Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favorite Scotty AI Moments, Long live season 10
Mamalety1949
post Jan 3rd 2012, 1:27 AM
Post #41

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. Scotty McCreery

I can not think of a 'favorite moment'. I'd have to say that every episode was my favorite heart.gif

This post has been edited by Mamalety1949: Jan 9th 2012, 12:32 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
SCOTTY IS PURE COUNTRY BECAUSE COUNTRY IS DOWN TO EARTH FOR THE EARTH
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 3rd 2012, 1:27 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Mamalety1949
post Jan 3rd 2012, 1:46 AM
Post #42

Fav. Scotty McCreery

wub.gif EVERY single AI moment with Scotty is my favorite but if I had to pick I would say:

1. When Scotty was announced winner on AI, even though I knew the answer I cried with joy. wub.gif

2. When I met Scotty, got a hug and he autographed my shirt, July 6, Utah AI concert. wub.gif

This post has been edited by Mamalety1949: Jan 3rd 2012, 1:46 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
SCOTTY IS PURE COUNTRY BECAUSE COUNTRY IS DOWN TO EARTH FOR THE EARTH
+Quote Post
amc
post Jan 3rd 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #43

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI13: Dexter and Sam

QUOTE(DMJ2259 @ Jan 2nd 2012, 10:20 PM) *

Ok this was my favorite Ford Video and Scotty looks absolutely adorbs wub.gif love his hair in this video. Plus it just looked liked it was so much fun. And for all the Hotty shippers the way he looks at Haley wub.gif haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif Sorry couldn't resist

Yes that was definitely my favorite too! Not only for Hotty heart.gif but the beach and the way Scotty sings in the refrain. He sounds so good wub.gif I'd love to hear him sing Smile alone.

--------------------
IPB Image
Buy Scotty McCreery Top 10 RADIO HIT See You Tonight and new single FEELIN' IT!
+Quote Post
DMJ2259
post Jan 3rd 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(amc @ Jan 3rd 2012, 12:26 PM) *

Yes that was definitely my favorite too! Not only for Hotty heart.gif but the beach and the way Scotty sings in the refrain. He sounds so good wub.gif I'd love to hear him sing Smile alone.

I loved the way he sounded myself and would love to hear him do it alone also. yes.gif He would kill it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mm99
post Jan 3rd 2012, 1:36 PM
Post #45

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. Team McCreery145 MC113 SM345

QUOTE(CountryTiger @ Jan 1st 2012, 9:02 PM) *

thumbsup.gif I already listened to it at least 15 times. original.gif

I think the little bits in all the group numbers really show that he should have won hands down. He is so much better than anyone else it hurts!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Jan 3rd 2012, 8:13 PM
Post #46

I don't really have favorite moments...so much as milestones:

Long Black Train - gave him a chance to recover from Nuts of Wonder -- and it was great.

The River and Letters from Home proved he could sing material not originated by Josh T...and make it truly memorable.

Can I Trust You with My Heart - gave him an opportunity to display more range and emotion. At that point, I felt he could do almost anything vocally.

That's All Right Mama - a glimpse of the great performer to come.

You've Got a Friend - Even knowing how good he was and could be, this performance just about knocked me off my feet.

Where Were You -showed how strong his convictions were, and that he had the talent to back it up.

Gone - Just adored this performance. He was having a ball -- and inviting his audience to share it with him.

She Believes in Me -- made me enjoy a song I'd never particularly liked. Now, that's talent.

I actually loved every performance of his on Idol. But these were milestones, like I said.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
stcecilia
post Jan 3rd 2012, 8:53 PM
Post #47

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Jan 3rd 2012, 8:13 PM) *

I don't really have favorite moments...so much as milestones:

Long Black Train - gave him a chance to recover from Nuts of Wonder -- and it was great.

The River and Letters from Home proved he could sing material not originated by Josh T...and make it truly memorable.

Can I Trust You with My Heart - gave him an opportunity to display more range and emotion. At that point, I felt he could do almost anything vocally.

That's All Right Mama - a glimpse of the great performer to come.

You've Got a Friend - Even knowing how good he was and could be, this performance just about knocked me off my feet.

Where Were You -showed how strong his convictions were, and that he had the talent to back it up.

Gone - Just adored this performance. He was having a ball -- and inviting his audience to share it with him.

She Believes in Me -- made me enjoy a song I'd never particularly liked. Now, that's talent.

I actually loved every performance of his on Idol. But these were milestones, like I said.

Very well put... sorcerer.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
drdeb
post Jan 3rd 2012, 9:24 PM
Post #48

While I loved EVERY performance, I did have my favorites: Long Black Train, I Cross My Heart, That's Alright Mama, Gone, Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning, Are You Going to Kiss Me or Not?, ILYTB and Live Like You Were Dying.

I also loved the special FAMILY moments:
-- Scotty's shout out to his maternal grandmother during Country Comfort
-- Dad singing 'baby lock them doors' after Scotty's amazing rendition of She Believes in Me (AND Scotty's adorable reaction)
-- Scotty's paternal grandmother's 'awwwwwwwwwww' inspiring response, "He's just my Scotty" after Ryan Seacrest asked for her reaction to Scotty's performance of Always on My Mind (AND, once again, Scotty's adorable reaction).

These family moments (and there were so many more) did as much to cement Scotty's bond with the AI audience as his AWESOME singing performances . . . Thanks goodness for dvds and youtube -- I'll be re-watching these moments for years to come!! heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Craig Bennett
post Jan 3rd 2012, 9:29 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(DMJ2259 @ Jan 2nd 2012, 10:20 PM) *

Ok this was my favorite Ford Video and Scotty looks absolutely adorbs wub.gif love his hair in this video. Plus it just looked liked it was so much fun. And for all the Hotty shippers the way he looks at Haley wub.gif haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif Sorry couldn't resist

I enjoyed watching those videos. Again, a first for me. You can tell Scotty is a pretty good athlete, even though he can't beat his friends or family in any sport. haha.gif Joking Scotty.

--------------------
+Quote Post
DinaGator
post Jan 4th 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #50

I love all of the Scotty moments and this is a great thread to relive them. I would have to add when he sang "Amazed". He was so mature and showed so much emotion. I couldn't stop re-watching it. It blew me away.
(I'd load the video but don't know how blushing.gif )

--------------------
+Quote Post
summerthyme
post Jan 4th 2012, 11:44 AM
Post #51

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
amc
post Jan 4th 2012, 11:45 AM
Post #52

My favorite episode was Top 3 because we got 3 songs. (I know we did for finale too but the rushed pace and some of judges' comments irked me, so I really only enjoyed Scotty's performances)

haha I see some people mentioned Amazed while I was typing this. ITA! original.gif

One of my favorite songs wub.gif Beyonce was the mentor and she kind of told him he didn't have to go for the high notes because his lower notes were so good, but he chose to do it anyway and I'm glad he did. I feel this episode he showed the most range. I actually like the performance version even more than the studio (even though that is fantastic) because of how he kept going up and up with bettererer. A lot of emotion in this performance.

AYGKMON was my fav performance because I really wanted him to sing that song, another one of my favorite songs. The Thompson Square version was high on my most played list and now I only listen to Scotty's version haha.gif

And several people have mentioned She Believed In Me with the nice Mr. McCreery part at the end somebody talked about.

I thought it was a weird choice for 17 year old, but Scotty sang it so well. IMO it's probably one of his best performances that kind of went under the radar. I never heard the song before, but I kind of cried a little when I heard him sing it. For the whole season, only songs I got a little teary-eyed on were this, WWYWTWST, and when he won.

This post has been edited by amc: Jan 4th 2012, 11:48 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
DinaGator
post Jan 4th 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #53

Thank you for bringing those over. That was my favorite episode too, he knocked all three songs out of the park.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Warmysun
post Jan 4th 2012, 3:49 PM
Post #54

Iím up to my ears in work, so I havenít had time to visit the forum much, but this is such a good topic that I have to post my opinion.

Itís hard to choose one favorite Scotty moment since I have so many. But thereís one that always comes to my mind even though at that moment I didnít particularly cared if he made it to the top 24 or not.

Right after the Long Black Train performance he said to Jennifer something like: my grandma told me to tell you Iím quarter Puerto Rican. It was such a random thing to say I found myself thinking Ďoh please kid, you couldnít be whiter if you tried!í and at the same time I was like Ďaw, how adorable!í And as if that wasnít enough, the way he smiled when Randy gave him the good news was probably my favorite contestant reaction that night.

Since then I started paying more attention to him. And the rest is history.

Ok. Got to go back to work. Happy new year everyone!

--------------------
+Quote Post
stcecilia
post Jan 4th 2012, 4:33 PM
Post #55

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

QUOTE(Warmysun @ Jan 4th 2012, 3:49 PM) *

Iím up to my ears in work, so I havenít had time to visit the forum much, but this is such a good topic that I have to post my opinion.

Itís hard to choose one favorite Scotty moment since I have so many. But thereís one that always comes to my mind even though at that moment I didnít particularly cared if he made it to the top 24 or not.

Right after the Long Black Train performance he said to Jennifer something like: my grandma told me to tell you Iím quarter Puerto Rican. It was such a random thing to say I found myself thinking Ďoh please kid, you couldnít be whiter if you tried!í and at the same time I was like Ďaw, how adorable!í And as if that wasnít enough, the way he smiled when Randy gave him the good news was probably my favorite contestant reaction that night.

Since then I started paying more attention to him. And the rest is history.

Ok. Got to go back to work. Happy new year everyone!

There are white people in Puerto Rico. Yes he is really adorable.

--------------------
+Quote Post
arw1950
post Jan 4th 2012, 4:55 PM
Post #56

Fav. Team McCreery#151

I dont;t really have a favorite because Scotty blew me away from the moment he opened his mouth to sing!

However a favorite moment for me was when this kid stood up there in front of everyone and apologized for not sticking up for Jaycee and said that he should have been a man! I was so proud of him at that moment and i became a fan forever! I have so much respect for Scotty and i am just so blessed to be a fan!

--------------------
+Quote Post
dusty_125125
post Jan 4th 2012, 5:08 PM
Post #57

so glad also that you brought those songs over

Scotty did a fantastic job on she believes in me but

i loved it when MR Mike did Baby Lock them doors....

he's got a really good voice too!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NCMom
post Jan 4th 2012, 8:43 PM
Post #58

These are so much fun to look back at. Really enjoying the memories. For me, it was like I was thunderstruck at his Milwaukee audition when he first sang. My daughter and I had been watching and when he opened his mouth to sing, we both looked at each other. I thought, this is what I have been waiting for in country music. He was such a kid, so genuine and humble, that captured me for the rest of the season and it never went backward.

--------------------
+Quote Post
amc
post Jan 8th 2012, 3:54 PM
Post #59

If this is Brad Paisley/Keith Urban duet, perhaps Scotty could take Keith's part and sing it with Brad on tour?

I really liked this, and James did very well with it also.

Also I loved Scotty's Go Away Little Girl.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
buttons66
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:50 PM
Post #60

Like many of yall I didn't have one clear favorite 'cos Scotty blew me away from the get-go and continued from week to week!But I thank everyone for bringing over the videos ,its so nice to travel down memory lane and relive those great moments on that journey with Scotty.As far as I'm concerned bring over the not-so-favorites too so we have our own video library of Scotty.I can listen to him 24/7 wub.gif

Personally I have to admit my most favorite moment was the night he won..........not a song but a moment,because I knew I was going to be absolutely mortified if Scotty did not win.I had never really watched Idol that much but this kid grabbed at my heartstrings and kept me wanting more,even to changing my work schedules to be home Mon/Tues evenings haha.gif (yeah I manipulated the schedules for my benefit----only for Scotty!) crying.gif

Thanks again for the videos .What a year 2011 was for Idol and Scotty-not sure whether that will happen again for me and his other gazillion fans.He's a special young man in every aspect wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 21st 2014, 5:23 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol