Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kris new single is "The Vision of Love"?
Riza-Smithson
post Jun 10th 2011, 4:07 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

QUOTE(quick90 @ Jun 9th 2011, 7:42 AM) *

naww thats cute that he thinks he'll get to pick the first single...
fear.gif

roll2.gif

He just needs to write every single song on his next album.(Which it looks like he's planning on doing anyway.)Then Jive will have no choice, but to release a 100% Kris Allen song. thumbsup.gif

What's Jive gonna do? Randomly force someone to give him a song, make it a bonus track, and then decide that it would make the perfect first single? rolleyes.gif

Wait..........THEY WOULD DO THAT. noexpression.gif fear.gif

This post has been edited by Riza-Smithson: Jun 10th 2011, 4:10 AM

--------------------
IPB Image♫♥Stay by my side, cause baby it's always better with you. Now that you're here there's no one else for me.♥♫AI13:~Majesty~Malaya~Caleb~Jess~Jena
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 10th 2011, 4:07 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

jjeem
post Jun 11th 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #22

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: James Durbin
Fav. AI8: KRIS ALLEN

They should release the album around the holidays, and the single a month earlier to give it early exposure. But releasing a single in december means the album will miss the holiday season.

I think its ok if he releases a song penned by someone else, a song as long as it's quality and he gets approval of it. Besides his biggest song so far was written by someone else.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Overboard
post Jun 11th 2011, 4:03 PM
Post #23

Its going to be much much sooner than December.

--------------------

AI: Kris Allen SYTYCD8: Nick, Sasha, Melanie
Visit my blog for all things pop music!
Follow me on twitter @LabrynthMusic
If you cant think of anything nice to say, go to the general discussion forums
+Quote Post
taylorkat
post Jun 12th 2011, 8:02 PM
Post #24

Fav. AI11: Elise Testone
Fav. AI13: Malaya Watson

Whatever his new single is, I want to hear it and soon! heart.gif

--------------------
XFUK11: jake.lola.fleur/DWTS: janel.alfonso.sadie.lea/TV: bryana.anita.rebekah.alessandra
IPB Image
Credit to Nadskerd/R.I.P. Michael Johns, Robin Williams, Joan Rivers, Simone Battle, Joanne Borgella
+Quote Post
x0MiSs_KaY0x
post Jun 14th 2011, 3:03 AM
Post #25

Fav. A18:Kris, Allison, Anoop, Matt

QUOTE(jjeem @ Jun 11th 2011, 1:10 PM) *

They should release the album around the holidays, and the single a month earlier to give it early exposure. But releasing a single in december means the album will miss the holiday season.

I think its ok if he releases a song penned by someone else, a song as long as it's quality and he gets approval of it. Besides his biggest song so far was written by someone else.

his biggest song so far was one written by someone else because it was the only one of his singles that got any legit promo. The Truth was a bad single choice that predictably tanked because 1) it was a bad summer song, and 2) bad promo. in result his 3rd single, Alright With Me, tanked as well (with no legit promoz0.

i expect most of his songs to be cowritten/written by him, so there's no way they can play that ish one more time for this upcoming album.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jjeem
post Jun 14th 2011, 5:30 AM
Post #26

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: James Durbin
Fav. AI8: KRIS ALLEN

QUOTE(x0MiSs_KaY0x @ Jun 14th 2011, 3:03 AM) *

his biggest song so far was one written by someone else because it was the only one of his singles that got any legit promo. The Truth was a bad single choice that predictably tanked because 1) it was a bad summer song, and 2) bad promo. in result his 3rd single, Alright With Me, tanked as well (with no legit promoz0.

i expect most of his songs to be cowritten/written by him, so there's no way they can play that ish one more time for this upcoming album.

I agree with the promo, but also because it was a genuinely great timely song. Its one of those songs where everything just worked.

I have great confidence that Kris can write a song just as awesome. But if a great song falls on his lap I wouldn't mind him taking it. Personally, I want Kris to be a successful recording artist first, and a writer second not the other way around.

This post has been edited by jjeem: Jun 14th 2011, 5:30 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
idolwatcher_1
post Jun 14th 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #27

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(jjeem @ Jun 14th 2011, 5:30 AM) *

I agree with the promo, but also because it was a genuinely great timely song. Its one of those songs where everything just worked.

I have great confidence that Kris can write a song just as awesome. But if a great song falls on his lap I wouldn't mind him taking it. Personally, I want Kris to be a successful recording artist first, and a writer second not the other way around.

I think it's one and the same...Kris' best songs will probably be his own (i.e. BWCU, AWM, RG), especially now that he has more time to write, etc. I also think that it'll help him in the long run if he can write his own hits, because radio not only remembers artists, but songwriters and producers, and the more name recognition, the easier it will be for Kris to have a hit in the future. LLWD was a great song, but mainly because it's a song Kris could connect to personally and it contained a lot of elements that Kris was known for (guitar/piano/r&b inflections). The Script has a similar musical style to Kris', except, they use way more falsetto, and Kris seems to have more musical variety, so his musical style may not be as easily definable.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jan 23rd 2012, 6:01 PM
Post #28

So what looks like a dance club remix of "Vision of Love" suddenly surfaced. fear2.gif shock.gif lmao.gif wacko.gif blink.gif

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12279079/M&D/K...gen%20remix.mp3

Th lyric that Kris tweeted below is from this song:

"make up hides her face cuz she feels out of place."

Ok. initially I was in disbelief, shocked, OMG and WTH. This is not the type of music that I usually listen to. But after constant listening, I can't control my hips from swaying to the beat...I kinda like it. ph34rwave.gif

If the link above does'nt work for you, here's a mediafire download link: http://t.co/XtD5aZ3N

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm now addicted to this song. w00twave.gif

IPB Image

This post has been edited by RinaM: Jan 23rd 2012, 7:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
JoCeeisme
post Jan 23rd 2012, 11:06 PM
Post #29

I was the same ^, not the type of music i usually listen to but after a couple of repeats I love it, go figure!

--------------------
Favourite idols: Kris Allen and James Durbin.
+Quote Post
Riza-Smithson
post Jan 24th 2012, 7:28 AM
Post #30

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta

I hope this is the first and last time I ever hear the words "Kris Allen" and "dance remix" in the same sentence. fear2.gif laughing.gif

It sounds good though. The falsetto I heard in that version better be in the regular version too. It sounded amazing so hopefully it's legit. wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image♫♥Stay by my side, cause baby it's always better with you. Now that you're here there's no one else for me.♥♫AI13:~Majesty~Malaya~Caleb~Jess~Jena
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jan 24th 2012, 6:57 AM
Post #31

Since I'm totally in love with this remix, I'm sure I'm going to go gaga over the original version. This song has an amazing hook. music.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
dc222
post Jan 25th 2012, 3:47 AM
Post #32

That actually sounds amazing! And it's a dance remix so the original will certainly be better. icecream.gif Really though, this version is the kind of song that'd get lots of play in clubs and hey, that would definitely get Kris' name out there.

I'm so pumped all of a sudden. I want to get up and dance now. teeheebounce.gif
And I absolutely agree, I love that falsetto and hook too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
daniela$
post Jan 25th 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #33

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI12: Paul Jolley
Fav. AI8: KrisAllen,DannyGokey

just this : AMAZINGGGGGGGGG heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Avi by ♥flutterby♥/Sig by istersay
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jan 25th 2012, 2:44 PM
Post #34

@LittlePawns
For those who have asked, @krisallen wrote Vision of Love with Nasri Atweh and Adam Messinger

More deets on Nasri on the 2nd Album thead: http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=655707&st=103

Adam Messinger's wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Messinger

This post has been edited by RinaM: Jan 25th 2012, 2:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jan 25th 2012, 3:04 PM
Post #35

@RCAPromo RCA Records Promo
@tkradio @trei1658 "STAND FOR THE VISION OF LOVE"...obviously! Hi Toby

This RCA tweet seems to be alluding that the song title is "Stand for the Vision of Love". Many have said that VOL reminds them too much of Mariah Carey's song. SFTVOL could be too long. Why not "The Vision of Love" instead? unsure.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jan 25th 2012, 6:46 PM
Post #36

Here's a shorter radio-edit version of the dance remix.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jan 25th 2012, 7:11 PM
Post #37

From DJ TOby Knapp

KRIS ALLEN fans... get ready for THE OFFICIAL single and CD details from RCA records as soon as next week!

But wait, does that mean the song which leaked this week... might not be the single?
Here's what we know...
Sources close to the label and ALLEN's radio promotions team at RCA Records, who had a possible REMIX of ALLEN'S song leak after one manager of one of a remix DJ, clearly excited, posted a link to the remix on his TWITTER timeline this week, say that the label will release their offical plans at some point next week.

Quoting those sources close to the label...
"Kris’ new album is almost done & this is one of the songs that we’re super psyched about... and is in the running to be the first single. Because the original version of “The Vision Of Love” is uptempo Kris thought it would be cool to... on the down-low... experiment with some fresh, unexpected remixes... the producers we’ve approached have all been really into the song... and it seems like this trance remix team from Finland called Maison & Dragen just got a little over-excited with their version."

It should also be pointed out that the single's official title HAS NOT been confirmed by the label, although these things generally are found in the chorus - or hook - of a single.
While specifics and plans are still days away, the one thing that is clear is this: RCA's promotions team is paying attention to fan leaks, conversations on social networks and more when it comes to their artists and 2012 future releases.

And, from the way they've reacted to this possible leak, it's clear RCA has some pretty signifigant plans to be in the KRIS ALLEN business with this new CD!
Time will tell... and it won't be much longer now!

http://www.hot995.com/pages/toby.html?arti...4#ixzz1kWD3MtUv

--------------------
+Quote Post
RidersDX
post Jan 25th 2012, 8:58 PM
Post #38

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. Person: Taylor Swift

QUOTE(RinaM @ Jan 25th 2012, 6:46 PM) *

Here's a shorter radio-edit version of the dance remix.

Exactly what I needed! I hate remixes for being obnoxiously long thereby getting annoying when you wanna put a song on repeat. I really would no tmind if Kris Allen were to go in a dance direction, I love this song! w00t.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
dulcexmarisol
post Jan 26th 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #39

Fav. ♥: pulchritudinous

I phucking love this song. omg.gif wub.gif

--------------------
Uruguay ♥ Argentina ♥ Chile
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
nemoes
post Jan 26th 2012, 1:00 PM
Post #40

Fav. CI2: Jacob Hoggard
Fav. Gotye. Vampire Weekend.

Oh, this got me totally excited . I haven't followed Kris' schedules for a while but this is the bomb! w00t.gif
Part of me is worried if I would find the original version a bit dull after repeated listenings of the remix.
It's THAT GOOD and getting really positive reactions from a lot of people. can't wait for Februrary.

This post has been edited by nemoes: Jan 26th 2012, 1:11 PM

--------------------
Kris Allen- Stand for the Vision of Love, Will you?
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 8:20 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol