Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The NGH Report - American Idol Season 11's The Long Walk: "We fell in love with them.", Please comment what you think!
Belle Book
post Feb 24th 2012, 4:39 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

QUOTE(druth8x @ Feb 24th 2012, 2:13 PM) *

Belle Book I pretty much agree with you but by your reading assessment You don't have that many that could make the Top 5ish Let alone Tour/13. Someone has to not just the Top 2.

The two I named were the two I thought had the best chance of making the finale at this moment. Those that I think might make the Top 5 for now would be Phillip (because he's a WGWG from the South), Shannon and Skylar.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 24th 2012, 4:39 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

doitforme
post Feb 24th 2012, 5:40 PM
Post #22

GREAT CHANCE OF MAKING IT: Jessica, PP, Heejun, Jen
GOOD CHANCE OF MAKING IT: Reed, Creighton, Shannon, Eben, Joshua, Skylar, Colton
UP IN THE AIR: Elise, Erika, Jeremy, Aaron, Hallie, Deandre, Adam
NOT LOOKING GREAT, BUT STILL A CHANCE: Chelsea, Hollie, Haley, Chase
I WILL BE SURPRISED IF YOU MAKE IT: Brielle

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 24th 2012, 5:53 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(Belle Book @ Feb 24th 2012, 3:39 PM) *

The two I named were the two I thought had the best chance of making the finale at this moment. Those that I think might make the Top 5 for now would be Phillip (because he's a WGWG from the South), Shannon and Skylar.

lol 4 girls...I guess the guys are who's left standing after votes get cancelled out, could go either way.

So it should be two of name 4 or 5 guys.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Belle Book
post Feb 24th 2012, 8:17 PM
Post #24

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle

QUOTE(druth8x @ Feb 24th 2012, 5:53 PM) *

lol 4 girls...I guess the guys are who's left standing after votes get cancelled out, could go either way.

So it should be two of name 4 or 5 guys.

Well, I could see Jen easily being kicked out before the Top 5, so I guess if she doesn't make it then Colton will, since he's a cute guy whom the girls will love. And Heejun has a chance of making it that far too -- but I won't be voting for him by that point as I'm going only with Jessica at the Top 10 (at the earliest)!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 24th 2012, 8:30 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(Belle Book @ Feb 24th 2012, 7:17 PM) *

Well, I could see Jen easily being kicked out before the Top 5, so I guess if she doesn't make it then Colton will, since he's a cute guy whom the girls will love. And Heejun has a chance of making it that far too -- but I won't be voting for him by that point as I'm going only with Jessica at the Top 10 (at the earliest)!

I can see that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LuckyOtter
post Feb 24th 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #26

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI 13: Caleb Johnson

As usual, a great write up, but this is one of your best. I wish to comment on some of your points one at a time.

The NGH Report – American Idol Season 11’s The Long Walk: “We fell in love with them.”
“I have to sing. It’s where my joy comes from… it’s how I know God blessed me.”
I wanted to start the article with that beautiful quote from Adam Brock because I think that we, as television viewers who live in a constant state of cynicism and pessimism, tend to forget just how important this is to each contestant. We sit at home and laugh at these human beings when they cry and talk about their hopes and dreams, instead of showing actually empathy towards these young men and women and often children. Sure, it’s easy to make fun of them (I should know; I’ve been doing it for eight years), but it’s also nice to step back and celebrate a job well done.

This is a really nice and sincere intro and there is much truth in what you said here.

1. I honestly think Steven Tyler loves his job. During last season, I couldn’t tell if he was happy to be there or happy to be getting a paycheck, but now I think he’s really comfortable with being a part of this program. Even if he still is America’s creepy uncle…

I have grown to love Steven as a judge, even if he always repeats the same word, "beautiful," for every contestant, which annoyed me last year. I honestly think he loves his job too (who woulda thunk it?) and he honestly finds beauty in each contestant. He loves everyone and approaches each contestant as a kind of musical gift.

4. Lauren Gray had a very solemn sit down in the epic Coca-Cola room. What was she wearing? Was it a denim bag with a rope tied around her waist?! Sheesh, she looked like one of the Box Car Children. She deserved to be eliminated based on her final outfit alone! “I won’t ever come back.” Umm… why? Do you realize how many return contestants actually made the top 24 this year?!

Awww, I felt so bad for her. crying.gif She has a great voice, and I know a lot of people are outraged she didn't make it, but honestly, I think the judges felt she wouldn't be able to handle the pressure and lacked confidence. Hopefully she will come back next year and try again. She has the talent, but needs to work on her confidence first. She would have been eaten alive in semifinals.

7. Richie Law, a caricature of an American country singer, and a contestant that I obviously dislike, managed to sum up the stupidity of him making it this far in one moronic quote: “I’ve picked up so many cool things and incorporated them really fun.” And… boom goes the dynamite. Go back to eating paint chips and cursing the “dang yeller dog diggin’ up the lawn!”

Ewww! Cowboy is like nails on a chalkboard to me. pinch.gif I certainly hope he's not the one they might be bringing back...ew. bloated.gif

8. LAST MINUTE TWIST ALERT! The producers decided to add a secret thirteenth male semi-finalist. It will either be David Leathers, Johnny Keyser, Jermaine Jones, or… wait, who? Are you effing me with me?! Was that a @#$%ing joke?! RICHIE LAW?!!! Damn it, this guy is like a herpes flare up that never ends! Anyway… we’ll find out next week!

I think it SHOULD be David Leathers (who should have made it over Justin Beiber 2.0 Eben IMO), but my feeling is it will be Jermaine, which would explain the huge amount of time they spent on him and making us watch him cry for 20 minutes. rolleyes.gif

The Longshots
Brielle Von Hugel – This should be obvious to anyone actually following this program. Brielle could be the second coming of Whitney Houston (too soon?) and it wouldn’t matter. She’s been cast aside as a villain; a person so arrogant and spoiled that she could never get enough votes to grab the gold. Don’t feel sorry for her! She might be a lovely girl in real life… but she wasn’t smart enough to realize that there are always cameras around and she has to always be diplomatic. The “Jersey attitude” and agonizingly annoying stage mom are now part of her character. She’s still in this competition, but her ouster is already a foregone conclusion.

I agree, she won't last long, and I don't even think will make the finals. She (and her mom) are there for entertainment. Personally I don't find her annoying or villainous but hilarious. haha.gif I love her "Joisey" accent. But she isn't a very strong performer or singer and contestants there for the "entertainment" alone never last.

Chase Likens – It’s hard out there for a seemingly attractive country-pop singer who never really got the limelight! Chase, while being likeable and unassuming, is also forgettable. It says a lot that the producers decided to focus on Richie Law more then Chase Likens. He might have a shot at making the finals and being the Matt Rogers of season 11, but even Matt had more personality. Unfortunately, Chase’s problem is staggeringly simple. He’s not a star. He’s just a nice guy with a nice voice.

I actually see Chase as a potential darkhorse. He is also incredibly cute, which will help him build a tween fanbase, if he chooses the right songs and puts in some memorable early performances. I do hope he makes the finals, but I think it's a crapshoot right now. If he does, I think he could be the one to go surprisingly far.

Jeremy Rosado – Jeremy is modest; to a fault. While his SFYL (“Sing for your Life”) performance of “I Know You Won’t” was beautiful and touching, singers like Rosado simply have a terrible track record at winning this competition. The last R&B contestant to win was Ruben Studdard ten years ago! The last one to reach the top 3 was Elliott Yamin… that was six years ago! It’s very very difficult for a singer like Jeremy to take this to the final rounds. You add that fact to his apparent inability to package and sell himself as a legitimate contender (mainly due to his modesty and lack of confidence) and you’ll understand why I’ve written him off as a possible winner.

Absolutely love this kid. heart.gif He's so sweet and likeable, and has a really great voice and he can project emotion. I do see the Elliott similarities. Jeremy lacks the looks of a star, but so did Elliott, and he went far, so you never know.

Aaron Marcellus – Do you remember seeing Aaron’s SFYL performance? Yeah, me neither; that’s because it was never shown. This man is the epitome of the “second fiddle.” He has been struggling for airtime ever since Joshua Ledet broke out in Hollywood, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. Again; he’s a fantastic singer, but plenty of Idol contestants have been fantastic singers. It doesn’t mean they have a shot at winning. It’s all politics, and Aaron is too busy focusing on his vocals to understand that critical point.

I don't remember Aaron too well, TBH. I think I remember him being pretty good. He may go far if he picks up the "invisible" black vote that Jacob Lusk and Michael Lynche did in seasons 9 and 10.

Deandre Brackensick – Oh, poor little Deandre! You have such a magnificent instrument and your performance of “This Woman’s Work” was absolutely haunting, but you’re, at best, playing for third place. Deandre’s youth is going to haunt him as he doesn’t seem particularly strategic. The falsetto, while a powerful weapon, is going to wear on viewers and there will be a constant chorus of people clamoring for him to show them something new. It won’t matter; he has a great shot at being a finalist and I’m sure he’ll enjoy the ride, but if you’re a betting man/woman… don’t put your money on the young balladeer.

He gives off an Ace Young vibe to me, but I think he's a better singer. I don't care for the overuse of the falsetto, but he certainly knows how to use his instrument. I can't see him winning, but he could make Top 5.

The Underdogs
Chelsea Sorrell – Who? Oh, you don’t remember her? Don’t worry; you aren’t the only one. I had previously written off Chelsea as being a fodder contestant (someone put through only to create an easy elimination), but after watching her sing “I Told You So” I saw something special. Yes, she will be competing against two other country singers who, frankly, have better odds of making the finals, but she isn’t down for the count. If Chelsea can take the stage next Wednesday and create a moment, she could surprise even herself.

Didn't care for her too much. She seems like a lesser Lauren Alaina. I think she's fodder and I think Skylar is far more likely to make the Top 13 than she is. Strange things happen though, country is huge right now so perhaps anyone "country" will make it in.

Creighton Fraker – Look… let’s not kid ourselves. Creighton is already hated by half of the country. There are people who keep telling me that he’s just “too much.” His vocals, while strong and present, don’t seem to rub people the right way… but he happens to be a favorite of the judges. He’s received a lot of positive camera time and has the vocal range to add some serious volume to the competition, but those traits are only part of the equation. I’ve watched Creighton… and he’s wily. Smart. Cagey. This is a man who will have no problem playing the game. Who knows? He could be dangerous. Or… he could be gone by next week. He’s my “wait and see” contestant.

Creighton is quirky and unique, a good singer too. He's my favorite male contestant and I can definitely see him being a dark horse (and even, maybe, pulling a Kris Allen) if he plays his cards right. Do not underestimate him. He's like a cool hybrid of Matt Giraud and James Durbin or Adam Lambert--and somehow, it works.

Haley Johnsen – She’s a beautiful, talented, young, blonde with an attention to vocal detail. So… why hadn’t we seen more of her until she was surprisingly granted a spot in the top 24? It’s possible that Haley is just as surprised as the rest of us that she is in this miraculous position. We’ve seen these artsy blonde indie singers before, but is it possible that Haley might be able to bridge the gap with middle America? She has a wonderful tone, and the ability to change vocal registers without breaking a sweat, and with the right performance next week could find herself in the top 13. Once she is there… if she plays the game and focuses on being more attractive to the camera… well, who knows?[/quote]

Beautiful and boring. She will get old fast. I don't see her making it past low finals, maybe 9th or 10th place at the highest. There are too many others like her this year. She is sure gorgeous to look at though! icecream.gif

Hollie Cavanagh – Hollie would have been absolutely dead on arrival if it wasn’t for her superb performance of “Change.” It could have been a game-changer (ha!) for the very attractive young girl. Most people won’t remember, but Hollie almost made it before, only to be cut. She appears to have done her homework, and seems a more credible contestant this time around. I have my eye on her, because it’s very possible her quirky personality will be able to win over enough viewers to make her a contender.

Definite darkhorse potential. She's improved immensely this past year and her vocals are almost flawless. She has a cool soul, kind of Adele sound that is very current, and she also seems very likeable and humble. I think she could possibly make the Top 5, possibly the Top 3 or 4. I don't think she can win though (even if J-Lo told her last year she could).

Erika Van Pelt – This placement might be controversial to some of my readers, but I don’t believe Erika is particularly likeable. She has a big voice, but it isn’t very unique, and she seems to be a terrible dresser. I know, I know. It’s shallow to make remarks about her performance, but I’d be lying if I said it didn’t matter or influence voters. You don’t have to be a skinny girl to make it on American Idol, but you do need to know how to craft a presentable image. Also, if we match Erika with contestants like Elise and Jen, does she shine as much? I’m not certain she does…

Erika looks like and sounds like Adele, but does give off a sort of cold vibe. Still, I really like her and her style. I definitely think she will make the Top 13 but do not know how she will place. One of my favorites, actually.

Heejun Han – Here’s the truth: Heejun is a star… but not the most vocally talented contestant. Honestly, there are very few contestants in the top 24 that he could out-sing at the moment, but this is a reality show… and talent often doesn’t matter. The journey matters. The presentation matters. Heejun has managed to turn in solid vocal performances, while becoming America’s sweetheart. You’d be foolish to underestimate how much that matters. He will, barring an utter collapse, make it into the top 13. “You said you were sweating, Heejun.” “Yes.” “What are you sweating?” “Mostly water.” He’s the class clown… but, even after being out of high school for decades… don’t you still remember the name of your class clown? That’s my point.

I can see him getting a job as a host or interviewer after the show, or maybe a comedy routine, but like Brielle, he seems to be there more for the entertainment. He's the "comedian" to Brielle's "villain." I just don't think he's strong enough a singer to make the Top 13.

The Contenders
Adam Brock – Personally, I don’t believe Adam could make it past third place. I’ve heard that he rubs a lot of people the wrong way (though I don’t agree), and it’s often foolish to ignore the perceptions of the contestants. He has been compared to Danny Gokey, a “love him or hate him” finalist, but let’s not forget how close Danny came to winning the competition. The soulful, powerful voice of Adam has the ability to turn in some strong moments and I think it’s pretty likely that he’ll make it into the top 13. He’s a bit dated, not marketable in the slightest, and wouldn’t sell many records… but damn, he’s passionate.

Adam's my second favorite guy after Creighton. I definitely would not underestimate him. While many find his emotional theatrics annoying, just as many people will love him for it, and his passion. He *is* extremely reminiscent of Danny in almost every way, and people are having a knee-jerk reaction to him based on the similarities, which isn't really fair. They are NOT the same person. One big difference is I think Adam has more musical knowledge and more of a sense of himself as an artist than Danny had. However, I don't see him going as far as Danny for some reason. I say about 6th-7th place. However, if he does make 3rd place, that would be REALLY weird. cold.gif I don't think he can win--he will be way too controversial. He already is.

Eben Franckewitz – Idol has been dying to find the next Justin Bieber for years now. Do I think this could be Eben? No, not really, but I think the producer’s are keeping a watchful eye on his journey. He’s a young guy (youngest in the competition) who should have no problem locking up the legendary Idol “grandma” vote that managed to put contestants like John Stevens, Aaron Kelly, Kevin Covais, David Archuleta, and Sanjaya Malakar into the mix. The scary thing for people who can’t stand these young “too cute for their own good” contestants? I think, excluding David Archuleta, he has the better voice in the aforementioned young men. While I don’t think it’s necessarily likely, I can certainly plot a path to get him to the Idol Finale. It’s just going to take a lot of focus and a ridiculous amount of work.

Eben seems like a sweet kid, but honestly, I would have rather seen David Leathers in his place. They've been looking for the next Justin Beiber for years, and it's just not gonna happen. Eben is a good singer, but I don't see him as a "star" on any level.

Hallie Day – We haven’t seen much of Hallie Day lately, but I don’t think that’s any cause for concern. She has a memorable appearance and a memorable sordid past that will make most loyal Idol viewers recall her strong early performances. This girl has a great big voice that could make her sail through the semi-final round. Also, don’t we all love a comeback story? Hallie was the contestant who, if you remember, tried to commit suicide years back. Will America reward her hard work and cheer for her or will they turn their backs on her? Honestly, I’m very curious to see how the voters react to Hallie Day.

Sorry, but Hallie bores me to tears. She seems interchangeable to me with Baylie and Haley. She may make the Top 13 but I just can't see her finishing high at all and probably will not make it past next week. Of all the IWBs she is the least memorable to me.

Colton Dixon – I guess Colton is as close as you can get to a “rocker” this season, but he’s a pretty sad excuse for one. His SFYL performance, “Fix You,” was easily his best yet, but I’m still not sold on him. Colton is interesting because while I think his looks and modernity will make him relevant in this competition, I also can’t ignore the fact that he tends to be a rather uneven vocalist. Is he style over substance? Perhaps! But, again, talent be damned. He’s marketable and relevant, and I have a feeling the girls will like looking at him. It’s sad, but if he picks the right songs, he could be a contender. One thing is for sure… he’s mastered the “Constantine Stare” into the camera. Damn… this kid has intensity.

He annoys me. He would even annoy me if he cut his annoying hair. wacko.gif But he's different, I will give you that, so I'll give him a chance. Hell, I might even grow to like him. It's way too early for my favorites/least favorites to be set in stone. Right now he just reminds me of Vanilla Ice doing a bad David Cook impersonation. fear.gif

Joshua Ledet – Personally, I believe Joshua is the strongest male vocalist this year. He’s an amazing throwback who seems to have walked onto the stage from a different era. Sure, sometimes he can be too much, but while others see him as the second coming of Jacob Lusk, I see him as something more. He has managed to transcend the material he’s sung several times now, and his ability to create a moment is a very powerful weapon on a show where being remembered is usually more important than being good. I’d love to call him a frontrunner, but history tells me that contestants like Joshua don’t win American Idol. Odds be damned, he can take a good run at this thing.

I think he's the most likely to make it far out of the black guys and I could even see him making it as high as 3rd-4th place, but more likely 4th-5th.

Baylie Brown – Baylie made it to Hollywood once before only to wash out during her group performance. Well, she took some time off, worked on her vocals and ability, and came back a credible winner. I think she could go one of two ways… she could turn in solid performance after solid performance and become the inevitable winner (Carrie Underwood) or she could fall trap to becoming that contestant that is too damn pretty and too unreadable to the folks at home. She’s a very beautiful woman, with a strong country voice, and she hails from the South. In my view, until she starts making stupid mistakes, that makes her a contender. My advice? If you want to win this thing… spend more time looking less like Jessica Rabbit, and more like the girl next door.

Boring and vanilla. But she sure gets a lot of buzz and is trending everywhere, so she'll probably get a lot of votes and make the finals. I don't think she's that strong though compared to some of the other contestants. Skylar is a better country singer and perfomer, IMO, although I don't love her either.

Shannon Magrane - Shannon might have had made the most progress in my eyes. When I saw her audition I thought she was a bland vanilla reject, but every time I see her perform she gets better and better and she is transforming into a legitimate contender. Also, when the girl is older she could be a runway model. The endearing smile and the wholesome personality teamed with strong vocals could create a very strong impression on the voters. We saw how Jordin Sparks managed to stay under the radar, quietly building up a fanbase, until she had enough power to become the frontrunner and win the competition. Perhaps Shannon can utilize the same strategy?

I think Shannon has a good chance (along with Jessica) to win, and I hope she does. I don't see her making it lower than 3rd place, although there's always the possibility of a "shock" elimination. She will definitely get the save if she's somehow eliminated before 5th place and that would motivate her fans to vote even harder. I see her as a very likely frontrunner. Too much early pimping could hold her back though, but I think she's kind of like Scotty or Carrie and will prove to be unstoppable. She seems MUCH older than 15 and seems to have a strong sense of herself and poise.

Reed Grimm – Love him or hate him… how can you not include a man who has been showcased in every single episode? Reed has been sampled and sampled by America so many times over the past few weeks that it is almost impossible for him not to make the top 13. He’s the quirky, soulful, musical contestant who will be able to turn in interesting and unique performances week after week. Now… will he end up like Casey Abrams… or Taylor Hicks?

I don't have too much of an opinion of Reed one way or the other. He is quirky and could be an interesting contestant or he could be a polarizing contestant (he seems to have a lot of haters). I have to see more of him to decide if I'm a fan or not.

Skylar Laine - “Fancy” wasn’t her strongest performance, but I dig the “dirt country” vibe. She’s authentic, and I like the idea of having a scrappy girl like her in the top 24. We know America loves country, and while she compares herself to the other country singers, she stands out by being so raw and violent. At this moment, if you were to ask me which country contestant had the best shot at taking the title, I would say it was Skylar Laine. There’s a tendency in politics to reward the candidate who is most like the person who barely lost the year before. Lauren Alaina managed to leave a strong impression with the Idol voters, and I could see Skylar being able to reap the benefits of Alaina’s second place finish. Plus, never ever count out authenticity.

I think she's good (kind of a Miranda Lambert vibe), and will make the Top 13, but there's something about her that rubs me the wrong way. I see her as a mid-level finalist, finishing around 5th - 7th place.

I'll have to comment on the rest of your post separately, since I have run out of room.

This post has been edited by dcfreak: Feb 24th 2012, 11:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
LuckyOtter
post Feb 24th 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #27

Continuing my comments on your review:

The Frontrunners
Phillip Phillips – Hey… I don’t like him either. You’ve read my reviews; I can’t stand his voice. It’s an alt-rock carbon copy, and the grit in his voice is more of a crutch than a style. But… let’s not ignore what’s staring us right in the face. He’s a white guy who can play the guitar. He’s relatively good-looking, from the south, and has a tendency to take songs and create an interesting acoustic performance. He’s modest with an “aw-shucks” appeal that will certainly play well in middle America, and has been seen over and over again in Hollywood. I don’t like it, but he’s a frontrunner, until the day he sets foot on that stage and pulls an Andrew Garcia and just flat out bombs. The moment he is too clever by half… he’ll bleed, and I don’t believe Phillip is smart enough to recuperate from a wound. So… we’ll see. I’m not afraid of him winning yet, but I’m not stupid enough to underestimate him and count him out.[/quote]

I think Phil will make the Top 2 or 3 and maybe even win...but I really think America has finally burned itself out on WGWGs (or so I hope). I think there are just too many strong female contestants this year and he has his work cut out for him, especially between Jessica (who has the flawless vocals of Pia but with the ability to emote and perform, unlike Pia.) and Shannon, who seems to be proving to be an unstoppable force of nature with an endless supply of confidence and feistiness mixed with likeability. And as for the guys, watch out for Creighton in particular, maybe underrated now, but who I could easily see sneaking up and beating Phil into the finale. Phil is good looking and seems like a mashup of all 4 winners from the past 4 years, but reminds me the most of Lee. I liked Lee, but I don't think America really wants another Lee DeWyze for a winner. Yet he could win when all is said and done. I just don't think he will.

Jessica Sanchez – This one is a surprise for me too. Jessica really hasn’t been shown much, but she had a great Vegas round performance, and her stellar SFYL performance of “The Prayer” was my favorite of the season. She’s very marketable, attractive, youthful, and has a voice to kill for; why wouldn’t we consider her a frontrunner? I firmly believe that she will take the stage next week and make a name for herself. She’s sharp, and I can easily see her garnering enough support to win the crown.[/quote]

Jessica, like I said above, has flawless vocals--she is a diva, but is not a boring one. I think her talent is immense, and she is also a performer who can project emotion. This is what will carry her far, possibly to the crown. I can easily see her winning this. I think she looks a lot like Thia Megia.

Elise Testone – I still maintain that Crystal Bowersox lost to a surging Lee Dewyze because people didn’t find her likeable. I think Elise has what Crystal lacked. Her voice is insane, her personality quiet, but unassuming, and her ability to pick songs that fit her voice has been remarkable. The only real weakness I can find with Ms. Testone is her unfortunate acne issue. Again; yes, it’s very shallow, but in the age of high-definition television, she could become a punch line pretty quickly. I’m eager to see how the Idol make-up artist’s transform Elise, and I think they’ll be able to work wonders. I’m very excited to watch Elise proceed in the competition.

I love Elise, love her indie vibe, bluesy voice, and style, and I think she's nearly a lock for Top 5, but I don't think she will win. I think her slightly rough appearance will prove to be a problem. Not that she's ugly (she's not at all), but she has a rough around the edges look that could present a problem as the finale draws nearer. Then again, Crystal didn't have supermodel looks either, and look how far she made it. I definitely think Elise has the the talent and is a standout. I also love her personality. She seems like she'd be a blast to hang out with. She will be noticed and even if she is eliminated before her time I think she will be signed by a major label, if not Interscope then another one.

Jen Hirsh – Jen didn’t have the greatest SFYL performance, since “Baby I Love You” was just too light to sustain the viewer’s appetite, but every other performance by the confident Hirsh have solicited standing ovations. She’s pretty, without being threateningly so, and her voice is soulful with amazing placement. In the era of Adele, Jen Hirsh is poised to win this competition. People want to vote for someone they find they share similarities with, and Jen is approachable. We’re going to have to see more of her personality to be completely sure, but she’s in a very strong position.

I totally disagree that Jen is a frontrunner. I don't even think she's a contender. She is very likeable, and has a decent voice, but I just don't think she's that strong compared to many of the other female contestants. I think TPTB would like her to be a frontrunner, and so she's received quite a bit of airtime, but she's actually one of the weakest links, IMO. She may not even make the finals.

Can’t wait for next week!

Me either! I'm finally excited about this season! From all those dreadfully dull auditions, we got some pretty exciting contestants this year. How did that happen?

This post has been edited by dcfreak: Feb 24th 2012, 11:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 25th 2012, 12:05 AM
Post #28

Really you ran out of room? I thought those character limits were impossible to reach. Still don't believe it.

Read your replies dcfreak (Is it Emma?), and I basically agree.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LuckyOtter
post Feb 25th 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(druth8x @ Feb 25th 2012, 12:05 AM) *

Really you ran out of room? I thought those character limits were impossible to reach. Still don't believe it.

Read your replies dcfreak (Is it Emma?), and I basically agree.

Emma? confused.gif

Yeah, I always run out of room when a post goes on too long. I had all kinds of problems with that when I was posting my yearly rankings and had to split them up into groups of 5 for most of the entries. You have a pretty long limit on IDF, but it's not infinite.

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 25th 2012, 12:31 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(dcfreak @ Feb 24th 2012, 11:22 PM) *

Emma? confused.gif

Yeah, I always run out of room when a post goes on too long. I had all kinds of problems with that when I was posting my yearly rankings and had to split them up into groups of 5 for most of the entries. You have a pretty long limit on IDF, but it's not infinite.

oh wait that's the gal who created a few of my s10 siggies. You have a name. But you seem reluctant to tell me it again lol.

Hmm interesting. I guess it's possible. I have posted long posts b4. I guess next real long post I do I should check the limit to see for myself. Heck My Watchlist post is quite long.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ohmypia
post Feb 25th 2012, 12:58 AM
Post #31

Fav. AI3: Jennifer Hudson
Fav. AI11: Deandre Brackensick

Ughmazing analysis. I agree with you a lot. I think DeAndre is more of an underdog (maybe I'm a bit biased) than a longshot. His voice will be able to appeal to lots of audiences I think.

--------------------
IPB Image
American Idol XIII: George. Jena. Sam. Kristen . Emkay. Malaya.
+Quote Post
coachgel
post Jun 6th 2012, 6:26 PM
Post #32

again, you were right on these two:

Phillip Phillips – Hey… I don’t like him either. You’ve read my reviews; I can’t stand his voice. It’s an alt-rock carbon copy, and the grit in his voice is more of a crutch than a style. But… let’s not ignore what’s staring us right in the face. He’s a white guy who can play the guitar. He’s relatively good-looking, from the south, and has a tendency to take songs and create an interesting acoustic performance. He’s modest with an “aw-shucks” appeal that will certainly play well in middle America, and has been seen over and over again in Hollywood. I don’t like it, but he’s a frontrunner, until the day he sets foot on that stage and pulls an Andrew Garcia and just flat out bombs. The moment he is too clever by half… he’ll bleed, and I don’t believe Phillip is smart enough to recuperate from a wound. So… we’ll see. I’m not afraid of him winning yet, but I’m not stupid enough to underestimate him and count him out.

Jessica Sanchez – This one is a surprise for me too. Jessica really hasn’t been shown much, but she had a great Vegas round performance, and her stellar SFYL performance of “The Prayer” was my favorite of the season. She’s very marketable, attractive, youthful, and has a voice to kill for; why wouldn’t we consider her a frontrunner? I firmly believe that she will take the stage next week and make a name for herself. She’s sharp, and I can easily see her garnering enough support to win the crown.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 82 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 7:12 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol