Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> new young david video
alleygirl87
post Sep 29th 2011, 8:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixdrnyb9aHc

start at 12:00 min mark. Apparently Mariah Carey was in attendance...I wonder if she recognized David later on AI.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 29th 2011, 8:38 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

tibitibi
post Sep 29th 2011, 9:26 PM
Post #2

Is intertesting that David artistical life has been documented since his early years ....he really has like 10 years in the business eh? ....oh i would love 'I'll be there' cover in concert yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
JORDAN_FAN
post Sep 29th 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AJ:JordanMcCoy AI3:JohnStevens

^ That would be awesome! yes.gif And it is crazy how long he really has been around.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Upside
post Sep 29th 2011, 11:48 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(JORDAN_FAN @ Sep 29th 2011, 11:43 PM) *

^ That would be awesome! yes.gif And it is crazy how long he really has been around.

He was a veteran even before going on Idol. It really explains how he was able to handle the pressure of the show and the finale so well. David Cook, who is 8 years older and who had released albums and toured before going on the show, seemed more nervous during the finale.

I doubt there will ever be another teen contestant like David on Idol. It's not just the talent that can't be matched, it's the experience. I think his parents found the perfect mix of giving him good and challenging learning/training experiences without burning him out or making him into one of those Disney brats with inflated egos. His parents should really write a book to set out exactly what they did with David. If they don't have time to write a book, they should work as consultants. They could make some money and really help some families. With all the parents out there trying to make their kids "stars" (see X-Factor auditions), I'm pretty sure the book would be a bestseller. I think that such books have been written by the Jonas dad/mom, Justin Timberlake's mom, Britney's mom and Jessica Simpson's dad.

This post has been edited by Upside: Sep 29th 2011, 11:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ailyn24voices
post Sep 30th 2011, 11:21 AM
Post #5

Loved the video. grin.gif I wonder if this was after or before his vocal paralysis? It sounds like before to me. I usually don't like kid singers but David's voice and singing was so mature for his age. Very tasteful. and those growls and slides sounded so good!

It's interesting to see David in that rnb and soul music community setting as opposed to the whole pop machine he's been in these last few years.
QUOTE(tibitibi @ Sep 29th 2011, 9:26 PM) *

Is intertesting that David artistical life has been documented since his early years ....he really has like 10 years in the business eh? ....oh i would love 'I'll be there' cover in concert yes.gif

Ohh that would be amazing!!!
and yeah it's so cool that there are all these videos.

This post has been edited by ailyn24voices: Sep 30th 2011, 11:26 AM

--------------------
the shadow proves the sunshine.
IPB Image
+Quote Post
1FineDay
post Sep 30th 2011, 5:02 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(alleygirl87 @ Sep 29th 2011, 6:38 PM) *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixdrnyb9aHc

start at 12:00 min mark. Apparently Mariah Carey was in attendance...I wonder if she recognized David later on AI.

What a great video. He actually appears in the beginning and is singing in the background. You can see how really shy he is, but it's like his love of music/singing compels him to do it anyway.

--------------------
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Sep 30th 2011, 6:23 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

He actually got overpowered and out-sung by that girl. She was amazing. He sorta was not. fear.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Upside
post Sep 30th 2011, 6:55 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Sep 30th 2011, 7:23 PM) *

He actually got overpowered and out-sung by that girl. She was amazing. He sorta was not. fear.gif

Totally disagree. Her performance was an imitation of Mariah Carey's. David's was unique and controlled. Also like how he added accents to the performance when she was singing. I think it was clear from the performance that he was the pro and she was pretending to be one. Totally understandable though. I think that by the time of this performance he had already done his two Star Search stints and that would have given him a huge advantage over her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
lucumalover
post Sep 30th 2011, 9:38 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Upside @ Sep 30th 2011, 6:55 PM) *

Totally disagree. Her performance was an imitation of Mariah Carey's. David's was unique and controlled. Also like how he added accents to the performance when she was singing. I think it was clear from the performance that he was the pro and she was pretending to be one. Totally understandable though. I think that by the time of this performance he had already done his two Star Search stints and that would have given him a huge advantage over her.

I agree with you. The great thing about David is his originality and professionalism, even at such a young age.

--------------------
+Quote Post
dolls17
post Sep 30th 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #10

That is just the cutest video. I kind of can't stop watching it....lol.

It's like David....in miniature. lol. haha.gif

Gosh, I still love that kid. Think I always will. heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 1st 2014, 5:29 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol