Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

252 Pages V « < 250 251 252   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lewis' lists 2.0, Starting anew!
Harkins
post Yesterday, 8:17 PM
Post #5021

Group: Members

So You Think You Can Dance: Stage V. Street
2nd Elimination Show: Performance & Top 16 Ranking

Group Routine Thoughts (Reina and Asiel Salsa "Let the Groove Get In")

I'd be happier that this is a latin group routine if it wasn't so messy across the board. It's such a weird song choice and the tempo doesn't really fit the style for me. It starts off solid-ish with Virgil, Neptune and Edson doing a decent job of introducing the routine but the girls aren't so hot and when they start the group work, the girl in the red skirt (can't tell who it is) visibly messes up and then there's just general fumbling throughout. I don't know if we can expect any good ballroom routines if this is the standard we're looking at.

#09: Asaf & Marissa Jean-Marc Genereux Cha-Cha "+1"

Even is this isn't the "worst routine ever" (which it probably is), Asaf delivers one of the worst single performances ever seen on the show. oh my god he was so bad. Painful to watch bad. If I have to say something positive he was on time. All his awful awkward movements were on time. There. That's my positive.

There's not a single movement in this routine that looks natural, not one single lift or piece of partnering that looks authentic, nor is there partner work that Marissa could have done alone (in fact she may have done most of it better herself. On the topic of Marissa, let's not make this a get out of jail free card for her. Did she do better? Yes. Was she still pretty bad? Yes. This was essentially a jazz routine with a few cha-cha walks, so let's not say she conquered latin. This routine is so bad it's actually making me angry.

#08: Edson, JJ & Yorellis Tovaris Wilson Jazz "Restart"

Pre-teen competition garbage. They all deserve better. But they did what they could with it and Yorellis deserves extra props for trying to instill some sort of groove into it.

#07: Jim, Megz & Moises JaQuel Wilson Hip-hop "Whuteva"

If Asaf had made a fool of himself in the cha-cha, Moises would have a made a strong showing for worst male performance of the season so far. It's unfortunate that Jim made such a good showing last week, because he kinda undid his good work last week with this.

Thankfully Megz was there to pull the focus to someone doing the choreography justic. We've not really seen this specific style of hip-hop on SYTYCD as of late and I'm glad someone was there to show what it was actually meant to look like. Thank you Megz for that. I always though she gave an amazing performance on top of the dancing.

#06: Ariana, Burim & Gaby Sean Cheesman African Jazz "Gorilla"

And with this Burim completes the trifecta of completely underwhelming male performances for this show. He doesn't do as badly as Moises and/or Asaf, but tif watch Burim and then rewatch and watch the girls they may as well be two completely different routines both in the fact that most of the time Burim is just breaking anyway and the fact that when they are doing group work where Burim is messy, the girls are both on point, sharp and killing it. They both looked fierce and channeled aggression in their performance and their movement and I was very, very impressed.

#05: Alexia, Derek & Alexia Stacey Tookey Contemporary "All Waters"

Really love this routine. Love the song, love the choreography, love the dancing. For Jaja being cut last year because her extensions and lines weren't good enough, she looks really in line with Alexia for the majority of this number. Don't really have much else to say about it besides I just really enjoyed it.

#04 #TeamStreet Marty Kedulka Hiphop "Break Yo Neck"

I love the opening and the last third of this routine, the middle gets a little muddy in terms of choreography and everything which means #TeamStage won this week for me. Like the overall vibe is so cool and the chill feel is again not something commonly seen on the showm but some the choreo just doesn't do it for me and I'm not the biggest fan of the song in the first place so yeah.

p.s. Jaja's and Yorelli's solos were everything I need and more.

#03: #TeamStage Jaci Royal Contemporary "For My Help"

This is the routine I though Travis was going to deliver when he was talking about choreographing something new for the SYTYCD stage. It wasn't anything revolutionary but Jaci used movement and partnering I've not seen in 12 seasons to create really gorgeous images with depth. Absolutely love this routine and I really hope they bring Jaci back for either more group routines or just to see what she can do with a duo

#02: Hailee & Virgil Pharside & Phoenix Hip-hop "Runnin'"

Another amazing routine from the new and improved Nappytabs 2.0 Like P&P have started their SYTYCD choreography career at what would be considered Nappytabs high point in Season 10/11 after years of at best mediocrity. Going into this season I wasn't so hot on Virgil, despite him impressing in the last few weeks, he was just kinda there. Not any more. He was jaw droppingly good in this. He even makes running on the spot look good.

Hailee was amazing as well. Not as good as Virgil (not nearly as good imo but still good and better than what would be expected from most "stage" girls". Seriously though I've spolen a lot about the worst performances tonight but Virgil just delivered one of the best. Awesome choreography sailed by both dancers. Perfection.

#01: Kate & Neptune Justin Giles Contemporary "Promise"

If Runnin' was the best street performance we've seen, this is definitely the stage equivalent. One person from each team taking on an amazing piece of choreography and delivering it almost flawlessly and giving a performance that actually moves me. It's been said before that Justin Giles has choreography that favours hip-hop dancers and it definitely shows with Neptune. I don't mean that to take anything away from his performance, it's a very sharp routine that he hits well, there are moments his timing is a teeny bit off, but let's just sweep that under the rug. Kate also proves she can actually deliver on the stage delivering an actial performance that actually matches the quality of her dancing. They suit each other well and I hope down the line they're partnered again because they have a rare sense of maturity and chemistry not often seen on this show. Amazing routine and while Runnin' was probably dancer better, in terms of actual enjoyment this one is my favourite.

Ranking the Top 16

01. Jaja - Still flawless
02. Yorellis - So fierce and owns every step she takes
03. Neptune - Blew me away tonight and in hindsight everything he's done prior
04. Virgil - Same as Neptune, he really became a noticeable presence this week
05. Gaby - She really has star power and I'm looking forward to seeing her in something more typical
06. Hailee - The Tanisha of this season. I don't connect with her but she's done amazingly.
07. Jim - Misstep this week but he's still my fave #TeamStage guy by a country mile
08. Kate - Redeemed herself. I've heard she's take ballroom so I'm looking forward to seeing what she can out of genre
09. Ariana - She's consistently impresses me. I've got a feeling she will stay a quiet fave of mine all season. Really want to see her blew me away
10. Jessica - Getting dealt shite choreo and disappearing as a result
11. Megz - Still not all that into her. Does well every week but not blown me away yet
12. Edson - Best of a bad bunch of forgettable stage dancers
13. Alexie - Needs to show her personality ASAO
14. Derek - Who?
15. Marissa - Not impressed.
16. Asaf - Unforgivable performance tonight. Unfortunate really.

CODE
[b]#09: Asaf & Marissa Jean-Marc Genereux Cha-Cha "+1"[/b]
[b]#08: Edson, JJ & Yorellis Tovaris Wilson Jazz "Restart"[/b]
[b]#07: Jim, Megz & Moises JaQuel Wilson Hip-hop "Whuteva"[/b]
[b]#06: Ariana, Burim & Gaby Sean Cheesman African Jazz "Gorilla"[/b]
[b]#05: Alexia, Derek & Alexia Stacey Tookey Contemporary "All Waters"[/b]
[b]#04 #TeamStreet Marty Kedulka Hiphop "Break Yo Neck"[/b]
[b]#03: #TeamStage Jaci Royal Contemporary "For My Help"[/b]
[b]#02: Hailee & Virgil Pharside & Phoenix Hip-hop "Runnin'"[/b]
[b]#01: Kate & Neptune Justin Giles Contemporary "Promise"[/b]

[/quote]

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Yesterday, 8:17 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Deeee
post Yesterday, 8:22 PM
Post #5022

Fav. SYTYCD10: Jasmine Harper
Fav. SYTYCD5: Jeanine Mason
Fav. SYTYCD9: Tiffany Maher

Our routine/dancer ranking is literally identical. And our thoughts on each individual routine are the same.

Slay Lewis.

--------------------
SYTYCD 12: Jaja Vankova, Yorelis Apolinario, Jessica JJ Rabone, Gaby Diaz, Virgil Gadson, Megz Alfonso, Jim Nowakowski
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Yesterday, 8:26 PM
Post #5023

eww I kind feel dirty now

jk. kinda

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Deeee
post Yesterday, 8:36 PM
Post #5024

Fav. SYTYCD10: Jasmine Harper
Fav. SYTYCD5: Jeanine Mason
Fav. SYTYCD9: Tiffany Maher

Harsh. blarg.gif lol

--------------------
SYTYCD 12: Jaja Vankova, Yorelis Apolinario, Jessica JJ Rabone, Gaby Diaz, Virgil Gadson, Megz Alfonso, Jim Nowakowski
+Quote Post
zyanazur
post Today, 2:19 AM
Post #5025

Fav. SYTYCD9: Cole Horibe
Fav. SYTYCDUA7: Ilya Padzina

Group Routine Thoughts (Reina and Asiel Salsa "Let the Groove Get In")
The song is 70% why I enjoy this routine as much as I do. It just makes me wanna dance. Tempo changes FTW. The three guys you named and Yorelis stood out for me. It's easy, we just don't. Benelux S7 became much more enjoyable when I accepted that simple fact.

#09: Asaf & Marissa Jean-Marc Genereux Cha-Cha "+1"
The routine was so slow that it's basically impossible not to be on time. Though yeah, it is kind of surprising considering that he did manage to do that. My mind actually exploded when I watched this. It's just so unfathomable to me that my favorite TV show would stoop to such low levels.

#08: Edson, JJ & Yorellis Tovaris Wilson Jazz "Restart"
At this rater Yorelis will never be able to showcase herself properly. noexpression.gif And please stop giving her all the sexy roles, typecasting is not cute.

#07: Jim, Megz & Moises JaQuel Wilson Hip-hop "Whuteva"
Boys no, Megz yes. As a whole whuteva.

#06: Ariana, Burim & Gaby Sean Cheesman African Jazz "Gorilla"
I'm actually not mad about Asaf staying since it meant Burim had to go. Because he really dragged this down. Unforgivable considering how good the girls were here.

#05: Alexia, Derek & Alexia Stacey Tookey Contemporary "All Waters"
Hmm, I don't have much to say about this, but that's because I didn't enjoy it at all.

#04 #TeamStreet Marty Kedulka Hiphop "Break Yo Neck"
Yeah, it's cool. Jaja and Yorelis need to dance a HH duo at some point or I will consider this season a failure.

#03: #TeamStage Jaci Royal Contemporary "For My Help"
AMAZING.

#02: Hailee & Virgil Pharside & Phoenix Hip-hop "Runnin'"
It was good. I have my quibbles with the choreography here and there (and the costumes and lighting), but the dancers killed it.

#01: Kate & Neptune Justin Giles Contemporary "Promise"
I think that Giles' choreography suited Neptune better as well since it has that edge and intricacy that he can take advantage of. It was a very special one and a half minute. Kate/Neptune would make a great couple indeed.

--------------------
SYTYCDUS12: Jaja Gaby Kate Jim Virgil | Top 365 List | Tumblr

IPB Image

+Quote Post

252 Pages V « < 250 251 252
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 30th 2015, 5:11 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol