Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

26 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2010-11-29 UK: Shepherds Bush Empire, London, International Glam Nation
Little Bee
post Sep 7th 2010, 7:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif

Event Info

O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire was hailed ‘Best Venue’ for the fifth time at the Music Week Awards 2005 and was shortlisted in 2008 and 2009. The O2 Empire has been a live entertainment venue for over 100 years and is a favourite within the industry, often chosen by artists for its extraordinary level of intimacy and historic importance on the touring circuit. With a capacity of 2,000, performers can get up close and personal with their most dedicated fans. Architecturally the venue is stunning, still retaining its original design with the grandeur of its early years.

The venue holds 2000 and it is SOLD OUT

Show starts at 7:30 pm London time, 2:30pm Eastern, 1;30 pm Central, 12:30pm Mountain and 11:30 am Pacific time.

Attendees

Little Bee
Lady London
Kitten31
Flyte
Vivaldi
Fonzie

Twitters List

http://twitter.com/GlamFansUnite2/shepherdsbush

Twitter comments

Pre-show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twBqh57fMvY

Adam's Setlist

Hair & Costume

Noteworthy things

Reviews

Photos

Videos

Downloads

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 7th 2010, 7:47 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

vistadiva
post Sep 8th 2010, 5:04 AM
Post #2

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. "It ain't that deep"

LONDON, ENGLAND

IPB Image

Tonight's show is at SHEPHERD'S BUSH

London is the capital of England and the United Kingdom, the largest metropolitan area in the United Kingdom and the largest urban zone in the European Union by most measures. London has been a major settlement for two millennia, its history going back to its founding by the Romans, who called it Londinium. London has a diverse range of peoples, cultures and religions, and more than 300 languages are spoken within its boundaries. In July 2007 it had an official population of 7,556,900 within the boundaries of Greater London, making it the most populous municipality in the European Union.

London is a leading global city, with its strengths in the arts, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, finance, healthcare, media, professional services, research and development, tourism and transport all contributing to its prominence. It is the world's largest financial centre alongside New York, has the largest city GDP in Europe and is home to the headquarters of more than 100 of Europe's 500 largest companies. It is the most visited city in the world. London's five international airports make its airspace the busiest of any urban centre worldwide and London Heathrow is the world's busiest airport by number of international passengers. London's 43 universities form the largest concentration of higher education in Europe. In 2012 London will become the first city to host the Summer Olympics three times.

London contains four World Heritage Sites: the Tower of London; the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew; the site comprising the Palace of Westminster, Westminster Abbey and St. Margaret's Church; and the historic settlement of Greenwich (in which the Royal Observatory marks the Greenwich Meridian (0° longitude) and GMT). Other famous landmarks include Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, Piccadilly Circus, 30 St Mary Axe (The Gherkin), St Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge and Trafalgar Square. London is home to numerous museums, galleries, libraries, sporting events and other cultural institutions including the British Museum, National Gallery, British Library, Wimbledon and 40 theatres. London's Chinatown is the largest in Europe. The London Underground network is the oldest underground railway network in the world and the most extensive after the Shanghai Metro.

London is one of the pre-eminent financial centres of the world and vies with New York City as the most important location for international finance.

London's largest industry is finance, and its financial exports make it a large contributor to the UK's balance of payments. Around 325,000 people were employed in financial services in London until mid-2007. London has over 480 overseas banks, more than any other city in the world.

Within the City of Westminster, the entertainment district of the West End has its focus around Leicester Square, where London and world film premieres are held, and Piccadilly Circus, with its giant electronic advertisements. London's theatre district is here, as are many cinemas, bars, clubs and restaurants, including the city's Chinatown district (in Soho), and just to the east is Covent Garden, an area housing speciality shops. The United Kingdom's Royal Ballet, English National Ballet, Royal Opera and English National Opera are based in London and perform at the Royal Opera House, the London Coliseum, Sadler's Wells Theatre and the Royal Albert Hall as well as touring the country.

Islington's 1 mile (1.6 km) long Upper Street, extending northwards from the Angel, has more bars and restaurants than any other street in the UK. Europe's busiest shopping area is Oxford Street, a shopping street nearly 1 mile (1.6 km) long—which makes it the longest shopping street in the UK and home to many shops and department stores including Selfridges. Knightsbridge—home to the Harrods department store—lies just to the southwest.

London has numerous venues for rock and pop concerts, including large arenas such as Earls Court, Wembley Arena and the O2 Arena, as well as many mid-sized venues, such as Brixton Academy, Hammersmith Apollo and the Shepherd's Bush Empire. Several music festivals, including the O2 Wireless Festival, are held in London. The city is home to the first and original Hard Rock Cafe and the Abbey Road Studios where The Beatles recorded many of their hits. In the 1970s and 1980s, musicians and groups like David Bowie, Elvis Costello, Cat Stevens, Ian Dury and the Blockheads, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Madness, The Jam, The Small Faces, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Fleetwood Mac, The Police, The Cure, Squeeze and Sade, took the world by storm, deriving their sound from the streets and rhythms vibrating through London.

London was instrumental in the development of punk music, with figures such as the Sex Pistols, The Clash, and Vivienne Westwood all based in the city. More recent artists to emerge from the London music scene include Bananarama, Bush, East 17, Siouxie and the Banshees, the Spice Girls, Jamiroquai, The Libertines, Babyshambles, Bloc Party, Coldplay and Amy Winehouse. London is also a centre for urban music. In particular the genres UK garage, drum and bass, dubstep and grime evolved in the city from the foreign genres of hip hop and reggae, alongside local drum and bass. Black music station BBC 1Xtra was set up to support the rise of homegrown urban music both in London and the rest of the UK.

In the 1980s London was the main city in the new wave of British heavy metal era which made bands like Iron Maiden and Motörhead famous all around the world.

The Venue
Since 1903, O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire has been a prominent landmark on London’s entertainment scene. Designed and built by Frank Matcham as the flagship of the “Empire” chain of variety theatres, it was taken under the wing of the BBC in the 1950s and converted into a television theatre. Shows such as Crackerjack, The Old Grey Whistle Test, That’s Life, Hancock and Wogan were transmitted from there. After a £2m refit, which retained the BBC’s technical infrastructure, the Empire opened in March 1994 as a 2000 capacity live venue. The music industry embraced it from the opening concert, Soundgarden (March 12th 1994), and has consistently provided a wealth of talent in music, comedy and club nights ever since.

The O2 Empire has frequently hit the headlines with its classic concerts by internationally acclaimed stars such as David Bowie (11th and 12th August 1997), Rolling Stones (June 8th 1999), The Who (22nd and 23rd December 1999), Oasis (8th October 2001), Elton John (16th and 17th December 2002) and Bon Jovi (18th September 2002); who were also the first band at the Empire to simultaneously broadcast their show to twenty cinemas across Europe via satellite and to a global audience of more than 375,000 on the Internet.

A look at where we are tonight
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The Venue
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Forecast for tonight is High 38 / Low 27 mostly clear skies

The venue holds 2000 and it is SOLD OUT

Show starts at 7:30 pm London time, 2:30pm Eastern, 1;30 pm Central, 12:30pm Mountain and 11:30 am Pacific time.

Tonight's Twitter list
http://twitter.com/GlamFansUnite2/shepherdsbush

Same menu as the rest of the UK....if there is a menu.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Sep 8th 2010, 5:10 AM
Post #3

Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

QUOTE(Little Bee @ Sep 8th 2010, 5:04 AM) *

Got my tickets this morning w00t.gif

And for Birmingham and Manchester (altho not sure if I will go to Manc yet).

Yay! I am going too!

Your third picture in post #1 looks very exciting, Little Bee! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Vivaldi: Sep 8th 2010, 5:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TennisLover813
post Sep 8th 2010, 7:40 PM
Post #4

I tried to purchase one today and my credit card company put a hold on my account. I think they are convinced someone has stolen this card with what I'm spending on tickets these days. Hopefully I can get some at the regular sale and if anyone has an extra floor ticket let me know

--------------------
+Quote Post
kitten31
post Nov 22nd 2010, 4:59 PM
Post #5

Fav. X Factor: Rhydian

Just pm'd you TennisLover.

Getting very excited for the gig! Woohoo! Are all the usual suspect here? Or maybe you're all too busy planning your outfits! It is getting nearer! grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
sig by Debbie avi by CakeFinale
+Quote Post
Glambert4everAL
post Nov 23rd 2010, 2:15 PM
Post #6

Hey all! original.gif
If Anyone is interested in 3 ticktes to the concert in London please contact me.( : it's realy important!

This post has been edited by Glambert4everAL: Nov 23rd 2010, 2:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghosst
post Nov 28th 2010, 1:33 AM
Post #7

Omg i can't believe im off to London like in couple of hours!! So so excited! its gonna be EPIC!! w00twave.gif

--------------------
@ghosst_
+Quote Post
Little Bee
post Nov 28th 2010, 6:16 PM
Post #8

I am so tired I really don't feel 'up' for this show. I just want a day to do nothing, a recharge. The thought of hanging around for another day in the cold is so not appealing for me right now.

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post Nov 28th 2010, 6:51 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Little Bee @ Nov 28th 2010, 7:16 PM) *

I am so tired I really don't feel 'up' for this show. I just want a day to do nothing, a recharge. The thought of hanging around for another day in the cold is so not appealing for me right now.

Awwwww...so sorry you're not feeling it.

(But...could you just send him home then?? haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif )

First "Voodoo...it's voodoo" you'll be right back into it. Is Lucas going to this show also?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Little Bee
post Nov 28th 2010, 6:58 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(vistadiva @ Nov 28th 2010, 11:51 PM) *

Awwwww...so sorry you're not feeling it.

(But...could you just send him home then?? haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif )

First "Voodoo...it's voodoo" you'll be right back into it. Is Lucas going to this show also?

Yes he is and maybe that is partly why I am not feeling it. I just dont want the same thing to happen as in Manchester again. He has a M&G and is so excited about it. He has the outfit layed out on his bedroom floor - the silver top hat, L vest combo he wore in the states.

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
+Quote Post
Fonzie
post Nov 28th 2010, 7:04 PM
Post #11

Fav. AI7: David Cook

Well I'm feeling it haha.gif bounce.gif

--------------------
'Bringing the heat and the word is out
Giving you something to shout about'
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post Nov 28th 2010, 7:12 PM
Post #12

Adam is being photographed in London today by Christie Goodwin.

Here's her website.....

Photos should be uber-fantastic!!

Look who's OFFICIAL tour & album photography she's done:

Alter Bridge (USA), Andrea Bocelli (Italy), Apocalyptica (Finland), As I Lay Dying (USA),
Bachman & Turner (Canada), Black Country Communion (UK/USA), Chickenfoot (USA), Chris DeBurgh (UK), David Archuleta (USA), Europe (Sweden), The Feeling (UK), Foreigner (UK), The Fratellis (UK), Gary Numan (UK), Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds (UK), Joe Bonamassa (USA), Joe Satriani (USA), Jon Cleary (UK), Katie Melua (Georgia/UK), Kings Of Leon (USA), Kiuas (Finland), Kylie Minogue (Australia), Level 42 (UK), Madness (UK), Matt Schofield (UK), The Offspring (USA), Paul Rodgers (UK), Rage Against The Machine (USA), Seasick Steve (USA), Simon McBride (UK), Slipknot (USA), Status Quo (UK), Stratovarius (Finland), Taylor Swift (USA), Westlife (Ireland)

http://www.christiegoodwin.com/section388396.html

--------------------
+Quote Post
Little Bee
post Nov 28th 2010, 8:26 PM
Post #13

She also took pics at Heaven.

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post Nov 28th 2010, 8:36 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Little Bee @ Nov 28th 2010, 9:26 PM) *

Her work is just phenomenal!

--------------------
+Quote Post
MicheleDE
post Nov 29th 2010, 2:55 AM
Post #15

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry

QUOTE(vistadiva @ Nov 28th 2010, 7:12 PM) *

Here's her website.....

Alter Bridge (USA), Andrea Bocelli (Italy), Apocalyptica (Finland), As I Lay Dying (USA),
Bachman & Turner (Canada), Black Country Communion (UK/USA), Chickenfoot (USA), Chris DeBurgh (UK), David Archuleta (USA), Europe (Sweden), The Feeling (UK), Foreigner (UK), The Fratellis (UK), Gary Numan (UK), Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds (UK), Joe Bonamassa (USA), Joe Satriani (USA), Jon Cleary (UK), Katie Melua (Georgia/UK), Kings Of Leon (USA), Kiuas (Finland), Kylie Minogue (Australia), Level 42 (UK), Madness (UK), Matt Schofield (UK), The Offspring (USA), Paul Rodgers (UK), Rage Against The Machine (USA), Seasick Steve (USA), Simon McBride (UK), Slipknot (USA), Status Quo (UK), Stratovarius (Finland), Taylor Swift (USA), Westlife (Ireland)

Beautiful!

QUOTE(Little Bee @ Nov 28th 2010, 8:26 PM) *

were they posted?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
leothelion
post Nov 29th 2010, 3:02 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(vistadiva @ Nov 28th 2010, 7:12 PM) *

Here's her website.....

Do you know if the pictures are for a specific purpose Vista? Enquiring minds and all that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
lokelani
post Nov 29th 2010, 3:08 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(leothelion @ Nov 29th 2010, 9:02 AM) *

Do you know if the pictures are for a specific purpose Vista? Enquiring minds and all that.

Wasn't there a tweet somewhere saying that he's doing an interview with 'The Observer' today? Maybe the photos will go with it...pure speculation though wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fonzie
post Nov 29th 2010, 4:21 AM
Post #18

adamlambert Final international Glam Nation tour show tonight at Shepards Bush in London! We are gonna Kill it tonight!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fonzie
post Nov 29th 2010, 6:24 AM
Post #19

A few tweets just to keep this thread alive

feeltheweight Unloading at the front of the venue! http://twitpic.com/3bal9p

feeltheweight Yay!!! http://twitpic.com/3bakxx

Maggy_97 Can't believe people are already lining up. It's not even noon!

feeltheweight London is freezing. barricades are up already! Feeling sleeeepy. One last time glambrits! GREEN HAT = MEEEE!

This post has been edited by Fonzie: Nov 29th 2010, 7:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fonzie
post Nov 29th 2010, 7:15 AM
Post #20

Just put my glittery nail polish on original.gif

TerranceDlibra here in London for our last show of the european leg of the tour. its been an amazing journey with some amazing people heart.gif

ReneeIdolPI Long queue already! Even for m&g!

LB & Lucas are there

L_U_C_A_5 London, woop!

This post has been edited by Fonzie: Nov 29th 2010, 7:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

26 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 1:35 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol