Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

1077 Pages V « < 1075 1076 1077   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Off Topic Thread
DinaGator
post Aug 19th 2014, 8:18 AM
Post #21521

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

I've seen the explicit warnings on a couple of songs too, including a couple by Miranda Lambert. It's a shame people think that enhances their songs. no.gif

Regarding Taylor Swift, she isn't pretending this is country - she is outright stating this is a pop album. Country radio needs to let her go. The video is cute.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 19th 2014, 8:18 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

jailbelle
post Aug 19th 2014, 8:23 AM
Post #21522

Fav. AI9: Casey James

I'm happy for Taylor. Pop is where she was meant to be.

I choose to take it as a good sign for country music too. I'm hoping it's getting harder to ride the fence between pop and country or rock and country. Maybe country music is really on the verge of returning to being COUNTRY music.

--------------------
+Quote Post
DMJ2259
post Aug 19th 2014, 8:23 AM
Post #21523

Taylor is right at home in pop, where she belongs! I agree country radio has to let her go.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nana/sami
post Aug 19th 2014, 9:51 AM
Post #21524

QUOTE(NanCEyeBuck @ Aug 18th 2014, 4:11 PM) *

Ann - I know you asked about the dogs on the other thread but I'll answer here.

Apparently, there is a virus going thru the dogs here. With the younger ones, I am just nursing them thru and was hoping it wouldn't hit Rory or Alex considering their debilitated state. Unfortunately, Alex spiked a high fever and was throwing up water/flem, etc. so I was concerned about dehydration. So, I took him in for sub-q fluids and an injectible to try to quickly halt the vomiting. Also got some antibiotics for him. I'm still on high alert for all of them, but I hope we are thru the worst of it. I love having multiple dogs, but when a virus hits, it can be tough.

What a struggle shocked.gif Hoping they all recover quickly and completely wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nana/sami
post Aug 19th 2014, 10:02 AM
Post #21525

To me Blake's song is country... it is OK not going to be my favorite Blake song...at least it is not pop, rock or rap! whistling.gif

Taylor's song is what I would consider good pop music... I like the song OK have a feeling Sami is going to love it! Country Let Her Go!!! I can't see that she is even making a miniscule effort on this one to sell it as country.

I have the DVR set to record George's concert. An album!!! w00t.gif I know what I will be giving my sister-in-law for Christmas!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
tweetypickler
post Aug 19th 2014, 12:05 PM
Post #21526

I Am A Huge Fan Of Ben & Jenn Love This Ice bucket challenge

Us Weekly @usweekly · 3h
Ben Affleck and Jen Garner's #IceBucketChallenge video is adorable: http://usm.ag/1pXTgiO You can hear the kids giggling in the background!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lizziemat
post Aug 19th 2014, 6:49 PM
Post #21527

So what is wrong with this pic...Taylor announces she's putting out a pop song to radio and Nash Ny play it and WSIX in Nashville is playing it a lot and even added the song to thumbs up request....there is no hope left for country radio......this is sooooo unfair to legit country artist trying to get radio play whether it be Scotty or anyone else....I guess we will see adds on Monday for Taylor's song ...will sure give a clue about certain stations...

--------------------
+Quote Post
McCreerian1980
post Aug 19th 2014, 7:32 PM
Post #21528

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

QUOTE(Lizziemat @ Aug 19th 2014, 7:49 PM) *

So what is wrong with this pic...Taylor announces she's putting out a pop song to radio and Nash Ny play it and WSIX in Nashville is playing it a lot and even added the song to thumbs up request....there is no hope left for country radio......this is sooooo unfair to legit country artist trying to get radio play whether it be Scotty or anyone else....I guess we will see adds on Monday for Taylor's song ...will sure give a clue about certain stations...

That's pretty bad when Taylor herself pretty much said to Country not to play it and they are doing it anyway. Country radio is like a dumped ex that is so pathetic all they go to do is stalk the one that dumped them. Sad and creepy at the same time. wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Craig Bennett
post Yesterday, 1:52 PM
Post #21529

Remember when I said only Garth could pull off that single release of Tacoma? That song would have been DOA if any other artist released something like that to radio today. Well apparently even Garth couldn't put that one off. It's DBA (Dead Before Arrival). haha.gif He's going with another single for his first releases per sources on twitter this morning. stuart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Yesterday, 2:57 PM
Post #21530

Group: NX Subscribers

Oh, Garth...please don't release some bro country/pop/rock/hip hop fusion junk. Stay true to country.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
McCreerian1980
post Yesterday, 3:29 PM
Post #21531

Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

QUOTE(Craig Bennett @ Aug 20th 2014, 2:52 PM) *

Remember when I said only Garth could pull off that single release of Tacoma? That song would have been DOA if any other artist released something like that to radio today. Well apparently even Garth couldn't put that one off. It's DBA (Dead Before Arrival). haha.gif He's going with another single for his first releases per sources on twitter this morning. stuart.gif

Wow! That says a lot about the terrible radio climate.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McCreerian1980
post Yesterday, 3:42 PM
Post #21532

Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Aug 20th 2014, 3:57 PM) *

Oh, Garth...please don't release some bro country/pop/rock/hip hop fusion junk. Stay true to country.

Apparently it's called "People Loving People" and should be out in a week or 2. Yikes to FI for that!!! Anyway just by the title it sounds like it could be "We Shall Be Free 2.0"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Buckeyenana6
post Yesterday, 10:48 PM
Post #21533

Interesting article below about Taylor's new album. Picture didn't move over so please ignore that line.

Music
Taylor Swift, Rule Follower, Releases 1989 in Completely Expected Way
By Claire Suddath August 20, 2014

Photograph by ChinaFotoPress via Getty Images
If you want to understand how the music industry works, all you have to do is follow Taylor Swift. Justin Bieber is poised for an implosion. Beyoncé is a little too powerful—few artists can drop a new album with absolutely no promotional campaign, price it at $15.99, and sell 830,000 copies in the first weekend. But Swift is the sort of megastar who always plays by the rules. She releases one album every other fall and promotes it with a big arena tour; the one for her last album, 2012’s Red, lasted seven months. She endorses Diet Coke (KO) and Keds (WWW). Her love songs are so idealized that she actually wrote one about Romeo and Juliet.

Taylor Swift does not try something new until she knows that it will work—and that she can do it right.

Over the last few weeks, Swift had been posting “clues” on her Instagram (FB) account about an announcement she’d make on Aug. 18. Fans knew another album was in the works, and they correctly guessed that Aug. 18 wouldn’t be its release date but the day she announced the release date. “Taylor Swift is dropping the least subtle clues ever about her new album,” observed Cosmopolitan UK. And just to make doubly sure that everyone knew what was happening, last week Swift announced her upcoming announcement on the most traditional platform of them all, The Tonight Show.

The new album, 1989, has 13 tracks and a lead single, Shake It Off, which Swift premiered with fanfare on—that’s right—Aug. 18. The full album will come out in October, just like her previous albums. A “deluxe” version will include bonus tracks. Absolutely none of this is surprising. Swift is a safe, solid pop star embarking on a pretty traditional album campaign that’s been slightly updated (Instagram clues, a Yahoo! (YHOO) stream, a Skype (MSFT) chat) to conform to the technological times.

As one of the top-selling music acts around, Swift could be much more experimental if she wanted to. She could go full-on Beyoncé and abandon all promotion. She could drop the album, literally, from the sky. Or, more apropos to her public persona, she could personally deliver every copy nestled in a picnic basket next to a kitten.

But Taylor Swift doesn’t play like that. She does things smoothly and cleanly so that they turn out as shiny and perfect as her red lipstick. Red was produced by Swedish hit-making machines Max Martin and Johan “Shellback” Schuster and is being marketed with the help of corporate sponsors Target (TGT) and Walgreens (WAG). Shellback and Martin are back for 1989, which is being promoted with concert ticket giveaways and meet-and-greets

Over the next few months, Swift will start making the appropriate TV appearances and giving another set of charmingly candid interviews. Much will be made about how 1989 is Swift’s official switch from country pop to regular pop, even though her transformation has been going on, little by little, for years. That’s how Taylor Swift works. It’s safe. And it works every time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

1077 Pages V « < 1075 1076 1077
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: crossway

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Aug 21st 2014, 1:19 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol