Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

36 Pages V « < 34 35 36   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 7/20 - Top 10 Performs: Discussion thread, FOX @ 8PM - 2 hours
sytycdfan123
post Jul 21st 2011, 2:39 PM
Post #701

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD10: Paul Karmiryan
Fav. SYTYCD9: Witney Carson

QUOTE(ldon12345 @ Jul 21st 2011, 2:45 PM) *

Just leaving this here. A hiphop routine danced on SYTYCD Canada this week. It was danced to the same song that Comfort and Tadd danced to.

This one was way better than Tadd and Comfort's.

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCD11: Malene, Serge, Jacque, Carly, Zack, Tanisha, Marcquet, Valerie, Ricky Credit:Jess
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 21st 2011, 2:39 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

soulkissage
post Jul 21st 2011, 2:53 PM
Post #702

Fav. SYTYCD5: Evan Kasprzak
Fav. SYTYCD7: Billy Bell
Fav. X Factor: Carly Rose Sonenclar

Did this Canadian girl leave? fear.gif I know it's not her fault but she doesn't work that outfit at all....

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sytycdfan123
post Jul 21st 2011, 2:56 PM
Post #703

QUOTE(soulkissage @ Jul 21st 2011, 3:53 PM) *

Did this Canadian girl leave? fear.gif I know it's not her fault but she doesn't work that outfit at all....

They both left.

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCD11: Malene, Serge, Jacque, Carly, Zack, Tanisha, Marcquet, Valerie, Ricky Credit:Jess
+Quote Post
Danceart64
post Jul 21st 2011, 2:59 PM
Post #704

QUOTE(Balfour @ Jul 21st 2011, 1:04 PM) *

no.gif Someone help me figure this out. As much as I try, I can't get into this season. Maybe if Nick and Iveta had stayed--and there were fewer contemporary girls... well, what the hell else is there, I guess. Every week it just seems like one rises above the other, and they're trading places--interchangeable parts. I don't care about them. Develope, develope... and repeat. I can't stomach Tyce's numbers (even though I'm dying to see someone break out in a killer broadway number).

Is it that they aren't letting them have chat time on stage that I can't warm up to anyone? Love or hate Kent, he had personality and they bantered with him a bit. Love or hate Billy, you had a feeling for his sarcastic, perhaps even arrogant nature. Maybe it's the format--I'm almost tired of watching them. Is it because I'm an Alex Wong fan... nah.

Something's missing! I can't imagine who will win, nor do I actually care. Waaaaah/end whine fest.

I got a little defensive of this season last night because I thought there were so many great performances with this episode, but I understand where you're coming from with this post. Cat and the judges seem a little hurried and they aren't bantering with the contestants like they did in Season 7. Heck, in S 7 they even let the all stars stay with the contestants and you got to see some interaction there as well. I do feel that I'm not getting to know the personalities of the contestants like we did last year. All they ever do is touch their chests and says "Thank you so much!". Also last year we got to see how funny Kent, Lauren, Robert, Alex, and some of the others could be. Maybe most of the contestants this year just have boring personalities. I'm just comparing to S7 but the same could be said for other seasons as well. However, I think we've gotten some great dancing this season.

--------------------
+Quote Post
foreign
post Jul 21st 2011, 6:21 PM
Post #705

QUOTE(boogieshooz @ Jul 21st 2011, 1:10 PM) *

Finally got a chance to watch last night's routines. My initial impressions:

Marko & Chelsie – It looked like he lost his footing a few times. Chelsie definately out-shined him, but I can’t really blame him for not being as good as Chelsie. It was good, but not impressive.

Sasha – Better solo than last time, but I don’t really feel like she connects with the audience in her solos. They’re very internal, but that could just be editing.

Jordan & Brandon – Beautiful, way better than expected. I’m not usually a Jordan fan, but I thought she held her own with Brandon.

Jess – Classic. Loved it! I love Harry Connick Jr. (NOLA forever) and Jess.

Tadd & Comfort – I agree he outshined Comfort, but I thought Sasha & Tadd outshined Comfort & Tadd.

Melanie –Loved it, very beautiful. Reminded me of Ellenore.

Mitchell & Melody – Not a “wow” routine, but I still liked it.

Ricky – Yet another flawless solo.

Clarice – Beautiful and powerful solo, but not to same level as some of the others. She's such a beautiful girl, but sometimes I wonder about her costume choices.

Caitlynn & Pasha – Started out slow, but turned into a very spicy number. I’ll be sad if she goes home tonight after such a fierce performance.

Mitchell – Beautiful and moving, but not one of the best. I think Mitchell's going home tonight sad.gif

Sasha &Twitch – IMO, the better Hip-Hop routine of the evening. I was hoping for something more hard-hitting, but what they did was great.

Jordan – So glad she took the judges advice and showed a little range. She also showed she could so something other than “sexy.” I’m still not sure if it was really good, or just better than I thought it would be (like when you expect something to suck, but it’s not that bad, which makes it seem better).

Jess & Kathryn – Everything I hoped it would be. The chemistry was great. It was beautiful and moving. One of my favorite pieces of the evening.

Tadd – This was one of his better solos. My main criticism of Tadd is that there’s no musicality. His solos don’t fell like dances; just a series of tricks.

Melanie & Pasha – Nice, but I didn’t really feel the chemistry between them. Also, and I don’t know much about the VW, but the routine didn’t look very complicated. I enjoyed the VW Joradd did better.

Caitlynn – It wasn’t a bad solo, but not as good as her last one. I wonder if she’s running out of steam.

Ricky & Allison - Powerful, Dramatic, I knew Ricky would really shine once he and Ryan split. I just hope it's not too late for him to build up a fan base. Another favorite.

Marko – Totally redeemed himself in the solo after the not-so-good samba, but I expected more from him.

Clarice & Robert – I really liked this routine. It helps that Robert is the most adorable human beings alive. The kiss seemed a little out of place (but maybe I’m just jealous). I’ll admit this routine didn’t look as difficult as the one given to cougar town, but I still liked it. Hoever, I’m afraid Bollywood may have become the kiss of death on sytycd. It injured Alex Wong, eliminated cougar town, and I’m afraid Clarice may be its next victim.
My top 3: Jess, Ricky, Caitlynn

My bottom 3: Tadd, Marko, Mitchell

my top 3 :
Alilson
Pasha
Brandon
MY BOTTOM 3
- Choose any of this year contestants

This post has been edited by foreign: Jul 21st 2011, 6:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Balfour
post Jul 21st 2011, 6:21 PM
Post #706

Yeah, you could be right, we're just not "getting to know" them. I know that sounds corny. But it does play into the drama of a TV competition show. If I want to simply see great dance, I'll buy tickets to see something in NY, you know what I mean? Where I live, I'm surrounded by spectacular dancing. I do, however, like to see young phenoms (I'm quite old, no don't ask). I don't know, the charisma quotient isn't there for TV to me. It may change as time goes on and they aren't so rushed. But I'm pretty convinced I like the 10 finalists format rather than 20. It just feels flat.
And this is off topic, but I thought Nigel seemed more pissed AT Alex than devasted for him, and that pretty much ticked me off.

QUOTE(Danceart64 @ Jul 21st 2011, 3:59 PM) *

I got a little defensive of this season last night because I thought there were so many great performances with this episode, but I understand where you're coming from with this post. Cat and the judges seem a little hurried and they aren't bantering with the contestants like they did in Season 7. Heck, in S 7 they even let the all stars stay with the contestants and you got to see some interaction there as well. I do feel that I'm not getting to know the personalities of the contestants like we did last year. All they ever do is touch their chests and says "Thank you so much!". Also last year we got to see how funny Kent, Lauren, Robert, Alex, and some of the others could be. Maybe most of the contestants this year just have boring personalities. I'm just comparing to S7 but the same could be said for other seasons as well. However, I think we've gotten some great dancing this season.

--------------------
+Quote Post
foreign
post Jul 21st 2011, 6:43 PM
Post #707

QUOTE(sytycdfan123 @ Jul 21st 2011, 3:39 PM) *

This one was way better than Tadd and Comfort's.

in total canadian season 4 is WAY better than US season 8. Even without All stars original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sytycdfan123
post Jul 21st 2011, 8:08 PM
Post #708

QUOTE(foreign @ Jul 21st 2011, 7:43 PM) *

in total canadian season 4 is WAY better than US season 8. Even without All stars original.gif

Season 8 is halfway over and were only 2 weeks into CA4 and I completly agree.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
dance4ever
post Jul 21st 2011, 9:41 PM
Post #709

QUOTE(Danceart64 @ Jul 21st 2011, 3:59 PM) *

Couldn't agree more! However, I do recall many not liking last year's format.

--------------------
+Quote Post
zyanazur
post Jul 22nd 2011, 9:46 AM
Post #710

Fav. SYTYCDC3: Denys Drozdyuk
Fav. SYTYCD5: Brandon Bryant
Fav. SYTYCDAU4: Renelle Jones

After watching the routines a few times, here are my thoughts:

Marko & Chelsie – Samba: Ugh, the huge number of tricks and lifts in the choreography killed this routine for me pinch.gif Couldn't enjoy it at all. It didn't help that I found Marko pretty unimpressive when he needed to redeem himself from the mess of a tango last week. I really wanted him to be one of my favourites again sad.gif At least Chelsie was really fierce bobo.gif

Sasha – It was very powerful and fluid and imo better than last week

Jordan & Brandon – Contemporary: Brandon was fantastic w00tbounce.gif I still think it was a shame that he only danced one contemporary routine in his respectively season because he is so good in his genre blarg.gif
Jordan was good as well

Jess – Loved it heart.gif He showed again how well he is technical versed in this solo. My second favourite solo of the night

Tadd & Comfort – Really liked it happy.gif There were some really cool movements though they were obviously out of sync at one moment.

Melanie – Beautiful. I really appreaciate that she and Sasha don't overly rely on tricks in their solos

Mitchell & Melody – Broadway: I was bored to death although I think it was more because of the choreography than anything else.

Ricky – Hhm, didn't enjoy it as much as his previous routines but it was still good.

Clarice – I didn't really like that one either. I would have probably liked it more if she had hit the movements harder

Caitlynn & Pasha – Hoo, her facial expressions were really sultry icecream.gif She kinda reminded me of Sara in her looks. Unfortunately I don't think her dancing measured up to it. She did a solid job but the routine fell a bit flat for me and didn't feel passionate at all for me. sad.gif

Mitchell – very pretty original.gif

Sasha &Twitch – HiPHop: Loved it heart.gif They portrayed their characters very well and I especially loved the fluidity of the piece. I don't understand why so many people think this isn't very HipHop-like. I think that they forget that HipHop doesn't necessarily need to be always hard-hitting and that it actually has very different aspects to it.

Jordan – I liked it.

Jess & Kathryn – Contemporary: I do feel he faded a bit into the background for some parts but it is Kathryn he is dancing with after all, so it is to be expected. Anyway I thought he did a good job. On a sidenote, I thought the lightning at the end of the routine was fantastic omg.gif It didn't feel like the sytycd stage at all.

Tadd – This was so entertaining, definitly my favourite solo

Melanie & Pasha – Viennese Waltz: It looked pretty but it felt a bit boring since it looked very simple and contentless for me.

Caitlynn – She always chooses music I love but then she doesn't live up to it blarg.gif It's just that her solos look so powerless to me and if she always falls out of her pirouettes she should just stop doing them, because they make her solo look worse than they are.

Ricky & Allison - Jazz: That was great yes.gif I liked how dramatic and dark this routine was as well the raw emotions diplayed by their dancing.

Marko – This just felt generic to me. He's falling in my rankings really fast thumbdown.gif

Clarice & Robert – Bollywood: I didn't love it as much as eceryone else. The routine looked very simple to me and while I thought Clarice did a fine job, Robert really distracted me with his imo awkward movements

This post has been edited by zyanazur: Jul 22nd 2011, 9:47 AM

--------------------
SYTYCD11 ♂ :: Zack • EmilioTeddy

IPB Image

SYTYCD11 ♀ :: TanishaCarlyMalene
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

36 Pages V « < 34 35 36
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Aug 29th 2014, 3:01 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol