Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Killed Classics, The Top Six performs!
Cheyenne
post Aug 29th 2005, 7:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis

It's down to the wire! Only six people are left and we're almost halfway through the summer. How well did the Idols cope with classic rock songs? Find out!

Melissa O’Neil is the first performer of the night and her song choice is “Alone” by Heart. A song sang by Carrie, which made her an early favorite on the US version of Idol. Styling wise Melissa looks okay I’d say, but I am not crazy about her outfit. I like the extensions however and the performance is also pretty awesome, but the singing isn’t great. She is in tune most of the time, but the vocals in the chorus aren’t really powerful and the back-up singer is horrendous. Whoever hired her deserves to be slapped. Jake says that Melissa was believable. Farley says that Melissa is a natural. Sass warns Hilary Duff, Jessica Simpson and Ashlee Simpson of Melissa and adds that she kicks bum. Zack says that Melissa seems to never give up and that she just does her thing.

Rex Goudie is the second performer of the night and he decides to sing “Turn the Page” by Metallica. His style is the same as usual and his stage presence isn’t any different from the other weeks either. Singing wise it is worse than what he has done until now. He seems to be off for the most parts of the song and especially the high parts of the song are very horrible. It’s a whole bunch of screaming weird off-key notes and showing no personality. It doesn’t work for me at all. Farley says that Rex is stiff as a rock, but he rolls with soul. Sass says that Rex’s got it down. Zack says that he could pick Rex’ performance apart because of an overdose of nonsense, but it won’t matter anyway. Jake says that Rex sings with passion and that’s all what matters.

Casey LeBlanc is up next and she went for a rock ballad by the Pretenders called “I’ll Stand by you”. She looks pretty with the extensions and her retro’ish clothes, but once again she can’t convince me vocally at all. She sounds good on some part, but most of the song is just breathy and flat. I do think it’s somewhat her best performance in the finals, but it just isn’t good enough for me. Her stage presence is very awkward for me, because she is shaking her body weirdly in one direction to another the whole time. Sass says that it was Casey’s best effort so far. Zack says that she sounded like a grown up and that it was pretty good. Jake says that Casey sang it with heart, meaning and vulnerability. Farley agrees with Jake.

Aaron Walpole is the fourth performer of the night and his song is “Hot Blooded” by the group Foreigner. It’s the same thing as we’ve seen him before. Everything about it screams karaoke and while the vocals are good, I just can’t connect to him. Zack says that he doesn’t know what kind of record Aaron will make, but that he rocked the cheese. Jake says that Aaron looks like a natural up there. Farley says that Aaron has a lot of energy. Sass loves Aaron’s sense of humor and he sang the cheese and grilled it.

Suzi Rawn tells us in her video that she knows that people will say her song choice is predictable, but she doesn’t seem to care and goes for “Piece of My Heart” by Janis Joplin. Now if she knows that, why the heck doesn’t she put some effort in her vocals? She’s off and heavy breathy the whole time and her stage presence freaks me out. She does look pretty and everything, but seriously! This song is so overdone and so is her stage presence. Her voice resembles awfully Gwen Stefani for the whole time and that’s definitely not a good thing in my book. Jake says that Suzi brought the pain of the song. Farley says that it was a great song choice for Suzi. Sass says that Suzi is feisty and emotional and that it just works. Zack says that Canada should decide tonight if they want Suzi to win or not, because that’s the kind of record she’ll make.

Josh Palmer is the last to perform and his song for tonight is “Layla” by Eric Clapton. I really dislike this song, but I really tried to enjoy Josh, but I just couldn’t. He starts average on the low notes, but once he hits the chorus and screams “Layla” I start to cringe. After that it gets worse and the scream close to end is just the icing for a horrible performance. The only good thing about this performance is his guitar solo, but apart from that, wow I’m disappointed. Farley says that it was well done. Sass says that the dramatic ending was one of the best she has ever seen. Zack says that if Josh was his artist he would say that his boy rocked the house. Jake says that it was a hard song to sing.

This night sucked quite frankly.

Top Three Performances:
#01. Melissa; #02. Aaron; #03. Casey

Bottom Three Performances:
#04. Suzi; #05. Rex; #06. Josh

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 29th 2005, 7:08 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

wild.hope
post Aug 29th 2005, 8:18 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

GREAT recap, Cheyenne!! clap.gif Your best so far, imo. happy.gif Great job grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Cheyenne
post Aug 29th 2005, 8:43 PM
Post #3

fear.gif I thought it was my worst yet fear.gif

Thanks so much Jor wub.gif huggy.gif kiss.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
claymate37
post Aug 29th 2005, 8:48 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald

Can't say I agree with anything. I thought Suzi and Josh were the best that night *shrug* Good review tho flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
wild.hope
post Aug 29th 2005, 9:33 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

QUOTE(Cheyenne @ Aug 29th 2005, 6:43 PM)
fear.gif I thought it was my worst yet fear.gif

Thanks so much Jor  wub.gif  huggy.gif  kiss.gif

Eh. I think your "awfulness" was good. tongue.gif

No problem. happy.gif huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
James000
post Aug 30th 2005, 5:09 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. OzI4: Ricky Muscat

Great review Cheyenne! clap.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Cheyenne
post Aug 30th 2005, 1:43 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(James000 @ Aug 30th 2005, 3:09 AM)
Great review Cheyenne! clap.gif

Thanks James huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Celebrity Skin
post Aug 30th 2005, 2:23 PM
Post #8

Awesome Review flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
danyul911
post Aug 30th 2005, 3:22 PM
Post #9

Fav. AI3: Leah LaBelle
Fav. Idol: Cosima De Vito

Great review Cheyenne clap.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks Trivanlover
+Quote Post
bumnummies
post Aug 30th 2005, 4:34 PM
Post #10

Group: Blend Artists

Good Job Cheyanne! original.gif

--------------------
MY NAME IS JENN. | COME VISIT ME ON TUMBLR OK? | or TWITTER | VERSION: COLCHELE.
IPB Image
| GLEE: Rachel. Kurt. Blaine. Tina. Santana. Sam. Brittany. And Everyone Else. :) | OH and I make stuff: REDBUBBLE |
+Quote Post
Cheyenne
post Aug 30th 2005, 6:14 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Celebrity Skin @ Aug 30th 2005, 12:23 PM)
Awesome Review  flowers.gif

Thanks Ewic huggy.gif

QUOTE(danyul911 @ Aug 30th 2005, 1:22 PM)
Great review Cheyenne clap.gif

Thanks huggy.gif flowers.gif

QUOTE(bumnummies @ Aug 30th 2005, 2:34 PM)
Good Job Cheyanne! original.gif

Cheyanne? shock.gif bleh.gif

Thanks Yenn huggy.gif stuart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
xoSam
post Aug 30th 2005, 6:51 PM
Post #12

Group: NX Subscribers

Awesome review, Chey. w00t.gif Oddly enough, I agree with everything. huh.gif I think you're like... my twin or something, I always agree with your reviews. laughing.gif But anyways, sexually written. Yes, sexually. kiss.gif

--------------------

hush little babe, don't overreact
keep it all in and hold it all back
hush little darling, time to save face
give it some time, go down with some grace
+Quote Post
Cheyenne
post Aug 31st 2005, 1:40 PM
Post #13

Thank you Aimee my sexual hot twin kiss.gif wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 17th 2014, 4:35 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol