Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

486 Pages V « < 484 485 486   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.
vistadiva
post Yesterday, 10:24 AM
Post #9701

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. "It ain't that deep"

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Mar 25th 2015, 6:24 PM) *

HEADS UP, GUYS!!!!

I WAS TOLD THAT BAD GATEWAY MESSAGES ARE CAUSED BY HIGH TRAFFIC... SINCE TONIGHT AI IS AIRED ON FOX, BE PREPARED FOR A TRUCK LOAD OF THOSE MESSAGES!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

original.gif

SERIOUSLY???? So how come we never see these....or something like them.... on other high traffic sites? AND...we get these bad gateway messages when there is no AI.

Methinks there are more serious issues...like an under powered server. Perhaps they need to be looking into an upgrade of their hardware. I, for one, am tired of being a paying member and getting such lousy service. Time to go the free route.

HA!! I just got one again trying to post this....at 9:24 AM. I call BS on that excuse!!

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Yesterday, 10:24 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

madamimadam
post Yesterday, 10:35 AM
Post #9702

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

QUOTE(vistadiva @ Mar 26th 2015, 11:24 AM) *

SERIOUSLY???? So how come we never see these....or something like them.... on other high traffic sites? AND...we get these bad gateway messages when there is no AI.

Methinks there are more serious issues...like an under powered server. Perhaps they need to be looking into an upgrade of their hardware. I, for one, am tired of being a paying member and getting such lousy service. Time to go the free route.

HA!! I just got one again trying to post this....at 9:24 AM. I call BS on that excuse!!

Well, considering the disaster that was going on last night during AI versus now, I find it plausible.

They're still waiting for the hardware upgrade.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Yesterday, 10:58 AM
Post #9703

Group Icon

Sooooooooooo, things are quiet this morning. This would be an ideal time for me to catch up on my personal paperwork and prepare my taxes, right? Now, I need somebody to kick my butt out of this lazyboy so I can go do it.... or maybe I'll just fiddle with things on line... or maybe I'll take a disco nap... Oh! The struggle!

roll2.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Post #9704

Group Icon

QUOTE(vistadiva @ Mar 26th 2015, 12:55 PM) *

I think we need a new site for Adam....maybe madam.com??? haha.gif

IMHO...and I do know a few things about tech....the equipment needs an upgrade...it cannot handle the traffic. OFC, that requires an investment...and maybe they are unwilling to do that. Which means things will only get worse.

This isn't a new problem..it goes back quite some time. But it has gotten worse over the last 6 months or so. I'm sure we've lost many members (and guests) because they repeatedly couldn't sign on. And even members who are still here have stopped posting because they can't.

Just spoke to Tom. The 502 messages are directly linked to the hardware replacement pieces they are waiting for. It gets worse in times of high traffic.

He is 'hoping' to have the pieces by next week and if so, will install them next weekend.

This is my 'home'. I'm not going anywhere. And JSYK, to create our own board requires a hell of a lot more technical resources that I have access to... so that's an absolute no go...

huggy.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Yesterday, 2:39 PM
Post #9705

Group Icon

OK, I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS. I JUST SPOKE TO BUZZ AND UNTIL THE NEW HARDWARE IS INSTALLED, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE THE GATEWAY PROBLEM. HE CAN TWEAK SOMETHING THAT WILL REMOVE THE GATEWAY MESSAGES BUT IT WILL MAKE LOADING A PAGE LONGER.

SO SPEAK UP! DO YOU PREFER:

1. GATEWAY MESSAGE

2. SLOW CIRCLE OF DEATH

I TOLD HIM NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING FOR AN HOUR OR SO UNTIL I TOOK THE 'PULSE' FROM ADAM'S FORUM.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Yesterday, 2:47 PM
Post #9706

Group: Members

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Mar 26th 2015, 3:39 PM) *

OK, I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS. I JUST SPOKE TO BUZZ AND UNTIL THE NEW HARDWARE IS INSTALLED, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE THE GATEWAY PROBLEM. HE CAN TWEAK SOMETHING THAT WILL REMOVE THE GATEWAY MESSAGES BUT IT WILL MAKE LOADING A PAGE LONGER.

1. GATEWAY MESSAGE

2. SLOW CIRCLE OF DEATH

I TOLD HIM NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING FOR AN HOUR OR SO UNTIL I TOOK THE 'PULSE' FROM ADAM'S FORUM.

Gateway message.

--------------------
+Quote Post
infinite
post Yesterday, 2:48 PM
Post #9707

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Mar 26th 2015, 8:39 PM) *

1. GATEWAY MESSAGE

2. SLOW CIRCLE OF DEATH

Can I have number 2? haha.gif

--------------------
You don't know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Yesterday, 3:13 PM
Post #9708

Group Icon

I made a poll, guys. Please let your preference matter. It's anonymous so even lurkers should vote!

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
tnkrbell80
post Yesterday, 5:45 PM
Post #9709

in other important news....

has anyone read this article?

http://news.yahoo.com/california-acts-agai...-231339865.html

there is a petition to get this atty disbarred. sign it and pass it around!!!!!!!!

https://www.change.org/p/california-state-b...tter_responsive

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Yesterday, 8:35 PM
Post #9710

Group Icon

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Mar 26th 2015, 11:58 AM) *

Sooooooooooo, things are quiet this morning. This would be an ideal time for me to catch up on my personal paperwork and prepare my taxes, right? Now, I need somebody to kick my butt out of this lazyboy so I can go do it.... or maybe I'll just fiddle with things on line... or maybe I'll take a disco nap... Oh! The struggle!

roll2.gif

I am happy to report that all my personal paperwork is done, my tax papers are all gathered and organized, have an appointment with my accountant for next Friday...

Guilty feelings... be gone!!!!!

roll2.gif

Now, I'm off to bed to do some jigsaw puzzles on my iPad... the ultimate relaxation... IMHO!

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
svca
post Yesterday, 9:02 PM
Post #9711

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Mar 26th 2015, 5:35 PM) *

I am happy to report that all my personal paperwork is done, my tax papers are all gathered and organized, have an appointment with my accountant for next Friday...

Guilty feelings... be gone!!!!!

roll2.gif

Now, I'm off to bed to do some jigsaw puzzles on my iPad... the ultimate relaxation... IMHO!

I've discovered the online jigsaw puzzles, too....totally addicting....and I don't have to worry about leaving a mess all over the house from puzzles in progress.

I love the Adam-tagged ones wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
♥JM♥
post Today, 2:51 AM
Post #9712

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Mar 26th 2015, 12:38 PM) *

Just spoke to Tom. The 502 messages are directly linked to the hardware replacement pieces they are waiting for. It gets worse in times of high traffic.

He is 'hoping' to have the pieces by next week and if so, will install them next weekend.

This is my 'home'. I'm not going anywhere. And JSYK, to create our own board requires a hell of a lot more technical resources that I have access to... so that's an absolute no go...

huggy.gif

I'd happily ditch this place for some new up-to-date Adam Forum.Solely dedicated to Adam.Something like Adamtopia (or this format), but not so messy and with better design.This forum is a dinosaur and it's focus is on AI.Something I feel should only be sidenote in Adam's career by now.He has been there 6 years ago.Still this is just a sub-forum, clearly with not enough sections that are needed.If and when hopefully he will gain new fans because OF HIS NEW MUSIC, I don't think for those new fans the first choice would be AI forum.But right now Adam doesn't have his own descent place.All the places are dead or out-of-date more or less.

Yeah, they say they'll fix this place and how long has this "bad gateway"-problem has been going on?They don't make it known to the posters, they don't make announcements of any kind of the situations, only when someone (Marie) PMs them.

I can't believe some people are paying to be here.The benefits are really nothing special.They all have free options available.And who needs to storage for 1000 pm's?! haha.gif But where it really counts: The board functionality, that can't be quaranteed.Or it's s-l-o-w.And has yet to happen.But ofcourse whatever people want to do with their money is their choice.Maybe I'd even donate few dollars to some Adam's own forum for keeping it up-to-date but hell no I'm subsribing to some AI forum that doesn't even work or the show I don't even watch.There are free forum options available so money isn't really needed but with money comes more features if they are necessary.Personally: I'd happily do some designs because I'm into graphics anyway as a suggestion to the board's theme.And since people are always saying here "why don't you do something and help?" so yeah, I could help.Maybe it would feel even more "home" if it'd be group effort from Adam fans throwing ideas, making suggestions and helping with what they can.That how it sometimes works on some boards.

But yet: Out of all the options for now that I've seen this is still the best.But that isn't really saying much.
I really don't have hope for a new place, because I think it's too much work for one person and if people are too busy/lazy to even search all the things Adam and just come here to be served by Marie (storage) then maybe they are too busy/lazy for anything more either.And I completely understand the real life.That's normal.That why group effort is good.I have a real life myself, but I could do something for sure.Where there's a will, there's a way.But I don't have any will for this place where even posting is challenging for the reasons that are in another thread.

But oh well I have other places to keep me busy besides this and maybe a miracle will come and they open a brand new forum to AO.....or something.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
3ku1
post Today, 3:38 AM
Post #9713

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

Only hope you have for a new site. Is the possible one WB is creating. Or they may revamp AO. AO for a while has been like a load of mud in Adams shoe haha. I like the people on the site. But the site itself is Adams official site. And mostly likely the place potential new fans well visit. That is NOT a great representation of Adam. To be fair though the RCA mods said after Adam parted ways of RCA, most of the rights to the site were up in their air. You got to the forum it is like a deserted dessert haha. Theirs a few posters who hang around, I visit every now and then. But theirs only what four people, and being a 26 year old male not really alot of people my age. In fact I know no one my age who likes Adam Lambert lol. My family gives me crap for it haha. But anyway well see.

--------------------
+Quote Post

486 Pages V « < 484 485 486
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Mar 27th 2015, 12:20 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol