Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Better than AI and X Factor
D.J.
post Dec 12th 2011, 9:04 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

QUOTE(JoeK @ Dec 12th 2011, 9:29 AM) *

The contestants on this show lack the talent of those on Idol,

Yeah, how can they compare to such talent as the barking Casey Abrams, Jacob with his terrible tone + OTT antics, Lauren who tried to hit big notes all season and never did or Scotty who is just like every other deep voiced country singer out there. Yeah, such amazing talent. haha.gif

and the judges were awful... the Maroon 5 tool is probably the most unlikable judge I've seen on any show...

Adam Levine arguably the most popular judge on any of these shows right now.

the performances weren't as vocally strong as idol, and they tried to do stage theatrics but without the high production values that x factor uses so most of the time they would come off as lame and overly campy

And yet the Voice (which is on NBC = the network no one watches) still had higher ratings than XFactor.

and I know the judges on Idol and X Factor have praised lackluster performances time and time again, but it's nothing compared to the way they were on the voice where every single performance got a rave review no matter how much of a trainwreck some of them were

lol what? The judges from Idol were the ones who had article after article written about them being too nice. JLo even mentioned it on the show.

--------------------
"Humanity is premiering you jags."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 12th 2011, 9:04 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Weedy Speedy
post Dec 12th 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #22

Fav. AI9: Crystal Bowersox
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

QUOTE(D.J. @ Nov 8th 2011, 9:18 PM) *

There were definitely kinks but it was the first season so that was expected.

Yeah, but it was all just came across as one huge gimmick. The blind auditions can stay, because they were the show's main selling point and by far the best gimmick it came up with. The battle rounds were an absolutely terrible idea because the judges...er sorry, "coaches" didn't have half a brain to cast them decently. Yeah, pit off two of your better contestants so someone gets robbed and two of your worse ones so the fodder gets through...yeah, nice job trying to judge off "the Voice," lol it's just as bad as Idol. It didn't help that they dragged on for twelve years and most of the decisions were bs anyway. And don't even get me started on the live shows because that will be a novel in itself, one I don't have the time or energy for right now.

I also would get on "Adam Levine being the most popular judge on any of these shows" but after I finished puking I realized that was probably right. Doesn't make him one of the best though. And rofl the Voice judgescoaches were much nicer than their Idol counterparts, lol Jesus. It makes sense though because at the end of the day they were supposed to be nothing but glorified cheerleaders anyway. As actual judges they were awful, but lol they did what their titles called for them to do well.

But yeah, back on the talent standpoint...yeah, it's better than AI10 and XFUS1. I hope so too, because lol weren't the majority of contestants recruited for the show?

This post has been edited by Weedy Spyze: Dec 12th 2011, 10:38 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Carrie&BlakeFan @ May 15th 2014, 11:21 PM) *
Caleb winning is the last thing Idol needs? I think season 13 overall was the last thing Idol needed.
+Quote Post
D.J.
post Dec 14th 2011, 4:48 PM
Post #23

^ You can't compare ten seasons of idol contestants to the first season of the Voice. I'm going by Idol's previous season as it's closest to the time frame of the Voice. Someone like Kelly Clarkson probably wouldn't crack top 5 on shows like these nowadays anyway.

And that country kid was bland? Frankly, almost all male country singers are bland. They've got deep voice, love God, drive tractors, etc etc. Seen it and heard it all before. And no Haley didn't sing Janis better than Beverly and I couldn't stand Bev. haha.gif

--------------------
"Humanity is premiering you jags."
+Quote Post
Weedy Speedy
post Dec 14th 2011, 7:22 PM
Post #24

Fav. AI9: Crystal Bowersox
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

QUOTE(D.J. @ Dec 14th 2011, 4:48 PM) *

And no Haley didn't sing Janis better than Beverly

yes.gif

QUOTE(D.J. @ Dec 14th 2011, 4:48 PM) *

and I couldn't stand Bev. haha.gif

noexpression.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(Carrie&BlakeFan @ May 15th 2014, 11:21 PM) *
Caleb winning is the last thing Idol needs? I think season 13 overall was the last thing Idol needed.
+Quote Post
Naira
post Dec 14th 2011, 7:40 PM
Post #25

Group: NX Subscribers

I like both The Voice and Idol.And I like Levine Too. bleh.gif I don't enjoy XF at all, it actually made me appreciate Idol more. whistling.gif

and ITA Haley didn't sing Janis better than Beverly. no.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 26th 2014, 10:01 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol