Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

569 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rhydian, the superstar on a horizon!, One Day Like This - Classical Album
Mazziemazz
post Dec 30th 2007, 9:22 AM
Post #41

Group: Members

QUOTE(Brit_Idol @ Dec 30th 2007, 8:04 AM) *

Rhydian is a baritone, not a tenor, so that made the rest of your post redundant for me. original.gif And I doubt you'll find many good tenors singing in bars...

Once again, this thread is about Rhydian, not Leona. Please go and post about Leona in her own thread... original.gif

tenor, baritone whatever he tries to be operatic when in reality all he is, is a poor mans paul potts, and paul potts is a poor man's liberache (sp?)

so thats Rhydian pretty far down the class scale.

and if you ignore the rest of my post and brand it as nonsense due to one mistake I made thats real immature you pretend its all just nonsense because you dont like reading an opinion that differs from yours/

leona was brought up by other people, you spoke about her in a negative way in this thread so im entitled to carry on the discussion its called freedom of speech..something I dont think you like when it differs from your opinion.

This post has been edited by Mazziemazz: Dec 30th 2007, 9:26 AM

--------------------
The Goddess
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 30th 2007, 9:22 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

liz0509
post Dec 30th 2007, 9:36 AM
Post #42

Of course Rhydian is not going to appeal to everyone but he certainly attracted a lot of attention and many, many fans with his performances on the X Factor. I do not normally watch this show but by chance landed on the channel just as he was singing Phantom of the Opera in week 2 - a truly mesmerising performance which showcased his incredible stage presence, it was this performance which really captured the imagination of the viewers and won him many admirers, including Simon Cowell and the other judges.
There is no point comparing him others, each singer is unique and will have their own fans. They can exist together in the music world. But he is not weird, he is an extremely intelligent and articulate young man - an interviewer's dream, he is modest and hard working and very versatile - a real performer and showman who also won critical aclaim and awards during his university studies.

Rhydian's Phantom of the opera performance:
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...-phantom-of-the

All his other performances:
http://www.dailymotion.com/videos/relevance/search/rhydian/1

This post has been edited by liz0509: Dec 30th 2007, 9:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
maydalena
post Dec 30th 2007, 9:45 AM
Post #43

And to add one more "quality" of Rhydian.
He is having the body of Apolon! heart.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif whistling.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

w00twave.gif wub.gif w00twave.gif wub.gif heart.gif

I am sure that Josh can't compete with Rhyd in this compartement! devil.gif bleh.gif devil.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madmary
post Dec 30th 2007, 9:54 AM
Post #44

QUOTE(Mazziemazz @ Dec 30th 2007, 2:22 PM) *

tenor, baritone whatever he tries to be operatic when in reality all he is, is a poor mans paul potts, and paul potts is a poor man's liberache (sp?)

so thats Rhydian pretty far down the class scale.

and if you ignore the rest of my post and brand it as nonsense due to one mistake I made thats real immature you pretend its all just nonsense because you dont like reading an opinion that differs from yours/

leona was brought up by other people, you spoke about her in a negative way in this thread so im entitled to carry on the discussion its called freedom of speech..something I dont think you like when it differs from your opinion.

Liberace was a pianist wasn't he? How could a singer be a poor man's pianist?

Mary

--------------------
+Quote Post
maydalena
post Dec 30th 2007, 9:58 AM
Post #45

QUOTE(madmary @ Dec 30th 2007, 9:54 AM) *

Liberace was a pianist wasn't he? How could a singer be a poor man's pianist?

Mary

Mary, I assume some people at this Forum don't know what they are talking about.... bleh.gif wacko.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
liz0509
post Dec 30th 2007, 9:58 AM
Post #46

QUOTE(Mazziemazz @ Dec 30th 2007, 9:22 AM) *

so thats Rhydian pretty far down the class scale........

Except we have yet to hear Rhydian sing opera, and he can do this very well indeed as is clear from the critical acclaim and awards he received while at university at the prestigious Birmingham Conservatorium. He is no Paul Potts, at 24 he has not even begun his operatic career, his voice will first mature in many years. But he is certainly no 'poor man's Paul Potts', he possesses stage presence and charisma and is versatile, over the eight weeks he provided the most varied performances ranging from Meatloaf, through to Phantom of the opera, You Raise Me Up, to name but a few. The latter was a performance for which he received a personal letter from the song-writer who named it the best performance of his song that he had ever heard. Leona is very talented, will probably be a super-star but is too different to compare - there is no need to, there is enough room in the music world for Leona, Paul Potts, Josh Groban and Rhydian and who ever else might come along.
Perhaps you do not rate Rhydian, that is your perogative - but it doesn't take away from the fact that he is a very talented young man who single-handedly made this year's X Factor worth watching.

--------------------
+Quote Post
maydalena
post Dec 30th 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #47

Many faces of Rhydian! wub.gif

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-tIoDL3z5g.../rhydianroberts

wub.gif heart.gif wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Camera
post Dec 30th 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #48

QUOTE(liz0509 @ Dec 30th 2007, 9:58 AM) *

Except we have yet to hear Rhydian sing opera, and he can do this very well indeed as is clear from the critical acclaim and awards he received while at university at the prestigious Birmingham Conservatorium. He is no Paul Potts, at 24 he has not even begun his operatic career, his voice will first mature in many years. But he is certainly no 'poor man's Paul Potts', he possesses stage presence and charisma and is versatile, over the eight weeks he provided the most varied performances ranging from Meatloaf, through to Phantom of the opera, You Raise Me Up, to name but a few. The latter was a performance for which he received a personal letter from the song-writer who named it the best performance of his song that he had ever heard. Leona is very talented, will probably be a super-star but is too different to compare - there is no need to, there is enough room in the music world for Leona, Paul Potts, Josh Groban and Rhydian and who ever else might come along.
Perhaps you do not rate Rhydian, that is your perogative - but it doesn't take away from the fact that he is a very talented young man who single-handedly made this year's X Factor worth watching.

He is much better than Paul Potts, thats for sure.

--------------------
+Quote Post
maydalena
post Dec 30th 2007, 2:24 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(liz0509 @ Dec 30th 2007, 9:58 AM) *

After the Finale at X Factor Rhydian also recieved the personal letter from British Prime Minister Gordon Brown expressing his admiration for Rhydian and his singing. innocent.gif Even PM is a fan of Rhydian! yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Brit_Idol
post Dec 30th 2007, 2:49 PM
Post #50

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. X Factor: Rhydian Roberts

I don't understand the people who have come in here with the sole intention of putting Rhydian down. I wouldn't dream of doing that with Leona in her thread, or whomever else is being discussed on here. I seriously doubt you are going to change our minds, as music, like most things is subjective, isn't it? So it's all rather pointless and is just likely to cause arguments.

From the News of the Word newspaper today:

"X-Factor loser (we'll ignore that obvious error) Rhydian Roberts has an aching hand after spending Christmas writing letters to more than 1000 fans.

The 23-year old blond singer penned personal replies to a flood of mail at his home in mid-Wales, before jetting out to Mexico for a holiday on Thursday.

His father Malcolm said: 'It's typical of Rhydian that he wanted to look after his fans.'"

This post has been edited by Brit_Idol: Dec 30th 2007, 2:51 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
- Thanks istersay for the sig. :O)
+Quote Post
maydalena
post Dec 30th 2007, 3:47 PM
Post #51

QUOTE(Brit_Idol @ Dec 30th 2007, 2:49 PM) *

I don't understand the people who have come in here with the sole intention of putting Rhydian down. I wouldn't dream of doing that with Leona in her thread, or whomever else is being discussed on here. I seriously doubt you are going to change our minds, as music, like most things is subjective, isn't it? So it's all rather pointless and is just likely to cause arguments.

From the News of the Word newspaper today:

"X-Factor loser (we'll ignore that obvious error) Rhydian Roberts has an aching hand after spending Christmas writing letters to more than 1000 fans.

The 23-year old blond singer penned personal replies to a flood of mail at his home in mid-Wales, before jetting out to Mexico for a holiday on Thursday.

His father Malcolm said: 'It's typical of Rhydian that he wanted to look after his fans.'"

How sweet is that from Rhydian! innocent.gif
He is such an angel! heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
maydalena
post Dec 30th 2007, 4:20 PM
Post #52

QUOTE(pieceandluv @ Dec 30th 2007, 3:46 PM) *

Josh Groban
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Josh Groban

Background information
Birth name Joshua Winslow Groban
Born February 27, 1981 (1981-02-27) (age 26)
Los Angeles, California,
United States
Genre(s) Classical
Pop
Gospel
Occupation(s) Singer
Instrument(s) Singing, piano, drums
Years active 1997-present
Label(s) 143/Reprise
Website http://www.joshgroban.com
Joshua Winslow Groban (born February 27, 1981) is a Grammy-nominated American singer/songwriter known for his mature and lyrical baritone voice.
Obviously you don't know about Josh Groban. If you ever really listen Josh has far better low tone and depth then Rhydian. Your fav looks very old for 24, and that's perhaps because he's so thin?? I think he's too addicted to working out or something. I suppose he's got talent, but I'm with Sharon Osborne, and I'll just leave it at that. Take care, I'm outta here.

Are you saying that Rhydian is thin?
Does Rhyd appear to you as being thin on these pics? shocked.gif bleh.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
istersay
post Dec 30th 2007, 8:36 PM
Post #53

Search and Destroy
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

QUOTE(Brit_Idol @ Dec 30th 2007, 11:49 AM) *

I don't understand the people who have come in here with the sole intention of putting Rhydian down.

I don't get it either, unsure.gif I don't that much about him, but people that like him shouldn't have to defend their personal taste. Everyone is entitled to have their own favorites.

QUOTE(Zoey0069 @ Dec 28th 2007, 4:11 PM) *

Leona Lewis.. She's absolutely phenominal and will probably have more sales than any other idol winner from over here. Actually, she'll probably sell more than most of the artists who are out now.

Feel free to go discuss Leona in her own threads. original.gif

Leona Lewis Thread

and for Josh fans

Josh Groban Thread

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Zfan
post Dec 31st 2007, 1:41 AM
Post #54

Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

Of course Rhydian is a major young talent !!!! At least Andrew Lloyd Webber wants him for the Phantom of the opera sequel.

--------------------
AI10: Casey, Paul, James TAR18: Jet & Cord Apprentice11: Richard Hatch
IPB Image
ANTM16: Hannah, Brittani, Jaclyn, Monique Survivor RI: Stephanie, Andrea, Matt
+Quote Post
maydalena
post Dec 31st 2007, 7:53 AM
Post #55

QUOTE(Zfan @ Dec 31st 2007, 1:41 AM) *

Of course Rhydian is a major young talent !!!! At least Andrew Lloyd Webber wants him for the Phantom of the opera sequel.

Here is the Rhyd's performance "The Phantom of Opera" from the X Factor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSUuOlsEDfU...feature=related

With this performance Rhydian has been "dragging" me again and again into some strange ecstasy of pleasure, yearning and sadness. heart.gif
If you want to see world class performance of "The Phantom of The Opera" cklick on the link above! yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
liz0509
post Dec 31st 2007, 8:14 AM
Post #56

QUOTE(maydalena @ Dec 31st 2007, 7:53 AM) *

Here is the Rhyd's performance "The Phantom of Opera" from the X Factor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSUuOlsEDfU...feature=related

With this performance Rhydian has been "dragging" me again and again into some strange ecstasy of pleasure, yearning and sadness. heart.gif
If you want to see world class performance of "The Phantom of The Opera" cklick on the link above! yes.gif

This was the performance that grabbed the attention of many - including that of myself and, more importantly, that of Andrew Lloyd-Webber.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Brit_Idol
post Dec 31st 2007, 9:49 AM
Post #57

QUOTE(istersay @ Dec 30th 2007, 8:36 PM) *

I don't get it either, unsure.gif I don't that much about him, but people that like him shouldn't have to defend their personal taste. Everyone is entitled to have their own favorites.
Feel free to go discuss Leona in her own threads. original.gif

Leona Lewis Thread

and for Josh fans

Josh Groban Thread
Thank you istersay. I really like your sig, by the way, very pretty. original.gif

This post has been edited by Brit_Idol: Dec 31st 2007, 9:50 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
istersay
post Dec 31st 2007, 2:21 PM
Post #58

Search and Destroy
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Thanks original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
maydalena
post Dec 31st 2007, 2:32 PM
Post #59

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

to all the Rhydian fans all over the world,
to all the members of IdolForums
and all the moderators! wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Brit_Idol
post Dec 31st 2007, 3:39 PM
Post #60

Same to you maydalena. original.gif I like your sig as well. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

569 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 23rd 2014, 8:08 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol