Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mississippi to define a fertilized egg as a "person", vote set for Tuesday, Nov. 8th
NatesHeadbander
post Dec 3rd 2011, 5:57 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Band: DMB

I'm Pro-Life but this is BS. I mean wtf??

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
avi:[*]||sig:[*]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 3rd 2011, 5:57 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

druth8x
post Dec 3rd 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #22

Ohio isn't the only one 4 more states are trying as well.
"Colorado, Montana, Oregon and Florida"

So aggravating.

These answers to these questions should be known before a voter votes:

"Do you have to buy two movie tickets if you're pregnant? Do you get to drive in the high occupancy lane on the freeway?" Theis asked. "Oh, and if you are a 12-year-old girl raped by her stepfather, then they get to decide what choices you make."

Also:

For example, Goldfarb said, couples with rare, lethal genetic diseases seeking to have children will have embryos tested for the genetic marker. He would then implant only embryos without the genetic marker, thus ensuring the fetus did not have the deadly disease.

"You sit there with a couple whose baby was so sick it died after four weeks, and tell them they should go through that again," he said. "It's a little different when you are actually sitting at the table looking at these people."

--------------------
+Quote Post
*~MarMar~*
post Dec 4th 2011, 12:41 AM
Post #23

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. live act: Green Day

QUOTE(bumnummies @ Dec 3rd 2011, 9:39 AM) *

Wow, I didn't think Ohio was that stupid.

A lot of us aren't sad.gif but this is a state where you have both bigger cities that are by and large more liberal (the Cs, my city, Akron, etc.) mixed with a lot of rural areas where evangelicalism is big (yes, there is some evangelicalism in the cities, but whatever).

--------------------
[Version: SNL 2004] Last.fm Tumblr Tweet treats!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RWG
post Dec 4th 2011, 1:11 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(bumnummies @ Dec 3rd 2011, 6:39 AM) *

Wow, I didn't think Ohio was that stupid.

I don't think there's that much correlation. Oregon, for one, is an extremely bright state.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ionlywantu2stay
post Dec 4th 2011, 9:14 AM
Post #25

Fav. AI9: They all suck

This is the dumbest act I've ever seen.

--------------------
Daddy daddy you came to love me!
+Quote Post
bumnummies
post Dec 5th 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #26

Group: Blend Artists

QUOTE(druth8x @ Dec 3rd 2011, 11:01 PM) *

For example, Goldfarb said, couples with rare, lethal genetic diseases seeking to have children will have embryos tested for the genetic marker. He would then implant only embryos without the genetic marker, thus ensuring the fetus did not have the deadly disease.

"You sit there with a couple whose baby was so sick it died after four weeks, and tell them they should go through that again," he said. "It's a little different when you are actually sitting at the table looking at these people."

And THIS is what these groups don't understand. Not only did those parents have to live with the pain of one, or two, or three... of these children going through this pain, but these babies were born into pain, suffering, and ultimately, death. An embryo is not a baby. I can even understand to some degree the position of the pro-life people who feel that a first trimester fetus can potentially feel pain, has a heart beat, etc... the fact that it somewhat resembles "a baby" .... but puleese, an embryo having rights? That's ridiculous.

QUOTE(RWG @ Dec 4th 2011, 1:11 AM) *

I don't think there's that much correlation. Oregon, for one, is an extremely bright state.

Well, Oregon is potentially stupid as well for this legislation, if it gets passed. original.gif

--------------------
MY NAME IS JENN. | COME VISIT ME ON TUMBLR OK? | or TWITTER | VERSION: COLCHELE.
IPB Image
| GLEE: Rachel. Kurt. Blaine. Tina. Santana. Sam. Brittany. And Everyone Else. :) | OH and I make stuff: REDBUBBLE |
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 82 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 3:46 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol