Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

1185 Pages V « < 1183 1184 1185   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official NFL Football Thread, Any football fans here?
Jess
post Feb 1st 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #23681

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. SYTYCD5: Janette Manrara
Fav. SYTYCD6: Jakob Karr
Fav. SYTYCD11: Serge Onik

Still in shock. crying.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Serge Squad | RIP Michael Johns ♥ | IDF's Master Top 40 Countdown | #GOHAWKS
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 1st 2015, 10:59 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

BlueSkittle
post Feb 2nd 2015, 12:03 AM
Post #23682

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips
Fav. TV: Matt McAndrew

Still heated thumbdown.gif crying.gif

--------------------

AI14: Nick, Rayvon, Quentin, Clark, Katherine.
TV8: Travis, DeAnna, Lowell.
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 2nd 2015, 1:17 AM
Post #23683

Group: Members

Fav. CI2: Theresa Sokyrka
Fav. AI7: Amanda Overmyer

As infuriating as that play call is -- we have three downs and the best RB in the game in the backfield and Russell Wilson is 5'11 and bnjekgnfsfnjertsdrhsfjofljsdlklwrhst -- I'm still proud to be a 12 for everything this team accomplished this year and last. It was a rolling calamity at Week 7 and managed to turn the year it into a Super Bowl run. Winning back-to-back is hard as hell nowadays and we came as close as you can. Congrats Patriots. It was a hell of game, obviously stings though.

At least Pete Carroll (though I didn't understand his reasoning) and Russell Wilson were willing to take the fall for the last play. Offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell blamed Jermaine Kearse. That guy should have to walk back to Seattle.

Still have faith in Carroll/Schneider/Wilson but next year could be tough depending on what happens with Lynch and how much a paycut Russell's willing to take and whether Sherman has to undergo Tommy John surgery. In the meantime at least I still have my Canucks and my Blue Ja-- ahh screw it I'm never winning anything again.

--------------------
ROLL UP THE RIM 2015: 2/19

last.fm
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Feb 2nd 2015, 3:07 AM
Post #23684

Fav. SYTYCD5: Karla Garcia
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. MLB: New York Mets

Tom Brady may have been named Super Bowl MVP, but Malcolm Butler and Julian Edelman are the ones that get to go to Disneyland... yes.gif

This post has been edited by ShortstopVM: Feb 2nd 2015, 3:07 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
(Thank you to o0itzAnGiE and to Stacey for the blinkies!)
NYG|NYK|NYR|UMD | IPB Image I support KARLA always! | IPB Image | LET'S GO METS
+Quote Post
DiFan
post Feb 2nd 2015, 3:21 AM
Post #23685

I'm so proud my boys pulled it off. crying.gif heart.gif w00t.gif

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Feb 2nd 2015, 3:07 AM) *

Tom Brady may have been named Super Bowl MVP, but Malcolm Butler and Julian Edelman are the ones that get to go to Disneyland... yes.gif

Word.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 2nd 2015, 3:21 AM
Post #23686

@AlbertBreer
Just recalled a rival OC telling me last night that Seattle would be able to pound the ball so long as "Bevell isn't trying to be a guru."

#FireBevell

--------------------

last.fm
+Quote Post
Niki
post Feb 2nd 2015, 10:42 PM
Post #23687

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI10: James Durbin
Fav. TV7: Matt McAndrew <3

spaz.gif w00t.gif bounce.gif bye2.gif wub.gif omg.gif heart.gif

So I didn't post in here last night cuz I was too busy bawling happy tears and in complete shock/awe.

SO PROUD OF THEM. They played their a$$es off. Yeah the Hawks screwed themselves with that call, but it doesn't take away from how AMAZINGLY the Pats played. Butler was excellent on that pick. Brady, Edelman, Amendola, Gronk, EVERYONE played great and did their jobs!! I could not be more proud. New England.. one nation against the entire country. So happy for my team. I waited ten years since we last won thinking I'd never get to feel like this again.. we'd always seem to get close and then lose.. crying.gif but FINALLY WORLD CHAMPS AGAIN!! wub.gif omg.gif bye2.gif They deserve it, they played their hearts out! I love my team, I love my state of Massachusetts, and I love New England. wub.gif

I'm sorry to all the Hawks fans here.. trust me when I say I know how it feels.. huggy.gif But I am sure you'll be contenders next year again. yes.gif

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Feb 2nd 2015, 3:07 AM) *

Brady was a class act giving his truck to Butler. yes.gif

--------------------
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: 2015 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS! 4 TIME WORLD CHAMPS!IPB Image
#CHECKEDMATT♥ // AI14: Trevor. Jax. Clark. Savion. Lovey. Nick. Michael. // TV8: Travis. Brian. Michael. Ashley.
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Feb 2nd 2015, 11:20 PM
Post #23688

^Congratulations again, Niki! huggy.gif Enjoy it; it's well-deserved. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Niki
post Feb 3rd 2015, 3:03 PM
Post #23689

Thanks so much, Vic!! huggy.gif

--------------------
#CHECKEDMATT♥ // AI14: Trevor. Jax. Clark. Savion. Lovey. Nick. Michael. // TV8: Travis. Brian. Michael. Ashley.
+Quote Post
ButterflyEffect
post Feb 6th 2015, 4:04 PM
Post #23690

Alright gang, now that the season is officially over and we're moving towards the draft, who do you want your team to draft in the first round, and why? shocked.gif

I'll respond this evening; I'm still at work.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Niki
post Feb 7th 2015, 9:22 PM
Post #23691

The Bruins honored some Patriots tonight at the game and Gronk was one of them- he spiked the puck! roll2.gif heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
DiFan
post Feb 7th 2015, 10:38 PM
Post #23692

laughing.gif heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ButterflyEffect
post Feb 8th 2015, 1:23 PM
Post #23693

QUOTE(ButterflyEffect @ Feb 6th 2015, 5:04 PM) *

Alright gang, now that the season is officially over and we're moving towards the draft, who do you want your team to draft in the first round, and why? shocked.gif

For the Jets at number 6, my top 3 picks here would be:

1. Amari Cooper, WR: We should cut Harvin; his salary versus production doesn't match up. He's a glorified "offensive threat" who rushes, plays screens, or plays in the slot, and quite honestly I'm not sure where he fits in a Gailey spread offense. So the perfect signing would be Cooper, someone who can stretch the defense. Plus it gives the offense another severely-needed weapon (lets be real here, Geno's probably going to be out starter next season, lets at least try and give him some help)

2. Brandon Scherff, OT/G: If Cooper doesn't make it to 6 (Oakland will probably snag him), I say we beef up our O-line to try and help the QB out. Scherff is intriguing because he could initially play at guard, a position that's absolutely hurting for the Jets. Colon won't be back, and the LG position between Winters and Abushi could also use a bit of a facelift.

3. TRADE DOWN: If Mariota is still on the draftboard, as much as I think he's an outstanding guy, he's going to be Geno 2.0 if we draft him and throw him in the game right away. We shouldn't invest this high on a QB, as much as we need to. Hold off and draft QB in round 2-3 (Brett Hundley), and see if anyone wants this pick. St. Louis, Philadelphia, or Kansas City could all be intrigued by taking a shot at Mariota.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Feb 8th 2015, 8:08 PM
Post #23694

Vince Wilfork surprised a fan who was wearing his jersey in the Bahamas... shifty.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Feb 8th 2015, 9:08 PM
Post #23695

Did anyone see Edelman and Butler present the Grammy to Beck?

*steals envelope from Josh Duhamel* "Once again, another interception by Malcolm..." laughing.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 16th 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #23696

QUOTE(ButterflyEffect @ Feb 6th 2015, 1:04 PM) *

I don't follow college football enough to know what's worth drafting (outside of QBs) in any given year... but for Russ to have a successful tenure here he'll need a top-5 RB post-Lynch, be it this year or next.

And I would LOVE to see the Jets draft Jameis. Just imagine Jameis in New York with the media and the nightlife...

--------------------

last.fm
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Feb 16th 2015, 10:52 PM
Post #23697

QUOTE(RWG @ Feb 16th 2015, 10:29 PM) *
And I would LOVE to see the Jets draft Jameis. Just imagine Jameis in New York with the media and the nightlife...

And I hate Jameis, too... shifty.gif Him + Gang Green would be the perfect combination... devil.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ButterflyEffect
post Feb 17th 2015, 8:09 PM
Post #23698

QUOTE(RWG @ Feb 16th 2015, 11:29 PM) *

I don't follow college football enough to know what's worth drafting (outside of QBs) in any given year... but for Russ to have a successful tenure here he'll need a top-5 RB post-Lynch, be it this year or next.

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Feb 16th 2015, 11:52 PM) *

And I hate Jameis, too... shifty.gif Him + Gang Green would be the perfect combination... devil.gif

Ugh guys, please don't wish this upon me.

Jameis could very well turn out to be a great NFL QB, but please hide him in the bowels of a place like Tampa Bay or St. Louis; I'm afraid to think of what this kid could turn in to in NY.

I don't think either of the top QB's are worth our pick at 6, even if I don't see Geno Smith as the future of our franchise. I'd rather bring in a veteran to compete with Geno (Jake Locker, Ryan Fitzpatrick), or trade for a younger QB with potential (Nick Foles, Mike Glennon), and if it doesn't work out, draft QB next year. I'm not under the impression that the Jets are Superbowl bound next season, so I'm willing to wait and try and work on the rest of the team priorities before going "all in" on a QB.

And if we're going "all in" on a QB this year, at least make it Mariota. He probably isn't close to being pro-ready, but at least I don't have to worry about him raping women and stealing crab legs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 18th 2015, 1:36 AM
Post #23699

QUOTE(ButterflyEffect @ Feb 17th 2015, 5:09 PM) *

Ugh guys, please don't wish this upon me.

Jameis could very well turn out to be a great NFL QB, but please hide him in the bowels of a place like Tampa Bay or St. Louis; I'm afraid to think of what this kid could turn in to in NY.

I don't think either of the top QB's are worth our pick at 6, even if I don't see Geno Smith as the future of our franchise. I'd rather bring in a veteran to compete with Geno (Jake Locker, Ryan Fitzpatrick), or trade for a younger QB with potential (Nick Foles, Mike Glennon), and if it doesn't work out, draft QB next year. I'm not under the impression that the Jets are Superbowl bound next season, so I'm willing to wait and try and work on the rest of the team priorities before going "all in" on a QB.

And if we're going "all in" on a QB this year, at least make it Mariota. He probably isn't close to being pro-ready, but at least I don't have to worry about him raping women and stealing crab legs.

I agree, I'd probably pass this year. As a Seahawks fan I'd probably have to back drafting the smart systems/scheme QB over the better pocket passer, but I think Mariota needed the National Chamionship to go first overall. I might draft 2013 Jameis if he weren't a criminal/moron. 2014 Jameis was an INT machine who was terrible in most first halfs and whose record was a product of getting every break in the goddamn world.

Jameis probably would get away with more in Tampa than he would in New York, but that's the point. He will be an NFL QB, it's only a matter of for how long. New York would rip him to shreds in a single season and we'd be done with it. You need to take this fall for the rest of us.

--------------------

last.fm
+Quote Post

1185 Pages V « < 1183 1184 1185
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Mar 4th 2015, 10:13 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol