradam bubbletweet
Adam: "I'm a little tired myself"
Kris: "Yeah Adam, let's go to bed. I'm on top"
Adam: "You just did that"
+Quote Post
Kworb
post Aug 25th 2010, 5:56 AM
Post #13

Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(idolwatcher_1 @ Aug 24th 2010, 7:05 PM) *

I hope he doesn't work with producers Mike Elizondo or Toby Gad again... do NOT want. But I do hope he includes more of his own band for his upcoming album, with maybe songs that they wrote with Kris yes.gif

I think he is eager to work with Mike Elizondo again... Can't Stay Away and Is It Over seem to be his favorites from this album, so we'll probably get more of that for the second album.

--------------------
+Quote Post
yasmina712
post Aug 25th 2010, 7:38 AM
Post #14

Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

i think iam in the minority here but i loved kris first album ,although it is not perfect ,i loved the lite pop rock vibe in the album but iam looking forward in what kris is going to do with his second album ,i think it will take a while before he release it if he want it to be perfect ,probably in 2012

QUOTE(LanceC @ Aug 25th 2010, 2:35 PM) *

I don't feel like trusting Kris' words, we've already proven that he doesn't get much say on his career. But I hope they start working on this next album, waiting for 1 or 2 years is torture... wait, this is Jive, 4 years tongue.gif

i think he had a lot of say in his career for a new singer ,you can't expect jive to let him make all the desicions ,they don't do that except for the big artists plus kris wrote the majority of the songs in the album and they let him write with all his dream list sogwriters but i have to admit that jive is losers in choosing second singles and in marketing albums .

--------------------
+Quote Post
idolwatcher_1
post Aug 25th 2010, 7:52 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(Kworb @ Aug 25th 2010, 5:56 AM) *

I think he is eager to work with Mike Elizondo again... Can't Stay Away and Is It Over seem to be his favorites from this album, so we'll probably get more of that for the second album.

He needs to reconsider this decision then, because he took a backseat in the chorus of those songs, as the instrumentation that Mike Elizondo was engineering the sound for, overpowered him. I really hope Kris has more control over the sound production on his next album, at least when he listens back to the songs BEFORE his album is about to be released...

Kris made comments right after his first album debuted that if he had more time, he would have probably done some different things on some of the songs before releasing the album, so fingers crossed that he notices where the songs are clouded with instrumentation and makes the necessary adjustments. innocent.gif

This post has been edited by idolwatcher_1: Aug 25th 2010, 7:53 AM

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
LanceC
post Aug 25th 2010, 8:49 AM
Post #16

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI10: Pia/Haley

QUOTE(yasmina712 @ Aug 25th 2010, 7:38 AM) *

i think he had a lot of say in his career for a new singer ,you can't expect jive to let him make all the desicions ,they don't do that except for the big artists plus kris wrote the majority of the songs in the album and they let him write with all his dream list sogwriters but i have to admit that jive is losers in choosing second singles and in marketing albums .

Not really. I doubt it was Kris who wanted a cover of a Script song to be his debut single nor pick the song written by Train peeps and featuring the Train dude to boot for his next single. I also remember an interview way way before that he plans on having pure acoustic tracks on the album, but we never got one.

--------------------
Kradam bubbletweet
Adam: "I'm a little tired myself"
Kris: "Yeah Adam, let's go to bed. I'm on top"
Adam: "You just did that"
+Quote Post
yasmina712
post Aug 25th 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #17

Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

QUOTE(LanceC @ Aug 25th 2010, 6:49 PM) *

Not really. I doubt it was Kris who wanted a cover of a Script song to be his debut single nor pick the song written by Train peeps and featuring the Train dude to boot for his next single. I also remember an interview way way before that he plans on having pure acoustic tracks on the album, but we never got one.

yes kris didn't choose his singles but he co wrote most of the album so it not like he was forced to write those songs or something and he seems very happy singing them live ad all the songs fit his voice really well ,i know that all the fans are mad at jive for choosing the truth and for their poor promotion of kris but let's admit that kris didn't compormise much in his first album , the album sound like kris not anyone else but it would be unreleastic to demand that the label give him total control and he is still new even kelly clarkson doesn't have total control in her album and she is big artist right now .

This post has been edited by yasmina712: Aug 25th 2010, 11:33 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kworb
post Aug 25th 2010, 10:56 AM
Post #18

Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

I agree with you yasmina. I know fans like to turn on the material when it doesn't perform well, but KATA is an excellent album with a bunch of amazing songs. The potential was there, it was just completely mismanaged by Jive. If Kris's second album is just as good as the first then I will be extremely happy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
vanjess38
post Aug 25th 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #19

Fav. XfactorUSA: Chris Rene

QUOTE(idolwatcher_1 @ Aug 25th 2010, 7:52 AM) *

He needs to reconsider this decision then, because he took a backseat in the chorus of those songs, as the instrumentation that Mike Elizondo was engineering the sound for, overpowered him. I really hope Kris has more control over the sound production on his next album, at least when he listens back to the songs BEFORE his album is about to be released...

Kris made comments right after his first album debuted that if he had more time, he would have probably done some different things on some of the songs before releasing the album, so fingers crossed that he notices where the songs are clouded with instrumentation and makes the necessary adjustments. innocent.gif

I agree with you. If we should vote for which producer he must work with, I'll vote for whoever produced RED GUITAR. A+ producer in my opinion. He really did an excellent job and Oh! I just checked AWM and realised he co-produced that as well.

I would't mind Tobias Karlson either cos he also did a good job on LIR.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Aug 25th 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #20

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

QUOTE(ben511 @ Aug 24th 2010, 11:30 AM) *
Lol, why does it say "2008 ĎAmerican Idolí winner Kris Allen"
Didn't that happen last year? rolleyes.gif
It was probably a typo.

QUOTE(josie927 @ Aug 25th 2010, 12:45 AM) *
Nope. noexpression.gif

--------------------
I Andrew. Ľ Last.fm. Lee-DeWyze.net. Twitter.
IPB Image IPB Image
AI13: Jessica. Caleb. Sam. Jena. Alex. Ľ SYTYCDA4: Jay. Zoey. Sam. Eden. Michael. Ľ TV6: Clarissa. Jake. Kat.
+Quote Post

50 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 21st 2014, 7:24 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol