Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For all the new(ish) Adam fans - Please tell us your story!, How did Adam affect/change your life?
madamimadam
post Mar 26th 2011, 11:00 AM
Post #61

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

QUOTE(Tiki'srose @ Mar 26th 2011, 11:57 AM) *

Madam I think it should also include anyone who fell in love with Adam on AI too as I am sure there are many lurkers still out there who have followed this board more or less from the beginning, but are still unsure about de-lurking and coming on board. original.gif

It took me over a year to get my confidence up enough to delurk, and I am so glad that I did. I have enjoyed every minute of being here, so lurkers don't be afraid to delurk just take the plunge like I did and join this Glamily family. grin.gif

You are absolutely right!!!!!

Don't be shy people! This is a safe place to share your Adam love and discovery. We're in this together and Skanks are always here to lend a helping hand....

IPB Image

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 26th 2011, 11:00 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Tiki'srose
post Mar 26th 2011, 11:19 AM
Post #62

Group: Members

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Mar 26th 2011, 12:00 PM) *

Don't be shy people! This is a safe place to share your Adam love and discovery. We're in this together and Skanks are always here to lend a helping hand....

IPB Image

I just love that picture. It's the cutest thing! heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Mar 26th 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #63

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(aviddem @ Mar 24th 2011, 3:13 PM) *

clap.gif Madame clap.gif Excellent idea resurrecting this thread! C'mon newbies, tell us your stories!

I've been around here since the beginning, but I'll tell a story of a new fan I've been working on...

I have a sister who is a devout christian and only listens to christian radio. I gave all my sisters Adam's acoustic EP for Christmas, and this sister kind of wrinkled her nose a bit, and I could tell she was ready to be all judgemental (like some Christians tend to do angry.gif ). She never even opened it and a couple of weeks later she asked if I would mind if she gave it to our cousin who is a fan of Adams. I said sure, that's ok. blarg.gif

A few days later, I sent her a message on Facebook and embedded a youtube of Adam singing "The Prayer" by David Foster. She loved it and actually posted it on her wall, and said she might even open the acoustic CD and give it a listen. (I don't know if she actually has yet, but she did not give it away thumbsup.gif ). Fast forward a few weeks, and she, my mom and I were watching Idol, and this sister loved James Durbin's performance of You Got Another Thing Coming. She was in awe of James' wails, and I told her if you liked that, you're gonna LOVE this. I played Adam singing Born to be Wild on my laptop while she had on my earbuds, and you should have seen her face!!!! She was actually squealing and clapping towards the end, and I kept motioning shhhhh, he's not done yet, listen to that last vocal run.....I GOT HER!!! Rather, Adam got her!

She now wants to see all of Adam's AI performances so I used Madams's Treasure Chest of Links to burn the DVD (thanks Madame!) and she and my mom are going to watch this weekend. After that, I'm going to have her over for dinner and watch the Glam Nation DVD. I fully intend to distract her attention from the TV for the Fever kiss (I know, I know rolleyes.gif ...but baby steps, people!!!).

Show her the Amsterdam WLL stuart.gif

ETA: Randomperson's story and others proves how powerful and important YT is! grin.gif

This post has been edited by Silvia: Mar 26th 2011, 11:54 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nuuskamuikkunen
post May 31st 2011, 1:33 PM
Post #64

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

Bump since I see new posters here. It would be interesting to hear stories bye1.gif

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Mar 26th 2011, 4:00 PM) *

IPB Image

Where is this awesome pic from? wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naiya
post May 31st 2011, 2:47 PM
Post #65

I want to share my story bc I want to show people how important it is for artists to do good groundwork and promotion. I know some people who think that fans, who aren't fans from "the beginning" aren't as worthy as those who were in it from the get go.

So I didn't watch AI season 8. It was shown here(I think?), but I wasn't all that interested. I've never been a big fan of AI or the Finnish version 'Idols' or any other singing competition shown on tv for that matter. So I didn't know anything about Adam before he came to Finland on May of 2010. I heard someone sing on the Finnish 'X-Factor', I wasn't watching it, I was in another room, and thought to myself: "Good Lord this guy can SING!!!". Usually the competitors aren't all that good in Finland, and so I was really blown away. I thought they had found someone really REALLY good for once haha.gif so I went to the living room to watch the show, and no lie, when I saw Adam, my thought-pattern went like this:"That guy is HAAAWWWWTT!! That guy is NOT Finnish.... Well obviously since he can sing..."
My dad told me who he was, and I IMMEDIATELY Googled him(well..duh!). I didn't find out more than that he was AI runner-up, gay(first reaction to this:"noooooooooooo!!") and that he was really popular in Finland.
Then I forgot about him for about a few weeks and then stumbled across his name in some MCR fanpage in LJ. I remembered him and started to find out more about him and eventually watched the whole AI season 8 online. Since the end of May in 2010 I've been a fan. Lurked around here the whole 'tour summer', and finally joined last fall.
Because I'm half Finnish half Swedish, I lived in Sweden in the fall but wasn't allowed to go to his concert in there. I was "a little" bummed. And when he was in Finland, I was in Sweden still so it was a no go then also. So never seen him live, but am dying to.

That's it original.gif and I want to point out, that had Adam never come to Finland and done the promo in here, I prob would have never heard about him. yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
aquariusfin
post May 31st 2011, 3:12 PM
Post #66

QUOTE(Naiya @ May 31st 2011, 2:47 PM) *

That's it original.gif and I want to point out, that had Adam never come to Finland and done the promo in here, I prob would have never heard about him. yes.gif

That was sweet. Brought up so many sweet memories of that day heart.gif

If Adam had never come to Finland and done the promo here, I def would go to my grave without ever standing in line for 5 hours for an autograph. I def would never have experienced a new-client meeting the next morning, wondering why 4 men are staring at my hands, and discovering, that it is actually possible to achieve sales even after whispering (because you lost your voice during one live X-factor song the night before) to top-executives why your nails just happen to be painted in black and glitter.

Loving all the discoveries and experiences of the past 2,5 years. Just think what the next 25 will bring wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
LurkingRabbit
post May 31st 2011, 3:19 PM
Post #67

Okey, hereīs my story. Actually Iīve been thinking myself this for the last couple of days. Trying to remember and understand how I became obsessed with Adam. And this forum too. Sorry for all incorrectly spelled words. Itīs getting kind of late and I should be going to sleep. But I just canīt not write this right now.. So here we go.

So, sometime last year I was listening to the radio at work. I thought "oh, yes, this song again. This is really great. I love this guys voice and itīs a cathcy song" I donīt remember which song it was, but if I had to guess, Iīd say it was WWFM. But I didnīt know anything more about this man, just that has an amazing voice.

The next thing I learned (might have been the same day or some other time I heard the song on radio), that the singer was one of the contestants from American Idol. And again I was suprised, that somebody from the show could make it in international. I mean, it is a TV show, and to make a international career out of it, is kind of difficult. Or so I thought. So good for him! And then I learned that this guys name is Adam Lambert. Still didnīt know what he looked like, and I wasnīt hooked enough to start googling him.

Then I heard news, that he was going to perform in Finland, X-factor tv-show. And later last year I find out, that his tour would come to Finland as well. But still I wasnīt that much intrested in him.
I was just happy every time someone played his music on the radio, and make my day that much happier.

After that show in Finland I read from the tabloids that Adam had met Sauli in a bar after the show. I thought that it was kind of funny, because they are both known from a reality tv-show. But again I didnīt pay much attention to those articles, because they are tabloids and they tend to twist the truth sometimes..

And then came february (?) and the pictures from the disneyworld. And I was like "So there really is some kind of relationship with these two. Okey, there have been sightings of them from Paris also. How nice."
And I was happy for them. Not in the "I canīt get my eyes off of these two, because they are just too adorable" kind of happy, but just happy that two guys seems to bee having fun together.

A few days later I had some boring time at work and decided to google Adam. Just to know something more about this guy. (And it was about that time i found this forum too.) And I saw pictures, read interviews and kind of started to get really hooked. This guy is really something! I had to wait to get home to watch youtube videos about him. And probably every spare time I had for the next few weeks, I spent wathcing videos of him. Some days later I started to watch his interviews (I had a "theme day" to search different type of thing about Adam on different days). And if I hadnīt fell in love (or got obsessed) before, I was now.

He was just so adorable and awesome in every single interview I wathced. He was (is) polite, gorgeus, funny, smiling, well-mannered, down to earth, open, and still managed to be himself. Make a point if needed, be true to himself. Just be who he is, and enjoy what the life has offered to him. And be grateful of what he has. And he seems to bee having so much fun on stage, every time he gets up there. That is how I saw him and now I just canīt seem to get enough of him. Heīs smile makes me smile too. His happines is making me happy.

Sorry for the long post!

--------------------
+Quote Post
sherrie
post May 31st 2011, 3:33 PM
Post #68

QUOTE(LurkingRabbit @ May 31st 2011, 3:19 PM) *

Okey, hereīs my story. Actually Iīve been thinking myself this for the last couple of days. Trying to remember and understand how I became obsessed with Adam. And this forum too. Sorry for all incorrectly spelled words. Itīs getting kind of late and I should be going to sleep. But I just canīt not write this right now.. So here we go.

So, sometime last year I was listening to the radio at work. I thought "oh, yes, this song again. This is really great. I love this guys voice and itīs a cathcy song" I donīt remember which song it was, but if I had to guess, Iīd say it was WWFM. But I didnīt know anything more about this man, just that has an amazing voice.

The next thing I learned (might have been the same day or some other time I heard the song on radio), that the singer was one of the contestants from American Idol. And again I was suprised, that somebody from the show could make it in international. I mean, it is a TV show, and to make a international career out of it, is kind of difficult. Or so I thought. So good for him! And then I learned that this guys name is Adam Lambert. Still didnīt know what he looked like, and I wasnīt hooked enough to start googling him.

Then I heard news, that he was going to perform in Finland, X-factor tv-show. And later last year I find out, that his tour would come to Finland as well. But still I wasnīt that much intrested in him.
I was just happy every time someone played his music on the radio, and make my day that much happier.

After that show in Finland I read from the tabloids that Adam had met Sauli in a bar after the show. I thought that it was kind of funny, because they are both known from a reality tv-show. But again I didnīt pay much attention to those articles, because they are tabloids and they tend to twist the truth sometimes..

And then came february (?) and the pictures from the disneyworld. And I was like "So there really is some kind of relationship with these two. Okey, there have been sightings of them from Paris also. How nice."
And I was happy for them. Not in the "I canīt get my eyes off of these two, because they are just too adorable" kind of happy, but just happy that two guys seems to bee having fun together.

A few days later I had some boring time at work and decided to google Adam. Just to know something more about this guy. (And it was about that time i found this forum too.) And I saw pictures, read interviews and kind of started to get really hooked. This guy is really something! I had to wait to get home to watch youtube videos about him. And probably every spare time I had for the next few weeks, I spent wathcing videos of him. Some days later I started to watch his interviews (I had a "theme day" to search different type of thing about Adam on different days). And if I hadnīt fell in love (or got obsessed) before, I was now.

He was just so adorable and awesome in every single interview I wathced. He was (is) polite, gorgeus, funny, smiling, well-mannered, down to earth, open, and still managed to be himself. Make a point if needed, be true to himself. Just be who he is, and enjoy what the life has offered to him. And be grateful of what he has. And he seems to bee having so much fun on stage, every time he gets up there. That is how I saw him and now I just canīt seem to get enough of him. Heīs smile makes me smile too. His happines is making me happy.

Sorry for the long post!

Very well put...I think Adam has that affect on most of us. flowers.gif I love his interviews almost as much as hearing him sing wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post May 31st 2011, 3:41 PM
Post #69

Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

QUOTE(LurkingRabbit @ May 31st 2011, 3:19 PM) *

Sorry for the long post!

I love your story, LurkingRabbit! Your post is very well-written and interesting. Thank you! original.gif

And welcome to this forum! flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post May 31st 2011, 3:44 PM
Post #70

QUOTE(LurkingRabbit @ May 31st 2011, 4:19 PM) *

Thanks so much for sharing. w00twave.gif Love that smile...makes me smile every time! laughing.gif wub.gif
IPB Image

This post has been edited by barb4Adam: May 31st 2011, 3:45 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LurkingRabbit
post May 31st 2011, 3:52 PM
Post #71

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ May 31st 2011, 11:41 PM) *

I love your story, LurkingRabbit! Your post is very well-written and interesting. Thank you! original.gif

And welcome to this forum! flowers.gif

Thanks! And youīre welcome.

QUOTE(barb4Adam @ May 31st 2011, 11:44 PM) *

Thanks so much for sharing. w00twave.gif Love that smile...makes me smile every time! laughing.gif wub.gif
IPB Image

And thanks for the smile. Now I go to sleep with a wide smile on my face. bye1.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post May 31st 2011, 4:49 PM
Post #72

QUOTE(Naiya @ May 31st 2011, 3:47 PM) *

I want to share my story bc I want to show people how important it is for artists to do good groundwork and promotion. I know some people who think that fans, who aren't fans from "the beginning" aren't as worthy as those who were in it from the get go.

On the contrary, Naiya, I think that the 'new' fans are extremely worthy. They prove that Adam's popularity is growing outside of the Idol bubble which is exactly what we want to happen to Adam's career. So you and all the other newbies who came to love Adam through whatever fateful Youtube/radio show/TV show/article or even through Sauli (many fans of Sauli's have discovered Adam and are now also Adam fans) are his future.

We, who were there from the beginning, may have been the cement used for the foundation, but all you lovely newbies are the bricks that will build the mansion!

huggy.gif

QUOTE(LurkingRabbit @ May 31st 2011, 4:19 PM) *

.... Heīs smile makes me smile too. His happines is making me happy.

Sorry for the long post!

I agree his smile is blinding and even more so when he is laughing at his own antics...

IPB Image

huggy.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post May 31st 2011, 5:00 PM
Post #73

QUOTE(madamimadam @ May 31st 2011, 5:49 PM) *

IPB Image
I agree his smile is blinding and even more so when he is laughing at his own antics...

huggy.gif

Does anyone know what video/song it is from...do we have the vid???

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post May 31st 2011, 5:09 PM
Post #74

QUOTE(barb4Adam @ May 31st 2011, 6:00 PM) *

Does anyone know what video/song it is from...do we have the vid???

I'm sure it's in the Russia thread... Dunno which one though, just picked up the gif from twitter.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
grammamia
post May 31st 2011, 5:31 PM
Post #75

Fav. CI5: Jaydee Bixby

QUOTE(madamimadam @ May 31st 2011, 4:49 PM) *

On the contrary, Naiya, I think that the 'new' fans are extremely worthy. They prove that Adam's popularity is growing outside of the Idol bubble which is exactly what we want to happen to Adam's career. So you and all the other newbies who came to love Adam through whatever fateful Youtube/radio show/TV show/article or even through Sauli (many fans of Sauli's have discovered Adam and are now also Adam fans) are his future.

We, who were there from the beginning, may have been the cement used for the foundation, but all you lovely newbies are the bricks that will build the mansion!

huggy.gif

IPB Image
huggy.gif

How lovely madam! well said!

Love hearing about everyones adventures in Adamland!

He is something else eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was blown away from Hollywood week.. such a rare talent!

Tried the AI boards and then found these wonderfull people here..

When I first joined Madam said.." hold on to your hat for a wonderfull ride".. or something like that!

Now I can't concieve of life without dear Adam!

huggy.gif

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. -Thomas Jefferson

"Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt. – Mohandas Gandhi
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 31st 2011, 2:46 PM
Post #76

A must see/read for the newbies (and the not-so-newbies)! AWESOME!

http://makkiee.tumblr.com/post/4726575174/i-smell-newbies

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Oct 31st 2011, 7:42 PM
Post #77

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Oct 31st 2011, 2:46 PM) *

A must see/read for the newbies (and the not-so-newbies)! AWESOME!

http://makkiee.tumblr.com/post/4726575174/i-smell-newbies

What a wonderful fairy tale. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
loveroftalent
post Oct 31st 2011, 8:08 PM
Post #78

QUOTE(Adam_Fan_Forever @ Oct 31st 2011, 8:42 PM) *

What a wonderful fairy tale. original.gif

This was so good. Adam had me at Satisfaction. First time I watched. It was my sister that told me I had to watch and see this guy Adam Lambert. So I watched and was hooked.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Oct 31st 2011, 11:15 PM
Post #79

QUOTE(loveroftalent @ Oct 31st 2011, 8:08 PM) *

This was so good. Adam had me at Satisfaction. First time I watched. It was my sister that told me I had to watch and see this guy Adam Lambert. So I watched and was hooked.

Certain songs seem to hook people. I like Satisfaction but did go cray cray til Ring of Fire!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jan 18th 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #80

Fav. Steven Tyler

Bumped for Nick original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 25th 2014, 1:15 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol