Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

10503 Pages V « < 10320 10321 10322 10323 10324 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Baseball Thread, Dude, we went FISHING. In CABO.
SpamGoddess
post Mar 1st 2012, 3:41 PM
Post #206421

Bet ya wish you hadn't asked for one now eh? yep
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. Sports Team: Atlanta Braves

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Mar 1st 2012, 3:24 PM) *

Hey, at least it's cheaper than Opening Day tix at CitiField (which start at $46)... yes.gif laughing.gif

Yeah, but this is about a $10 increase from last year and it kind of came out of nowhere. sad.gif

--------------------
[v.One True Love] :That's how I roll: [12.18.06/04.22.07/01.30.09/8.15.13] :Tumblr | Twitter:
IPB Image
[RIP, Gary. The RE misses you. ♥] :May the odds be ever in your favor:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 1st 2012, 3:41 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 1st 2012, 4:42 PM
Post #206422

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

Exactly how I feel. The two wild card teams could be 5-10 games apart and the better one could miss out because they lost one game. It's not fair.
#Brewers manager Ron Roenicke likes extra wild card but said 1-gamer would be tough if one team has 95 wins and the other 85 wins.

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
RIP Cory Monteith. | My Disney Tumblr.
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Mar 2nd 2012, 1:29 AM
Post #206423

Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

QUOTE(RWG @ Mar 1st 2012, 2:27 AM) *

You could have beaten the Cards in the one-game showdown. The teams weren't exactly trending in the same direction, but you never know. haha.gif

I don't think serious baseball fans will like it. It looks like a pretty deliberate stab at hooking casual fans.

Possibly. It would've been a miracle. haha.gif

Yeah, and the timing is weird too. After the season we just had, where not one wild card race, but TWO came down to the last day, it's not like the sport is totally lacking excitement or something.

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Mar 1st 2012, 4:42 PM) *

Exactly how I feel. The two wild card teams could be 5-10 games apart and the better one could miss out because they lost one game. It's not fair.

yes.gif

--------------------
Nothing's gonna change my world... || Rest In Peace, Michael Johns
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Mar 2nd 2012, 1:47 AM
Post #206424

Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

Leaving for Florida in the morning! w00t.gif

--------------------
Nothing's gonna change my world... || Rest In Peace, Michael Johns
+Quote Post
RWG
post Mar 2nd 2012, 1:32 AM
Post #206425

IDF sucks right now. Huge post gone into the abyss.

This post has been edited by RWG: Mar 2nd 2012, 2:25 AM

--------------------
"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"
+Quote Post
RWG
post Mar 2nd 2012, 1:51 AM
Post #206426

QUOTE(LuvGrowsWhereMorganGoes @ Feb 29th 2012, 11:33 PM) *

I like the idea happy.gif I'm kinda glad the Braves didn't make it last year... we wouldn't have gotten anywhere in the condition we were in.

I hope so too! It's cool that he's so happy there & adapting well since he's from down here...way different tongue.gif

True... but to be honest he just seems... dopey to me laughing.gif fear.gif

No prob! grin.gif Thanks! I haven't been very 'in depth' lately though stuart.gif

I love feel good stories like that... like Dan Uggla, he was a rule 5 draft pick and look where he's at.

That's what I admire about his personality. Having watched the Jays and Raptors over the years, I've seen a lot of athletes come through Toronto with rotten attitudes about playing in Canada. It offers furthest thing from the lives they dreamed of having as professional athletes. Florida is probably more different from Toronto most of the rest of the U.S., but JP fully embraces it anyways.

I can see that, actually. haha.gif He used to strike me as tough love and over-the-top professional, but in the first interview with him I saw, he was mumbling and rambling and not making any sense. I can imagine him being the guy who drives off the work with the garage door up.

I didn't even know what an Uggla was until last year.

QUOTE(SpamGoddess @ Mar 1st 2012, 12:12 PM) *

Yeah, I'm betting on us NOT beating them in a one-game showdown. We were running so ragged that I had a feeling even if we somehow won that one game, we would be pretty much swept out of the NLDS. haha.gif

Yeah, I don't follow a lot of players. I follow most (or all?) of the Braves, and I follow LoMo + a few others, but I know some people who follow every single player and I just don't know how.

Yeah, tumblr for baseball~ is definitely more of a girl thing? I was trying to find a way to put it, but twitter is more how a guy watches sports, and tumblr is more of a how girl sees it? It's hard to put in words, but I know what I'm talking about. roll.gif

Pre-sale for single game tickets started this morning but it's SUCKING. Upper box tickets are frickin' $30 for opening day?! And I kept searching so eventually I have apparently been locked out of ticketmaster? It keeps saying it's forbidden. roll.gif So even though it's a little more expensive (like $4) on StubHub, I'm probably going to do that just for the convenience because damn.

Yeah they probably would have crushed you. But people would have watched it!

I couldn't imagine finding players from other teams' Tweets interesting. Even in the off-season, there's still a lot of TMI Facebook-y updates. I like knowing what they have to tell fans--not the media--after wins and losses.

LOL. I kind of know what you're saying. All else being equal, I find a lot of men tend to think of themselves as the tenth man and take themselves too seriously as fans, whereas women are able to appreciate the lighter side of sports better. Kind of as if guys aren't able to realize they're just fans? That doesn't tie into Twitter and Tumblr at all, but whatevs.

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Mar 1st 2012, 1:42 PM) *

I agree that's not fair, but neither is the fact teams in tough divisions get screwed out of tough playoff over geography.

This post has been edited by RWG: Mar 2nd 2012, 2:22 AM

--------------------
"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 2nd 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #206427

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Mar 2nd 2012, 12:47 AM) *

Leaving for Florida in the morning! w00t.gif

Have fun!!!

QUOTE(RWG @ Mar 2nd 2012, 12:51 AM) *

I agree that's not fair, but neither is the fact teams in tough divisions get screwed out of tough playoff over geography.

But there's really not much they can do about that. Except for division realignment. I'd rather have teams miss out on the playoffs because of being in a tough division than a better team getting screwed because they lost a one game playoff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Mar 2nd 2012, 1:52 PM
Post #206428

Fav. SYTYCD5: Karla Garcia
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. MLB: New York Mets

For everyone that's going to Spring Training, have a safe trip and enjoy! yes.gif

As for me, I too, will be watching live baseball soon... Of the College variety. laughing.gif

Maryland - ranked #20 in the Perfect Game pool and #27 in the Collegiate Baseball poll, hosts MAAC powerhouse Manhattan in our Home Opener today. GO TERPS! grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(Thank you to o0itzAnGiE and to Stacey for the blinkies!)
NYG|NYK|NYR|UMD | IPB Image I support KARLA always! | IPB Image | LET'S GO METS
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Mar 2nd 2012, 1:59 PM
Post #206429

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Mar 1st 2012, 4:42 PM) *

Yeah, I don't agree with having a one-game Wild Card round; having at least a three-game series between the two Wild Cards would have been more porportionate to the 5-7-7 format they have for the main field.

Speaking of which, the silver lining in the extra Wild Cards, is that this might have killed all talk of a seven-game Division Series. shifty.gif

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Mar 2nd 2012, 1:29 AM) *
Yeah, and the timing is weird too. After the season we just had, where not one wild card race, but TWO came down to the last day, it's not like the sport is totally lacking excitement or something.
yes.gif

People have talked about how a second Wild Card would "kill" this sort of excitement, but as long as there is a final Playoff spot up for grabs, I feel like that this same kind of excitement would still exist (under the right conditions, of course)... yes.gif

Regardless, I think that adding a second Wild Card is crap (even if it would've benefitted us in the future). An eight-team playoff system was not broke. If they wanted to add extra teams, they should've just made it a sixteen-team (eight-and-eight), 5-7-7-7 playoff bracket, like it used to be in the NBA... yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Mar 2nd 2012, 7:52 PM
Post #206430

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Mar 2nd 2012, 1:52 PM) *
As for me, I too, will be watching live baseball soon... Of the College variety. laughing.gif

Maryland - ranked #20 in the Perfect Game pool and #27 in the Collegiate Baseball poll, hosts MAAC powerhouse Manhattan in our Home Opener today. GO TERPS! grin.gif

We won, 3-2, on a walk-off single - after scoring the tying run on a hit batsman. HELL YEAH! IPB Image

IPB Image

This post has been edited by ShortstopVM: Mar 2nd 2012, 7:53 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
tireswing
post Mar 2nd 2012, 8:09 PM
Post #206431

Kelly is my BFF

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI11: Erika Van Pelt

Hate the new playoff system, tbh. Way to totally kill the idea of a proper pennant race.

--------------------

IPB Image
CUf is my fave | AI11: EVP, Skylar, Hollie
+Quote Post
idolcarrie23
post Mar 2nd 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #206432

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

I actually like the new playoff system. fear.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
2.22.08 4.1.10 6.5.12 6.8.12 6.9.12 11.27.12 2013 CMA Fest.
+Quote Post
SpamGoddess
post Mar 2nd 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #206433

Group Icon

I just ordered tickets for the home opener.

I'm really going, guys. bye2.gif

I went ahead and ordered them because they released lower level outfield seats tonight... for only $10 more than upper box. Plus I had to order SEVEN and I'm paranoid and was afraid they wouldn't have that many together again ever. haha.gif Though the price tag still looked awful when I was checking out. $40 x 7 = $280. fear2.gif

--------------------
[v.One True Love] :That's how I roll: [12.18.06/04.22.07/01.30.09/8.15.13] :Tumblr | Twitter:
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 2nd 2012, 11:52 PM
Post #206434

QUOTE(SpamGoddess @ Mar 2nd 2012, 10:29 PM) *

I just ordered tickets for the home opener.

I'm really going, guys. bye2.gif

I went ahead and ordered them because they released lower level outfield seats tonight... for only $10 more than upper box. Plus I had to order SEVEN and I'm paranoid and was afraid they wouldn't have that many together again ever. haha.gif Though the price tag still looked awful when I was checking out. $40 x 7 = $280. fear2.gif

Aw cool!!! I can't wait for Brewers Opening Day. heart.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpamGoddess
post Mar 3rd 2012, 12:20 AM
Post #206435

Group Icon

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Mar 2nd 2012, 11:52 PM) *

Aw cool!!! I can't wait for Brewers Opening Day. heart.gif

I get to see the Brewers on the Braves opening day. shocked.gif shocked.gif shocked.gif

Gonna be weird without Prince. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 3rd 2012, 12:41 AM
Post #206436

QUOTE(SpamGoddess @ Mar 2nd 2012, 11:20 PM) *

I get to see the Brewers on the Braves opening day. shocked.gif shocked.gif shocked.gif

Gonna be weird without Prince. sad.gif

Whoa, really? laughing.gif

I know, right? closedeyes.gif sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Mar 3rd 2012, 3:25 AM
Post #206437

So, I just found out about this little wrinkle:

The League Championship Series and World Series formats will remain the same, but in 2012 only, the five-game Division Series will begin with two home games for lower seeds, followed by up to three home games for higher seeds. This one-year change will eliminate a travel day prior to a decisive Game 5 of a Division Series and was necessary because the 2012 regular-season schedule -- announced before the agreement on the new postseason was reached -- had no wiggle room. There will still be a travel day between Games 2 and 3.

Why should the Wild Cards get the privelege of hosting Game 1 of the LDS? unsure.gif

The League had been about having the extra Wild Card since last season, yet they do not leave any room in their 2012 schedule for a potential Wild Card round. MLB, you're so smart... wub.gif /obvious sarcasm

Thankfully, the 2-3 will only be used for this season...

This post has been edited by ShortstopVM: Mar 3rd 2012, 3:28 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LuvGrowsWhereMorganGoes
post Mar 3rd 2012, 8:40 AM
Post #206438

That's Tawny Burke to you!

Fav. AI1: R.J. Helton
Fav. AI6: Chris Sligh
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

FANFEST TODAY!!! spaz.gif My bro in law got the season ticket pass for us so we get to go in at 10 for an hour without non season ticket people grin.gif I'm excited w00twave.gif

--------------------
Braves-Marlins-Rays- Heat- Dolphins
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 3rd 2012, 11:53 AM
Post #206439

Have fun!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
RWG
post Mar 3rd 2012, 5:22 PM
Post #206440

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Mar 2nd 2012, 7:14 AM) *

Have fun!!!
But there's really not much they can do about that. Except for division realignment. I'd rather have teams miss out on the playoffs because of being in a tough division than a better team getting screwed because they lost a one game playoff.

That's kind of my point. Judging a rule change on fairness doesn't make a lot of sense because there's nothing fair about the current system to begin with.

If you asked me, a perfectly fair system wouldn't even have playoffs; it would reward the title the most consistent regular-season team. That's probably who the best team that year was. But that would be boring. It's a tradeoff for entertainment.

I'm probably not a proponent of this if I'm a fan of any other team in the league. haha.gif Just playing devil's advocate.

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Mar 2nd 2012, 10:59 AM) *

Yeah, I don't agree with having a one-game Wild Card round; having at least a three-game series between the two Wild Cards would have been more porportionate to the 5-7-7 format they have for the main field.

I would like this better. Give the teams that won pennants a few days to get rested and heal.

--------------------
+Quote Post

10503 Pages V « < 10320 10321 10322 10323 10324 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 21st 2014, 7:02 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol