Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Meeting Bands, Coolest? Non-Coolest?
kayli88
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. CI2: Jacob Hoggard
Fav. CI6: Gary Morissette

Yeah, post stories of you meeting bands... who was the coolest? Who wasn't?

I've met Yellowcard and they were cool guys. Ryan was nice but seemed a little annoyed, but I can't blame him. He was surrounded by people. LP is nice, but kinda of quiet. Sean, Dez, and Pete are really nice. Sean is also hilarious.

I've met Dave Rosin from Hedley as well. Really nice guy... I had just discovered his band that night and didn't know anything aboutt them/him, but he was awesome. I had trouble with my camera, but he didn't seem to mind at all.

Feel free to post things you've heard about bands as well.

--------------------
This is my old account. I have a new one now and go by the username Kayli.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:20 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

neleah
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #2

Not really a band, but I met Michelle Branch a few weeks ago and it was perhaps one of the most amazing things ever because she's been my favourite for ages.

--------------------
+Quote Post
stellarstarlight
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #3

sweetest IDF grobie

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI9: Alex Lambert
Fav. One Direction is radtastic.

I've only meet Mcfly so that's abou it lame I know.

--------------------
I don't really watch American Idol anymore. I don't really post here much.
+Quote Post
Matt.
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #4

Only The World

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. TV3: Lelia Broussard

Haha the only band I ever met was SugarJones (the original Canadian 'Popstars' group). They were all pretty rude except for Mirella.

--------------------

thevoice: lelia, lisa, cassadee, loren, amanda, paulina, kelly
amazingrace: natalie&nadiya, trey&lexi, amy&daniel
projectrunway: althea, uli, anthony ryan, ivy
survivor: rc, lisa, malcolm, denise, skupin
xfus: fifth harmony, lyric145, carly, cece
xfuk: ella, james, lucy, kye, carolynne
antm: leila, victoria, laura
xfau: samantha, bella
+Quote Post
neleah
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(littlemattloz @ Aug 22nd 2007, 12:24 AM) *

Haha the only band I ever met was SugarJones (the original Canadian 'Popstars' group). They were all pretty rude except for Mirella.

Holy shiz, I remember them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SteveIdolFan
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano

QUOTE(littlemattloz @ Aug 22nd 2007, 12:24 AM) *

MATT! Me too! roll2.gif

Mirella! heart.gif

--------------------
Set: Lynsey | X-Factor US: CeCe Frey, 1342, Carly Rose, Beatrice Miller, Sister C, David Correy and Jennel Garcia
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kayli88
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #7

Things I've heard: (Don't yell at me, these are things I've heard from other people)

Fall Out Boy - Nice.
Gabe (Cobra Starship) - Reallyyyyy nice and funny.
Martin (Boys Like Girls) - Jerk. Pervert. (Everyone says this)
Chiodos - Very nice.
Brand New - Nice guys, but don't take pictures anymore.
Bryce (The Rocket Summer) - Really nice.
Will (Cartel) - Rude.
The Academy Is... - Really nice.
The Spill Canvas - Really nice. People say Nick is one of the nicest dudes they've met.

This post has been edited by kayli88: Aug 21st 2007, 11:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
selfconclusion*
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #8

The coolest, chillest band i've met is Faber Drive heart.gif
They were so laid back and fun, and let us take a ton of pictures
then we left .. and went back and they were still there and were happy to talk to us some more. I had a lot of fun meeting them.

The non - coolest, and it makes me upset to say this, but it was Bryce Avary crying.gif
He's still my favourite person in the world.
He just didn't seem to really "connect" with fans if you know what I mean, and seemed a tad self absorbed. Nothing he said was rude, but you could just tell by looking at him and in the way he spoke .. broken_heart.gif
I have high hopes that next time I meet him (if there is a next time) will be diffferent wub.gif heart.gif

QUOTE(kayli88 @ Aug 22nd 2007, 12:31 AM) *

Bryce (The Rocket Summer) - Really nice.

The Spill Canvas - Really nice. People say Nick is one of the nicest dudes they've met.

guhhh crying.gif crying.gif I've heard almost everyone say Bryce is really nice .. why wasn't he to me? sad.gif broken_heart.gif

Oh yeah The Spill Canvas was amazingly nice wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
kayli88
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #9

Oh, I didn't really meet The Matches, but when I first discovered them at Yellowcard's concert my friend met Shawn and Jon. I was right their when he meet Jon. He tapped him on the shoulder and Jon turned around and dropped all his stuff. He was still super nice and gave him a high five and auto, though. He also said Shawn was nice. And I've heard many stories about The Matches being really nice.. don't think I've heard one bad one.

And my mom hung out with the guys from Rock Kills Kid for 20 min when I was watching Yellowcard. She said they were really nice. And Earlier, while we were waiting in line, my mom and my friends mom were walking down the street and these guys were like "Anyone got a light?" and they said yeah. Then the asked them if they were going to the show, and they were like, "No... were playing." They asked what band they were in and they said Rock Kills Kid and my mom told them how I liked them, haha.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kayli88
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(selfconclusion* @ Aug 21st 2007, 11:34 PM) *

The non - coolest, and it makes me upset to say this, but it was Bryce Avary crying.gif
He just didn't seem to really "connect" with fans if you know what I mean, and seemed a tad self absorbed. Nothing he said was rude, but you could just tell by looking at him and in the way he spoke .. broken_heart.gif
I have high hopes that next time I meet him (if there is a next time) will be diffferent wub.gif heart.gif
guhhh crying.gif crying.gif I've heard almost everyone say Bryce is really nice .. why wasn't he to me? sad.gif broken_heart.gif

Oh yeah The Spill Canvas was amazingly nice wub.gif

Maybe he was having a bad day? Maybe the heat was getting to him being Warped Tour and all?

--------------------
+Quote Post
the Laura
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:54 PM
Post #11

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Fav. SYTYCD6: Kathryn McCormick
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Chelsea Sorrell

I haven't met a "band" but I've met quite a few celebrities.

Ashley Tisdale
Corbin Bleu
Vanessa Hudgens
Drew Seeley
Monique Coleman
Lucas Grabeel
Aly&AJ
O-town
Brie Larson
Sarah from BB6 if she counts
Ashlee Simpson
Ryan Cabrera
Joey from Nsync

Idols:
Phil Stacey
Chris Richardson
Blake Lewis
Lakisha
Chris Sligh
Sanjaya
Jordin Sparks
Haley Scarnato
David Radfordx2
Brooke Barrettsmith
Nikko Smith
George Huff
Jessica Sierra

and honestly, everyone was SO sweet. every single one of the people i listed was amazing to me. Especially the HSM cast (Ashley and Corbin especially) and Phil Stacey.

--------------------
av credit: Tiger_8
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
nacosociety
post Aug 21st 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(selfconclusion* @ Aug 22nd 2007, 12:34 AM) *

I don't think it's fair to say that he doesn't connect with his fans just because you didn't have the best experience.. He's said numerous times the that TRS Family is really important to him. I've met him 3 times and he's always been extremely nice to me. You said you met him in a meet and greet line, right? He probably just wanted to keep it moving so he could talk to everyone who wanted to talk to him. How is that self-absorbed? At least he's not like bands like Paramore who sign for 20 minutes and leave hundreds of people in line without so much as an autograph.

--------------------
this world can be ugly, but isn't it beautiful?
+Quote Post
selfconclusion*
post Aug 22nd 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(kayli88 @ Aug 22nd 2007, 12:49 AM) *

Maybe he was having a bad day? Maybe the heat was getting to him being Warped Tour and all?

QUOTE(nacosociety @ Aug 22nd 2007, 12:56 AM) *

I don't think it's fair to say that he doesn't connect with his fans just because you didn't have the best experience.. He's said numerous times the that TRS Family is really important to him. I've met him 3 times and he's always been extremely nice to me. You said you met him in a meet and greet line, right? He probably just wanted to keep it moving so he could talk to everyone who wanted to talk to him. How is that self-absorbed? At least he's not like bands like Paramore who sign for 20 minutes and leave hundreds of people in line without so much as an autograph.

aww i'm sad now. I wanna go back in time and re-meet him. crying.gif
Yeah I guess it had to do with being in a M&G line/WT heat/tiredness.
but you said
"He probably just wanted to keep it moving so he could talk to everyone who wanted to talk to him."
I wanted to talk to him!

I just can't wait to meet him again heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
nacosociety
post Aug 22nd 2007, 12:10 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(selfconclusion* @ Aug 22nd 2007, 1:03 AM) *

aww i'm sad now. I wanna go back in time and re-meet him. crying.gif
Yeah I guess it had to do with being in a M&G line/WT heat/tiredness.
but you said
"He probably just wanted to keep it moving so he could talk to everyone who wanted to talk to him."
I wanted to talk to him!

I just can't wait to meet him again heart.gif

You did talk to him, though.. you said in the TRS thread that you asked him a few questions and he answered and stuff, that's all he really has time for. From what I've seen his M&G lines have all been really long on Warped. He can't really sit down and have an hour long conversation with everyone there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
neleah
post Aug 22nd 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #15

I guess we're supposed to talk about our experience?

Michelle was amazing. That is all. I made a fool out of myself, but she showed no signs of caring lol.

I've met Miranda Lambert, too. Sweetie.

--------------------
+Quote Post
selfconclusion*
post Aug 22nd 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(nacosociety @ Aug 22nd 2007, 1:10 AM) *

You did talk to him, though.. you said in the TRS thread that you asked him a few questions and he answered and stuff, that's all he really has time for. From what I've seen his M&G lines have all been really long on Warped. He can't really sit down and have an hour long conversation with everyone there.

Yeah, oh and another thing, I wasn't near the front of the line .. he was taking a long time with the people more towards the front. Then I guess he had to speed it up.
I know Bryce is a really nice guy, it just wasn't as amazing as I'd expected. But I understand @ WT in the heat and in the M&G line, it's not gonna be the best experience.

--------------------
+Quote Post
nacosociety
post Aug 22nd 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(selfconclusion* @ Aug 22nd 2007, 1:18 AM) *

Yeah, oh and another thing, I wasn't near the front of the line .. he was taking a long time with the people more towards the front. Then I guess he had to speed it up.
I know Bryce is a really nice guy, it just wasn't as amazing as I'd expected. But I understand @ WT in the heat and in the M&G line, it's not gonna be the best experience.

Yeah, I definitely prefer meeting him at a regular show.. there's a lot less people and it's just a lot more personal. I'm not a big fan of Meet and Greets.

Sorry if I came off as a super-defensive freak up there, I just really love the Rocket Summer. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
selfconclusion*
post Aug 22nd 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(nacosociety @ Aug 22nd 2007, 1:26 AM) *

Yeah, I definitely prefer meeting him at a regular show.. there's a lot less people and it's just a lot more personal. I'm not a big fan of Meet and Greets.

Sorry if I came off as a super-defensive freak up there, I just really love the Rocket Summer. haha.gif

Yeah, I'm going to The Sleeping With Giants tour date in Toronto .. I'll try to meet him again.

haha it's fine! I love him too heart.gif heart.gif
Just wasn't the bessst meeting a band experience for me, but I am very glad I was fortunate enough to meet him. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
stellarstarlight
post Aug 22nd 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #19

sweetest IDF grobie

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI9: Alex Lambert
Fav. One Direction is radtastic.

Bryce did talk with you at least flowers.gif Bands would love to talk for hours with their fans but, they got other fans.

QUOTE(nacosociety @ Aug 21st 2007, 9:56 PM) *

Paramore did that? noexpression.gif I thought, they were nice.

Way to love your fans really. I hate when bands are rude to fans. Hello were the reason your working idiot.

--------------------
I don't really watch American Idol anymore. I don't really post here much.
+Quote Post
dianaISlove<3
post Aug 22nd 2007, 1:07 AM
Post #20

Fav. AI3: Diana DeGarmo
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. 3rd Fav. Tamyra Gray

Coolest:

Tsunami Bomb: My favorite band, met them/hung out with them about 14 times. Nicest most real people i have ever met.

Paramore: I met them January 2006, Hayley was the sweetest, cutet thing. I had a belt that had Emily(lead singer of Tsunami Bomb sign everytime i met her, which was 14) so Hayley said "Hey! I wanna sign it that many times too, or wait I got a better idea, i'll sign it everytime i meet you too!" hahaha it was great.

Aiden: Met Will, and he was like come to out after party, i was like I am! and he was like good, see you there. Very cool kids.

Goodnight Sunrise: Nice, sweet boys.

No uncool bands yet, but the ones that didn't come out and sign at a show, which is VERY unlikely pissed me off, especially Flyleaf.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 4:34 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol