Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

770 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Official Thread For The Ladies!
xxStacieLynn
post Jun 19th 2009, 9:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Just thought I'd make a thread just for all the ladies to talk/support one another!
Whether it is about beauty/love/confidence/personal issues whatever! heart.gif
Spill it all here! w00twave.gif

My problem is not even jealousy when it comes to girls but I get such low confidence whenever I see the guy I like, flirting or liking another girl. crying.gif
AH, I know.. I shouldn't even be upset, but I do get upset & I find myself comparing myself to girls all the time. sad.gif
I'm getting A LOT better though & I am reminding myself everyday, to love all that I am, including my flaws. heart.gif

Advice/Suggestions? FEEL FREE TO POST. kiss.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 19th 2009, 9:54 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

TotalTayFan
post Jun 19th 2009, 10:47 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

Yay estrogen and two X chromosomes! Baha.

I totally do the same thing. I'm always comparing myself to girls that guys I like interact with, and I tend to get really paranoid, too, and worry that he likes her just because he's talking to her. It's totally ridiculous, I know, but I have like zero self-confidence when it comes to guys.

--------------------
IPB Image
AI8: MATT GIRAUD Thanks Raphy23 for the set! (Secrets Hurt Someone)
+Quote Post
xxStacieLynn
post Jun 19th 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(TotalTayFan @ Jun 19th 2009, 10:47 PM) *

I totally do the same thing. I'm always comparing myself to girls that guys I like interact with, and I tend to get really paranoid, too, and worry that he likes her just because he's talking to her. It's totally ridiculous, I know, but I have like zero self-confidence when it comes to guys.

lmao.gif heart.gif

Aw, yeah. That's how I always feel too. pinch.gif
& It's like, I know I'm not ugly but no matter what I find myself looking at other girls & seeing what they have that I don't. no.gif Gah, it's stupid & I really am trying to change that. heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Monkey07
post Jun 20th 2009, 12:24 AM
Post #4

Fav. TRS Junkie for life. <3 ya B!

QUOTE(TotalTayFan @ Jun 19th 2009, 9:47 PM) *

I do the same exact thing. I tend to over-think things especially when it comes to guys or a guy I like. I also get jealous too of people who are confident/have a really bubbly personality, mainly because I am shy and I strive for that so much it just feels like I fail constantly.

--------------------
monteith - avary - deschanel - sudol - wade - michele - aragon - foreman
+Quote Post
stellarstarlight
post Jun 20th 2009, 1:17 AM
Post #5

sweetest IDF grobie

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI9: Alex Lambert
Fav. One Direction is radtastic.

Oh I'm shy too. I have gotten better about it though. It kinda of makes it harder when the guy is also shy like you.

--------------------
I don't really watch American Idol anymore. I don't really post here much.
+Quote Post
Merenwen
post Jun 20th 2009, 2:19 AM
Post #6

Tre Cool is my hero

Fav. Band: Alice Nine

I used to be EXTREMELY shy when it came to guys. But I'm not anymore. Though if I did find a guy that I actually liked I'd be more nervous around him. Unfortunately I don't have that problem at the present time.

but my advise is just be yourself. If you make a fool out of yourself in front of him it's no big deal. Honestly why act like someone you're not around him? He won't get to know the REAL you. And to be honest I make an ass of myself everyday. I'm okay with it. I'm happy with myself original.gif

This post has been edited by Merenwen: Jun 20th 2009, 2:19 AM

--------------------
Daybreak 3/20/13
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stellarstarlight
post Jun 20th 2009, 4:54 AM
Post #7

sweetest IDF grobie

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI9: Alex Lambert
Fav. One Direction is radtastic.

Oh, I make a myself quite a fool often in front of this guy. I think he has caught on. I think he knows now. Honestly he should just tell if he likes me or not.

--------------------
I don't really watch American Idol anymore. I don't really post here much.
+Quote Post
saran4886
post Jun 20th 2009, 5:49 AM
Post #8

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. SYTYCD2: Benji Schwimmer

I have that same problem too. I have so little confidence in myself, I think I'll never actually get close to someone I really like. no.gif I'm sure someday I'll get past my insecurities and find someone who likes my flaws... as soon as I learn to love them. haha.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
NewYawkAJrFan
post Jun 20th 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #9

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI6: Blake & Jordin

I think every girl feels that way at one point or another.

QUOTE(Merenwen @ Jun 20th 2009, 3:19 AM) *

but my advise is just be yourself. If you make a fool out of yourself in front of him it's no big deal. Honestly why act like someone you're not around him? He won't get to know the REAL you. And to be honest I make an ass of myself everyday. I'm okay with it. I'm happy with myself original.gif

thumbsup.gif agreed!!

I'm pretty outgoing. I joke around a lot and Past 2 years I've def grown and have become more myself and confident in who i am and I don't usually get shy around guys. Sometimes I do if I'm attracted to them or something. But either I'm extremely smart or just very oblivious to the world (I'd go with option #2 on that) B/c even if i think i might like a guy or am attracted to him, I automatically assume he prob wont like me. Like, i never think when i meet guys that there's a possibility they'll start to like me, So I'm just very outgoing and totally myself from the beginning. So it's usually a surprise when i find out a guy likes me b/c i just never think a guy will. (if that makes sense)

--------------------
Hi, I'm Deb. :)

"There must be Borrowed Angels, here in this life.
They come along, into this world, and make this world bright.
But they can't stay forever, Cause they're heaven sent.
And sometimes, heaven needs them back again"

~Rest in Peace *T* 10/3/88-8/28/10~
+Quote Post
Monkey07
post Jun 20th 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #10

Fav. TRS Junkie for life. <3 ya B!

Yeah I think I've definitely gotten better with the shyness thing, and I do agree the best way about going about it is to be your self you don't want any problems with trusting each other if you "acted" a certain way and was being dishonest. It's a struggle but, I don't see myself dealing with that specifically with any guys that I may or may not like soon. So oh well... I just need to remind myself that it isn't as much as a big deal as I'm making it into.

--------------------
monteith - avary - deschanel - sudol - wade - michele - aragon - foreman
+Quote Post
AmberTamblynFan
post Jun 21st 2009, 9:33 AM
Post #11

Fav. AI10: Casey Abrams
Fav. Movie: The Breakfast Club

I'm super shy around guys too, haha.

Even if I'm talking to a guy that I don't like, I still get really nervous and think I'll say something dumb.

I'm really shy around people I don't know, and I just can't get the courage to talk to guys.

Me and my friends always say "what's the worst that could happen" and "you never know what will happen if you don't do anything." But it's still really hard, you know? blushing.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ringette04
post Jun 21st 2009, 9:46 AM
Post #12

^ It definitely is hard. sad.gif With time it will pass, though. You'll become comfortable enough to embarass yourself, say whatever you feel like, and the right guy will get to know that side of you. I used to be really shy around anyone I didn't know, and I heard my friends say things like that too. But you have to really understand what they're saying and experience it for yourself before you get used to it. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TotalTayFan
post Jun 21st 2009, 9:00 PM
Post #13

Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

QUOTE(Monkey07 @ Jun 20th 2009, 1:24 AM) *

I do the same exact thing. I tend to over-think things especially when it comes to guys or a guy I like. I also get jealous too of people who are confident/have a really bubbly personality, mainly because I am shy and I strive for that so much it just feels like I fail constantly.

Oh gosh, I get so jealous of people who are confident. I have like zero self-confidence, and no matter what I try, I just can't seem to have confidence. I do the positive self-talk, yadda yadda, but whenever I'm around people I don't know really well (both guys and girls) I feel like everything I say is completely idiotic, so I tend to just not say anything. If I could change anything about myself, that's totally what it would be.

And on a completely unrelated note, I love how three people who've posted in here (that I've noticed) have Evan in their siggy wub.gif Love him so much!

--------------------
IPB Image
AI8: MATT GIRAUD Thanks Raphy23 for the set! (Secrets Hurt Someone)
+Quote Post
saran4886
post Jun 22nd 2009, 8:35 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(TotalTayFan @ Jun 21st 2009, 10:00 PM) *

Oh gosh, I get so jealous of people who are confident. I have like zero self-confidence, and no matter what I try, I just can't seem to have confidence. I do the positive self-talk, yadda yadda, but whenever I'm around people I don't know really well (both guys and girls) I feel like everything I say is completely idiotic, so I tend to just not say anything. If I could change anything about myself, that's totally what it would be.

And on a completely unrelated note, I love how three people who've posted in here (that I've noticed) have Evan in their siggy wub.gif Love him so much!

I pretty much do the same thing and feel the same way... I just feel like I never have anything siginificant to contribute to conversations most of the time so I just don't bother. I know I should at least try, but it's so hard for me to break the habit I've had to deal with for so long. unsure.gif

Evan is awesome! heart.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Crazy4Connie
post Jun 25th 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #15

The cutest Big Mike fan on IDF

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Fav. AI9: Michael Lynche
Fav. AI3: John Stevens
Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus

Hey Stacie! Great idea for a thread! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Welcome to the jungle! We got fun and games!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Bren
post Jun 25th 2009, 1:26 PM
Post #16

Fav. Musical: Spring Awakening

I was once mega shy, but now I'm so outgoing. I'm really good at making things awkward and not caring either. And I've never had a problem talking to guys, even guys I have a thing for. I'm more awkward around girls if anything because they can be so judgmental and rude and cruel sad.gif

This post has been edited by Bren: Jun 25th 2009, 1:26 PM

--------------------
There is only us, only tonight.
We must let go, to know what's right.

No other course, no other way.

No day but today.
+Quote Post
candystriper
post Jun 26th 2009, 6:04 PM
Post #17

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI8: Kradam

bye1.gif heart.gif I'm Miranda.

QUOTE(xxStacieLynn @ Jun 19th 2009, 7:54 PM) *

My problem is not even jealousy when it comes to girls but I get such low confidence whenever I see the guy I like, flirting or liking another girl. crying.gif
AH, I know.. I shouldn't even be upset, but I do get upset & I find myself comparing myself to girls all the time. sad.gif
I'm getting A LOT better though & I am reminding myself everyday, to love all that I am, including my flaws. heart.gif

UGH, I'm the exact same way! Except I get kinda jealous, not just a feeling of major low confidence. And it's not just when the guy I like is flirting/liking, but just plain out talking to other girls. HAHA, suuuper lame I know! I hate it. And I'm not even over him, eeeeshh.

& That's great that you're growing to embrace everything about yourself though. I'm learning to do that too. huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
AmberTamblynFan
post Jun 28th 2009, 9:51 AM
Post #18

Fav. AI10: Casey Abrams
Fav. Movie: The Breakfast Club

QUOTE(ringette04 @ Jun 21st 2009, 9:46 AM) *

^ It definitely is hard. sad.gif With time it will pass, though. You'll become comfortable enough to embarass yourself, say whatever you feel like, and the right guy will get to know that side of you. I used to be really shy around anyone I didn't know, and I heard my friends say things like that too. But you have to really understand what they're saying and experience it for yourself before you get used to it. happy.gif

Thank you heart.gif

I guess I just have to put myself out there, haha.

Who knows, maybe when I go back to school I'll find my way and sit next to a guy laughing.gif

I'm Paige, everyone bye1.gif

This post has been edited by AmberTamblynFan: Jun 28th 2009, 9:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
--erikaa
post Jun 28th 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #19

Fav. Idol:David Cook

QUOTE(TotalTayFan @ Jun 21st 2009, 10:00 PM) *

QUOTE(saran4886 @ Jun 22nd 2009, 9:35 AM) *

I pretty much do the same thing and feel the same way... I just feel like I never have anything siginificant to contribute to conversations most of the time so I just don't bother. I know I should at least try, but it's so hard for me to break the habit I've had to deal with for so long. unsure.gif
Evan is awesome! heart.gif

I'm the exact same way. pinch.gif

Like with me, I can talk to people on facebook chat and be completely fine and confident, but face to face, I'm extremely shy. pinch.gif I've talked to the guy I like for HOURS on facebook chat, and then when one of us has to go, he'd say "I'll see you tomorrow at school!" so I'd try to prepare myself to have to talk to him in person (I'm such a dork laughing.gif ) and then when he says hi to me at school I can't even open my mouth because I freak out and try not to embarrass myself. ughhh I wish I had confidence! I'm so jealous of girls who can just walk right up to guys and start talking to them.

p.s. this thread is such a good idea!

This post has been edited by --erikaa: Jun 28th 2009, 12:49 PM

--------------------
Sig:Leesh, Av:Allison.|| Mason. McHale. Salling. Goodwin. Wall.Karr. Moir. Virtue. Gordon-Levitt. Tidwell.
IPB Image
RIP. Ashley. 23.10.1988-23.02.2011. I miss you.
+Quote Post
saran4886
post Jun 28th 2009, 1:32 PM
Post #20

^It is a good idea! grin.gif

I'm a lot more confident online too. Then, when I actually have to speak I either mumble or don't speak at all... and it's weird, because I want to talk, but I can't seem to find the courage to actually send the words out of my mouth. ermm.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post

770 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 12:52 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol