Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4755 Pages V « < 4753 4754 4755   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> >>In a Claymate's/Clay fan's mind<<, post your random thoughts here
*~MarMar~*
post Jan 1st 2014, 10:35 PM
Post #95081

Group: Members

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. live act: Green Day

That's rough, Lynn, I'm so sorry. huggy.gif

(On a happier note, thank you for my card! I was lazy/Scroogy and didn't send them out this year, but it was much appreciated! smile.gif

--------------------
[Version: SNL 2004] Last.fm Tumblr Tweet treats!
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 1st 2014, 10:35 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

vintage rose
post Jan 4th 2014, 5:03 PM
Post #95082

Well, I'm your Vitavigavegivat Girl!
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

QUOTE(*~MarMar~* @ Jan 1st 2014, 9:35 PM) *

That's rough, Lynn, I'm so sorry. huggy.gif
(On a happier note, thank you for my card! I was lazy/Scroogy and didn't send them out this year, but it was much appreciated! smile.gif

Thanks, Mar. huggy.gif We buried her yesterday afternoon. crying.gif Still hard to grasp the fact that she's gone. brokenheart.gif

I'm glad you got it & liked it. I had fun designing it. original.gif

We ended up w/ mom-in-law's adorable teacup chihuahua after m-i-l died. She's adjusting pretty well here. She actually slept in bed (under the covers last night). happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
*~MarMar~*
post Jan 5th 2014, 6:20 AM
Post #95083

My best friend's dad had a major heart attack last week and died tonight. I just feel so bad for her family. He was about five months away from retirement (teacher) and has developed a kind of MS (I don't think MS was the official diagnosis, but symptoms similar to it) and the steroids he took to stop the flareups did major damage to his heart. My friend got a job in Nashville two months ago and now she has to stay in Toledo (has already for a week since he had the heart attack) and I'm concerned they won't be sympathetic about it. That would just be icing on the cake. I think I mentioned this earlier when another grade school friend's mom died in June, but I hate that I'm now at the age where it's normal (although still premature) for our parents to die. sad.gif

And it's gonna be a blizzard/-30 degrees, so idek how they're gonna plan a funeral/get people to come this week. And the actual burial will probably be Thursday, when I work (I really can't skip again, since I didn't go this week because of the weather). Just crap all around.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
vintage rose
post Jan 6th 2014, 11:35 AM
Post #95084

Group Icon

QUOTE(*~MarMar~* @ Jan 5th 2014, 5:20 AM) *

My best friend's dad had a major heart attack last week and died tonight. I just feel so bad for her family. He was about five months away from retirement (teacher) and has developed a kind of MS (I don't think MS was the official diagnosis, but symptoms similar to it) and the steroids he took to stop the flareups did major damage to his heart. My friend got a job in Nashville two months ago and now she has to stay in Toledo (has already for a week since he had the heart attack) and I'm concerned they won't be sympathetic about it. That would just be icing on the cake. I think I mentioned this earlier when another grade school friend's mom died in June, but I hate that I'm now at the age where it's normal (although still premature) for our parents to die. sad.gif

And it's gonna be a blizzard/-30 degrees, so idek how they're gonna plan a funeral/get people to come this week. And the actual burial will probably be Thursday, when I work (I really can't skip again, since I didn't go this week because of the weather). Just crap all around.

Oh my! crying.gif That's what my mother-in-law died from. I hate it too. A week before my mother-in-law died, hubby & I did a Skype chat w/ my parents & dad showed me that he got a program to work on his will. That put a very un-easy feeling in my stomach just thinking about him dying. crying.gif He's going to be 65 this April, so yeah it could happen, but I still don't like thinking about it happening!

Yuck! We have 5 degrees (Fahrenheit) here & real feel is -23. We were supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow yesterday but it never came. The day we buried m-i-l it was 30 degrees & SUPER windy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
*~MarMar~*
post Jan 9th 2014, 12:20 AM
Post #95085

I mentioned this on FB but I heard "When You Say You Love Me" at a sports bar tonight, and I was so confused haha.gif I heard the music start and I was like, no, it can't be, that doesn't make any sense ... and it was. The rest of the mix was like, '70s and '80s rock with some newer stuff mixed in, but nothing that sounded like WYSYLM! And it's not like that was ever a single! I'm still confused, although it was nice to hear him again. I haven't heard him outside of my iTunes/iPod/car in years.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
*~MarMar~*
post Feb 5th 2014, 7:45 AM
Post #95086

Seriously, if you told me 11 years ago that my coming to my senses in the middle of AI2 and realizing that Clay was actually great would lead to a fandom where I watch him attempt to run for censored.gif CONGRESS, I would have cackled so loudly. lmao.gif

Oh, fandom journeys.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
watsofunny
post Feb 11th 2014, 10:40 PM
Post #95087

watsOfficial bum whacker

QUOTE(*~MarMar~* @ Feb 5th 2014, 7:45 AM) *

Seriously, if you told me 11 years ago that my coming to my senses in the middle of AI2 and realizing that Clay was actually great would lead to a fandom where I watch him attempt to run for censored.gif CONGRESS, I would have cackled so loudly. lmao.gif

Oh, fandom journeys.

Seriously grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
vintage rose
post Feb 13th 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #95088

Group Icon

Can this year end already? I'm done with it! noexpression.gif

Fire at my brother-in-law's house this morning at 3am so now he has to find a new place to move to. My father-in-law is supposed to move in w/ him so it has to be wheelchair accessible as well. =/

--------------------
+Quote Post
Castiel
post Mar 11th 2014, 10:34 PM
Post #95089

I ♥ Billie Joe Armstrong

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. SYTYCD3: Neil Haskell
Fav. TV Shows: SPN & DW

Nevermind. That's not going to happen. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Castiel: Mar 16th 2014, 9:23 AM

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
♥ 3/21/14 - Gareth David-Lloyd, 3/22/14 - John Barrowman
6/18/14 - Michael C. Hall, 6/20/14 - Neil Patrick Harris, 8/23/14 - Matt Smith ♥
+Quote Post
*~MarMar~*
post Apr 5th 2014, 10:05 AM
Post #95090

lmao of course we go to Raleigh before Clay starts his campaign. Didn't hear or see one thing about him no.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
vintage rose
post May 12th 2014, 2:26 PM
Post #95091

Group Icon

I wish I would hear something about my referral for an MRI. I might be having back surgery soon. unsure.gif My pcp (doc) & I both have concerns about possible tethered cord (it's common in people w/ Spina Bifida like myself). I'm being referred to a neurosurgeon & having an MRI done soon (hopefully next week?). If it comes back that it is in fact tethered cord, I'll be set up for surgery to repair it. If left untreated, it could severely damage my back & paralyze me. sad.gif I have all of the symptoms & then some actually so I'm pretty sure that's what's going on w/ me. Honestly, I'm a bit scared about the possible surgery. I don't want something to happen & severely injure me. =/ Waiting games suck....

--------------------
+Quote Post
vintage rose
post May 23rd 2014, 10:37 AM
Post #95092

Group Icon

Had the MRI last week & it's confirmed....it IS a tethered cord. sad.gif I see the neurosurgeon on June 10th to discuss surgery. ermm.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
vintage rose
post Jun 11th 2014, 2:46 PM
Post #95093

Group Icon

No surgery scheduled. They need to do more tests first to better prepare for surgery. I'm EXTREMELY high risk for getting meningitis if we do the back surgery so the doc is just checking into everything first. ermm.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
*~MarMar~*
post Jun 15th 2014, 8:08 AM
Post #95094

Ugh, that sucks Lynn. I hope you get it worked out soon, because it seems to be causing you so much strife pinch.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
vintage rose
post Jun 17th 2014, 7:01 PM
Post #95095

Group Icon

QUOTE(*~MarMar~* @ Jun 15th 2014, 8:08 AM) *

Ugh, that sucks Lynn. I hope you get it worked out soon, because it seems to be causing you so much strife pinch.gif

I hope so too. I have to go back to Little Rock (3 hrs south) for the extra testing b/c they can't do the studies up here. ermm.gif It is! pinch.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Castiel
post Jun 23rd 2014, 11:39 PM
Post #95096

I ♥ Billie Joe Armstrong

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. SYTYCD3: Neil Haskell
Fav. TV Shows: SPN & DW

Hey Mar! Did you see my picture with Michael C. Hall!? wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
♥ 3/21/14 - Gareth David-Lloyd, 3/22/14 - John Barrowman
6/18/14 - Michael C. Hall, 6/20/14 - Neil Patrick Harris, 8/23/14 - Matt Smith ♥
+Quote Post
vintage rose
post Jul 16th 2014, 12:21 PM
Post #95097

Group Icon

This week started out VERY scary. crying.gif I was rushed to the ER via ambulance Monday around 2:30 am. I had gotten up around 1:15 that morning to pee, when I got back to the bedroom I suddenly felt very nauseous. I knew I couldn't make it to the bathroom so I woke my husband up to have him pass me the trash can on his side of the bed. After I threw up (only a tiny bit), I suddenly felt like I had millions of bugs crawling all over my skin from head to toe. It was then, I recall falling over onto my husband's pillow...next thing I know, I woke up to his uncle, aunt & paramedics standing over top of me saying "Lynette, wake up. You've got to get up." I was like a rag doll though. I had no muscle control whatsoever. Later found out I was unconscious for a good 5-10 minutes before I woke up to them saying that. I vaguely remember being put in my wheelchair & taken to the living room where they had the gurney waiting to put me in the ambulance (couldn't fit it down the hallway to our bedroom). Once at the ER I remember going in & out of consciousness as 5+ nurses & a doc tried working on me. I recall my arms shaking uncontrollably...I had gone into shock. I lost a lot of blood (so much that they ALMOST had to do a blood transfusion). My husband told me last night just how serious things were. While still at the house, his uncle (forgot to mention he is a "first responder" & lives right next door) & the paramedics couldn't find a pulse or blood pressure for me. While at the ER, I started to throw up a lot as well as have severe bladder & bowel issues...lots of blood everywhere. Official diagnosis was GI bleed/gastrointestinal hemorrhage. My blood pressure was also 76/54 when I got to the ER & they were finally able to get a blood pressure result. I scared everyone, including myself that morning. I was released from the hospital last night & I'm feeling a bit better than I did Monday. Still very bloated feeling & sore. It hurts to breathe.

--------------------
+Quote Post
b1ackroses
post Jul 23rd 2014, 5:21 PM
Post #95098

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI11: Joshua Ledet
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

I hope you're feeling better! sad.gif

How's everyone doing? w00twave.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Jul 24th 2014, 9:02 PM
Post #95099

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. Oz Idol: Anthony Callea

Thank God, Lynette. fear2.gif That's scary. crying.gif I'm so glad you're feeling better. huggy.gif

--------------------
set:sandra / one direction - 08.08.14 / kris allen - 09.06
IPB Image
+Quote Post

4755 Pages V « < 4753 4754 4755
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 26th 2014, 12:06 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol