Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

27 Pages V « < 24 25 26 27 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> David no longer with Jive
katharinekatkat
post Sep 14th 2011, 10:17 AM
Post #501

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

I completely agree. happy.gif David's songwriting is too impersonal and he needs more honesty and emotion behind his songs. He needs to tell it how it is so he can go on stage every night and really get emotional when he performs those songs. thumbsup.gif

The problem with David is that he has this soaring, painful (almost like a cry) type of voice...like it's so smooth and beauitful...but then he wants to write happy songs about stuff that is either completely unrelatable or stuff that really doesn't matter much. fear.gif His voice doesn't fit the type of songs that he wants to sing. He needs deeper/sadder and more meaningful songs so that his voice can soar.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 14th 2011, 10:17 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

dolls17
post Sep 14th 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #502

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Sep 14th 2011, 10:17 AM) *

I completely agree. happy.gif David's songwriting is too impersonal and he needs more honesty and emotion behind his songs. He needs to tell it how it is so he can go on stage every night and really get emotional when he performs those songs. thumbsup.gif

The problem with David is that he has this soaring, painful (almost like a cry) type of voice...like it's so smooth and beauitful...but then he wants to write happy songs about stuff that is either completely unrelatable or stuff that really doesn't matter much. fear.gif His voice doesn't fit the type of songs that he wants to sing. He needs deeper/sadder and more meaningful songs so that his voice can soar.

Um...at this point, he just needs more songs...period. lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SparkleStarTia
post Sep 15th 2011, 9:04 AM
Post #503

QUOTE(zanzabar @ Sep 13th 2011, 8:39 PM) *

David has said that he has never kissed or been kissed. Never been in love. So, you see, if he wrote about very personal things that most other singers write about, it would seem forced, fake, contrived. David is none of those. It's not that difficult to understand.

i think he has been in love. he just doesn't want to talk or sing about it. oh yeah, that's right, he did sing about it- ALTNOY! haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
redsky25
post Sep 15th 2011, 11:18 AM
Post #504

I don't think David's songs are unrelatable, I love listening to OSOD because his songs inspire me and make me feel good, and if you go to Amazon and read some of the comments, alot of people feel the same. I have dealt with some depression over the past few years and David's music is one of the things that has really helped me. I love the lyrics of The Other Side of Down, it's like my montra because when I am feeling a bit low this song makes me feel empowered. So I believe that David's words have more meaning in them then we realize. original.gif Have a good day all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ailyn24voices
post Sep 16th 2011, 9:26 AM
Post #505

QUOTE(SparkleStarTia @ Sep 13th 2011, 8:59 AM) *

yes, that's it! thankyou! poor david, he was probably so tired, swinging his arms around just to stay awake!

welcome original.gif yeah I love watching that video! he's so funny without knowing it... or maybe he does haha

QUOTE(tibitibi @ Sep 13th 2011, 11:15 PM) *

Well i kind of agree and disagree with Jhon at same time, so i don't see why so people became so apprehensive about a different view noexpression.gif , To me David is just too self conscious about what people gonna think if he is totally open on his lyrics with his feelings and about some situations people can relate with him, he is very private and shy still ( not the ideal to become a song-writer) so that can give the idea that he's is lacking of experience, but i think he did a good job with some of that songs and actually you can say which ones are more him and his little life worries at the time : MKOP, Who i am, Good Place, Elevator ....so to be his first big responsibility i think he took the right moment to try the song=writer side for him-self with this album, that on his words was the transition between his teen and young adult years ...with the time he'll do better of course original.gif

Oh btw when i talk about experiences , i mean moments in the life that left some emotional mark that can be overcoming sometimes..... so i guess David has some of that moment on his life.

yeah I get this! The songs on TOSOD are totally relatable, especially to me, only thing is they're not at that point where the lyrics are more detailed. But those songs that you listed... heck every song on TOSOD (well.. except Falling Stars and STR I guess) are stuff that I can liken my own personal experience with. I agree in time he will improve. He's so amazing but it's like he still has so much ahead of him it's pretty ridiculous!

Ahhh yes I love when he does that! The singing like he's crying moments (like when he sings that line in SBM where he goes 'I won't cry' ironically enough). original.gif but I don't think I'd like it if he started singing Adele-ey type songs either. Well I'd still love it because of his singing but I wouldn't love it as much as if he did a song where it has at least a little hint of positivity in it. You know at the end of the song, after he's let out all sadness. A little like MKOP where he shows both sides of the situation, the positive and the sad sides. That's what I expect from him I guess, because he seems like the kind of person who would try to be optimistic in a bad situation. But of course if he can't find the light at the end of the tunnel it's okay too. The most important thing is for him to be able to express himself.

QUOTE(redsky25 @ Sep 15th 2011, 11:18 AM) *

I don't think David's songs are unrelatable, I love listening to OSOD because his songs inspire me and make me feel good, and if you go to Amazon and read some of the comments, alot of people feel the same. I have dealt with some depression over the past few years and David's music is one of the things that has really helped me. I love the lyrics of The Other Side of Down, it's like my montra because when I am feeling a bit low this song makes me feel empowered. So I believe that David's words have more meaning in them then we realize. original.gif Have a good day all.

that's really awesome. grin.gif TOSOD has definitely helped me a lot too.

--------------------
the shadow proves the sunshine.
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Sep 16th 2011, 11:32 AM
Post #506

QUOTE(redsky25 @ Sep 15th 2011, 12:18 PM) *

A lot of songs like Stomping the Roses, Look Around, Parachutes and Airplanes, and Elevator are completely unrelatable for most people. ermm.gif However, songs like Good Place, Complain, Things Are Gonna Get Better, and Other Side of Down are much better lyric wise and are much more mature and meaningful songs. wub.gif

And it's okay to have a few fun songs on the album. I love Stomping the Roses, but the type of voice that David has matched more serious material. Deeper and more meaningful songs is where David can really soar with his vocals. heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
roare
post Sep 16th 2011, 1:44 PM
Post #507

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Sep 16th 2011, 12:32 PM) *

A lot of songs like Stomping the Roses, Look Around, Parachutes and Airplanes, and Elevator are completely unrelatable for most people. ermm.gif However, songs like Good Place, Complain, Things Are Gonna Get Better, and Other Side of Down are much better lyric wise and are much more mature and meaningful songs. wub.gif

It's nice that you've elected yourself as the spokesperson for "most people".

--------------------
+Quote Post
SparkleStarTia
post Sep 16th 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #508

QUOTE(roare @ Sep 16th 2011, 1:44 PM) *

and then i fell in love with heart.gif david heart.gif and EVERYTHING changed. no turning back now even if i want to

--------------------
+Quote Post
JORDAN_FAN
post Sep 16th 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #509

Fav. AJ:JordanMcCoy AI3:JohnStevens

QUOTE(redsky25 @ Sep 15th 2011, 12:18 PM) *

thumbsup.gif That's why I love that album so much. It is uplifting and positive. yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
~*Daniela*~
post Sep 16th 2011, 11:03 PM
Post #510

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. idol ever: DAVID ARCHULETA<3

*pops in* i loved the second album yes.gif heart.gif it had a lot of amazing songs and great lyrics. I do believe as he gets older he'll learn to find a balance. I'm excited to see how his style develops.

--------------------
Met The Script 9/7/11 | Archuleta for life | "Being good isn't good enough"
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Sep 17th 2011, 1:51 PM
Post #511

QUOTE(roare @ Sep 16th 2011, 2:44 PM) *

Okay. ermm.gif Not what I meant at all. wacko.gif

What I meant was that the subjects he talks about aren't usually subjects that most people would relate to. wink.gif Their's no real substance that would really affect a typical person.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
roare
post Sep 18th 2011, 1:53 AM
Post #512

And how do you figure that?

Stomping the Roses is about a person that pisses you off.

Look Around is about appreciating your life.

Parachutes and Airplanes is about being incredibly happy whenever you're around someone.

Elevator is about life being trying but sticking it out anyway.

Not exactly horribly uncommon life situations. Perhaps you can't relate and that's fine but making such a grand statement like "most people can't relate to these songs!" is a pretty silly thing to do. I find Stomping the Roses and Parachutes and Airplanes to be two of the most relatable songs on the CD, personally.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SparkleStarTia
post Sep 18th 2011, 1:01 PM
Post #513

QUOTE(roare @ Sep 18th 2011, 2:53 AM) *

And how do you figure that?

Stomping the Roses is about a person that pisses you off.

Look Around is about appreciating your life.

Parachutes and Airplanes is about being incredibly happy whenever you're around someone.

Elevator is about life being trying but sticking it out anyway.

Not exactly horribly uncommon life situations. Perhaps you can't relate and that's fine but making such a grand statement like "most people can't relate to these songs!" is a pretty silly thing to do. I find Stomping the Roses and Parachutes and Airplanes to be two of the most relatable songs on the CD, personally.

[color=#FF6600]i think they are relatable in a nice light and fluffy way kinda like marshmallow, it's pretty and tastes good but not a whole lot of substance but still enjoyable. one thing i do wish david would do but i know he won't dang it. tell us the story behind ALTNOY

This post has been edited by SparkleStarTia: Sep 18th 2011, 2:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Archie023
post Sep 19th 2011, 6:58 PM
Post #514

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Sep 16th 2011, 12:32 PM) *

And it's okay to have a few fun songs on the album. I love Stomping the Roses, but the type of voice that David has matched more serious material. Deeper and more meaningful songs is where David can really soar with his vocals. heart.gif

I haven't been here in while, & I felt like stopping by. I just lurk more than anything now.

Anyway, completely agreed! I don't think it's unfair or wrong to assume most people don't relate to those songs. They probably don't. NO, they're not bad songs. I'm a David fan to the very end & will always support everything he does; those songs just don't exactly scream relatability. He is much better than some of the material on this album. That said, I think the songs were great & his vocals superb per the usual.

I think the bonus tracks on the Asian edition of TOSOD are incredible. "Wait" is one of his best songs to date IMO, as well as "Notice Me" - both are songs I've introduced to some very anti-David friends, & even they agreed those would be hits on the radio & wanted me to send them MP3s to put the songs on their iPods. All three friends asked why they weren't released here, as well as said either of the two could be his next single. I'm in complete agreement. While I'm glad those were special releases for Asian fans, I think they would've done well in other markets as well. It seems they have a knack for making some of his best songs bonus tracks, unfortunately (i.e. "Waiting for Yesterday").

On a side note, I can't wait for the tour announcement! I also hope he'll clear up his January leaving/not leaving issue soon. That needs to happen.

--------------------
+Quote Post
dolls17
post Sep 19th 2011, 9:48 PM
Post #515

QUOTE(Archie023 @ Sep 19th 2011, 6:58 PM) *

On a side note, I can't wait for the tour announcement! I also hope he'll clear up his January leaving/not leaving issue soon. That needs to happen.

If he's leaving, I don't think he's been given the OK to announce it yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
zanzabar
post Sep 23rd 2011, 4:26 AM
Post #516

QUOTE(SparkleStarTia @ Sep 15th 2011, 7:04 AM) *

i think he has been in love. he just doesn't want to talk or sing about it. oh yeah, that's right, he did sing about it- ALTNOY! haha.gif

Heehee

--------------------
+Quote Post
redsky25
post Sep 23rd 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #517

I know this is totally of topic but would anyone be so kind as to give me the links for the top 1000 pop albums and pop songs on Itunes? I had the links until last nite when I had to clean my computer up and they got erased. I was on the phone with techs for 2 hrs and I still can't play any vids on youtube without my internet explorer restarting itself! Guess I have to call them again!! unsure.gif Thanks guys!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Susan_M.
post Sep 24th 2011, 1:11 AM
Post #518

QUOTE(redsky25 @ Sep 23rd 2011, 9:07 AM) *

I know this is totally of topic but would anyone be so kind as to give me the links for the top 1000 pop albums and pop songs on Itunes? I had the links until last nite when I had to clean my computer up and they got erased. I was on the phone with techs for 2 hrs and I still can't play any vids on youtube without my internet explorer restarting itself! Guess I have to call them again!! unsure.gif Thanks guys!

I was hoping these would come in handy someday. Here you go! original.gif

[Top 1000 pop albums] - http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/W...it=0000/rss.xml
[Top 1000 pop songs] - http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/W...it=0000/rss.xml

--------------------
+Quote Post
redsky25
post Sep 24th 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #519

Thank you so much Susan! original.gif bye1.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
dj525
post Sep 24th 2011, 12:11 PM
Post #520

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. Loyal to David Archuleta!

QUOTE(dolls17 @ Sep 19th 2011, 9:48 PM) *

If he's leaving, I don't think he's been given the OK to announce it yet.
Just want to say that I miss all the fun and angst that used to be here and I miss David!! Also....am kinda behind in the news...where is he going in January?? Thanks.

--------------------
+Quote Post

27 Pages V « < 24 25 26 27 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 28th 2014, 11:56 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol