Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For all the new(ish) Adam fans - Please tell us your story!, How did Adam affect/change your life?
Tammo
post May 30th 2010, 3:31 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

I saw the AMA performance and I was like 'wow, okay, what is all the fuss about then?!' Because I don't mind it. With My Chemical Romance, the things between Gerard and Frank..well, I didn't mind to saw that.. grin.gif

--------------------
Sing it for the boys, sing it for the girls
Every time that you lose it sing it for the world
Sing it from the heart, sing it 'til you're nuts
Sing it out for the ones that'll hate your guts
Sing it for the deaf, sing it for the blind
Sing about everyone that you left behind
Sing it for the world, sing it for the world
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 30th 2010, 3:31 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

adamazing
post May 30th 2010, 5:31 PM
Post #22

Welcome to all the newbies!!! flowers.gif

Finally after a month of no computer, I have a new one and I'm back! I've missed all of you guys and I have a ton to catch up on before I can start posting again, but I missed having my Adam fix everyday. heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post May 30th 2010, 9:08 PM
Post #23

' date='May 30th 2010, 12:52 PM' post='22848590']
Ooookay as I said in the other thread, I got into this only 2 days ago laughing.gif
I don't watch AI so the first thing I saw of him was his AMA performance. It was so funny to me that this would make such a scandal. Musically I found it rather messy and so I just didn't get the whole thing. Of course I know WWFM from radio and stuff but the sound is just too smooth for me, it's too flawless, polished, whatever you wanna call it. I guess that's just the way everything is produced these days but I don't like it.
Now for a reason unknown to me I youtubed him + "unplugged" 2 days ago, I like unplugged performances a lot. I think I saw the VH1 videos first. Yeah well and that was that. I even love his screeching and mumbling, which I absolutely despise in other performers (e.g. Christina Aguilera). All the sexual energy he shows as a stage person doesn't seem to be fake, it's just his natural way of performing, you have to love that.
His facial expressions are priceless. My favourite one is when the corners of his mouth turn slightly downwards while he's singing. Are there some good pics of this? I'd appreciate any relevant information haha.gif

Welcome!

Have you checked out the I heart Radio performances? I like them better than the VH1 performances. I love the camera work. The audience bugs me during the VH1 Unplugged performances - they don't seem natural to me.

This post has been edited by Adam_Fan_Forever: May 30th 2010, 9:13 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LovelyWolf
post May 30th 2010, 9:40 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(BossLady @ May 30th 2010, 11:27 PM) *

LovelyWolf your energy is infectious! I don't know if I welcomed you before but welcome aboard!! huggy.gif
awe, thankies! flowers.gif

QUOTE(Adam_Fan_Forever @ May 31st 2010, 5:08 AM) *

Welcome!

Have you checked out the I heart Radio performances? I like them better than the VH1 performances. I love the camera work. The audience bugs me during the VH1 Unplugged performances - they don't seem natural to me.
my fave moment on the i heart radio performances is the get off your phone one. he so cute! wub.gif

--------------------
Adam Lambert: Because I will inevitably edit my posts at least once.
"Life without music would be a mistake.- Friedrich Nietzsche"
"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul."
Skank #584 | My Blog | Twitter#1 | Twitter#2
Peace, Love, Hope,
Lexxa
+Quote Post
LovelyWolf
post May 30th 2010, 9:48 PM
Post #25

The video is still being processed. Video quality WILL improve once processing is complete

This post has been edited by LovelyWolf: May 30th 2010, 9:49 PM

--------------------
"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul."
Peace, Love, Hope,
Lexxa
+Quote Post
LovelyWolf
post May 30th 2010, 9:56 PM
Post #26

just to thud my fellow newbies

best.38.seconds.of.my.entire.life.

--------------------
Peace, Love, Hope,
Lexxa
+Quote Post
drowsybrowser
post May 31st 2010, 1:24 AM
Post #27

I was studying abroad for all of Idol. I knew nothing about it and had never heard of Adam. Towards the end of last August I crashed into Crazy at Art4Life on Youtube and was like fear2.gif at Adam's voice. I was instantly like WTF, how is he doing that, and I've never heard anything like it in terms of technical ability from random people on the internet. I watched video after video and found out Adam was an Idol person and was even more mind-blown that a fierce theatre queen had somehow found his way onto American Idol and finished second. Color me hooked.

I'm still trying to find out exactly how he sings, where in his body he feels his voice, how he warms up, etc. The technical aspect of it fascinates me. If he were only a phenomenal singer I would still be hooked, but he's not, he's the first openly gay artist signed to a major label, he's a fashion fanatic, he's a hippie, he's a tv personality, he's charismatic, and he's an artist. Adam is all of this combined- color me fascinated. grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post May 31st 2010, 6:20 AM
Post #28

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

QUOTE(drowsybrowser @ May 31st 2010, 2:24 AM) *

I was studying abroad for all of Idol. I knew nothing about it and had never heard of Adam. Towards the end of last August I crashed into Crazy at Art4Life on Youtube and was like fear2.gif at Adam's voice. I was instantly like WTF, how is he doing that, and I've never heard anything like it in terms of technical ability from random people on the internet. I watched video after video and found out Adam was an Idol person and was even more mind-blown that a fierce theatre queen had somehow found his way onto American Idol and finished second. Color me hooked.

I'm still trying to find out exactly how he sings, where in his body he feels his voice, how he warms up, etc. The technical aspect of it fascinates me. If he were only a phenomenal singer I would still be hooked, but he's not, he's the first openly gay artist signed to a major label, he's a fashion fanatic, he's a hippie, he's a tv personality, he's charismatic, and he's an artist. Adam is all of this combined- color me fascinated. grin.gif

And I, for one, am very grateful that you crashed into Crazy. I have loved your 'technical' explanations of what Adam does with that 'crazy' instrument of his! *You dirty Skanks! I mean his VOICE"

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Tammo
post May 31st 2010, 7:23 AM
Post #29

Stupid question, I know, but when can you call yourself a skank? Is it after a certain time of fan being? Or like 'The Echelon' of 30 Seconds To Mars when you promote like crazy like you have no other life.

--------------------
Sing it for the boys, sing it for the girls
Every time that you lose it sing it for the world
Sing it from the heart, sing it 'til you're nuts
Sing it out for the ones that'll hate your guts
Sing it for the deaf, sing it for the blind
Sing about everyone that you left behind
Sing it for the world, sing it for the world
+Quote Post
LovelyWolf
post May 31st 2010, 8:05 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(Tammo @ May 31st 2010, 3:23 PM) *
Stupid question, I know, but when can you call yourself a skank? Is it after a certain time of fan being? Or like 'The Echelon' of 30 Seconds To Mars when you promote like crazy like you have no other life.
I'm subscribing to that excl.gif

This post has been edited by LovelyWolf: May 31st 2010, 8:06 AM

--------------------
Peace, Love, Hope,
Lexxa
+Quote Post
Silvia
post May 31st 2010, 8:21 AM
Post #31

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(Tammo @ May 31st 2010, 7:23 AM) *

You're a skank when you decide you are one. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
MeLainii
post May 31st 2010, 8:28 AM
Post #32

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

so I guess I'am a Skank already because when I do something I love I do it wholeheartedly original.gif

ouw and is there an area for pictures from the user?? or shall we collect them here?? original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LovelyWolf
post May 31st 2010, 8:28 AM
Post #33

count me in! haha.gif

--------------------
Peace, Love, Hope,
Lexxa
+Quote Post
LovelyWolf
post Aug 20th 2010, 1:35 PM
Post #34

As I promised, here it is. (kinda late, so I apologise for that, but thank god I finally wrote that down lmao.gif )
So I was minding my own business and doing something for school on the compy, and if you know me then you know that I canít think without music being on and I was listening to an online radio thing where it plays songs based on your likes and dislikes and stuff and then Sure Fire Winners came up on my stream and I was like I linda like this song so I stopped what I was doing and just listened to the song with all the braincells I had left after that paper assignment killed like 1/3 of my entire brain and from kinda like I thought I donít just kinda like, I actually do like the song and then Adam started voice freaking me with those insane notes and UNF me dead he is so friggin smexy I wanna die sometimes and reincarnate myself in his future husband but thatís not the point of this post its about how I met Adam soooo anywho after I was like UNF all over his voice right after that I clicked on the said tab in my browser to go to the page and see who the freak was singing like that and I am not kidding when I say that my first thought about his UNFy voice was that he sounds like a choir of angels singing a lullaby and I had never heard of Adam Lambert before that and I was like okay, this guy is awesome, Iím gonna favorite this song and hopefully I will hear it again sometime soon and then I did hear it a second time on the same day and the third and everytime Iíd just stop whatever I was doing that was supposed to be writing a paper and just stare blankly out the window and then my roommate well one of them said that I look like I am in love because I was sighing which I didnít notice at first and she started teasing me thinking I have another crush on one of my fellow male students and I was like wtf and stuff and I told her that I was just enjoying the song and that in a strange way it made me tingle in all the right places lmao and then I decided I had to google him to see how he actually looks like because the pic of Adam that was showing me was the one with the metal rings that have chains linked to it and he is covering his face with his hand that you can only see his UNFy eyes and I googled him and died a little inside when I found him, and then died a little more on the inside when I heard heís gay and Iíve been dying a bit more ever since then but now that I came to love him at the lever I do now I am actually happy heís gay because idk how I would react if any bitch would ever take advantage of him and then brake his heart and since you all know I am pracically obsessed with vampires I think I can say that I would so freaking go Van Halen on anyone that would ever dare to hurt my baby and that I would be capable of manslaughter for him without even a shred of remorse like I mean real manslaughter if Iíd know for sure that killing someone would make him happy I would so do it just to know that I was able to make him happy and the thought of adam happy makes my heart feel like itís about to explode because I love him so much and I would give my life like literally die for him!

^^^that was me freaking out. Wow, I somehow managed to write that without any commas, semicolons or any full stops. Thatís a new personal best. Sigh. I apologise but I am so not editing that IPB Image

--------------------
Peace, Love, Hope,
Lexxa
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Aug 20th 2010, 3:06 PM
Post #35

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

QUOTE(LovelyWolf @ Aug 20th 2010, 2:35 PM) *

As I promised, here it is. (kinda late, so I apologise for that, but thank god I finally wrote that down lmao.gif )
So I was minding my own business and doing something for school on the compy, and if you know me then you know that I canít think without music being on and I was listening to an online radio thing where it plays songs based on your likes and dislikes and stuff and then Sure Fire Winners came up on my stream and I was like I linda like this song so I stopped what I was doing and just listened to the song with all the braincells I had left after that paper assignment killed like 1/3 of my entire brain and from kinda like I thought I donít just kinda like, I actually do like the song and then Adam started voice freaking me with those insane notes and UNF me dead he is so friggin smexy I wanna die sometimes and reincarnate myself in his future husband but thatís not the point of this post its about how I met Adam soooo anywho after I was like UNF all over his voice right after that I clicked on the said tab in my browser to go to the page and see who the freak was singing like that and I am not kidding when I say that my first thought about his UNFy voice was that he sounds like a choir of angels singing a lullaby and I had never heard of Adam Lambert before that and I was like okay, this guy is awesome, Iím gonna favorite this song and hopefully I will hear it again sometime soon and then I did hear it a second time on the same day and the third and everytime Iíd just stop whatever I was doing that was supposed to be writing a paper and just stare blankly out the window and then my roommate well one of them said that I look like I am in love because I was sighing which I didnít notice at first and she started teasing me thinking I have another crush on one of my fellow male students and I was like wtf and stuff and I told her that I was just enjoying the song and that in a strange way it made me tingle in all the right places lmao and then I decided I had to google him to see how he actually looks like because the pic of Adam that was showing me was the one with the metal rings that have chains linked to it and he is covering his face with his hand that you can only see his UNFy eyes and I googled him and died a little inside when I found him, and then died a little more on the inside when I heard heís gay and Iíve been dying a bit more ever since then but now that I came to love him at the lever I do now I am actually happy heís gay because idk how I would react if any bitch would ever take advantage of him and then brake his heart and since you all know I am pracically obsessed with vampires I think I can say that I would so freaking go Van Halen on anyone that would ever dare to hurt my baby and that I would be capable of manslaughter for him without even a shred of remorse like I mean real manslaughter if Iíd know for sure that killing someone would make him happy I would so do it just to know that I was able to make him happy and the thought of adam happy makes my heart feel like itís about to explode because I love him so much and I would give my life like literally die for him!

^^^that was me freaking out. Wow, I somehow managed to write that without any commas, semicolons or any full stops. Thatís a new personal best. Sigh. I apologise but I am so not editing that IPB Image

OK, then.... A little scary... but kinda nice too. Glad I know you more than what you just wrote!!!!

roll2.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
MoreGlam
post Aug 20th 2010, 3:14 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(LovelyWolf @ Aug 20th 2010, 2:35 PM) *

shocked.gif haha.gif haha.gif I like it like this w/t any punctuation!!! Nice story! heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TupsuNunnu123
post Aug 20th 2010, 3:37 PM
Post #37

Mine's kinda short laughing.gif ....My sister came to visit me this year in February and she said she saw the prettiest , hottest, sexiest etc mad alive thumbsup.gif She had a magazine with her to show me a pic of Adam, laughing.gif At first I was like ''meh, so what, he aint that pretty'' blushing.gif ...(IN MY DEFENCE THE PIC WAS FROM FAR AWAY AND DIDN'T SHOW NEITHER AL'S FACE NOR LA)...She said he's name to me repeatetly but I didn't remember and then when I finally remembered the name I was in YT for like a week yes.gif ..watched like all the interviews and the performances and stuff, drooling yes.gif ...oh good times, I've seen pretty much every vid I believe icecream.gif ....made a twitter ,came here to lurk(don't remember how I found this site) finally made an account.....and now I'm like REALLY happy

And I can't leave out that I was in f*cking denial for like 2 months fear2.gif ...I was bedazzled(don'tknowwhatitmeansbutitseemedtofitinhere tongue.gif ) I could not believe how f*cking GORGEOUS he is...and how generous, loving, sweet, etc he is wub.gif ....still kinda not believeing his human tho unsure.gif

and I'm not even gonna say how many times I watched the AMA kiss.... fear.gif

--------------------
I don't have a signature....If you are reading this and you're bored and stuff then it
wouldn't hurt to make me one....haha.....I might even do it myself if I get really bored....
But that highly unlikely b/c I haz no skillz...:(...
If ur bored...talk to me, if I'm online, I probably am..unless it's school.:(..
The Miss-spelling...yeah........I do that ALOT...I'll edit if I have enough smarts
I have Twitter, MySpace, FaceBook,ask me and I'll tell ya...:P
This has been haunting me ''There is beauty in the world, so shake your booty boys'n'girls''
+Quote Post
kellybsblover
post Aug 20th 2010, 3:38 PM
Post #38

I cheering on Von Smith and then when he left I started like Adam though I always remembered him amazizng audition. To be honest now I still like Adam but he's brother has my heart wub.gif (hopefully Neil does not go here shocked.gif ).

--------------------
+Quote Post
vampfever
post Aug 20th 2010, 4:08 PM
Post #39

Ok, so I haven't been around this board for very long compared to a lot of you who have been here since the beginning of idol, so I am going to share my not so exciting story.

I've watched AI from the beginning, and I've usually been able to pick out the winners from the auditions. Before the show started, a friend sent me "Dust in the wind". She was going through all the potential contestants and that one caught her eye. As soon as he sung the first few notes, I said, "Damn, that boy can sing." I wasn't so sure during Adam's audition, he seemed tentative, he had a nice voice and good looks but you could tell he was nervous or holding back. I didn't understand why Simon said he was too "theatrical", I figured he must have been looking at something in his portfolio that we didn't know about. Paula said that he was the best from every audition, and boy was she right. (Sucks that she's going to Xfactor, AI's loss). Anyway, once the top 12/13 happened, I had no doubt that Adam was the best. Everyone else just seemed to pale in comparison, he was a natural entertainer and had an effortless, exceptional voice. From then on, it was the "Adam Lambert" show for me. I only watched to see what he was going to sing next. When he did Ring of Fire, I was like "Holy crap!". I couldn't believe how creative he got with that song and that he had the guts to do it during country week. After that, he just continued to excel. I didn't read the boards or anything, I mostly read Jacob's recaps from TWOP. His recaps are pure gold if you haven't read them, and you could see Jacob quickly going from snarky criticism of Adam to becoming a big fan and admirer.

Adam broke AI, I do believe. I don't think they will ever find another Adam Lambert to bring the sheer talent and professionalism that he brought to the stage.

I was very worried for him when I saw the AMA's. It was the first time that I really saw him make a mistake, and it was a big one to me. He didn't have the credibility in the music industry yet to do something like that and get away unscathed, but it certainly gave him publicity, good or bad, and I don't know if there was something wrong with the sound but it was not good. I believe that he learned a big lesson out of the whole thing, and I think it also woke him up to a big group of people out there that are just looking for a chance to bring him down because of his sexuality. He did not want to be a poster boy for being "out and proud" but I do think it made him one, and it made people think about the double standards in the media. He has bounced back pretty well, but I hope he gets a chance to release "Fever", that is my favorite unreleased song other than "Soaked."

Anyway, I don't fantasize about him in a romantic way, I just think he's going to be a huge star, an icon and I want to be able to watch that happen. I admire his self-confidence, his creativity and style, and his professionalism. I know there are big things to come from him, he'll never bore me and he's pretty to look at.

So, a few months back I finally decided to look for a board to find info and pics of the tour and Adam's career. I finally settled on this one because everyone seems so nice and supportive on one another and a newbie wouldn't be afraid of joining in. I don't visit other boards, I simply don't have the time. (Although I like to look at Adam boards from other countries, they are so interesting!) I have a weird, quirky sense of humor, so forgive me if I make bad jokes on occasion.

So, that's me. Hi. bye1.gif

QUOTE(TupsuNunnu123 @ Aug 20th 2010, 4:37 PM) *

....still kinda not believeing his human tho unsure.gif

I feel the same way stuart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
LovelyWolf
post Aug 22nd 2010, 8:46 PM
Post #40

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Aug 20th 2010, 11:06 PM) *

OK, then.... A little scary... but kinda nice too. Glad I know you more than what you just wrote!!!!

roll2.gif
that scary? haha.gif was not my intent!
QUOTE(MoreGlam @ Aug 20th 2010, 11:14 PM) *

shocked.gif haha.gif haha.gif I like it like this w/t any punctuation!!! Nice story! heart.gif
heh blushing.gif TY xD

--------------------
Peace, Love, Hope,
Lexxa
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 16th 2014, 8:35 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol