Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

27 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pottermore, announcement from JK Rowling
i heart you x3
post Jun 23rd 2011, 5:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Okay, so we've all been anxiously awaiting the announcement from JK Rowling on the Pottermore website. What could it be!? It says you're allowed to sign up for emails and such, but the email sign up is disfunctioned right now because the server crashed or something. Was anyone able to sign up or know what it is?

--------------------
"don't you worry your pretty little mind. people throw rocks at things that shine & life
makes love look hard. the stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours."
twitter.|personal tumblr.|pinterest.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 23rd 2011, 5:12 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

tireswing
post Jun 23rd 2011, 5:24 PM
Post #2

Kelly is my BFF

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI11: Erika Van Pelt

This is so exciting! spaz.gif I wish it would let me sign up, though.

--------------------

IPB Image
CUf is my fave | AI11: EVP, Skylar, Hollie
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Jun 23rd 2011, 5:30 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

This is awesome! w00t.gif It took me a long time but I was finally able to get my email to go through. I might try again though before July 31st just to be sure. laughing.gif

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
RIP Cory Monteith. | My Disney Tumblr.
+Quote Post
i heart you x3
post Jun 23rd 2011, 5:32 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Jun 23rd 2011, 5:30 PM) *

This is awesome! w00t.gif It took me a long time but I was finally able to get my email to go through. I might try again though before July 31st just to be sure. laughing.gif

Your sig. wub.gif Ah lucky! I can't get mine through. pinch.gif I'm still seeing the "due to the overwhelming amount.." message. Le sigh.

--------------------
"don't you worry your pretty little mind. people throw rocks at things that shine & life
makes love look hard. the stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours."
+Quote Post
bice_rawks
post Jun 23rd 2011, 6:02 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. AI11: Phil, Colton & Joshua

I think I saw something on the news this morning about it. From what I understand, it's just an interactive website with extra new Potter stuff. No new books from JK sad.gif But I'm not totally sure.

--------------------
RIP Laura | Langone = Love
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
fellow BHB fangirl | LVES: Daughtry Ballas Hough Lysacek Bublé
+Quote Post
i heart you x3
post Jun 23rd 2011, 6:56 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(bice_rawks @ Jun 23rd 2011, 6:02 PM) *

I think I saw something on the news this morning about it. From what I understand, it's just an interactive website with extra new Potter stuff. No new books from JK sad.gif But I'm not totally sure.

Aw, okay. Well at least it's something! She probably came up with it because she didn't want us all to kill ourselves after the last movie. haha.gif But it finally let me register! w00t.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Claire
post Jun 23rd 2011, 8:00 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Danny Gokey
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

QUOTE(bice_rawks @ Jun 23rd 2011, 6:02 PM) *

Yeah, I saw the youtube video announcement this morning. It's a little confusing, and hard to understand exactly how it's going to work/what exactly it's going to be like, but JK described it as an "online reading experience." She mentioned something about fans having the chance to help create it, and that she'll be along to share information about Harry Potter that she's been "hoarding" for years. They also announced that the website will sell e-books of the series for the first time.

The whole thing isn't as exciting as a new book would be, but since I knew that wouldn't be it, I can't really be disappointed. I am anxious to see how this thing works. happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
+Quote Post
kamil24
post Jun 23rd 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #8

Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Emily Piriz

w00t.gif I got my e-mail through the first time.

I hope we get more info on characters, especially some family tree stuff, which really interests me.

--------------------
Emily Piriz, Malaya Watson, Jena Irene, Jessica MeuseIPB Image
+Quote Post
post Jun 24th 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #9

Rest In Peace Dad

Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison
Fav. AI13: Sam Woolf
Fav. Australian: Michael Johns

I sent my email. w00t.gif

--------------------
REST IN PEACE x MICHAEL JOHNS x 10/20/78 - 08/01/14 / REST IN PEACE x SIMONE BATTLE x 06/17/89 - 09/05/14IPB ImageFOREVER IN MY HEART x I LOVE YOU ALWAYS x REST IN PEACE DAD x 3/22/69 - 7/11/12
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Jun 24th 2011, 4:31 PM
Post #10

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

A description of some of it. I'm so excited.
Users will go through a quick registration process and then choose their own “magical username”.

They will then be given a personal home page called “the gateway” that will represent their own journey through each of the seven Harry Potterbooks.

Users move through the story chapter by chapter and are presented with “Moments” which are scenes of significance from each chapter.

In the first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, there are 44 Moments, for readers to experience.

Tarek Nseir, chief executive of the digital agency TH_NK, which helped design the site, said: “We have tried to set the scene but allow your imagination to do the rest.”

As fans move through the site they can scroll over different aspects of each scene such as a Privet Drive sign or a cupboard under the stairs.

They can then click on items such as Harry’s sock and uncover new writing from Rowling and additional information about the characters.

Readers will be given a key to access Gringotts Wizarding Bank where a virtual currency will be available to enable them to choose items from a shopping list needed to complete their journey.

They will be issued with one of 33,000 wands and can collect items such as chocolate frog cards and spout flavoured beans to put in their trunk.

Users will answer a series of questions selected at random from a vast pool and will be sorted into one of Hogwarts four houses based on their answers.

The chosen house will be the centre of their experience but Rowling insisted that those not placed in Gryffindor, Harry’s house, should not be disappointed as they will be offered an extra quarter of a chapter to meet prefects and learn about the “true nature” of their own house.

Rowling disclosed that she always considered Gryffindor and Slytherin to be the two closest houses and said that Harry himself could have gone into either. She said she had tested the pool of questions on her own family and each of them was sorted into the house she had predicted.

The author said that each users profile would grow as they progress through the books and add their own comments, drawings and pictures as they go. They will mix potions, challenge other users to duels and interact with various characters along the way.

Mr Nseir said: “The future will be decided by you the reader. It’s the same story but with one new addition, you.”
“Thirteen years after the first Harry Potter book was published, I am still astonished and delighted by the response the story has met. Even though the seventh book and the eighth film have now been completed, I’m still receiving hundreds of letters every week, and Harry’s fans remain as enthusiastic and inventive as ever. So I’d like to take this opportunity to say thank you, because no author could have asked for a more wonderful, diverse and loyal readership. I’m thrilled to say that I am now in a position to give you something unique; an online reading experience unlike any other. It’s called Pottermore.

“It’s the same story, with a few crucial additions - the most important one is you. Just as the experience of reading requires that the imaginations of the author and reader work together to create the story, so Pottermore will be built in part by you, the reader. The digital generation will be able to enjoy a safe, unique online experience built around the Harry Potter books. Pottermore will be the place where fans of any age can share, participate in and rediscover the stories. It will also be the exclusive place to purchase digital audio books and, for the first time, ebooks of the Harry Potter series.

“I’ll be joining in too, because I will be sharing additional information I have been hoarding for years about the world of Harry Potter. Pottermore is open to everyone from October, but a lucky few can enter early and help shape the experience. Simply follow the owl. Good luck.”

This post has been edited by Jordan-N-Torifan: Jun 24th 2011, 11:20 PM

--------------------

RIP Cory Monteith. | My Disney Tumblr.
+Quote Post
Starry_Night
post Jun 24th 2011, 4:37 PM
Post #11

Fav. Band: Coldplay

I signed up too grin.gif original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
i heart you x3
post Jun 29th 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #12

For all you Glee fans, Chris Colfer and Darren Criss have signed up for Pottermore. w00t.gif spaz.gif We could be conversing with them and not even know it! Bless you JO. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Starry_Night
post Jun 30th 2011, 6:15 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(i heart you x3 @ Jun 29th 2011, 1:29 PM) *

For all you Glee fans, Chris Colfer and Darren Criss have signed up for Pottermore. w00t.gif spaz.gif We could be conversing with them and not even know it! Bless you JO. wub.gif

laughing.gif I noticed that too happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nacosociety
post Jul 1st 2011, 4:54 PM
Post #14

“I’ll be joining in too, because I will be sharing additional information I have been hoarding for years about the world of Harry Potter."

I'm most excited about this. grin.gif But it'll be cool to know what house I'm in officially, get a wand, and all of that stuff. I just wish we didn't have to wait until October.

--------------------
this world can be ugly, but isn't it beautiful?
+Quote Post
Starry_Night
post Jul 2nd 2011, 6:59 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(nacosociety @ Jul 1st 2011, 5:54 PM) *

I'm most excited about this. grin.gif But it'll be cool to know what house I'm in officially, get a wand, and all of that stuff. I just wish we didn't have to wait until October.

haha.gif yeah, me too
it's a great birthday present for me though happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nacosociety
post Jul 30th 2011, 5:06 PM
Post #16

Tomorrowwww spaz.gif spaz.gif I really hope I get in!

--------------------
+Quote Post
kamil24
post Jul 31st 2011, 12:34 PM
Post #17

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Emily Piriz

It says "Sorry, Day 1 registration is now closed"

noexpression.gif

--------------------
Emily Piriz, Malaya Watson, Jena Irene, Jessica MeuseIPB Image
+Quote Post
nacosociety
post Jul 31st 2011, 1:11 PM
Post #18

I got in! w00t.gif

QUOTE(kamil24 @ Jul 31st 2011, 1:34 PM) *

It says "Sorry, Day 1 registration is now closed"

noexpression.gif

Yeah, they released the first clue in the middle of the night last night. Don't worry, there are still 6 more days/chances, you'll probably still get in. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Claire
post Jul 31st 2011, 2:33 PM
Post #19

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Danny Gokey
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

Are they going to release all the clues in the morning in Britain, meaning in the middle of the night in the U.S.? If so, that really sucks. noexpression.gif

--------------------
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
+Quote Post
Carrie Fanatic
post Jul 31st 2011, 2:37 PM
Post #20

Fav. SYTYCD 8: Melanie Moore

so what time exactly is it?
i heard 5 from some people and 7 from others wacko.gif

although, i don't have much of a problem waiting until october because this might be one of the last HP related releases and i kind of want to look forward to it crying.gif brokenheart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

27 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 4:15 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol