Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

49 Pages V « < 47 48 49   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Articles thread, post articles here!
vickyvicks0
post Jul 9th 2009, 6:19 PM
Post #961

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. SYTYCD6: Jonathan "Legacy" Perez
Fav. person : TYLER GRADY♥

well if he doesn't get a record deal.. he might get casted as the next james bond.. haha.gif

--------------------
♥|Cavill|Patel|Efron|Strait|Jogia|Braun|Archuleta|♥
IPB Image
AI9 Winner:Lee DeWyze// SYTYCD7:Kent♥|Lauren|Rob|Melinda|//
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 9th 2009, 6:19 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Nathalia
post Jul 10th 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #962

Fav. AI8: Anoop Desai
Fav. Prom Date: Scruffy Anoop

LOL! Great to see some nice reviews. He deserves all the credit.

--------------------
SIGN ANOOP DESAI!
+Quote Post
jga94
post Jul 10th 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #963

- An R&B nerd and collegiate preppy dreaming of becoming the next Kanye West.

Well I certainly hope he won't be the next Kanye West...I don't like him...no, he'll bring some new flavor to the pop R&B scene....

--------------------
+Quote Post
triniia
post Jul 15th 2009, 6:42 PM
Post #964

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. Sytycd 4:Katua, AI 8:MegaNoop

http://www.sfbg.com/blogs/music/2009/07/om...dol_interview_s

Nice Guy Anoop Desai.

San Francisco Bay Guardian: With your busy tour schedule, my first question has to be, are you getting enough rest?
Anoop Desai: Yeah. You know, most nights itís just like, after you get off stage, obviously the adrenaline rush goes down and then youíre tired, and you have to do meet and greets. We get to go outside and sign stuff for the fans, so thatís cool. But by the time we make it back to the hotel, itís like one in the morning. You know, I try and work out in the morning and then catch the bus, so ó I donít know, itís a routine. It is pretty tiring, but I think weíre all getting enough rest.

SFBG: How is touring different from how you imagined?

AD: Itís actually kind of how I imagined it. Yeah, big bus, going around staying in hotels, and just singing every night. The best part of it is when weíre on stage, so thatís what we always look forward to.

SFBG: With all the press youíve been doing, what question are you tired of hearing?

AD: I donít know. I always hate questions about, like, the show [American Idol]. Because the TV show is one thing and now this is a very, very different thing that weíre doing. So I hate when people are like, ďHey, remember when you did this four months ago?Ē Yeah, I do, but I donít really care about that and you shouldnít either.

SFBG: You have all of this newfound exposure, not all of it positive. Do you read the gossip blogs, or do you try to avoid them? Do they bother you at all?

AD: It doesnít bother me. When we first started out on tour, I just read a couple of reviews and stuff, which were all favorable. But one of the things we learned from our experience in Hollywood is that you canít read all that stuff, because eventually someoneís gonna say something bad about you that might mess with you if youíre not careful. I am quite content going out there and trying to best my performance every night, and being content with that. And I think itís going well for me.

SFBG: Is there any song youíve performed that you never want to perform again?

AD: I mean, ďBeat It.Ē I think now, given [Michael Jackson's death], that song officially can never be touched by anyone ever again.

SFBG: And on a lighter note, how about a song you havenít had a chance to perform that youíd love to do?

AD: Well, any of Stevie Wonderís stuff. I really admire him as a songwriter and as a singer. I think all of his songs are just so filled with emotion. ďAllís Fair in LoveĒ is a beautiful, beautiful song. I donít know, I would love to sort of get my chance to interpret his stuff, because I think it does take a fair amount of interpretation. You canít sing it exactly like him, because heís the greatest.

SFBG: Is there anyone you didnít get a chance to know while you were doing the show whom youíve gotten to know on tour?

AD: To a degree, I think definitely Michael, Michael Sarver. He left tenth, so we were together for about two weeks. We all hang out together anyway, but out of all the people I didnít know well before, now I know him really well.

SFBG: So youíre in Twitter now, as, I think, everyone else is?

AD: Most of us are. [Since this interview was conducted, all of the top 10 finalists have joined Twitter.]

SFBG: Even though you control what you write, youíre still sort of putting yourself out there. Is it weird having so many followers knowing what youíre doing and how youíre feeling?

AD: No. I mean, the only thing about Twitter is sometimes it becomes a burden, just because you feel like you have to keep people updated. Since I got it, if you go 24 hours without writing something on that thing, people start freaking out. So thatís weird. But I say everything on there from, ďHey, thank you to all the fans,Ē and then this morning, for whatever reason ó remember the old Goldfish commercial? ďI love goldfishes Ďcause theyíre so deliciousÖĒ

SFBG: Yeah.

AD: Yeah, so I put that on there this morning.

SFBG: Yeah, that was stuck in my head all morning, because I read your Twitter.

AD: I donít know why it was in my head. I wasnít even listening to it.

SFBG: Thatís tremendous power, though. You got that song stuck in many peopleís heads!

AD: (laughs) Yeah.

SFBG: Kind of random question ó hopefully you havenít heard it. If you had to have a theme song that played whenever you entered a room, what would you want it to be?

AD: Iíve been asked this once before ó

SFBG : Damn.

AD: And I said ďOut Here Grindiní.Ē Itís a DJ Khaled song. Itís like Rick Ross and Akon and, you know, just a bunch of people, like he does. So that would be mine. But the best one that Iíve ever heard, one of my good friends used to play baseball at Ole Miss, and his walkout song was ďPonyĒ by Ginuwine. I thought that was hilarious. That would be a really good one.

SFBG: You were in Sacramento last night. Youíre off to San Jose tomorrow. Have you had any downtime to do fun Bay Area things?

AD: Not really. I went to Papalote two nights ago. I still have a couple friends who are here. We got in two nights ago, got to have dinner with them. But all in all itís just, we leave the hotel in the morning, we get back at one in the morning. Especially when we have back-to-back-to-back shows, itís pretty impossible.

SFBG: Are you able to go out and not get mobbed by fans?

AD: No, you know, most people are pretty cool about it. Even if people do recognize us, itís more quiet. Like, ďHey, look over there, itís that guy.Ē Which is cool. And itís really funny. When people arenít looking for you, they donít see you. If youíre just ó I was just with my friends at a random bar in the Mission. No one even looked at me, because itís like, why would I be here right now? But itís crazy. As soon as you walk off the buses at every arena, itís exactly the opposite.

SFBG: The reason I was asking about that newfound exposure earlier, is that itís sort of this curious feature of reality TV fame. It happens so quickly that I imagine itís overwhelming to catch up with it. And also kind of cool.

AD: Yeah, it is. But given the stakes that we were on, itís probably the fastest youíll ever go from being anonymous to having any degree of fame. And so we learn to deal with it pretty quickly. I think some people do better than others with it. And I mean, I think thatís just a reflection of our personalities. Iíve never been really that vocal in normal conversation ó I mean, Iím someone whoís very content to sit there and have a quiet conversation with someone, whatever. So that definitely comes out when Iím ó Iím not showy about it, so I guess it doesnít affect me that much.

SFBG: Do you have plans for what youíre going to do next, or are you still trying to figure that out?

AD: Still trying to figure that out. Hopefully, especially these shows in California, in LA, New York, thereíll be a lot of people in the audience, a lot of important people in the audience that potentially could sign me. Thatís what Iím really hoping for right now. If not, Iím moving to LA after the tour and Iíll just go from there.

SFBG: I asked what you were tired of being asked. Is there anything that no one has asked you yet that youíd love to answer?

AD: I donít know. You know, Iíve been asked a lot of interesting questions. I did a live video chat with a lot of my fans and followers on Twitter, and I did that through Justin.tv. I got asked a lot of random things at that, so I think Iím covered.

--------------------
IPB Image
JoJo. Jenn (Not A Meanie). Trish. Bev. Sara. Raq. Best Bishes 4 Life.
+Quote Post
jga94
post Jul 17th 2009, 7:46 PM
Post #965

Interesting article:

http://www.movieline.com/2009/07/exclusive...h-movieline.php

ANOOP DESAI

ďMy scene is from the movie Swingers, which is my favorite movie ever. Itís the very end of the movie, where Mikey is talking to T, theyíre in a coffee shop. And Mikey had just met this girl the night before. Heíd be sweatiní his ex-girlfriend for six months, and heís really in a rut. And he finally meets this girl, and heís out of it. So the roles are sort of switched. T is the ladiesí man, giving advice the whole movie. And in the end, T ends up making a fool of himself and then Mikey is the one thatís very content. That means a lot to me, because one of my best friends made me watch that movie when I was sort of going through a rough time in my life, and it sort of gave me hope for the future, gave me a road map for how to be yourself and things will just come ó which fortunately has worked out for me.Ē

I think this shows Anoop to be that dude with the sensitive side....I wouldn't be able to relate to this movie...it's the guy's version of a chick flick I think(like the opposite of Waiting to Exhale, Joy Luck Club, etc.)....

The only other idol who picked a dude's movie is Matt (from the Godfather)......

--------------------
+Quote Post
jga94
post Jul 23rd 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #966

Interview with Jim Cantiello:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1616849/20...?rsspartner=rss

--------------------
+Quote Post
jga94
post Jul 23rd 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #967

Interview:

http://www.bradenton.com/entertainment/story/1593218.html

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kittykatgirl778
post Jul 24th 2009, 3:47 AM
Post #968

Fav. AI8: Anoop Desai

QUOTE(jga94 @ Jul 23rd 2009, 8:03 PM) *

Anoop wants his fans to know that there won't be any (alleged) sex tapes anytime soon. "I'm not peeing on anyone," Desai joked.

omg.gif
This is why I love him. Only Anoop, I swear, would say something like that. roll2.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jga94
post Jul 30th 2009, 5:53 AM
Post #969

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/ju.../entertainment/

--------------------
+Quote Post
jga94
post Jul 31st 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #970

http://www.thetimesnews.com/entertainment/...-dawg-mind.html

--------------------
+Quote Post
jga94
post Aug 11th 2009, 8:47 AM
Post #971

NY Times(small positive review on Anoop)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/11/arts/mus...ml?_r=2&hpw

Slezak review EW(positive also...altho both reviews were iffy on MP...I think they didn't like the dancing...)

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/08/10/american...-kradison-matt/

--------------------
+Quote Post
jga94
post Aug 16th 2009, 2:53 AM
Post #972

http://news.bostonherald.com/enterta...tv#articleFull

The American Idols Live! 2009 tour prepares to roll into TD Garden on Tuesday. Flamboyant runner-up Adam Lambert, according to all reports, is the star of the show, outshining last seasonís winner, the likable, low-key Kris Allen.

But fans also want another look at the other Top 10 finalists from last season. We talked to two season eight stars about their ďIdolĒ experience: North Carolina native Anoop Desai, 22, who went from cultural anthropology major to unlikely pop-culture icon; and Milwaukeeís Danny Gokey, 29, whose wife died shortly before he auditioned for the show but who fulfilled the coupleís dream nonetheless.

Herald: ďAmerican IdolĒ is a huge cultural phenomenon. How did being on the show change your life?

Desai: Completely, totally. Itís changed what I want to do with my life; itís changed where I see myself doing it. Chances are Iím going to be moving out to L.A. after the tour because I really want to pursue music now. So itís just a total 180 for me, from being in grad school to pursuing music - and I couldnít be happier about it.

What do you think viewers didnít get to see about who you really are? Did ďIdolĒ cast you in a light that wasnít accurate?

Desai: I think a lot of times I was the serious guy. I donít think it helps that I sang a lot of ballads, which is not everything that I hope to do. I think that the show sort of a cast me as a ballad singer and I donít think that helped me at all. But at the same time thatís definitely a facet of me. Itís a facet of my musical personality and just my personality in general.

What was the most difficult aspect of being on the show?

Desai: The greatest trial, I think, is the pressure during the show, because it is the biggest stage in the world and thereís an incredible amount of pressure to perform at a high level week after week. Part of that is what molds us into artists and hopefully that will be a productive thing down the road. But while youíre going through it, itís a very taxing process. You have to learn to deal with criticism, with rejection, and to get up and be yourself after all that.

What was the most rewarding part of being on the show?

Desai: Coming into my own as a singer. Even since Iíve left ďIdol,Ē Iíve only continued growing and continued to reap the benefits and rewards of that entire process with the connections that Iíve been able to make and what I learned about myself and my music during that time.

Whatís next for your music career after the tour ends?

Desai: Iím really hoping that this summer youíll see a record deal for me. Thatís my dream. I want to be a pop singer and I really think that I have a lot to offer. Hopefully people will see that during this tour. Iím definitely planning on moving to L.A. because I am serious about my music career.

I removed Gokey parts...

This post has been edited by jga94: Aug 16th 2009, 7:23 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jga94
post Aug 16th 2009, 7:20 AM
Post #973

Old article but idk if this has been posted and it's pretty interesting:

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/american-idol...hink-was-nerdy/

American Idols Live kicks off in just a few days, and to celebrate, Fancast visited the Idols as they prepared for the upcoming tour.

So you might know everything about Adam Lambertís favorite hair product, or Allisonís rocked out style. But how much do these Idols really know about each other?

We asked these baby pop stars to answer questions about their Idol buddies. Which pair knows each other so well they can probably finish each otherís sentences, and which ones seem like a couple of perfect strangers?

First up are Matt Giraud and Anoop Desai, who were so full of energy, they were like walking talking Red Bulls. Which Idoler thought the other was a nerd the first time they met and which one spends too much money on clothes? Keep reading for the full scoop.

Anoop, what was your first impression of Matt?

Anoop: The first time I can remember Matt was during Hollywood week when he sang ďGeorgia on my MindĒ and I was like, ďcrap.Ē (laughs) He went, like, two people before me. I was dead last and I just remember thinking ďman, that guy can blow.Ē And then just being in awe as the competition went on about how skilled he is vocally and how much fun he is to hang out with, too. And then I stole his iPod cord by accident once.

Thatís unforgivable. Matt, what about your first impression of Anoop?

Matt: (To Anoop) You were wearing khaki shirts for ďMy PrerogativeĒ the first time, right? And a UNC shirt? I was like, who is this nerdy kid up here tearing the house down? He was dressed like he was about to go to class or something! But I was out of my seat and he was just killing it up there. I couldnít believe it because he didnít look like someone who could sing like that. But you know what, he killed it. I remember going, this boy can rock! I ended up getting to know him, and heís really funny and really cool. Heís got more swag than he thinks.

Whatís your biggest pet peeve about Matt?

Anoop: Wow. OK. How much time do I have? Letís seeÖ

Matt: Just pick one!

Anoop: I think he whines a lot. Heís like, ďshow me how to do this.Ē Iím like, ďMatt. You turn it on. What do I need to show you?Ē Heís likeĖ [exasperated sigh].

Matt: Itís funny that his biggest pet peeve is that, because thatís exactly what he does. Itís like yesterday, we were told we had to get up at six in the morning today. Heís like, ďI hate everything.Ē (laughs) And the thing is, heíll whine just as much. But if I whine at all, he will tell me Iím being a baby. Heís the same way!

What is Matt most grateful for?

Anoop: I think Matt is most grateful for being able to play music full time and being out and doing that in an environment where people appreciate it. For a long time he was in a place where he was playing music and doing what makes him happy but there wasnít a lot of recognition with it. And I think that getting to showcase what he can do for the entire country, that happened to be what he loves doing.

If Anoop were a cartoon character, who would he be?

Anoop: If I were a Disney characterÖ

Matt: What should I say?

Youíre going to say Aladdin, arenít you?

Matt: (laughs) No!

Anoop: I would push you off that stool!

Matt: Whoís that little scientist kid?

Dexter?

Matt: Yeah, heíd be Dexter! Just because he thinks heís soooo smart.

Anoop: And I want to take over the world.

Matt: With his R&B music.

What is Mattís unhealthiest habit?

Anoop: UhhhÖ

Matt: Taco Bell?

Anoop: Iím going to go ahead and say shopping. Itís his vice.

Matt: That was once!

Is it clothes, or shoes, or giant watches? (Side note: Matt was wearing a giant watch)

Anoop: Everything. (laughs)

Matt: That was tour related! I had no choice.

Anoop: He spent more money on clothes than I ever have.

Matt: Iíve got to look good!

What is Anoop most grateful for?

Matt: I think Anoop is most grateful for the learning process of Idol. I think he really appreciates learning more about the business and how to perform because he knows a lot about music and proper singing and stuff. But I think just being around these great musicians in the band and meeting these mentors and stuff has really made an impact on him. I can see heís open to new things so thatís good.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jga94
post Aug 25th 2009, 9:40 AM
Post #974

Articles

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08252009/tv/is...dol__186307.htm

http://thedartmouth.com/2009/08/25/arts/Idol/

--------------------
+Quote Post
jga94
post Aug 26th 2009, 3:03 AM
Post #975

http://www.boxxet.com/American_Idol/post:i...ns-anoop-desai/

Quote:

And yet, as you know, not everyone who appears on "Idol" manages to have a big music career. What do you think you have that makes that possible?

Well, first of all, a lot of people from "Idol," if they don't win or whatever, they just go home. They resume their previous life. To me, that's just unimaginable and unacceptable for me, really. This is what I want to do. I've never been one to shy away from challenge, to do whatever it takes no matter how long it takes. So, I think, my stick-to-it-iveness is going to come in handy.
yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

This post has been edited by jga94: Aug 26th 2009, 3:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

49 Pages V « < 47 48 49
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 20th 2014, 9:03 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol