Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Driver's Ed" on Sirius satellite radio (and internet radio), Live performances and album cuts
differentlife
post Dec 9th 2008, 1:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

http://www.sirius.com/thehighway

Sirius has a program called "Driver's Ed" for new artists. Last week (12/1-7) was the first broadcasts. And, yes, I was crying.gif that we missed them. Fortunately, they're rebroadcasting Christmas week! Based on Sirius' song logs, she performed Not Tonight and Why Wait live, and they played Like My Mother Does and 15 Minutes of Shame from the album.

So if you have Sirius satellite radio, tune in! They have an offer for a free 3-day trial of their online radio. Hopefully, that offer is still good in 2 weeks. I'm going to check that out on Tuesday 12/23.

(I really wish her label or publicist had put up a note that she recorded Driver's Ed and to keep a look out for it. That way, we could have done some internet sniffing and find it before it was first broadcast instead of after! We don't need dates. Very vague information is all we need to find it. thumbsup.gif grin.gif)

Driver's Ed - Kristy Lee Cook
Tues 12/23 3:00 pm ET
Get to know American Idol finalist Kristy Lee Cook as she enrolls in Driver's Ed, where you meet the "Rookie Drivers" cruising The Highway! Listen in as Kristy shares her story with host Amy Paige, and performs live in our Nashville studio!

Rebroadcast: Thurs., Dec. 25th @ 9 am ET; Sun., Dec. 28th @ 12 pm ET.

A description of Driver's Ed from Sept. 2007
Those of you who listen to XM's Highway 16 know that artists on their first single are called "Rookie Drivers." And those who make it to having an album come out get to go through a little show we call "Driver's Ed." Cool little show, 2 songs performed live, 2 from the CD, sort of a "get to know you" session. Past graduates of Driver's Ed include Sugarland, Little Big Town, Jason Aldean, and Taylor Swift.

http://producerj.blogspot.com/2007/09/rook...ver-alerts.html

PS Looks like the official boards are being rolled up soon.

This post has been edited by differentlife: Dec 9th 2008, 1:26 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 9th 2008, 1:23 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Liat275
post Dec 14th 2008, 12:13 AM
Post #2

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. Band: RBD

thanks. i hope someone will record it (: i really want to hear the live versions (:

--------------------
+Quote Post
differentlife
post Dec 23rd 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #3

BUMP!

Just a reminder the first one is Tuesday. Sirius has a free 3-day trial for the online stream. All you need is an e-mail address! (The highest quality requires a paid subscription.)

Channel 60, The Highway

--------------------
+Quote Post
differentlife
post Jan 9th 2009, 12:29 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(Liat275 @ Dec 13th 2008, 9:13 PM) *

thanks. i hope someone will record it (: i really want to hear the live versions (:

original.gif

These were acoustic performances but in-studio so they're sweeter than your average radio tour acoustic performance. Love Why Wait! The guitarist is real good. Sounds like 2 guitars at times. Actually, maybe it is. laughing.gif Unfortunately, there's a little problem with the sound at one point. sad.gif

I made a bunch of different cuts of Why Wait and Not Tonight and put them into 2 zip files. The DJ talked over the beginning and end a little.

Have a listen and choose the cuts you like best!

Zip #1, edited with fades, volume boosted and reencoded to mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/?32t4clrtxwt

Zip #2, not reencoded. ASF files (Windows Media file format)
http://www.mediafire.com/?gqyzoynryne
(Due to limitations of the ASF files, the cut points aren't precisely placed)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Liat275
post Jan 12th 2009, 2:19 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. Band: RBD

awwwwwww thank you! downloading the first one^

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 21st 2014, 2:17 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol