Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kelly Clarkson - A republican, Supporting Ron Paul as Republican candidate
katharinekatkat
post Dec 29th 2011, 1:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

How do you guys feel about this?

I'm so disappointed she is supporting Ron Paul...and I'm disappointed she's a republican. crying.gif I try to forget she's a redneck at heart, but I guess she truly is one of those stereotypical "southerners". ermm.gif

I know this shouldn't affect my love for her music, but I can't help but let this bother me for some reason. wacko.gif

She posted this on her facebook page after being scolded by her fans for supporting a racist homophobic candidate (Ron Paul). tongue.gif haha.gif

I am really sorry if I have offended anyone. Obviously that was not my intent. I do not support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women's rights, men's rights, white/black/purple/orange rights. I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country. That is all. Out of all of the Republican nominees, he's my favorite.

*** The awkward moment when I realize she isn't one of those "stereotypical" southerners. blushing.gif haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 29th 2011, 1:30 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Dianafanz
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:18 AM
Post #2

Fav. AI4: Jessica Sierra
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Movie: How 2 Train Your Dragon

Doesn't matter to me really. I doubt she has time to spend really paying attention to politics.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
*~MarMar~*
post Dec 29th 2011, 7:47 AM
Post #3

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. live act: Green Day

It bothers me that so many people are completely ignorant of Ron Paul's race baiting and women's rights records. One or two decent-sounding platforms do not overshadow his history of outright hate. I could go on and on about my issues with libertarianism, but that's for another forum tongue.gif

This post has been edited by *~MarMar~*: Dec 29th 2011, 7:48 AM

--------------------
[Version: SNL 2004] Last.fm Tumblr Tweet treats!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Dec 29th 2011, 9:00 AM
Post #4

She hangs around those Country stars, and they are almost all republicans so it does not surprise me that much, although it is disappointing. Plus, she lives in and is from Texas, she has probably always been one. It's a shame she makes such a flippant comment about orange/purple rights to take any bite out of her comments. I wonder if she is for gay marriage. I find her comments disappointing, especially defending Ron Paul.

This post has been edited by smilefountain: Dec 29th 2011, 9:02 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
sneaky
post Dec 29th 2011, 9:23 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Dec 29th 2011, 9:00 AM) *

She hangs around those Country stars, and they are almost all republicans so it does not surprise me that much, although it is disappointing. Plus, she lives in and is from Texas, she has probably always been one. It's a shame she makes such a flippant comment about orange/purple rights to take any bite out of her comments. I wonder if she is for gay marriage. I find her comments disappointing, especially defending Ron Paul.

I think all presidents save Carter and Lincoln were spineless pieces of crap so I don't know much about Paul. As for her stance on gay marrige, in one interview she said the phrase "just because I'm single doesn't mean I'm gay, that is highly offensive to gay people. To me, I infer from that she is not for gay marriage because she is referring to gay people as "single". I don't really care even though I am gay because I'm positive she's not one of the bible thumping types that talks about homosexuals being damned to hell. I mean she agreed to tour with clay aiken-who is as obviously gay as it gets.

I think all presidents save Carter and Lincoln were spineless pieces of crap so I don't know much about Paul. As for her stance on gay marrige, in one interview she said the phrase "just because I'm single doesn't mean I'm gay, that is highly offensive to gay people. To me, I infer from that she is not for gay marriage because she is referring to gay people as "single". I don't really care even though I am gay because I'm positive she's not one of the bible thumping types that talks about homosexuals being damned to hell. I mean she agreed to tour with clay aiken-who is as obviously gay as it gets.

--------------------
+Quote Post
grammamia
post Dec 29th 2011, 9:25 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. CI5: Jaydee Bixby

Although I am not an American, I have supported Dr. Ron Paul since 2007. I believe he has a clear understanding of the economic mess the world is facing, and is the only one willing to address the corruption.

Dr. Paul would stop unnecessary Wars..Wars not declared by your congress by the way, and overturn the dangerous path that is destorying your Freedom! Do you know that as of now YOU could be detained without counsel or trial indefinately ?

Dr. Paul believes in your constitution and the self government allowed by the States.

Ron Paul is for equality for ALL. He believes that anyone has the right to marry whomever they want, and that no one whould come between a woman and her Dr.

He has been endlessly slandered, blacked out by the media and faced the medias spin. Because he is gaining in the polls these smears will increase.

Ron Paul is not a racist!

To understand more:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay....l-on-the-Issues

Peace

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. -Thomas Jefferson

"Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt. Mohandas Gandhi
+Quote Post
Treefroggiefreak
post Dec 29th 2011, 10:06 AM
Post #7

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

QUOTE(sneaky @ Dec 29th 2011, 9:23 AM) *

.......................................................You seriously stretched that hard to misinterpret that. How does her saying "Just because I'm single doesn't mean I'm gay" equate to her referring to gay people as single. huh.gif CLEARLY what she meant (and you'd know this if you paid any attention to her song "You Can't Win" or basically her career with the media) that people have questioned whether or not Kelly is a lesbian just because she wasn't dating anyone...which naturally would get the response that just because she is single doesn't mean she's gay. huh.gif

Kelly may support Ron Paul, but, as she's said, it doesn't mean that she's anti-gay, racist, or anything. You will be hard pressed to find a candidate to support that you 100% agree with everything they stand for. It's virtually impossible. Just because she supports him doesn't mean she stands for everything that he stands for.

Kelly has shown numerous times how she supports the gay community and even has said in interviews before that the gay community has shown to be some of her most supportive and best fans and how she adores them.

--------------------
IPB Image
Kristen O'Connor || Majesty York || Jillian Jensen || Sam Woolf || Alex Preston || George Lovett Hamilton
+Quote Post
sneaky
post Dec 29th 2011, 10:32 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(Treefroggiefreak @ Dec 29th 2011, 10:06 AM) *

.......................................................You seriously stretched that hard to misinterpret that. How does her saying "Just because I'm single doesn't mean I'm gay" equate to her referring to gay people as single. huh.gif CLEARLY what she meant (and you'd know this if you paid any attention to her song "You Can't Win" or basically her career with the media) that people have questioned whether or not Kelly is a lesbian just because she wasn't dating anyone...which naturally would get the response that just because she is single doesn't mean she's gay. huh.gif

Kelly may support Ron Paul, but, as she's said, it doesn't mean that she's anti-gay, racist, or anything. You will be hard pressed to find a candidate to support that you 100% agree with everything they stand for. It's virtually impossible. Just because she supports him doesn't mean she stands for everything that he stands for.

Kelly has shown numerous times how she supports the gay community and even has said in interviews before that the gay community has shown to be some of her most supportive and best fans and how she adores them.

Um... I never said she was anti-gay. I may be wrong in how i took her comment but I never said she was against gays. Not being for gay marriage and saying gays bad and immoral are two totally different things.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Treefroggiefreak
post Dec 29th 2011, 10:43 AM
Post #9

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

QUOTE(sneaky @ Dec 29th 2011, 10:32 AM) *

Um... I never said she was anti-gay. I may be wrong in how i took her comment but I never said she was against gays. Not being for gay marriage and saying gays bad and immoral are two totally different things.

The first part was the part mostly direct at you saying that her comment was referring to gay people as single and that was offensive when she clearly wasn't saying that at all.

The rest was just a general statement built off of your statement in relation to the topic.

--------------------
IPB Image
Kristen O'Connor || Majesty York || Jillian Jensen || Sam Woolf || Alex Preston || George Lovett Hamilton
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Dec 29th 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #10

I really couldn't care less whether she is Republican, Democrat, whatever. She's free to believe in whatever she wants and support whoever she wants. People get too wound up with political stuff.

That said from a PR standpoint she shouldn't have brought up politics, thats a good way to turn people against you. Also a prime example of how twitter can get you in hot water, once you tweet it you can't take it back.

--------------------
IPB Image
TV6: Christina Grimmie|Tess Boyer|Audra McLaughlin|Bria Kelly|AI13: Jena Irene|Jess Meuse|
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Dec 29th 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #11

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(*~MarMar~* @ Dec 29th 2011, 7:47 AM) *

It bothers me that so many people are completely ignorant of Ron Paul's race baiting and women's rights records. One or two decent-sounding platforms do not overshadow his history of outright hate. I could go on and on about my issues with libertarianism, but that's for another forum tongue.gif

Wait, are you saying you think Ron Paul is bad or good? huh.gif unsure.gif

What do you mean by "flippant comment about orange/purple rights" ??? unsure.gif Are you saying it's bad that she said that?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Dec 29th 2011, 1:08 PM
Post #12

OMG, this is now the major headline on the Druge Report- NOOOOO!!!!

IPB Image

This post has been edited by smilefountain: Dec 29th 2011, 1:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Dec 29th 2011, 1:44 PM
Post #13

fear2.gif pinch.gif

The media is gonna run with this. no.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
TV6: Christina Grimmie|Tess Boyer|Audra McLaughlin|Bria Kelly|AI13: Jena Irene|Jess Meuse|
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:19 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

Ugh....this is ridiculous. I'm not even going to lie...I don't keep up with politics and I don't know anything about this Ron Paul guy. And if any of the info about him was given in this thread, I still don't know because I didn't want to waste my time reading it.

It's called personal beliefs guys...that means that everyone has their own, and it is what they believe, not what is RIGHT. That also means that you are not allowed to hate someone or tell someone that they are wrong if they believe differently because all beliefs are are opinions. That goes for politics, religion, and even things as small as music taste. That's one of the things I hate about this world. There are people who think that they have the right to push their beliefs on others and if it doesn't work out for them, then they hate that person or they "worry" about that person. They can say it's for the good of others all that they want, but it's not helping anyone.

I know many people like this and I know it sounds off topic, but it's the same effect of what's going on here. I'm sure that there are many Ron Paul supporters out there and Kelly is only getting backlash because the world (not just the industry) feeds on drama and tabloid type stuff. rolleyes.gif It's 100% ridiculous and I am so over it. Kelly gets headlines over the stupidest things. She expresses a personal belief, people act like she murdered someone. She puts on weight? People act like she's gonna die an early death and is morbidly obese. These are NORMAL PEOPLE problems and they attack her for them. People need to look at themselves before they attack her because she is normal just like everyone else.

I respect Michelle Branch. She posted on her twitter supporting Kelly and agreeing. She just doesn't have backlash because she's not in the public eye right now. And people who are disappointed that Kelly is republican need to chill out too because she said she voted democrat before, so clearly she is pretty liberal.

Basically I'm saying, if she's losing fans over this then I don't know what the world is coming to. Excuse her for having a belief that's different from other people. They are not almighty and it's not a sin to believe something different. blarg.gif It makes me sick how much backlash she's getting and if it affects her career, I'll be legitimately pissed. Especially if it escalates to a Dixie Chicks scale (they are the most significant political issue I can think of in music right now). It's beyond ridiculous.

And quite honestly, I was a little annoyed to see a thread about it here. Don't fuel the fire guys...

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
carkey188
post Dec 29th 2011, 3:51 PM
Post #15

Fav. SYTYCD 8: Marko Germar

I can't say this hasn't changed how I see her. Not her being a republican - but her support of Ron Paul and the way she responded last night to tweets.

talking about the rights of non-existently coloured people irks me so badly.

It's too bad - she clearly hadn't actually researched Ron Paul before declaring her 'love' for him then asking questions about how he was racist. Hopefully this will be a lesson to her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Dec 29th 2011, 4:08 PM
Post #16

Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

QUOTE(carkey188 @ Dec 29th 2011, 3:51 PM) *

I can't say this hasn't changed how I see her. Not her being a republican - but her support of Ron Paul and the way she responded last night to tweets.

talking about the rights of non-existently coloured people irks me so badly.

It's too bad - she clearly hadn't actually researched Ron Paul before declaring her 'love' for him then asking questions about how he was racist. Hopefully this will be a lesson to her.

Talking about the rights of non-existently colored people was her way of saying that she doesn't discriminate against anyone. If there were those colors, she would still embrace them. It's done quite often and it's not offensive. It's just a way to prove the point that they are open to everyone.

It's really sad to me that people will take the things she says with no intention of offense, and spin it so that they can be offended by it. Same happened with "Don't Be A Girl About It", same happened here, and I'm quite sure it'll happen again in the future blarg.gif Maybe Kelly should just be one of those "robots" and stick to not voicing opinions.

"You Can't Win" says it best. "If you speak, you'll only piss em off. If you don't, you're another robot."

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Dec 29th 2011, 4:17 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Dec 29th 2011, 4:08 PM) *

Talking about the rights of non-existently colored people was her way of saying that she doesn't discriminate against anyone. If there were those colors, she would still embrace them. It's done quite often and it's not offensive. It's just a way to prove the point that they are open to everyone.

It's really sad to me that people will take the things she says with no intention of offense, and spin it so that they can be offended by it. Same happened with "Don't Be A Girl About It", same happened here, and I'm quite sure it'll happen again in the future blarg.gif Maybe Kelly should just be one of those "robots" and stick to not voicing opinions.

"You Can't Win" says it best. "If you speak, you'll only piss em off. If you don't, you're another robot."

Yep very true "You Can't Win". closedeyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
scooter
post Dec 29th 2011, 4:36 PM
Post #18

Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh
Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. Danny Gokey

I am so disappointed in her also. Ron Paul is a racist and everything everyone has said about him. I am disappointed also that Kelly is against the death penalty. She can not get off lightly by saying she is a Texan. I was born and raised the first 22 years of my life in Dallas, Texas and not everyone felt that way. How can she say she is against the death penality when one of the most grusome murderers in Texas was finally executed. The crime was in 1998, Kelly was alive and a man was tied to a car and dragged to his death. One white Supremacist was executed and the other is still in prison. Thank God Kelly was not on that jury. I still love Kelly's voice. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44613428/ns/...texas-dragging/

--------------------
+Quote Post
clarksonnumber1
post Dec 29th 2011, 6:08 PM
Post #19

All I see are claims made in his newsletter about race. What are direct quotes from Paul himself that indicates he's a racist?
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/democrats-ra...tory?id=9777742
The Democrats raked in record donations from corporations. They claim to be for the people, but this would indicate otherwise. Should we have an issue with those who vote Democrat? Personally I'm voting Green Party, but find many of the comments made to be absurd. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes and I think most Americans would prefer to keep it that way.

--------------------
+Quote Post
grammamia
post Dec 29th 2011, 6:23 PM
Post #20

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. CI5: Jaydee Bixby

QUOTE(clarksonnumber1 @ Dec 29th 2011, 6:08 PM) *

All I see are claims made in his newsletter about race. What are direct quotes from Paul himself that indicates he's a racist?
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/democrats-ra...tory?id=9777742
The Democrats raked in record donations from corporations. They claim to be for the people, but this would indicate otherwise. Should we have an issue with those who vote Democrat? Personally I'm voting Green Party, but find many of the comments made to be absurd. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes and I think most Americans would prefer to keep it that way.

Kelly stated she supported Ron Paul in 2008. The newsletters were written more than 20 years ago when Dr, Paul was still practicing medicine.

He has stated repeatedly over many years that he has written SOME articles that appeared in the newsletters but NOT those with racist views.

Because he was the publisher he takes responsibilty..which makes him above OTHER mainstream publications and news outlets that are blatantly lieing about Dr. Paul..

Kelly is a great artist, beautifull woman and has the brains to see beyond the media bias!

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. -Thomas Jefferson

"Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt. Mohandas Gandhi
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 12:33 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol