Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

25 Pages V « < 23 24 25   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tracking "The Vision of Love" Radioplay
RinaM
post Jun 20th 2012, 6:41 AM
Post #481

Group: Members

HAC:
29 33 KRIS ALLEN The Vision Of Love 547 542 5 1.417
-1 Spin
+4 Bullet
+0 AI

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 20th 2012, 6:41 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Turtle_rulezBO
post Jun 20th 2012, 8:43 AM
Post #482

QUOTE(RinaM @ Jun 20th 2012, 7:41 PM) *

HAC:
29 33 KRIS ALLEN The Vision Of Love 547 542 5 1.417
-1 Spin
+4 Bullet
+0 AI

no.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jun 20th 2012, 3:53 PM
Post #483

First the itunes top 1000 link is not working anymore unless I heard you use an ipad, then the HAC and CHR top 50 on Mediabase can't be accessed since last week, now the addsboard is suddenly password protected, I wonder whats next? Maybe the TPTB is all fed up with these fan wars. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
yasmina712
post Jun 21st 2012, 6:00 AM
Post #484

Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

I went to all access today , TVOL got negative upadate so i think it is officially done ,i wish it peaked beyond 29 but it is what it is ,i hope RCA don't release another single just to stastify the fans ,if they are not willing to promote ,save your and our time .

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jun 21st 2012, 6:03 AM
Post #485

HAC:
30 33 KRIS ALLEN The Vision Of Love 540 554 -14 1.421
-7 Spin
-19 Bullet
+.004 AI

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jun 22nd 2012, 6:05 AM
Post #486

HAC:
30 33 KRIS ALLEN The Vision Of Love 543 556 -13 1.404
+3 Spin
+1 Bullet
-.017 AI

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jun 23rd 2012, 5:50 AM
Post #487

HAC:
31 33 KRIS ALLEN The Vision Of Love 530 562 -32 1.404
-13 Spin
-19 Bullet
+.0 AI

Unless a miracle happens this song is likely done.
This is the first time that the low spins of the prior week was breached. Week 1 is HAC adds date of March 19.

Week Low High

1 41 95
2 107 129
3 131 176
4 175 204
5 209 218
6 220 262
7 275 297
8 290 298
9 312 348
10 362 448
11 453 507
12 527 539
13 533 562
14 530 559 <==== Peak ???

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jun 24th 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #488

+8 spins today compared to yesterday.

I'll post a complete update when we get a new high above 562. The fact that it has only 1 adds for the past 3 weeks is not helping its case.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jun 29th 2012, 2:52 PM
Post #489

Interestingly enough, Cook's TLG also peaked at #29 on HAC on July 9. His 2nd single FIM had an adds date of Oct. 10 in conjunction with the start of his fall tour. I hope they don't wait that long to announce the 2nd single. The longer they wait the more fans become listless and indifferent.

My biggest regret is we didn't get to see the potential of TVOL to chart on CHR format. If Interscope has the foresight to get a CHR adds date for P2's "Home" which I would classify as anything but Pop, why could'nt RCA push TVOL to CHR early on. I thought the positive reaction from CHR exec's during Jive's listening session last summer for TVOL meant something.

Many of Kelly Clarckson's recent singles have charted on the Billboard Dance/Club Play Songs, why didn't RCA send the TVOL remix to dance clubs or to rhythmic stations. I thought they were on to something with they commissioned the remix but that was just lost opportunity.

--------------------
+Quote Post
yasmina712
post Jul 2nd 2012, 5:08 AM
Post #490

QUOTE(RinaM @ Jun 30th 2012, 12:52 AM) *

Interestingly enough, Cook's TLG also peaked at #29 on HAC on July 9. His 2nd single FIM had an adds date of Oct. 10 in conjunction with the start of his fall tour. I hope they don't wait that long to announce the 2nd single. The longer they wait the more fans become listless and indifferent.

My biggest regret is we didn't get to see the potential of TVOL to chart on CHR format. If Interscope has the foresight to get a CHR adds date for P2's "Home" which I would classify as anything but Pop, why could'nt RCA push TVOL to CHR early on. I thought the positive reaction from CHR exec's during Jive's listening session last summer for TVOL meant something.

Many of Kelly Clarckson's recent singles have charted on the Billboard Dance/Club Play Songs, why didn't RCA send the TVOL remix to dance clubs or to rhythmic stations. I thought they were on to something with they commissioned the remix but that was just lost opportunity.

Don't count on anything from RCA ,i think it makes no difference if they release another single or not ,if they didn't promote TVOL ,how can we expect them to promote the new single ,i think Kris won't be with RCA ,they don't care for him .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Cohoes
post Jul 2nd 2012, 3:30 PM
Post #491

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI3: Jennifer Hudson
Fav. 8/Kris Allen 12/Candice Glover

I have just never been one to blame record labels or radio stations. I don't really blame any entity within the music industry. The music industry is a multi-billion dollar business and record labels and radio stations run their enterprises according to what is good for business and that is NOT meant to be a slam. They have to because they are businesses.

Who knows why Kris's song wasn't pushed to CHR. The execs for CHR may have felt that it needed to be successful on HAC first. An artist's potential for airplay is driven by their success, buzz and their public perception. The box that public perception has put Kris in, is not doing him any favors. This box says he's not relevant, not politically correct, boring, has vote cheating homophobic fans, a WGWG, no edge, shouldn't have won American Idol, just a ballad singer, didn't RCA drop him?...has done more damage than anything. You think this is behind him? Unfortunately the damage has already been done and he is still suffering for it. It slowed down his momentum substantially coming off of American Idol. How an idol is perceived affects the amount of momentum they have coming off of that show and it is everything. The public perception that an idol has coming off the show is what sticks and it doesn't go away unless they can somehow reinvent themselves. Reinvention is difficult to do.

It seems like everything went south when his album dropped off the BB200. Right after that his record started stalling. What is interesting is the very same thing happened to Haley. She was fine until her album suddenly dropped from 90 something to 175 and then the next week her album dropped off the billboard. Right about that time her single started to stall and then it was loosing spins.

I love Kris's music. I think his album is exceptional. It just pains me to see all of this play out. It's extremely unfair to this talented musician, who taught himself to play a guitar at age 13 and is a brilliant. singer, instrumentalist and writer. It's hard to say if a second single can be successful, but it is certainly worth a shot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jul 2nd 2012, 5:21 PM
Post #492

Does anyone else remember that Kris sold more than 1.7M units of LLWD? So despite the supposedly less than positive perception within the Idol bubble, he can be marketable given the right kind of product and marketing ploy. I applaud Jive for deftly pushing LLWD to radio but Jive is also partly to blame for choosing TT as his 2nd single. I remember someone posted that this singular act would have major repercussions on Kris' career and he was right since not only did this ill conceived decision ended KATA's era but it also affected TVOL getting an advantage or a headstart on radioplay. This is true for all artists who last single struggled on radio. And this is the part where I think RCA and his mgmt. took the wrong approach into marketing him for his 2nd era. I've said this before that he should have been treated like a newbie. He was out of the limelight for a long period of time w/o any meaningfull presence on radio and what did they do. They booked him to countless interviews that were geared to his hardcode fanbase where it reached to a point when it became annoying with Kris answering the same questions again and again. This is fine as long as the audience is varied but they were preaching to the same choir. There was no concerted focus on getting Kris exposed to a national scale.

--------------------
+Quote Post
yasmina712
post Jul 2nd 2012, 7:02 PM
Post #493

QUOTE(Cohoes @ Jul 3rd 2012, 1:30 AM) *

I have just never been one to blame record labels or radio stations. I don't really blame any entity within the music industry. The music industry is a multi-billion dollar business and record labels and radio stations run their enterprises according to what is good for business and that is NOT meant to be a slam. They have to because they are businesses.

Who knows why Kris's song wasn't pushed to CHR. The execs for CHR may have felt that it needed to be successful on HAC first. An artist's potential for airplay is driven by their success, buzz and their public perception. The box that public perception has put Kris in, is not doing him any favors. This box says he's not relevant, not politically correct, boring, has vote cheating homophobic fans, a WGWG, no edge, shouldn't have won American Idol, just a ballad singer, didn't RCA drop him?...has done more damage than anything. You think this is behind him? Unfortunately the damage has already been done and he is still suffering for it. It slowed down his momentum substantially coming off of American Idol. How an idol is perceived affects the amount of momentum they have coming off of that show and it is everything. The public perception that an idol has coming off the show is what sticks and it doesn't go away unless they can somehow reinvent themselves. Reinvention is difficult to do.

It seems like everything went south when his album dropped off the BB200. Right after that his record started stalling. What is interesting is the very same thing happened to Haley. She was fine until her album suddenly dropped from 90 something to 175 and then the next week her album dropped off the billboard. Right about that time her single started to stall and then it was loosing spins.

I love Kris's music. I think his album is exceptional. It just pains me to see all of this play out. It's extremely unfair to this talented musician, who taught himself to play a guitar at age 13 and is a brilliant. singer, instrumentalist and writer. It's hard to say if a second single can be successful, but it is certainly worth a shot.

I think in order to reinvent himself ,he have to change management ,he need to be marketed differentely ,his label will change anyway so it will be better if he leave 19 ,i really hope he can be successful so that he can continue to make music ,he is brilliant as you wrote .

--------------------
+Quote Post
revontulet
post Jul 3rd 2012, 5:18 PM
Post #494

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

I agree with you, yasmina. I think Kris' biggest problem right now is his label. They don't promote him the way the should have, which is a shame because he truly is an amazing artist. I still think that even though he might be dropped by RCA, he will be signned to another label, a label that would leave behind all the American Idol charade and promote him the way he deserves to be promoted.
Sometimes I think that it would have been better if he wouldn't have won AI because his winning didn't really help his career

This post has been edited by revontulet: Jul 3rd 2012, 5:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

25 Pages V « < 23 24 25
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 16th 2014, 2:35 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol