Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Voice van Vlaanderen / The Voice Belgique
mds
post Jan 12th 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Belgium is the first country to have not one, but two The Voice series airing simultaneously.

The Voice Belgique coaches are singer Lio, Star Academy winner Quentin Mosimann, Beverly Jo "BJ" Scott and pop-duo Joshua. The season is hosted by Maureen Louys.

The Voice van Vlaanderen coaches are Alex Callier, the man behind Hooverphonic, one of the most successful Belgian bands; Jasper Steverlinck, frontman of the Belgian rock group Arid; Koen Wauters, head of another successful Belgian group, Clouseau; and finally, Natalia Druyts, who was the runner up on the Belgian edition of Idol in 2003. The show is hosted by An Lemmens, a quite popular host known for Topmodel, Lost in Tokyo and So You Think You Can Dance.

The Voice van Vlaanderen recaps:

Battles: http://musicisthedoortothesoul.blogspot.co...-1-battles.html

--------------------
Visit my blog ( http://musicisthedoortothesoul.blogspot.com/ ) for all the Idol/X Factor/The Voice recaps! :D
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 12th 2012, 12:47 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

SlenderFrame
post Jan 17th 2012, 7:03 AM
Post #2

This is why I love living in my country (welcome to the birthplace of Surrealism): ermm.gif being a FrenchSpeaker, i don't have access to VTM and therefore can't watch The Voice of Flanders... angry.gif

I am watching The Voice Belgique and so far, it's quite good. I love the fact there are no bad singers we are supposed to laugh about, unlike NS. Some are just good singers, but there are some good vocalists at this stage...

We are still on Blind Auditions.

I love the Flemish jury: I love Hooverphonic and Arid wub.gif (Jasper is one of the very best belgian vocalist).
I find it sexier than our frenchspeaking jury.. Quentin is cute, he can help his candidates because he's been there done that and has an experience in music business as a DJ that goes back way before SA7. Lio was known as a judge via NS, she has not changed; sometimes she makes no sense at all, sometimes she said crude truth. Wonder how she'll be as a coach. I did not know Joshua, and I am learning to appreciate the duo... they have an intersteing team so far. BJ Scott is a huge voice and very picky... She should really help her contestants grow.
Site there: http://www.rtbf.be/thevoice/

Unfortunatelly few vids shared on YT...
Leonie Blind Audition 1

--------------------
+Quote Post
shameless
post Jan 18th 2012, 8:14 AM
Post #3

Fav. Ivy Quainoo got the Voice!

Slender, you can also fully watch The Voice van Vlaanderen on its official homepage in clips: http://vtm.be/the-voice-van-vlaanderen/nieuws/video
I think the talent is quite good (not suprising for a Voice show) and you have your typical pop-singer-voices made in belgian that are every producers wet dream.
the only let-down for me on this is Koen Walters who always seems to prefer the blandest male contestants possible over interesting female voices. this to me is also the problem with the voters in Flanders - thats why I am afraid this show will turn out as the same sausage fest as their Idool and X Factor shows did.
am following this and the Voices from Germany and Denmark right now and can say it surpassed the Idol format by miles to me these days. love it!

This post has been edited by shameless: Jan 18th 2012, 8:27 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
A new era has begun.
+Quote Post
mds
post Jan 21st 2012, 5:11 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(shameless @ Jan 18th 2012, 8:14 AM) *

Slender, you can also fully watch The Voice van Vlaanderen on its official homepage in clips: http://vtm.be/the-voice-van-vlaanderen/nieuws/video
I think the talent is quite good (not suprising for a Voice show) and you have your typical pop-singer-voices made in belgian that are every producers wet dream.
the only let-down for me on this is Koen Walters who always seems to prefer the blandest male contestants possible over interesting female voices. this to me is also the problem with the voters in Flanders - thats why I am afraid this show will turn out as the same sausage fest as their Idool and X Factor shows did.
am following this and the Voices from Germany and Denmark right now and can say it surpassed the Idol format by miles to me these days. love it!

I am too, plus the Voice Sverige and Holland, and I love the format, I actually think it's my fave of all

--------------------
Visit my blog ( http://musicisthedoortothesoul.blogspot.com/ ) for all the Idol/X Factor/The Voice recaps! :D
+Quote Post
mds
post Jan 25th 2012, 8:37 PM
Post #5

Updated the Battles post ...

--------------------
+Quote Post
shameless
post Feb 3rd 2012, 1:16 PM
Post #6

mds, I cannot open your site. I wish I could read it sad.gif
Natalia, Koen (what a surprise) and Jesper made some dumb choices in their sing-offs. let's see if thats getting back on them. to me Alex has the strongest team, both Natalia and Koen are definitely the weakest ones. too many bad decisions they've made.

--------------------
IPB Image
A new era has begun.
+Quote Post
mds
post Feb 3rd 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(shameless @ Feb 3rd 2012, 1:16 PM) *

mds, I cannot open your site. I wish I could read it sad.gif
Natalia, Koen (what a surprise) and Jesper made some dumb choices in their sing-offs. let's see if thats getting back on them. to me Alex has the strongest team, both Natalia and Koen are definitely the weakest ones. too many bad decisions they've made.

I don't really know what to say you. Do you know why?

And about that, yes, they made some awful choices, specially Koen, he's the worst. My fave mentor is Jesper but Alex's team is definitely the best. Mayken is my fave, let's see if the liveshows change anything.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SlenderFrame
post Feb 15th 2012, 10:09 AM
Post #8

The Voice Belgique has one more Battles show before Live ones.
I am enjoying the show so far. There have been some great duets during the battles, sometimes difficult to make a choice.

I am positivelly surprised with Lio, much better as a coach here than as a judge on Nouvelle Star. BJ Scott is a brilliant and energetic coach too. Joshua seems to be great and friendly.

Last night was 3d show of Battles, and it included Sing Off for Quentin Mosimann Team.
For the Sing Off he decided to oppose Luc & Chloé. I think he made the right choice eliminating Chloé, who was IMO one of his weak link.
http://www.rtbf.be/thevoice/article_qui-de...sira?id=7572943

His team is now complete with 6 talents, remarkably 3 girls & 3 boys! I like his 3 male contestants, Marco, Roberto & Luc. The girls have less strong voices but a nice feeling: Léonie has a very soulful voice, if she pass her fears she'll be good. Juliane is discreet but I like that type of voice. Charlotte is very shy but she could be a nice sweet folk singer.
Yirmes & Hadrien were rather good, the 2d should come back if tehre is a 2d season as he is quite young.
http://www.rtbf.be/thevoice/coach/fiche_qu...mann?id=7056973

Next Tuesday, last battles & Sing Off for the other coaches.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kimcuong
post Feb 15th 2012, 4:51 PM
Post #9

Fav. SYTYCD6: Kathryn McCormick
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman

Roberto, Juliane (I didn't really notice her during the blind auditions but her battle with Patricia was amazing!) and Charlotte are my favorites from Quentin's team. original.gif Can't wait for the live shows!!

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCD10 : Hayley. Makenzie. Jenna. Paul
+Quote Post
SlenderFrame
post Feb 16th 2012, 7:41 AM
Post #10

Juliane & Charlotte really did well in the battles! original.gif
Can't wait either.

The Voice France is beginning on Feb 25, thanks God, not the same day than The Voice Belgique so I will be able to watch both. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
shameless
post Feb 16th 2012, 8:42 AM
Post #11

WOW - the voice conquers the world. I think this is by far the fasted growing franchise if there ever was one. am I right?
all US, Germany, France and UK in one year - not too bad. also entire Scandinavia, west-and central europe and even Turkey and Israel have their own Voice versions already.

--------------------
IPB Image
A new era has begun.
+Quote Post
mds
post Feb 18th 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #12

Battles post fully updated! Liveshows coming really soon!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SlenderFrame
post Feb 21st 2012, 6:58 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(shameless @ Feb 16th 2012, 2:42 PM) *

WOW - the voice conquers the world. I think this is by far the fasted growing franchise if there ever was one. am I right?
all US, Germany, France and UK in one year - not too bad. also entire Scandinavia, west-and central europe and even Turkey and Israel have their own Voice versions already.

Yep, it's a cruel concept somehow, but I really like the relationship between candidates & coaches + no bad singers even at blind audition stage and no real TV crap & sob stories... Guess i'm not the only one!
I wish I could watch The Voice Norway, because I love Magne F (a-ha fan you know!) & Sondre Lerche...

Can't wait for tonight last battles in THe Voice Belgique!

This post has been edited by SlenderFrame: Feb 21st 2012, 6:58 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
shameless
post Feb 21st 2012, 2:38 PM
Post #14

yeah, The Voice Norge and Sverige are the only ones that I canot follow given the videos on the norwegian HP are not working for me and that Sweden blocked foreign viewers thumbdown.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
A new era has begun.
+Quote Post
SlenderFrame
post Feb 22nd 2012, 3:29 AM
Post #15

That's it for Battles round on The Voice Belgique! A really cruel round IMO.
Honestly, I had troubles making a choice between the 2 contestants on most of the duets...

Team BJ Scott
Sing off: Rebecca (eliminated) vs Stephanie.
I was surprised by BJ choice... I thought those 2 would go to the finals! And they both won their battle against strong contestants who should have gone through too: Jennifer & Nelson...
If you don't know, I did not recognize her at first but Stéphanie was one of the 16 contestant selected for Star Academy 2 in France (2002). She was the only belgian that year and was the 1st eliminated. I know she released a single with a group after that but it remained confidential. She really grew up and I like her determination & energy. Still, Jennifer had also a real potential and real desire to be there... their battle was fierce though friendly.
Rebecca has a nice soulful voice, I must say as choice had to be made I would have kept Nelson over her for reasons I can't really explain, so I'm really pissed she's out, after eliminating Nelson...

BJ remains with 2 boys & 4 girls. Unusual to see so many girls in competition in that sort of show!
I thin Caroline & Maïkel are the weakest links and I though BJ would put them to the test. Megan had a great battle with Loriane, I guess BJ found her more spectacular than Loriane but if I had to choose I would have kept Loriane, because of her tone. I agree though that those too would sound great as a duet and it would be cool if someone in the record company had the idea to sign them as such... Their voices and looks are perfect match. I think Renato is OK though I'm not really remember what he sang (that might be a bad sign). Julie looks like a favourite: she has a powerful yet sweet voice, energy and stage presence. She makes it look easy, she's natural and it's appealing.
I think Kris would have been a good contestant. Senso summed up well my opinion on Maïté: when she will lash it out she'll be a bomb, but Julie was more ready.

http://www.rtbf.be/thevoice/coach/fiche_be...cott?id=7080543

Team Lio
Lio had a huge problem with the principle of the sing off and was very emotionnal. I understand as this is really cruel for the contestants.
Sing off: Nastassia (eliminated) vs Simon
Less surprising choice; they were IMO weaker. Nastassia won her battle "by default" as Alice had medical problems that weaken her voice and Lio though it would be irresponsible to take her on the live shows, risking permanent damages to her voice. Simon does not dazzle me either honestly, maybe it's the song (not a fan of Josh Groban). Wait & see.
Lio kept 2 boys & 4 girls as BJ.
I like Kevin's voice (a little bit James Blunt) but I hope he'll work on his stage attitude. Hand in his pocket all way through the battle, honestly... I don't remember Caroline B & Dunia. Meggy was in the trio with Romy & Oliver, she was Ok but I would have kept Oliver over her. Daisy surprised me during the battles, I'm curious to see her more. Yves had a nice voice and made a great battle with Kevin. I loved both voices & interpretations, but prefered Yves'attitude. Now I guess Lio can go further with someone younger. I loved Caroline C and it was sad to have to make a choice between her and Daisy.

http://www.rtbf.be/thevoice/coach/fiche_lio?id=7080533

Team Joshua
Sing off: Ralf (eliminated) vs PJo
Another surprise!! I was expecting Michel & Mathieu... They seemed found of Ralf and I'm surprised they got rid of him. I guess they can work further with PJo, who's younger and has a more adaptable voice (plus he is a showmaker) while Ralf was stuck in his Johnny Cash style.
They kept 2 girls & 4 boys. Lubiana is one of the favourites for sure. But let's not sell the bear before catching it as we say in French. Giusy was a good surprise in the battle, if she keeps growing she might be a nice challenger. Christian is a showmaker but i wonder if the public will not tire quickly of his style (mainly reggae) - actually that might also be true for Lubiana. Mathieu is a wild card, it's a risk. I'm not into Il Divo kind of things but for sure, he has a difference that can help him stand up. Michel was once a Nouvelle Star contestant. He has an incredible voice but he will have to learn that less is more: I found him really over the top in the battle, and thouh he's brilliant I would have picked Julie over him because of her classy attitude (really Debbie Harry like).
Sad for Véronique & Aurore that they were in trio with Ralf. Aurore manage to find her place even if the song did not suit her at all, and I must say I was sad to see Véronique go as she really stood up to face the mountain that was Ralf. Roxanne did not really stand a chance facing Lubiana, one of the front runner already. Same for Tatiana facing Christian who had impressed the coaches already. Nathalie was great in Tool version of Imagine, I understand why Joshua kept Mathieu (as I said, he's different) but she deserved to stay. Christophe was maybe too confident and Giusy raised to the occasion...

http://www.rtbf.be/thevoice/coach/fiche_title?id=7080513

This post has been edited by SlenderFrame: Feb 22nd 2012, 3:32 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
shameless
post Feb 22nd 2012, 7:01 AM
Post #16

hmmm I am too much impressed with The Voice Belgique, I think a lot of battles have been quite pitchy. I agree though that some pairings where really not smart and two of the better competitors had to face of each other.
all in all I have to say the flemish version impresses me a bit more, despite going all way wrong in the liveshows right now. I really don't know what Belgium loves about the bland male voices by guys who have no star appear at all rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
A new era has begun.
+Quote Post
mds
post Feb 22nd 2012, 1:47 PM
Post #17

The Voice van Vlaanderen Top 24 recap: http://musicisthedoortothesoul.blogspot.co...n-1-top-24.html

Mayken and the trio were the best.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SlenderFrame
post Feb 29th 2012, 7:12 AM
Post #18

And done for the 1st Live episode of The Voice Belgique.

Team BJ and Team Quentin were reduced from 6 to 4 contestants.
I was surprised by the voting system. I am so used to French shows were they remind you of voting numbers every 5 minutes that I was surprised they only gave the voting number for each candidate as they were singing... That means than Luc, who was singing in last position, saw his voting number confirmed only 5 minutes before the votes closing! Strange...

Maureen was Ok, maybe a little stiff but that is normal on RTBF. One sound technician should be if not fired at least severelly admonished: he forgot to open the mike for Charlotte, who had to start her performance all over again. The jury was cordial and rather positive on every performance. The public seemed to enjoy the show. The band and backing vocalists are great.

I'll end up with the 2 guests stars of the show: Charlie Winston (a great performer & & nice guy) & Laura Pausini (still the strong vocalist she always was). Each performed one of their old hit with some contestants (Charlie with Quentin's boys, Laura with Julie & Renato) then solo for their current single.

During the show they went backstage with the V Reporters who asked the contestants how they felt about their performances or reading with them the public reactions on Twitter & FB.
Around 5 minutes before the end of the show, Maureen said that the contestants with the least votes were: Julie, Caroline & Maikel in Team BJ, Marco, Charlotte & Luc in Team Quentin.

Team BJ

I was expecting a lot from the contestants in BJ's team as on paper they seemed stronger than Quentin's. In the end, the only surprise in that group was Renato who choosed to sing "Coeur de Loup" by Philippe Lafontaine (a belgian artist) in a nice swinging arrangement. I was doubtful about him after the battles, but he was really at ease here.
As expected, Julie did well (she one of the most professionnal contestant on the show) but even if I like her, I think she lacks the extra something. I read an interview where she said her dream would be to become BJ backing vocalist... well, she has something fof the Province little star, if you know what I mean. many people speak about Megan's performance on Cabrel "Le monde est sourd" (in a new arrangment too): I liked it and she sings well but I would not scream genius either. The fact is: the girl looks gorgeous as a Barbie doll, and I think it helps a lot! Stephanie was good in "Black Velvet" but as Lio told her she should have let it go even more. Caroline is the youngest contestants, she has a freshness about her.

Results:
BJ decides to save Julie (I understand her , as Julie is one of the most professional).
Maureen announces that the 2 contestants with higher public votes scores are Renato (I was glad because he really impressed me for someone I did not really bother in Blinds & Battles) & Megan (I like her so i'm happy).
She also announces that the candidate with the lower voting score is Maikel, eliminated - sad to say but I think it was justified compared to other's level of performance. I considered him as a weak link from the start. I was even surprised to see than on Twitter or FB he seemed to have a strong fanbase.
BJ has to choose between Stéphanie & Caroline. She decides for the second after long rantings and hesitations that were probably difficult for the contestants. I am sad for Stéphanie, who had to fight to get there and is eliminated so soon, I honestly she could have go on further...

Team Quentin
Quentin surprised me as a coach! He proposed new arrangements to all of his team members and it sounded rather good!
Actually the performances I found the most interesting came from his team.
Many are renting about Roberto. Once again he made a nice version of "Apologize" but I don't find him dazzling... I found Luc much better, with his version of "Without you" by Guetta (the piano/voice at the beginning was great, then he stood up to end closer to the original). I like that's guy's voice and attitude. Juliane was sexy and original, but i don't know if she has commercial potential. I like her voice but I'm not sure she appeals to most. Léonie made an interesting version of "7 Nation Army" totally different from the original... She made quite an impression. Marco sang well but I found it a little bland compared to the other guys in his team. Charlotte had a nice version of "Womanizer", I thought it suited her and she did not let nerves gain on her after the microphone incident.

Results:
Quentin choses to save Juliane.
Public votes save Roberto (no surprise, he looks like a public favourite from the auditions) & Léonie (she really took the stage and it's deserved).
The candidate with lowest vote score is Marco - as I said, good singer but fading in comparizon with other members of his teams, and contestants from other teams...
Quentin has to choose between Charlotte & Luc. I felt sad for Charlotte, who could I think grew during the compettion if given time. But I agreed with Quentin keeping Luc, one of the best performers on the night and honestly steadier than Charlotte.

Next week, Team Lio & Team Joshua go live, with Maurane & the company of "1984 - Les amants de la Bastille" Musical as guests.

This post has been edited by SlenderFrame: Feb 29th 2012, 7:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SlenderFrame
post Mar 7th 2012, 7:54 AM
Post #19

Second live show with Team Joshua & Lio.
IMO much better performances. I liked the song choices.

Team Lio was the weakest on paper, but usually underdogs are the ones who create surprises... 2 of my favourite performances of the night came from their side!

Daisy was excellent in her version of "You & I" (Lady Gaga). I'm not a fan of Gaga and she made me love the song! Growing contestant. I love her voice!
Caroline B with "Skinny Love" (Birdy): THE magical moment of the night. Perfect match between her voice, her emotions, the song, the emotions conveyed by the song. I even did not take the contestant in account before yesterday!

Other contestants: Simon was better than I expected in "Show must go on". He's not Freddy (and even not Gregory Lemarchal, who seems to inspire him a lot: he was singing one of Greg's song in the portrait before his performance, and Show must go on was one of his signature song) but he was more powerfull than I though he would be. Dunia was OK on "Uninvited" (A Morissette). She did not know what to do whith her hands, she was not dazzling but it was a good performance. Meggy was too close to the original with "Because of you" (K Clarkson) to really impress. Lio told her she was blaming herself for giving her "that mountain to climb. It seemed so easy (BJ said: "that song sounds easy but it is actually not...."), I know what a voice you have, I was sure you would master it, you fought until the end against that mountain and you won." Well, not really as we would find out.
I loved the arrangements of Kevin's version of "Man down" (Rihanna), he has an interesting voice but the choruses were painfully too piercing... Sad, I liked the guy in the battles.

Results:
Lio saves Daisy (totally deserved!)
Public vote save Caroline B (once again totally deserved!) & Simon (less expected but Ok with me so far)
Candidate wiht lowest public vote score is Dunia, eliminated (it does not surprise me, she sang early in teh show and other performances were stronger)
Lio makes a long and confused speech about something's happening to Kevin's voice ("You had that operation... did you tell them you were a singer, next time you will..." - seems like he was operated for a peritonitis??? whatever... I don't know what Lio meant and I'm not sure she knew). The guy looked as lost as me, and seemed convinced Lio had decided to eliminate him... And she announced he was going through, mumbling confused excuses toward Meggy, second eliminated of the night.

I think the girls were weak links, Kevin's voice is more special. But he will need to find another way to use it as many just hated his performance...

Team Joshua was stronger on paper. They did not disappoint globally but once again the real surprises came from those you did not expect...

Giusy began "If I ain't got you" on piano and she looked nervous. Then she closed her eyes a second, the way you take your breath before a jump... And when she re-opened them she had grown taller. What a classy performer!!!! With emotions so sincere!!!! I hope the coaches will realize they NEED her in their team. In French we say that sometimes the tree hides the forest. In this team, the forest was hiding the tree... It's such a colourfull collection of voices and personnalities that Giusy looked like the small one in the back. She is definitivelly not.

I have to give a proper mention to Michel & PJo. Both have gigantic personnalities and great voices that they don't control. They were both over singing & over performing on previous episodes. I hated Michel in the battle. With "Are you gonna go my way" (L Kravitz) he was not in his comfort zone. He listened to the critics and almost looked like driving with both feet on the breaks... But I found it so good to see how he changed in 2 weeks of coaching that I was ready to forgive his previous performances. PJo was almost perfect on "Deeper Underground" (Jamiroquai): he proved himself as a real pop singer, and his voice as his stage presence were much more controlled.
Mathieu was in his comfort zone with "Parla piu piano". I like the guy, who seemed easy going and just nice. Lio noted he was a little pitchy, but overall I had a good time listening even if I'm not a fan of this style. Christian was also out of his comfort zone with "Stand by me". I agree with Senso when he says Christian is a real artist with roots, and whatever they would give him he would take the song in his own territory ("Give him Aznavour and he'll pour reggae in it"). But when you sing a blues as a reggaeman, you sound pitchy...
Loubiana is the designated frontrunner (the press is all about her). I liked her "Glory Box (Portishead) but when Quentin said: "OK, let's stop this, you won. I mean, quit The Voice & go in studio for your album now", I though: don't sell the chickens before they hatch. I was right.

Results:
Joshua save Christian: IMO a very wrong strategic choice... I like the guy, but in this competition I don't see him go far.
Public votes save Giusy (Hallelouia) & ... drumroll... Mathieu. You see Greg & Senso's face then... They did not expect that & I must say I was surprised. Like everyone I thought Loubiana would be high enough in public scores to be saved, we all were wrong.
It was painfull to see PJo & Michel, the 2d especially, expect the confirmation of what they already understood...
The candidate with lowest public votes score was Michel, eliminated. It's not surprising as many commented Joshua made a mistake choosing him in the battle. But sincerelly, tonight he did not deserve the hate.
PJo made a brave face, but he already saw it coming. It was clear the coaches would keep Loubiana (Greg said "it was not supposed to happen this way..." Senso adding "that proves the show is not rigged, OK?"). I think they expected to have to choose between PJo & Mathieu and they would heve kept PJo. But Loubiana might be the n°1 on Twitter & FB, it does not mean the people talking about her are voting! I have the feeling PJo & Michel 's elimination was unfair, especially for PJo. I'm sure he would have been a better card in their game than Christian on the long run. And I really took pity of Michel...

I forgot to alk about the guests stars. Maurane was her shinny, good hearted self. Rod Jannois & the girls of "1784" were good performers and look like nice persons.

Next week, it should be Christophe Willem & Tiziano Ferro. Quentin would sing with his team.

This post has been edited by SlenderFrame: Mar 7th 2012, 8:01 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SlenderFrame
post Mar 15th 2012, 7:22 AM
Post #20

Third Live episode, 2d one for Team BJ & Quentin

Team BJ
I was expeting much more from that team...
The only one I'm really surprised with is Renato. I have to laugh everytime he speaks because his accent is almost caricatural, but when he sings is really owns his thing.
Julie is a good singer and likeable, she misses the extra something that makes a star I think.
Megan made a nice performance, she is not dazzling me but she's beautiful and sings well, she seems to have fans.
Caroline seemed too young for me, I think she might turn into an interesting singer with maturity, but i can't understand why BJ kept her rather than Stephanie on Live 1.

Results:
BJ saved Renato (I'm OK with it even if I think he might have been saved by the public, i think Megan and him were probably n° 1 & 2 for that team in public votes). The public votes save Megan.
BJ has to choose between Julie an Caroline and no surprise this time, she picks Caroline.

Team Quentin
I was not as enthousiastic than the coaches about Leonie.
I liked Luc, who made a personnal and surprising version of Zombie.
Juliane was disapointing; I think she can sing much better, but her version of "Divine idylle" (Vanessa Paradis" was really pitchy. Looks like the song was not her 1st choice, maybe the coaches were asked to add more French songs in the program...
Roberto was sick and had sore throat, he still managed a good performance. I find him too smooth for my taste but he is very popular...

Results:
Quentin saves Léonie. Public votes save Roberto (he has a strong option on the finale as one of the most popular contestant of the show).
Quentin has to choose between Juliane & Luc. His assistant Tara McDonalds was for Luc (as a huge part of the studio audience), he obviously preferred Juliane. He took a long time (while Maureen kept reminding him that it was difficult for teh two contestant to wait) before finally deciding for Juliane. I personnally preferred Luc...

Both coaches performed with their 4 contestants. BJ Scott brought Woodstock in the studio with her version of "With a little help from my friends" while Quentin transformed it into a dance club with a meddley of his hits and other tracks (he's a DJ).

Guests artists wee Tiziano Ferro who naturally sang with Roberto & Renato (there are lots of italians in Belgium, especially in Liège) and Christophe Willem, who shared a remixed version of "Double Je" with Caroline & Léonie and performed his latest single.

Last week show was better, to me Joshua have the strongest team, and Lio the most surprising one. So I'm waiting for next week...

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 20th 2014, 9:16 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol