Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

40 Pages V « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SYTYCD Ukraine, Season 4!
Butte009
post Jan 24th 2012, 8:16 PM
Post #481

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD7: Alex Wong
Fav. DWTS: Maksim Chmerkovskiy

QUOTE(verak @ Jan 24th 2012, 3:12 PM) *

Unfortunately no. They were kind of taking top 6 from each season, and only if somebody from top 6 could not - went for the next dancer down.
So from season 3:
Sasha-Marta thumbdown.gif
Jenia-Ania thumbsup.gif
Tony-Angela thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Season 4:
Vasia, Ilia, Tolik, Galia, Tisato, Katia (no Masha angry.gif ) - don't know how the couples will look, because it seams that it won't be teams, but still couples

Season 2:
Jenia Kariakin - Natalia Ligay (the winner) - sad.gif - I don't know, she is a strong dancer but she is 32 (or even 33?) and she just gave birth few months ago... And Jenia is my favourite dancer, I am nor happy for that pairing.
Sergey-Katia Bukhtiarova thumbsup.gif
Roma-Ilona thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif flowers.gif

Season 1:
Sasha Ostanin (winner), Jenia Kot, Kolia, Mariam, Dasha, Tonia - not the strongest girls, but I liked them

This is information from boards, not official, but looks like real.

Dang. We just can't get rid of Marta can we? angry.gif
So Rodion isn't competing and no Masha? crying.gif
I have to go back to see who Jenia K was. The way you have his name isn't ringing any bells for me. I probably called him something different. Eugene? I really liked him if he's the same guy. I could do without Natalia. thumbdown.gif
Other than Sasha and Miriam. I'm having a hard time putting faces with those names. Did Jenia get second? I'll have to go back and have another look at the S1 Top 6 I guess. blushing.gif

Oh.... Kolia was the weird guy that made Top 8. How far back do I have to go for Jenia, Dasha and Tonia (or was she also Top 8?)

This post has been edited by Butte009: Jan 24th 2012, 8:26 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Winter is Coming... Fire and Blood... Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 24th 2012, 8:16 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

verak
post Jan 24th 2012, 9:09 PM
Post #482

QUOTE(Butte009 @ Jan 24th 2012, 5:16 PM) *

Dang. We just can't get rid of Marta can we? angry.gif
So Rodion isn't competing and no Masha? crying.gif
I have to go back to see who Jenia K was. The way you have his name isn't ringing any bells for me. I probably called him something different. Eugene? I really liked him if he's the same guy. I could do without Natalia. thumbdown.gif
Other than Sasha and Miriam. I'm having a hard time putting faces with those names. Did Jenia get second? I'll have to go back and have another look at the S1 Top 6 I guess. blushing.gif

Oh.... Kolia was the weird guy that made Top 8. How far back do I have to go for Jenia, Dasha and Tonia (or was she also Top 8?)

People say she is a bit better now...

Rodion wants to study, study and study - especially new genres. I think he won't limit his trip to NY to 2 weeks, he'll stay longer and absorb whatever he'll be able to pay for. He is a talented guy but feels very bad about his lack of formal high level training (he has 7 years of some kind of kids dance school - you know, named "Little Sunshine" or something like this - he is from the little town, kind of like Kent, but little bit easier to pronounce - Sterlitamak). After school he moved to St-Petersbourg and started to dance in a Music-Hall - it would be equivalent of may be some of Las-Vegas venues. Only then he was able to take some classical masterclasses - he would go to the classes of Mikhailovsky - so Mikhailovsky himself noticed him and invited to his ballet Theatre. So Rodion wants education, not exposure and fame, he feels he is not ready yet for the real dance career. Serious guy.
And Masha is from Russia, so they are not very interested in inviting non-Ukrainian dancers.

Yes, Jenia K. - it's Eugene, the one who danced with Ilona SM's favourite dance from that season.

Tonia is the one who danced originally with Sasha Ostanin (remember that hilarious swing, where she pumped him?). And right, Kolia - Nikolay is this weird guy - people say he improved, he danced in Konstantin Tomilchenko Theatre.
Jenia Kot - he had wonderful jumps. And may be you remember, in a Gala-Concert for season 3 they had a guest number - strange one, with a hat - he was there, just his hair was straightened.
Me too, I don't remember exactly who Dasha is - have to check.

This post has been edited by verak: Mar 8th 2012, 2:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
verak
post Jan 25th 2012, 11:50 PM
Post #483

QUOTE(Butte009 @ Jan 24th 2012, 5:16 PM) *

I have to go for Dasha

She is in Jim's top 10 for Ukraine in a "Master Top 40 Count", #8
may be he has some video about her - I did not find on Youtube

This post has been edited by verak: Jan 25th 2012, 11:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
verak
post Jan 30th 2012, 6:32 PM
Post #484

They published the format of "The Battle" - nothing interesting, all the same... ermm.gif
I guess they were not able to make a spin-off with their own rules - may be it's in a contract. It's even named the same: "SYTYCD (Танцуют все). Return of the Stars".
The same judges; couples dance 1 dance "from the hat"; 3 bottom couples (by voting) dance "for life" - all 3 the same style, same music, but choreographed by themselves; judges decide who goes home (a couple). After 5 couples left - 2 dances/night. Finale - 3 last couples x 3 dances each.

--------------------
+Quote Post
verak
post Feb 9th 2012, 7:17 PM
Post #485

We'll have a busy March - Poland S7 starts March 7, Ukrainian "Battle" (everybody keeps naming it this way) starts March 9. Hope for torrents from the same sources as regular season. I will be glad to see "old" dancers and know how they are doing now.

This post has been edited by verak: Feb 9th 2012, 7:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Butte009
post Feb 10th 2012, 6:58 PM
Post #486

Fav. SYTYCD7: Alex Wong
Fav. DWTS: Maksim Chmerkovskiy

QUOTE(verak @ Feb 9th 2012, 6:17 PM) *

We'll have a busy March - Poland S7 starts March 7, Ukrainian "Battle" (everybody keeps naming it this way) starts March 9. Hope for torrents from the same sources as regular season. I will be glad to see "old" dancers and know how they are doing now.

Should we start a new thread when the season starts in March?

--------------------
IPB Image
Winter is Coming... Fire and Blood... Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken...
+Quote Post
verak
post Feb 10th 2012, 8:06 PM
Post #487

I don't know, it's not a season, it's a "Battle", so may be we can stay here. I don't think many will follow anyway... And for the season 5 we can have a new thread. (Auditions started already! sorcerer.gif )

--------------------
+Quote Post
dancecab
post Feb 13th 2012, 4:56 PM
Post #488

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. SYTYCD3: Shauna Noland
Fav. SYTYCD 09: Talia, Jeanine & TJ

i have yet to finish a season of SYTYCD UKraine...although I have all if not most of last season backed up...but i am interested in this newbattle. I kinda want to watch it first since I don't have enough time to watch 4 seasons.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
BBC2:KENNY!! NEDA!! Sara. Rochelle. - Sur28: TASHA! Sarah. Spencer. LJ. Jefra. Woo.
YCDAUS 4: YUKINO!! Eden. Joel. Lauren. Patric. Nadiah. Ash-leigh. Micheal.
+Quote Post
verak
post Feb 14th 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #489

Would anybody be interested if I do "Who is who?" for the Battle - pictures, videos of participants? unsure.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
dancecab
post Feb 15th 2012, 1:05 PM
Post #490

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. SYTYCD3: Shauna Noland
Fav. SYTYCD 09: Talia, Jeanine & TJ

QUOTE(verak @ Feb 14th 2012, 11:54 PM) *

Would anybody be interested if I do "Who is who?" for the Battle - pictures, videos of participants? unsure.gif

yes.gif yes.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
BBC2:KENNY!! NEDA!! Sara. Rochelle. - Sur28: TASHA! Sarah. Spencer. LJ. Jefra. Woo.
YCDAUS 4: YUKINO!! Eden. Joel. Lauren. Patric. Nadiah. Ash-leigh. Micheal.
+Quote Post
verak
post Feb 15th 2012, 5:44 PM
Post #491

So, from season 1 - couple #1 - Alexandr Ostanin& Tonia Rudenko

IPB Image

Alexandr (Olexandr, Sasha) is a tapper, several times European silver medalist. Usually when tappers dance - their feet are great,but the top looks so poor... He has a great control over his top as well, I like it.

Very versatile. Winner of season 1. (Though I thought that another Sasha should win - here is their final dance - Sherlock Holmes themed swing - I love it very much)

Tonia (Antonina) is his original partner, I absolutely loved their first swing together (it was the very first dance of the show, so I hope they will dance it at the first show of the "Battle")

She was not a very strong dancer (she even looked very girlish, long limbs, movements not controlled very well) so I hope she matured and progressed by this time. Here is a clip about her, there are parts of the dances she did with Alexandr - paso, contemp, (tango she dances with another Battle participant, Nikolay)

This post has been edited by verak: May 22nd 2012, 1:49 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
verak
post Feb 15th 2012, 8:05 PM
Post #492

Season 1 - couple #2: Evgeny Kot & Mariam Tourkenbaeva

IPB Image

We'll have 3 Jenias in this Battle, so I don't know how they will call them. I guess one will be Jenia, another - Eugen, and another Evgeny. Anyway, normally people with this name are called Jenia (or Jenya, I am not sure how to spell it more correctly). And his family name - Kot - means Cat (a male one).
I loved him during his season, his jumps were amazing. After SYTYCD he played one of the lead roles in a famous musical "Baron Munchhausen" - Konstantin Tomilchenko choreographed it, using practically all participants from SYTYCD (there were 2 sets of dancers for each role). Mariam participated in it, too.

IPB Image

Jenia worked during this years as a creative producer and choreographer, too. And Mariam was teaching a lot.
Very interesting couple. Here is one of their dances together on a show. Not very good quality, but just to remember. I think it looks like one of those imaginary dances in our Reduxes (that could never happen on US stage) ( giggle.gif )

--------------------
+Quote Post
verak
post Feb 15th 2012, 8:39 PM
Post #493

season 1 couple #3 - Nikolay Boychenko & Dasha Malikova

IPB Image

The most mysterious couple of the Battle. They did not dance together. So nobody can tell how it will go.
During the season Kolia was a "quirky" one, his technical level is low enough, but public loved him because of his performance skills. And he was lucky to have a great partner - Natali - too bad she doesn't participate in a Battle.

He danced in the "Baron", also one of the lead - but "character" - roles. People say he improved a lot.

I thought that Dasha was a ballroom dancer, but looked good in other genres. But I found on Ukrainian forum that she is a contemp dancer. I tried to find videos of her dancing, could not find anything but this from the show (and there is a paso with Vlad Yama from the tour, that's why I was thinking that she is a ballroom - but I don't like it).

As I understand she is a head of some dance school, but more manager than teacher or choreographer, so I don't know how is her dance level now.

Here they are now:

IPB Image
IPB Image

This post has been edited by verak: Mar 5th 2012, 11:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
verak
post Feb 18th 2012, 9:11 PM
Post #494

OK, let's go to season 2 - my favourite season
couple #1 - Jenia (Eugen) Kariakin & Natalia Leegay (or Ligaay - I am not sure how to spell it better)

IPB Image

In a season they always wanted to dance together but had just one dance, not very bright folk, somewhat very similar to one with Ilona and Jenia (the one that Jim loved), even the music is very similar.

They are good friends, they danced together in "Baron"

IPB Image

Natalia is the oldest contestant, she is 33. She won her season, many thinks because of her story - she danced "for her son", who was 14 at the time. She looked like a brave single mom, but she was not - she is married to the choreographer Gorbach (who makes swings, discos and such). The oldest son is hers, but with Gorbach she just had another son (gave birth few months ago - he announced it during the live show of season 4), so people are divided over her: some praise her - how brave she is to come back so fast; others condemn her - she is a bad mother if she is ready to leave a 4-month baby and go training. So many are afraid that producers again will try to "sell" her because of the "story". I personally love her dancing, very mature and technical. Her acrobatic past shows, but I don't see it as a bad trait, I love "gymnastic" dancers.

Jenia - you'll need to stop me, because I can talk about this dancer hours and hours - he is my 2nd ever favourite. I discovered it gradually and it took me longtime to understand what's so special about him - he is not very handsome (at least according to my taste), he is not very technical. He did not have impressive run on the show, though he was a top guy. Only during the top 6 night I was, like: "Wow, who is this guy?" - because he danced two my ever favourite dances (with Katerina Boukhtiarova - I will post them in Memorable SYTYCD Moments thread when I'll get to that season) and I had to go back and check his journey on the show. The problem was that he was paired with smallest, blandest (and blondest), weakest girl, and she injured herself before the first night, so they had to dance very "carefully"; later they were given "Bollywood" (choreographed by non-Bollywood person), and after that - "Mummies" hip-hop (hate those themes), so he was all bandaged and it looked terrible; after his original partner left he was paired with another girl - second from the bottom, old and crazy - and given even more terrible choreography... So he B3 almost every time, but every time his solo was different and he was saved... His top 10 contemp was beautiful, but danced with a girl who was bigger than him, and full of lifts... And only in top 8 - with Ilona, and especially in top 6 - with Katerina - he really started to shine. And after watching and rewatching his dances again and again and loving them more and more I realized what was so special about him: he is The Ultimate Partner. You know, usually every dancer showcases him/herself. Even ballroomers, who know how to partner better than others, love to "star". Almost in any dance it's possible to tell: "He danced better than her". "She outdanced him there". You can never tell that about Jenia's dances. When he dances - it's The Couple. It's two melted in one. Period. It's not by accident that he is Tatiana's assistant - nobody can do lifts (she is notorious for) better. They look effortless with a partner of any size. And I better don't start about a ballroom - because actually he is a balroom dancer, it's his dance background. So, you can understand, I will be a big fan of that couple.
Here is one of his "for life" solos

And here is one of my favourite dances of the season - top 2 boys - anyway I will present Sergey too

Oh, and BTW, by education Jenia is a dentist...

This post has been edited by verak: Feb 20th 2012, 12:35 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
verak
post Feb 18th 2012, 9:16 PM
Post #495

season 2 - couple#2: Ekaterina (Katia) Bukhtiarova & Sergey Zmeyok (nikname - Zmey or Zmeey - a serpent)

IPB Image

They were in a top 4 of the season, they are a couple in a real life, they are very nice - so they have a huge fan base. I think they are the only dancers in a battle who don't have "haters". So I see them going the long way and they have even a chance to win all thing.

They have this "signature" move - choreographers love using it with them, I think we'll see it during the show

IPB Image

They danced together in "Baron"

IPB Image

In this couple I love more Katerina

Sergey is a good performer, but I am not sure how technical he is now. Hope he grew - we was not very strong to my liking during his season. He started to dance late enough: he was a sportsman - swimming, ski and so on - so he was studying at the University to become a PE teacher. One of credit disciplines was "choreography" and as a part of it he had to dance in their dance team - so he started and liked it and his teacher liked him and persuaded to continue.

This post has been edited by verak: Feb 20th 2012, 1:06 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
verak
post Mar 7th 2012, 5:00 PM
Post #496

OK, season 2 couple #3: Ilona Gvozdeva & Roman Dmitrik

They were an original couple, they have very different characters (she is a "firecracker", very talkative, he is very calm and a solid man), he was not happy to get her as a partner - but they happened to become a great couple. Here is their first dance, and the characters suit them very well!

I loved this contemp - but may be because of the poetry used, they expressed it very well

Roman is married to Victoria Martynova (season 1), they have a son.
Roman danced in "Baron".
Ilona participated in Ukrainian DWTS.
This couple is very interesting and loved a lot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
verak
post Mar 7th 2012, 8:20 PM
Post #497

Season 3 couple #1: Marta Jyr & Sasha Geraschenko (or, rather, Marta&Sasha Geraschenko - plain - because they got married)

IPB Image

Very controversial couple.
Those who've watched season 3 will never forget Marta - from her audition, through Yalta, through her famous: "Shut up, bro!" from the stage during the announcement of top 20 - and so on... Her dancing was mostly a mess, her conversations even more so... But some people like that - they say she is "natural" and "direct".
Sasha is very natural, too - but he is a hard-hard working guy. So he won his season, and rightly so.
Here their first dance together:

I don't know how they will look among other dancers on the show (because Marta's level is clearly lower than others), but they have one advantage: they are newlyweds and clearly in love, so the chemistry in this couple will be great (or may be OTT). Hope they keep that love long and don't have to experience in a real live what they had to dance in their season:

This post has been edited by verak: Mar 7th 2012, 8:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
verak
post Mar 8th 2012, 2:29 AM
Post #498

Season 3 Couple #2: Anna Tesla & Evgen (Jenia) Panchenko

The Cutest Couple on the Show

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

My favourite dance from them is the "old piano" Jazz:

They were a couple for a while, but now just good friends - I guess because both are very busy and live in different cities.
Some people think that Jenia was loved because of his "sad story" - his mom is paralyzed and he is a bread-bearer in a family (he has a younger sister). He teaches ballroom, but even more is famous as a very popular host for high-level parties, so people say he passed more time in night clubs than in a dance-class. So I am not sure, did he grow technically during the last year or not.
But Ania was learning herself and teaching a lot, so she is the strongest from those two and I hope she'll help Jenia.
I wish they will do well, I like this couple.

This post has been edited by verak: Mar 8th 2012, 2:32 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
verak
post Mar 8th 2012, 3:15 AM
Post #499

Season 3 Couple #3: Angela Karaseva & Anton (Tony) Kiba

Angela auditioned for all 3 seasons, in S2 was in top 40, barely missed it - and I am glad, because she wouldn't have chance to go far in S2, girls were very strong - and in S3 she got to top 4 and this year all 4 were sent to NY!
Tony also auditioned twice (or may be more, but just was not featured first time?).
They danced together only two dances on a show, I like both, but this Jive more - especially the mood they create.

But they work a lot together in a same dance centre and they are good friends and have a good chemistry. They danced Jazz together (as a guest number) on a post-show in season 4, and looked really strong (don't forget, Angela considers herself a hip-hop dancer)

This is a very controversial couple - but in a totally different way than, let's say, Marta&Sasha. They are one of the strongest (technically) couple, but somehow public doesn't like Angela and judges don't like Tony. I, personally, love them both and would like them to go very far (may be to win all thing?)

This post has been edited by verak: Mar 8th 2012, 3:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
verak
post Mar 8th 2012, 3:22 PM
Post #500

Season 4 couple #1: Katerina Beliavskaia & Vasily (Vasil, Vasia) Kozar

IPB Image

They danced together only in one live show, but they know each other very well - they worked in a same dance company and they together advanced to top 40 in Season3 and were cut before top 20, so they are very good friends and on a par technically. So I expect a lot from this couple.

Vasia is just 20, but he looks (and behaves) very mature. Katia is 23, but looks (and behaves) like a little girl - in a good sense, she always invents something fun, all celebrations on a show were organized by her.

--------------------
+Quote Post

40 Pages V « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 11:37 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol