Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

949 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ~~Official~~ General Discussion for Trespassing
islandgirljams
post Dec 5th 2010, 1:10 AM
Post #61

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

THOUGHT THIS ARTICLE HAD SOME GREAT INFORMATION, AND GIVEN HOW MUCH WE ARE ANTICIPATING HIS NEW ALBUM, I THOUGHT THIS WAS RELEVANT flowers.gif

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_dis...81b0d5e7229a284

Analysis: Here's Why Kanye West’s New Album Was $3.99 at Amazon
December 03, 2010 - Digital and Mobile | Retail

By Glenn Peoples

Last week the Village Voice picked up on a thought-provoking topic: using music as a loss-leader. This was a big topic in the ‘00s as mass merchants, freed from labels’ minimum advertised price rules, used cheap CDs to lure customers who would ostensibly go on to buy dishwashers, iPods and television sets. Now, as Amazon.com uses low-priced MP3 albums to drive traffic, the topic is hot once again.

Unfortunately, the Voice got it all wrong. It overplayed Amazon.com’s market share, overestimates the damage being done by temporary sale prices, and misunderstands the nuts and bolts of music distribution.
Here’s a fairly representative blurb from the post about Amazon.com’s $3.99 sale price given to the album download of Kanye West’s new album, “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy”:

“There was a lot of speculation, earlier in the month, that West would look to do whatever he could to match or beat the woman with whom he's spent the last year inextricably linked. And now--after the stellar reviews have come in, capped, we should note, by a perfect 10.0 on Pitchfork today--we know just how badly West wants it… The fact that West… is employing the same tactic that struggling indies have used this year to insert themselves into the conversation is indication of just how desperately he wants to sell a bunch of records this week.”

The post has many problems that can easily give people a warped view of how distribution and retail actually works. Let’s set the record straight. (And let’s set aside any argument that artists and labels are desperate to sell records, or that this desire to reach the top of the album chart is new to the industry. There has always been heated competition to achieve a No. 1 album, and artists and labels have long gone to great lengths to sell their music. Nothing new there.)

-- Artists and labels are not always active participants in Amazon.com’s Daily Deals. Labels often do promotions with Amazon.com and may cut Amazon.com a price break for taking a catalog title or less popular new release for a Daily Deal special. However, Daily Deal specials for the more popular titles are a separate matter.

Think Island Def Jam and West organized this $3.99 sale price as some sort of promotion? Go to both KanyeWest.com and IslandDefJam.com and check the buy links for West’s new album. Both sites link to iTunes, not Amazon.com. Neither site even mentions the Amazon.com sale. That’s the surest sign that Amazon.com acted alone. But there’s more: West’s Twitter page doesn’t mention his new album while Def Jam Recordings’ Twitter page has daily links to the album’s iTunes page. There’s no mention of Amazon.com at either.

-- Low prices at Amazon.com are hardly “the go-to strategy for making a sales splash in 2010,” as the Voice claims. Amazon.com’s MP3 store just doesn’t have enough market share – about 2% of the market – to be responsible for any high chart appearance. That’s just a fraction of the 28% market share Billboard currently estimates for iTunes.
In reality, West would have debuted at No. 1 without Amazon.com sales. A source tells Billboard “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” sold 59,000 digital albums through Amazon.com. That’s a very solid number, but it’s only about 26% of the album’s digital sales. Remove Amazon.com’s MP3 sales and West still would have sold 62,000 more the No. 2 album, “Pink Friday” by Ninky Minaj.

-- To get to No. 1 on the album chart, CD sales and iTunes sales are vital. Amazon.com alone can’t do it. Look no further than Kid Rock, whose latest album, “Born Free,” is not available at iTunes. In its first week, digital sales account for just 12% of “Born Free” sales even though it was on sale for $3.99 at Amazon.com. Without the help of iTunes, “Born Free” was only the fifth best selling digital album of the week. Because of its strong CD sales, however, it was fifth on the overall album chart and beat out three of the four titles that had better digital sales.

In contrast, Rihanna’s “Loud” was priced at $3.99 when it came out the same week as “Born Free.” But “Loud” was also available at iTunes. It sold 54,000 more digital albums than “Born Free” and finished higher (No. 2) on the album chart.

-- Amazon.com’s loss leader strategy works best when it sale prices winners. It doesn’t choose unheralded albums and turn an album into a chart topper by itself.

Perhaps the Voice noticed the following correlation: Arcade Fire’s “Suburbs” and Vampire Weekend’s “Contra” both debuted at No. 1 and both were sold low sale price by Amazon.com’s MP3 store. But that’s just correlation. Even so, the Voice says “Letting Amazon sell their record for $3.99 took both the Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend to #1.”

There were sensible reasons why Amazon.com chose to give low sale prices to those albums. Arcade fire sold out two shows at Madison Square Garden right before the album was released. One of those shows has broadcast live on Vevo. Similarly, Vampire Weekend received a great amount of press.

-- Sticking with Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend, there are two factors behind their No. 1 debuts that have nothing to do with digital sales. First, both could not have happened without physical sales. CDs and LPs accounted for 46% of Arcade Fire’s first week sales and 51% of Vampire Weekend’s. Indie retail was particularly strong for both titles.

Second, and most importantly, both albums were released during slow weeks. Vampire Weekend came out on January 10th and had mostly 2009 leftovers to battle for No. 1 (Susan Boyle was No. 2 with a paltry 77,000 units). Arcade Fire barely beat Eminem’s “Relapse” in its eighth week of release, and that week’s third-best album sold just 45,000 units. If either Arcade Fire or Vampire Weekend tried to go up against Kid Rock, Taylor Swift, Susan Boyle, Lil’ Wayne, Usher, Kenny Chesney, Disturbed or Justin Bieber in their debut week, neither would have reached No. 1.
Share on LinkedInSAVE | EMAIL | PRINT | RSS | REPRINTS | Share

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 5th 2010, 1:10 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Crazyadamfan09
post Dec 5th 2010, 8:18 PM
Post #62

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Artist: Rihanna

I just wanna know at least one producer or songwriter who's working on the new album.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dari
post Dec 6th 2010, 3:46 AM
Post #63

Monte talks about Adam's second album in this interview.
http://glambee.wordpress.com/monte/inrockpop3/

Monte Pittman

An exclusive interview of Adam’ band member, Monte Pittman
Interview by Ai Anazawa

Monte Pittman is a music director and a guitar player for Adam Lambert. He moved to LA when he felt a limitation to his music career in Texas where he grew up. He stumbled to become a guitar teacher to Guy Ritchie, a film director, a former husband of Madonna. This has lead for him to become a guitar teacher of Madonna and then onto a guitarist for her tour. He formed a band “Citizen Vein” with Adam in LA and they are highly compatible in their music taste. We can look forward to their collaboration on Adam’s 2nd album.

Q: You are not just a guitarist for Adam’s band but also a music director, right?
M: Yes, I also do a back up vocal.

Q: Compare to touring with Madonna, are you more relaxed including your off time?
M: Not really. Since I am a music director, I have more responsibilities. But we have wonderful band members and the crew and that really helps. Without my direction, they can come up with their own cool tunes.

Q: What is your responsibility as a music director?
M: I’m responsible for the all the aspect of the band and the music they play. And I’m like an instigator.

Q: Let us hear about your past. You’ve moved to LA in 1999?
M: Yeah, I moved from a small town in Texas in December of 1999. I had a band in Texas, making cool music and had the following, but it was hard to expand beyond that like getting a record deal. Plus country music dominates that part of US and it’s hard to play as a hard rock band. So I decided to move to LA where my cousin lived then. I felt fitting right in LA and living there since then. Living in a small town, you don’t have much choice in music career other than working at a music store. I was doing pretty well as a guitar teacher, but I wanted do more.

Q: Were you thinking of making a living as a tour musician then?
M: Of course. I’ve always wanted to go on a tour. That was my main goal, play great music on tour.

Q: Do you think of becoming a solo artist?
M: When I’m not working with Madonna, I was making my own music and had released a solo album. It’s available on iTunes and getting a good review. More than I expected. I’m confident that I can be on my own to continue my music career.

Q: The solo album is the acoustic album “the deepest dark”, right?
M: Yeah! You know it? This is my first Monte Pittman album and the reason for being all acoustic is that so I can play them all anytime, any where. If I book a gig, I can do them all on my own. If you have a band and trying to book a gig, you always have to ask “Are you available on this day?” I usually get an answer that “Oh, sorry I’ve got something else going on that day”. In LA, many are involved in several bands so it’s hard to coordinate everyone’s schedule. Everyone is trying to make a living so cannot be helped.

Q: The band “Citizen vein” with Adam was like that, too?
M: While working with Madonna, I was involved with another band Prong, but I wanted to make a rock band. So I asked one of my friends who is also a great singer to see if he knew a good male vocalist for a rock band and Adam’s name came up. Coincidentally I had another friend who knew Adam and he suggested that I should hook up with Adam, too. So I went to see Adam singing at Zodiac show and I was blown away. I had once auditioned for a band that was organized by Chris Cornell. It was cool to jam with Chris but I remember thinking “Adam is better than Chris”, lol. This is strictly my personal opinion and Chris is my hero but I couldn’t help it. All of Adam’s old friends knew that once he gets on the show (AI), rest with be a history.

Q: I totally agree with that, lol. Did you hit it right off with Adam?
M: That’s the interesting part. We have a lot of similarities but whenever I say something to him, he comes back with totally the opposite. Maybe that’s why the magic is there.

Q: Adam had mentioned that you are his inspiration. How’s his new album coming along?
M: Yes, I have a few songs written already and he’s picking the one he likes. We are working on a demo right now. Not sure which direction we are going yet. Actually we really wanted to make a song together for his first album. I’m really hoping that we can do it for the 2nd one.

Q: How do you want the 2nd album to be? Would it be different from the first one?
M: It’s hard to say. We can start off with one direction and end up with a different one. What’s important is to come up with great songs.

Q: But compared to the first album where many song writers have collaborated, Adam is counting on you to be closely involved with 2nd one, right?
M: Yeah, but we may use other song writers pieces, too. I’ve been writing rock, funky, sexy and acoustic tunes. I have Adam in mind when I write songs but end up with something Madonna would sing. Songs when she was more into rock, lol.

Q: I have a question from your fan. Is there a change in yourself since you’ve joined in with Adam?
M: People often comment now like “Oh, you’ve got earring on, painted your nails, and changed your hair…” It’s been a while since I experimented with myself, lol.

Q: Have you tried to Glam yourself up before?
M: No, never put a make-up before. But where everyone else in the band got make-up on, I have to fit in too, lol.

Q: You had twin babies born this year. Has it been hard to be away from them on the tour?
M: Yes, but I get to go home every 2 to 3 weeks on off time.

Q: Is there anything you hesitate to say to Adam?
M: No. I can say anything to Adam and he does that to me, too. He’s very open.

Q: You’ve said Adam is a loyal friend. What do you mean by that?
M: He’s a kind of guy who will be friend for life. He never tries to use you while pretending to be your friend. He has no ulterior motives. He’s a kind of a guy who will be there for you when you need a friend.

This post has been edited by Dari: Dec 6th 2010, 3:48 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
leothelion
post Dec 6th 2010, 4:43 AM
Post #64

QUOTE(Dari @ Dec 6th 2010, 3:46 AM) *

Monte talks about Adam's second album in this interview.
http://glambee.wordpress.com/monte/inrockpop3/
Monte Pittman

An exclusive interview of Adam’ band member, Monte Pittman
Interview by Ai Anazawa
Monte Pittman is a music director and a guitar player for Adam Lambert. He moved to LA when he felt a limitation to his music career in Texas where he grew up. He stumbled to become a guitar teacher to Guy Ritchie, a film director, a former husband of Madonna. This has lead for him to become a guitar teacher of Madonna and then onto a guitarist for her tour. He formed a band “Citizen Vein” with Adam in LA and they are highly compatible in their music taste. We can look forward to their collaboration on Adam’s 2nd album.

Q: You are not just a guitarist for Adam’s band but also a music director, right?
M: Yes, I also do a back up vocal.

Q: Compare to touring with Madonna, are you more relaxed including your off time?
M: Not really. Since I am a music director, I have more responsibilities. But we have wonderful band members and the crew and that really helps. Without my direction, they can come up with their own cool tunes.

Q: What is your responsibility as a music director?
M: I’m responsible for the all the aspect of the band and the music they play. And I’m like an instigator.

Q: Let us hear about your past. You’ve moved to LA in 1999?
M: Yeah, I moved from a small town in Texas in December of 1999. I had a band in Texas, making cool music and had the following, but it was hard to expand beyond that like getting a record deal. Plus country music dominates that part of US and it’s hard to play as a hard rock band. So I decided to move to LA where my cousin lived then. I felt fitting right in LA and living there since then. Living in a small town, you don’t have much choice in music career other than working at a music store. I was doing pretty well as a guitar teacher, but I wanted do more.

Q: Were you thinking of making a living as a tour musician then?
M: Of course. I’ve always wanted to go on a tour. That was my main goal, play great music on tour.

Q: Do you think of becoming a solo artist?
M: When I’m not working with Madonna, I was making my own music and had released a solo album. It’s available on iTunes and getting a good review. More than I expected. I’m confident that I can be on my own to continue my music career.

Q: The solo album is the acoustic album “the deepest dark”, right?
M: Yeah! You know it? This is my first Monte Pittman album and the reason for being all acoustic is that so I can play them all anytime, any where. If I book a gig, I can do them all on my own. If you have a band and trying to book a gig, you always have to ask “Are you available on this day?” I usually get an answer that “Oh, sorry I’ve got something else going on that day”. In LA, many are involved in several bands so it’s hard to coordinate everyone’s schedule. Everyone is trying to make a living so cannot be helped.

Q: The band “Citizen vein” with Adam was like that, too?
M: While working with Madonna, I was involved with another band Prong, but I wanted to make a rock band. So I asked one of my friends who is also a great singer to see if he knew a good male vocalist for a rock band and Adam’s name came up. Coincidentally I had another friend who knew Adam and he suggested that I should hook up with Adam, too. So I went to see Adam singing at Zodiac show and I was blown away. I had once auditioned for a band that was organized by Chris Cornell. It was cool to jam with Chris but I remember thinking “Adam is better than Chris”, lol. This is strictly my personal opinion and Chris is my hero but I couldn’t help it. All of Adam’s old friends knew that once he gets on the show (AI), rest with be a history.

Q: I totally agree with that, lol. Did you hit it right off with Adam?
M: That’s the interesting part. We have a lot of similarities but whenever I say something to him, he comes back with totally the opposite. Maybe that’s why the magic is there.

Q: Adam had mentioned that you are his inspiration. How’s his new album coming along?
M: Yes, I have a few songs written already and he’s picking the one he likes. We are working on a demo right now. Not sure which direction we are going yet. Actually we really wanted to make a song together for his first album. I’m really hoping that we can do it for the 2nd one.

Q: How do you want the 2nd album to be? Would it be different from the first one?
M: It’s hard to say. We can start off with one direction and end up with a different one. What’s important is to come up with great songs.

Q: But compared to the first album where many song writers have collaborated, Adam is counting on you to be closely involved with 2nd one, right?
M: Yeah, but we may use other song writers pieces, too. I’ve been writing rock, funky, sexy and acoustic tunes. I have Adam in mind when I write songs but end up with something Madonna would sing. Songs when she was more into rock, lol.

Q: I have a question from your fan. Is there a change in yourself since you’ve joined in with Adam?
M: People often comment now like “Oh, you’ve got earring on, painted your nails, and changed your hair…” It’s been a while since I experimented with myself, lol.

Q: Have you tried to Glam yourself up before?
M: No, never put a make-up before. But where everyone else in the band got make-up on, I have to fit in too, lol.

Q: You had twin babies born this year. Has it been hard to be away from them on the tour?
M: Yes, but I get to go home every 2 to 3 weeks on off time.

Q: Is there anything you hesitate to say to Adam?
M: No. I can say anything to Adam and he does that to me, too. He’s very open.

Q: You’ve said Adam is a loyal friend. What do you mean by that?
M: He’s a kind of guy who will be friend for life. He never tries to use you while pretending to be your friend. He has no ulterior motives. He’s a kind of a guy who will be there for you when you need a friend.

I love this interview with Monte. It is enlightening too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Dec 6th 2010, 9:32 AM
Post #65

QUOTE(leothelion @ Dec 6th 2010, 4:43 AM) *

I love this interview with Monte. It is enlightening too.

He is very loyal to Adam. Wonderful to hear. I love it! Funk, rock, acoustic, sexy 2nd cd - yes!!!!!!

This post has been edited by Adam_Fan_Forever: Dec 6th 2010, 9:32 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
claysscgirl
post Dec 6th 2010, 9:52 AM
Post #66

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken

Great interview with Monte. I had to giggle about the "ending up with something Madonna would sing" part. haha.gif

I sure hope we get a couple of acoustic songs on album #2.

I just love their friendship and they sure make an awesome musical team!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tiki'srose
post Dec 6th 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #67

QUOTE(claysscgirl @ Dec 6th 2010, 9:52 AM) *

Great interview with Monte. I had to giggle about the "ending up with something Madonna would sing" part. haha.gif

I sure hope we get a couple of acoustic songs on album #2.

I just love their friendship and they sure make an awesome musical team!

I had to giggle too with what Monte said. haha.gif So cute!

I just hope and pray that whatever songs are on his new album they let his vocals be up front without all that other orchestrated stuff. He doesn't need it. I would like to see some rock on this cd as well as he is so awesome at rockin it out. original.gif

I can't believe that Mutt Lange is not putting it out that he wants to work with Adam. sad.gif That man is incredible and there would be no question of Adam having a #1 hit that would go viral world wide.

I hope now that Adam has a Grammy nomination and he hears Adams incredible vocal on his ep he will want to do so. He is missing out on a great opportunity to work with Adam's out of this world vocals. grin.gif

This ep is out of this world. I would love it if he would someday put out a whole album that is totally. wub.gif acoustic

This post has been edited by Tiki'srose: Dec 6th 2010, 11:21 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
islandgirljams
post Dec 29th 2010, 11:52 PM
Post #68

Lifting this directly from Adamtopia, great info!! here's there direct link from Q3 flowers.gif http://adamtopia.proforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=408

A couple more hints about Adam #2
12.29.10 by Q3

A couple more hints about collaborators on Adam #2 have surfaced.

1. Adam is now following @GregKurstin on Twitter. Greg Kurstin is a regular in the RCA/Jive Records stable of producer-songwriters. His production and songwriting credits include:

* 2010: Kesha - Cannibal - RCA Records
* 2010: Mike Posner - 31 Minutes to Takeoff
* 2010: DEVO - Something For Everybody
* 2010: Sia - We Are Born
* 2010: Marina and the Diamonds - The Family Jewels - 679 Recordings "Oh No!"
* 2010: Kesha - Animal - RCA Records
* 2009: Kris Allen - Kris Allen - Jive Records "Before We Come Undone"
* 2009: Little Boots - Hands - 679 Recordings "New in Town", "Earthquake", "Stuck on Repeat", "Meddle", "Mathematics"
* 2009: Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You – Parlophone

Of special note: Greg Kurstin has worked with one of my favorite bands, The Flaming Lips. He is known for not letting the production overwhelm the artist and for producing popular music that has a rock edge.

2. J. (Jeff) Solomon has posted on his website that he is working with Adam Lambert. This is a bit of a left-field choice and makes me optimistic that we have some surprises coming on Adam 2.

Solomon is a Los Angeles-based songwriter-producer who is not well known and has primarily worked with indie artists. He is just breaking through right now, or not. It all depends on if he can produce some hit songs.

You can listen to 2 of his tracks here: http://www.thesunflowermotel.com/?page_id=80

So my 2cents, i'm super excited about Greg Kurstin, i'm a huge SIA fan and obviously Adam is as well. In many of his comments about her, he mentions how her recordings really let her voice shine through and convey her emotions without being overproduced. I've watched the "making of" We Are Born by Sia, and Greg seems like SUCH a laid back dude, whose really there for the artist.

By other sure fire bet is Greg Wells, they are the mutual admiration society tongue.gif with each other. Greg seems like a great songwriting partner for Adam!

This post has been edited by islandgirljams: May 30th 2011, 11:39 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Dec 30th 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #69

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

QUOTE(islandgirljams @ Dec 29th 2010, 11:52 PM) *

Lifting this directly from Adamtopia, great info!! here's there direct link from Q3 flowers.gif http://adamtopia.proforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=408
A couple more hints about Adam #2
12.29.10 by Q3

A couple more hints about collaborators on Adam #2 have surfaced.

1. Adam is now following @GregKurstin on Twitter. Greg Kurstin is a regular in the RCA/Jive Records stable of producer-songwriters. His production and songwriting credits include:

* 2010: Kesha - Cannibal - RCA Records
* 2010: Mike Posner - 31 Minutes to Takeoff
* 2010: DEVO - Something For Everybody
* 2010: Sia - We Are Born
* 2010: Marina and the Diamonds - The Family Jewels - 679 Recordings "Oh No!"
* 2010: Kesha - Animal - RCA Records
* 2009: Kris Allen - Kris Allen - Jive Records "Before We Come Undone"
* 2009: Little Boots - Hands - 679 Recordings "New in Town", "Earthquake", "Stuck on Repeat", "Meddle", "Mathematics"
* 2009: Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You – Parlophone

Of special note: Greg Kurstin has worked with one of my favorite bands, The Flaming Lips. He is known for not letting the production overwhelm the artist and for producing popular music that has a rock edge.

2. J. (Jeff) Solomon has posted on his website that he is working with Adam Lambert. This is a bit of a left-field choice and makes me optimistic that we have some surprises coming on Adam 2.

Solomon is a Los Angeles-based songwriter-producer who is not well known and has primarily worked with indie artists. He is just breaking through right now, or not. It all depends on if he can produce some hit songs.

You can listen to 2 of his tracks here: http://www.thesunflowermotel.com/?page_id=80

So my 2cents, i'm super excited about Greg Kurstin, i'm a huge SIA fan and obviously Adam is as well. In many of his comments about her, he mentions how her recordings really let her voice shine through and convey her emotions without being overproduced. I've watched the "making of" We Are Born by Sia, and Greg seems like SUCH a laid back dude, whose really there for the artist.

By other sure fire bet is Greg Wells, they are the mutual admiration society tongue.gif with each other. Greg seems like a great songwriting partner for Adam!

I have no clue who any of these people are, but I'm loving the onset of 'rumored collabs' on album 2.

Bring it on!!!!

WOOT!!!

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Dec 30th 2010, 9:11 AM
Post #70

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Dec 30th 2010, 12:00 AM) *

I have no clue who any of these people are, but I'm loving the onset of 'rumored collabs' on album 2.

Bring it on!!!!

WOOT!!!

Me too! I love this kinda sh*t! w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
islandgirljams
post Dec 30th 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #71

QUOTE(Adam_Fan_Forever @ Dec 30th 2010, 7:11 AM) *

Me too! I love this kinda sh*t! w00t.gif

oh! good then!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
svca
post Dec 31st 2010, 9:44 PM
Post #72

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Nov 18th 2010, 1:39 PM) *

Update :

"Somebody To Love Me" is now on the A List of BBC Radio 1's Playlist in the UK.

I hope Boy George will find success again with this track. original.gif

Good God, what happened to Bo George's voice? I used to love his songs. His voice is so trashed now.

sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Jan 2nd 2011, 11:26 AM
Post #73

Not much going on in here so I thought I'd bring this blog over. I don't agree with the touring comments (opening up for more established artists - Adam is a headliner!) but the rest is pretty good.

http://yourmamakath.blogspot.com/2011/01/l...ystal-ball.html

Looking into the Adam Lambert crystal ball

With the upsurge of artists such as Kylie Minogue, Robyn, Goldfrappe, Scissor Sisters, Florence & The Machine and Mark Ronson in 2010 and the recognition of Her Ladyship the GodGa, the way is opened for Adam Lambert to really hit his stride in 2011. Sharing Grammy nom listings with La Roux, Muse and Max Martin adds fuel to the fire that has the potential to burn bright for many years. The Glamnation Tour and For Your Entertainment are under his belt now. Now is the time to settle into finding his real niche, create and record a new album and then earn some genuine street cred.

Let’s break it down. Adam Lambert’s sophomore album will be the next big step. He’s said it should drop “this summer”. Considering tour wrapped on December 16th and he had no more appearances scheduled, with holiday breaks, the process can start as soon as next week. Lambert has also stated in many interviews that there will be a lot more time put into this album, as it does not have the constraints of his debut disc so RCA is probably working toward a May or June release. Other things he has discussed are having done some writing on the road with members of his band and some of the sounds he is considering. It would be a wise move to continue moving in the vein of Gaga, Pink, Muse, My Chemical Romance and other artists who walk the line between alt and pop. His voice has so much flexibility which when combined with his lack of fear of trying new things can be taken into a world of combining rock, electronica, club, prog and glam for something completely different. Previous collaborations that can (and should) be explored deeper are GaGa, Matt Belamy, Sam Sparro, Evan Bogart and Greg Wells. New ones that should be added? Jake Shears, Brian Molko, the Leto brothers and Chris Corner. That dark electronica along with melodies that allow for the vocal acrobatics that are Adam’s signature are the kinds of sounds that can crossover numerous radio station formats and other fanbases.

It is this growth of listeners that is crucial to Adam Lambert attaining the type of longevity he deserves. The record that he puts out is only part of the equation. There is also the process of continued cultivation of fans. He knew early on that he needed to move beyond Idol-verse. Lambert has been both diligent and shrewd about distancing himself from the 19E juggernaut that he used to get the exposure he’d been seeking for a decade. Little things like polite “thanks but no thanks” included in interview questions, smoking weed on stage in Amsterdam (yes, it was totally legal and actually pretty tame when it comes to being ‘rock-n-roll’), and mentioning how the Grammy nomination gives him more true industry recognition have all resulted in indignant responses from some fans to the point of them walking (storming) away from Camp Glam. But as any gardener or farmer knows, you have to get rid of the weeds and sometimes even do a controlled-burn of the field to produce a rich, healthy crop in future harvests.

This culling will really come into play when tours for the new album are being planned. As mentioned at the outset of this dissertation, Adam needs to build some serious credentials as a real musician not a manufactured prima dona. This will mean doing tours as an opening act not a headliner this time around. If 19E keeps the 2-4K ‘seat’ sized venues or even attempts to move him into small arenas (4-8K) with other established acts as openers, he may meet with resentment from their fans. His is still a rookie in the sense that he hasn’t earned that tour bus or the headliner slot minus the Idol affiliation yet. If he is the opening act then fans of the headliners will be more willing to give him a chance. There are already cross-overs from the My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds to Mars, Placebo and Scissor Sisters worlds that need to be courted. Lambert would definitely be a good match for LaRoux and IAMX’s fans based on the sounds of FYE and if he continues with mixture of genres he’s been playing with.

There will be a great deal of speculation and discussion over the next four to six months. Anyone who has been paying even the slightest attention can attest to the fact that Adam Lambert is full of surprises. It’s not to say that he is completely unpredictable, as he has already proved himself to be a savvy businessperson who calls upon ten years experience, industry connections and just gut instinct on a regular basis to build his future. It can only be hoped that the label and management will not do something so foolish as to say “ok, we let you make your record, now you’re going to make ours” and steer him down either the crooner or classic rocker roads. Having a very bad track record of sabotaging idols either with lack of backline support and/or poor directing of their musical content only to drop them by the wayside to fend for themselves, one's skepticism is understandable. The wise move would be to encourage Lambert to create something as commercially successful as For Your Entertainment, book him onto good tours and at the end of the day have a nice little bankroll of residuals from two records and the profit made from the sale of his contract.

This post has been edited by Adam_Fan_Forever: Jan 2nd 2011, 11:28 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
islandgirljams
post Jan 2nd 2011, 11:41 AM
Post #74

QUOTE(Adam_Fan_Forever @ Jan 2nd 2011, 9:26 AM) *

Not much going on in here so I thought I'd bring this blog over. I don't agree with the touring comments (opening up for more established artists - Adam is a headliner!) but the rest is pretty good.

http://yourmamakath.blogspot.com/2011/01/l...ystal-ball.html

Looking into the Adam Lambert crystal ball

With the upsurge of artists such as Kylie Minogue, Robyn, Goldfrappe, Scissor Sisters, Florence & The Machine and Mark Ronson in 2010 and the recognition of Her Ladyship the GodGa, the way is opened for Adam Lambert to really hit his stride in 2011. Sharing Grammy nom listings with La Roux, Muse and Max Martin adds fuel to the fire that has the potential to burn bright for many years. The Glamnation Tour and For Your Entertainment are under his belt now. Now is the time to settle into finding his real niche, create and record a new album and then earn some genuine street cred.
Let’s break it down. Adam Lambert’s sophomore album will be the next big step. He’s said it should drop “this summer”. Considering tour wrapped on December 16th and he had no more appearances scheduled, with holiday breaks, the process can start as soon as next week. Lambert has also stated in many interviews that there will be a lot more time put into this album, as it does not have the constraints of his debut disc so RCA is probably working toward a May or June release. Other things he has discussed are having done some writing on the road with members of his band and some of the sounds he is considering. It would be a wise move to continue moving in the vein of Gaga, Pink, Muse, My Chemical Romance and other artists who walk the line between alt and pop. His voice has so much flexibility which when combined with his lack of fear of trying new things can be taken into a world of combining rock, electronica, club, prog and glam for something completely different. Previous collaborations that can (and should) be explored deeper are GaGa, Matt Belamy, Sam Sparro, Evan Bogart and Greg Wells. New ones that should be added? Jake Shears, Brian Molko, the Leto brothers and Chris Corner. That dark electronica along with melodies that allow for the vocal acrobatics that are Adam’s signature are the kinds of sounds that can crossover numerous radio station formats and other fanbases.
It is this growth of listeners that is crucial to Adam Lambert attaining the type of longevity he deserves. The record that he puts out is only part of the equation. There is also the process of continued cultivation of fans. He knew early on that he needed to move beyond Idol-verse. Lambert has been both diligent and shrewd about distancing himself from the 19E juggernaut that he used to get the exposure he’d been seeking for a decade. Little things like polite “thanks but no thanks” included in interview questions, smoking weed on stage in Amsterdam (yes, it was totally legal and actually pretty tame when it comes to being ‘rock-n-roll’), and mentioning how the Grammy nomination gives him more true industry recognition have all resulted in indignant responses from some fans to the point of them walking (storming) away from Camp Glam. But as any gardener or farmer knows, you have to get rid of the weeds and sometimes even do a controlled-burn of the field to produce a rich, healthy crop in future harvests.
This culling will really come into play when tours for the new album are being planned. As mentioned at the outset of this dissertation, Adam needs to build some serious credentials as a real musician not a manufactured prima dona. This will mean doing tours as an opening act not a headliner this time around. If 19E keeps the 2-4K ‘seat’ sized venues or even attempts to move him into small arenas (4-8K) with other established acts as openers, he may meet with resentment from their fans. His is still a rookie in the sense that he hasn’t earned that tour bus or the headliner slot minus the Idol affiliation yet. If he is the opening act then fans of the headliners will be more willing to give him a chance. There are already cross-overs from the My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds to Mars, Placebo and Scissor Sisters worlds that need to be courted. Lambert would definitely be a good match for LaRoux and IAMX’s fans based on the sounds of FYE and if he continues with mixture of genres he’s been playing with.
There will be a great deal of speculation and discussion over the next four to six months. Anyone who has been paying even the slightest attention can attest to the fact that Adam Lambert is full of surprises. It’s not to say that he is completely unpredictable, as he has already proved himself to be a savvy businessperson who calls upon ten years experience, industry connections and just gut instinct on a regular basis to build his future. It can only be hoped that the label and management will not do something so foolish as to say “ok, we let you make your record, now you’re going to make ours” and steer him down either the crooner or classic rocker roads. Having a very bad track record of sabotaging idols either with lack of backline support and/or poor directing of their musical content only to drop them by the wayside to fend for themselves, one's skepticism is understandable. The wise move would be to encourage Lambert to create something as commercially successful as For Your Entertainment, book him onto good tours and at the end of the day have a nice little bankroll of residuals from two records and the profit made from the sale of his contract.

Hi , i also posted this article in the media thread!!

Can I just add my own 2cents here, I agree with a lot she says. But then I really don't get her wanting Adam to "do his time and earn cred" by becoming an opening act once again?? To be honest, with the exception of perhaps 10 to 15 musicians there are few who can sell out giant arenas anymore. Mid sized venues are the way many are going. I choose to believe in his success and think he can successfully navigate an international solo tour again, with larger than GNT venues thumbsup.gif I do also think that we dont give Adam enough credit to make sure his own career is on track. Sure in the past, RCA/Jive has not necessarily stood by their Idols. But I have to ask, were those said Idols fully self aware of themselves as artists like Adam is? I would probably say no, that the record companies had to manufacture them and do all the work. Adam has a clear artistic and musical vision for himself, and a global superstar media draw. I think there is no way Adam would let himself get shoved aside, and would be vocal about getting what he wants. After all, 10 years of hard work he is not about to throw away!! thumbsup.gif wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
claysscgirl
post Jan 2nd 2011, 4:21 PM
Post #75

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken

Popping in to see if maybe we can get a new subject for this thread. I think it needs to be specified that it's for CD #2 for posterity down the road.

Official Discussion for CD #2
Official Sophomore CD Discussion
Official Thread for Adam's 2nd CD

I don't know. I'm just throwing out ideas.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jan 2nd 2011, 4:23 PM
Post #76

QUOTE(claysscgirl @ Jan 2nd 2011, 4:21 PM) *

Popping in to see if maybe we can get a new subject for this thread. I think it needs to be specified that it's for CD #2 for posterity down the road.

Official Discussion for CD #2
Official Sophomore CD Discussion
Official Thread for Adam's 2nd CD

I don't know. I'm just throwing out ideas.

Done!

Official discussion for CD #2 (2011)

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Jan 2nd 2011, 4:52 PM
Post #77

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(islandgirljams @ Jan 2nd 2011, 11:41 AM) *

Hi , i also posted this article in the media thread!!

Can I just add my own 2cents here, I agree with a lot she says. But then I really don't get her wanting Adam to "do his time and earn cred" by becoming an opening act once again?? To be honest, with the exception of perhaps 10 to 15 musicians there are few who can sell out giant arenas anymore. Mid sized venues are the way many are going. I choose to believe in his success and think he can successfully navigate an international solo tour again, with larger than GNT venues thumbsup.gif I do also think that we dont give Adam enough credit to make sure his own career is on track. Sure in the past, RCA/Jive has not necessarily stood by their Idols. But I have to ask, were those said Idols fully self aware of themselves as artists like Adam is? I would probably say no, that the record companies had to manufacture them and do all the work. Adam has a clear artistic and musical vision for himself, and a global superstar media draw. I think there is no way Adam would let himself get shoved aside, and would be vocal about getting what he wants. After all, 10 years of hard work he is not about to throw away!! thumbsup.gif wub.gif

Thanks for bringing this; very interesting read. Here is my 2cents.... I really can't see Adam stepping back to be an 'opening act'. He has successfully been the 'headliner' of his own tour and I don't think there are many, if any, 'bigger' stars that want to follow him. I think the current group of 'bigger' names know that he can out sing them. My New Year's prediction for Adam is......He is going to work on a major movie/TV project soon and his album is going to come out earlier than we think and he will 'headline' his own tour again earlier than we think. Hopefully in the mid-sized venues. TPTB will want to 'strike while the iron is hot' and not miss the current momentum......at least; I hope that is what they will do

--------------------
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Jan 2nd 2011, 5:37 PM
Post #78

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Jan 2nd 2011, 4:52 PM) *

Thanks for bringing this; very interesting read. Here is my 2cents.... I really can't see Adam stepping back to be an 'opening act'. He has successfully been the 'headliner' of his own tour and I don't think there are many, if any, 'bigger' stars that want to follow him. I think the current group of 'bigger' names know that he can out sing them. My New Year's prediction for Adam is......He is going to work on a major movie/TV project soon and his album is going to come out earlier than we think and he will 'headline' his own tour again earlier than we think. Hopefully in the mid-sized venues. TPTB will want to 'strike while the iron is hot' and not miss the current momentum......at least; I hope that is what they will do

I like your thinking. original.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LightLovePeace
post Jan 2nd 2011, 8:18 PM
Post #79

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Jan 2nd 2011, 3:52 PM) *

I totally agree. In my mind, Adam would be going backwards by being an opening act. He's headlined a world tour when others had to cancel tours and/or show dates. I can't see him now opening for someone. He's beyond that.

This post has been edited by LightLovePeace: Jan 2nd 2011, 8:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jan 2nd 2011, 8:33 PM
Post #80

Isn't it amazing that we have managed to write 4 pages (now 5) about a CD we have absolutely NO CLUE about yet?

Can't wait until those tidbits, tweets from various producers, musicians, start getting picked up by the Ninja Skanks!

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post

949 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 25th 2014, 8:40 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol