Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adam on UK radio, news
nikki11
post May 31st 2011, 2:37 AM
Post #41

Group: Members

my next radio show containing some of Adam's music and a chat about "The Art of Communication" with Cassie from Adamtopia, will be broadcast tomorrow, Tuesday 31 May at 10:30pm UK time on - I hope you guys will tune in again and let me know your thoughts http://www.mywordradio.com/ Starlight

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 31st 2011, 2:37 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Vivaldi
post May 31st 2011, 3:45 PM
Post #42

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

QUOTE(nikki11 @ May 31st 2011, 2:37 AM) *

my next radio show containing some of Adam's music and a chat about "The Art of Communication" with Cassie from Adamtopia, will be broadcast tomorrow, Tuesday 31 May at 10:30pm UK time on - I hope you guys will tune in again and let me know your thoughts http://www.mywordradio.com/ Starlight

Thanks, nikki11!

The show will be on in 45 minutes' time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post May 31st 2011, 4:36 PM
Post #43

The show is on now : original.gif

http://www.mywordradio.com/

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post May 31st 2011, 5:14 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ May 31st 2011, 4:36 PM) *

I agree with Angelina Kalahari and Christine Smith :

The ability to communicate with the audience, visuals, charisma, stage presence, the ability of making the audience to feel safe and happy and relaxed, magic.....Adam has it all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post May 31st 2011, 5:39 PM
Post #45

Towards the end of the show, Angelina played three songs which were sung live by Adam :
Come Home (Upright Cabaret), Black Or White (American Idol Live), and The Tracks Of My Tears (American Idol Live).

Thanks for the fantastic show, Angelina and Christine! grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post May 31st 2011, 5:48 PM
Post #46

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ May 31st 2011, 5:36 PM) *

Listening now.... 'Come Home'..'Tracks of my tears' Tears again! huggy.gif wub.gif
And just a few excerpts from this amazing tribute to the man and his music/voice and vocal expertise with comparisons to the likes of Placido Domingo, an opera icon, among others....

The Sound Bath
Angelina Kalahari
Posted on May 30, 2011 by
If you have ever thought about the sounds, colours and shapes in music and words, then this is the place for you.

Adam Lambert is a perfect example of a born singer. Not only was he born with an exceptional instrument, he started working on it from a very young age. On his site, NegativeNeil.com, his brother, Neil, talks hilariously about siblings, and how annoying it was for him as a youngster having to listen to Adam wildly improvising over songs on the radio all day long. Neil thought Adam was just showing off. As a non-singer he would not have understood Adam’s need to do that. Neil goes on to say that he understands it now, though.

Adam’s soul is beyond beautiful!
Of course we know that Adam is a magnificent, highly skilled, extremely intelligent, versatile, uninhibited, utterly fearless performer, that he is uniquely talented and enormously creative, that he is physically and spiritually unearthly beautiful, and that he is one of the most charming, charismatic, courageous and sensual humans ever to walk this earth, but for me, his astonishing vocal instrument is the thing I cannot get enough of.
When I hear his voice, I find myself utterly captivated: I have to stop what I’m doing and give his voice my full attention – I never dare listen to his CD in the car! I experience his voice like a sound bath: it washes through every fibre of my being, and it feels as though the harmonics and frequencies in his voice massages all of me, right down to the very smallest quark that makes up my physical body, and right down to the tiniest wisp that makes up my soul. I have never had that experience when listening to any other voice before – I’ve listened to some pretty good ones and have had the privilege to be very close to some of the most beautiful and renowned voices in the world today, and I remain astonished by the effect Adam‘s voice has on me.

There are very few singers in the world today, though, who have given themselves permission to do what Adam is doing and to be that vulnerable. One, who readily springs to mind, is the Spanish tenor, Placido Domingo, another incredible singer, an innovative, fearless artist, and a beautiful human being. Quite a coincidence that he, too, like Adam, is an Aquarian.

When we experience a singer like Adam, who has not only given himself permission to connect to his own voice on every level, but who is also further exceptionally courageous by being as vulnerable as anyone can be, giving of himself one hundred percent each time he performs, the experience for the audience becomes an overwhelming one at the deepest levels of truth and authenticity. And because he makes it looks so easy, we feel we too, can do what he does. That, however, is his artistry. And so for those moments that we watch him, we become him, and we too, experience our uninhibited, free selves, not thinking or worrying about what others think of us – he makes it safe for us. And through that, he heals us; he heals our broken dreams, our broken, wounded selves, our neglected selves, and our limited selves.

You’ll see what I mean about Adam’s use of legato lines if you now listen to him singing Broken Open (or indeed any of his other songs – even the up-tempo ones!)

The reason I like this one, specifically, is that it’s very acoustic with just the guitar, and although the sound quality isn’t so great, Adam’s voice is completely warm in this one, and also, because he has by now been singing it in a few shows, it sits better in his voice. His voice has taken on a different, more depth-full tone, and in this particular version, his legato lines are completely perfect.

http://soundbath.wordpress.com/2011/05/30/...asy-of-singing/

This post has been edited by barb4Adam: Jun 14th 2011, 4:24 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
grammamia
post May 31st 2011, 6:13 PM
Post #47

Fav. CI5: Jaydee Bixby

Thanks for the amazing article.. Broken Open

huggy.gif

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. -Thomas Jefferson

"Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt. Ė Mohandas Gandhi
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post May 31st 2011, 6:19 PM
Post #48

QUOTE(grammamia @ May 31st 2011, 7:13 PM) *

huggy.gif

My pleasure for certain...such an amazing and oh so well deserved tribute and oh, that amazing voice!! wub.gif
And mentioned in the same article as Placido! thumbsup.gif w00twave.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nikki11
post Jun 1st 2011, 2:15 AM
Post #49

they are going to re-broadcast this programme at 9am daily for the next few days heart.gif heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Jun 14th 2011, 4:17 PM
Post #50

The show is going to be on again in about 13 minutes' time.

Angelina is going to interview Elizabeth Dockrell-Tyler, who is a violinist and professor of Piano.

The subject is : "The Accompanist and The Singer". Angelina has already mentioned on 'The Lambrits' forum that the show doesn't contain anything about Adam today.

http://mywordradio.com

--------------------
+Quote Post
nikki11
post Jun 24th 2011, 11:05 AM
Post #51

The next show is on Tuesday 28 June and this one is all about Adam - some info:

The Sound Bath programme presents Philippa Semper, PhD who enlightens listeners on “Adam Lambert’s Powerful Lyrics” 28 June, 10:30pm UK time on http://www.mywordradio.com/

"Lyrics are often the reason why a song becomes that special song to us, because we can particularly relate to meaningful lyrics, and such songs become the soundtrack to our lives.

But in the same way we often don’t look at why a specific singer’s voice touches us more uniquely - we only know that we find his or her voice pleasing or beautiful - we also don’t investigate why exactly we find some lyrics more moving than others – but we recognize that some lyrics resonate more powerfully with us than others.

Someone who can enlighten us on this issue is Philippa Semper. She has been an avid reader since she was three years old, and captivated by music for as long as she can remember; a childhood full of books and choir rehearsals helped her to develop both areas. After studying English literature as an undergraduate, she took her PhD in medieval manuscript research at the University of Exeter. She taught English for several years at University College Dublin before moving to the University of Birmingham, where she lectures in medieval English literature and modern fantasy writing and publishes in both areas. Philippa became interested in the relationship between modern song lyrics and literary texts when she found herself writing about a U2 lyric in one of her finals examinations, and she has since used modern songs to teach students how to approach medieval lyrics. She discovered Adam Lambert by way of Muse through the song 'Soaked' which Muse provided for his debut album; she has been fascinated by both Adam's lyrics and his music ever since."

This post has been edited by nikki11: Jun 24th 2011, 11:06 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
KYAA
post Jun 24th 2011, 12:13 PM
Post #52

Fav. Judge: Simon Cowell
Fav. Artist: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(grammamia @ May 31st 2011, 6:13 PM) *

huggy.gif

wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Jun 28th 2011, 5:12 AM
Post #53

QUOTE(nikki11 @ Jun 24th 2011, 11:05 AM) *

The Sound Bath programme presents Philippa Semper, PhD who enlightens listeners on ďAdam Lambertís Powerful LyricsĒ 28 June, 10:30pm UK time on http://www.mywordradio.com/

"Lyrics are often the reason why a song becomes that special song to us, because we can particularly relate to meaningful lyrics, and such songs become the soundtrack to our lives.

But in the same way we often donít look at why a specific singerís voice touches us more uniquely - we only know that we find his or her voice pleasing or beautiful - we also donít investigate why exactly we find some lyrics more moving than others Ė but we recognize that some lyrics resonate more powerfully with us than others.

Someone who can enlighten us on this issue is Philippa Semper. She has been an avid reader since she was three years old, and captivated by music for as long as she can remember; a childhood full of books and choir rehearsals helped her to develop both areas. After studying English literature as an undergraduate, she took her PhD in medieval manuscript research at the University of Exeter. She taught English for several years at University College Dublin before moving to the University of Birmingham, where she lectures in medieval English literature and modern fantasy writing and publishes in both areas. Philippa became interested in the relationship between modern song lyrics and literary texts when she found herself writing about a U2 lyric in one of her finals examinations, and she has since used modern songs to teach students how to approach medieval lyrics. She discovered Adam Lambert by way of Muse through the song 'Soaked' which Muse provided for his debut album; she has been fascinated by both Adam's lyrics and his music ever since."

The show will be on again in 11 hours and 17 minutes' time. Can't wait! grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
flaminga
post Jun 28th 2011, 9:05 AM
Post #54

One my hopes with the next album is that UK feels the love...I want Adam to hit it big over there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Jun 28th 2011, 4:32 PM
Post #55

QUOTE(nikki11 @ Jun 24th 2011, 11:05 AM) *

The Sound Bath programme presents Philippa Semper, PhD who enlightens listeners on ďAdam Lambertís Powerful LyricsĒ 28 June, 10:30pm UK time on http://www.mywordradio.com/

But in the same way we often donít look at why a specific singerís voice touches us more uniquely - we only know that we find his or her voice pleasing or beautiful - we also donít investigate why exactly we find some lyrics more moving than others Ė but we recognize that some lyrics resonate more powerfully with us than others.

http://www.mywordradio.com

--------------------
+Quote Post
flaminga
post Jun 28th 2011, 5:12 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Jun 28th 2011, 5:32 PM) *

http://www.mywordradio.com

Listening in! Broken Open. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
nikki11
post Jul 3rd 2011, 2:35 AM
Post #57

The last show is now here on youtube for those who missed it. heart.gif

http://www.youtube.com/thesoundbath#p/u/10/Njrhv3bH4hY

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Oct 3rd 2011, 4:25 PM
Post #58

Adam was mentioned on BBC Radio 1's 'The Chris Moyles Show' this morning :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTgEfKDV-84...nel_video_title

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 3rd 2011, 4:43 PM
Post #59

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Oct 3rd 2011, 5:25 PM) *

Really clueless about his name, but they managed to get it out!!!

haha.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Oct 3rd 2011, 5:17 PM
Post #60

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Oct 3rd 2011, 3:25 PM) *

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Oct 3rd 2011, 3:43 PM) *

Really clueless about his name, but they managed to get it out!!!

haha.gif

this is hilarious.... thanks for bringing this in Vivaldi!

love this comment under the vid..... haha.gif
ADAM LAMBERT is THE BOMB BBC/UK! PLAY HIS MUSIC, Ya Dolts!

--------------------
2014 IS GONNA BE WILD
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 22nd 2014, 10:43 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol