Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

998 Pages V « < 996 997 998   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Off Topic Thread
Craig Bennett
post Yesterday, 4:06 PM
Post #19941

Group: Members

QUOTE(buttons66 @ Apr 22nd 2014, 11:58 AM) *

Grand Ole Opry ‏@opry 5m
Congratulations to the newest @countrymusichof inductees, Hank Cochran, Mac Wiseman, and #OpryMember @ronniemilsap!

I pick up my Mom's Southern Living and who's in it? Hunter Hayes. Talk about UMG and Kacey Musgraves. This guys label has spent a fortune on promoting him. If Scotty had received 1/4 the promotion from UMG Hunter has gottencfrom his label, we wouldn't be questioning why Scotty never gets to perform at the awards shows, play at the CMA Fest, or appear on the ACM's. Quite simply, Scotty's label just doesn't push him. They back his singles, and his See You Tonight tour. But they don't push him. There is a difference.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Yesterday, 4:06 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

ctryfan1980
post Yesterday, 4:41 PM
Post #19942

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

QUOTE(Craig Bennett @ Apr 22nd 2014, 5:06 PM) *

I pick up my Mom's Southern Living and who's in it? Hunter Hayes. Talk about UMG and Kacey Musgraves. This guys label has spent a fortune on promoting him. If Scotty had received 1/4 the promotion from UMG Hunter has gottencfrom his label, we wouldn't be questioning why Scotty never gets to perform at the awards shows, play at the CMA Fest, or appear on the ACM's. Quite simply, Scotty's label just doesn't push him. They back his singles, and his See You Tonight tour. But they don't push him. There is a difference.

Exactly! I can't click any music site I go to, including the home page of Itunes, and not see Hunter's new CD "Storyline" for pre-order. SYT didn't get close to this kind of promotion before it came out. Like we've discussed before, Scotty's on the "shoe bottom" side of UMG with Mercury and they treat all their artists the same way. I feel just as bad for Easton as I do Scotty. Mercury has put all its $$$ behind Kacey. Yes it got her several Album of the Year awards but it has got her little to no radio support and an award winning album and a small tour (not counting opening for big artists) that aren't selling worth a nickle! If Mercury had the common sense God gave a house-fly they would give Scotty the promotion that they give Kacey. Had the done that 2 years ago we wouldn't even be having this conversation now. Mercury lost Toby, Reba, and other artists in their early years to other labels where they became Mega A list successes. Mercury has only sustained 1 like that, Shania, in the last 30 years. I'd love to see the day Scotty gets with one of Sony's labels.

This post has been edited by ctryfan1980: Yesterday, 4:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
NanCEyeBuck
post Yesterday, 6:43 PM
Post #19943

For those who listened to Donkey Donkey, clean your ears out with this:

http://theboot.com/ronnie-dunn-george-strait-farewell-tour/

Audio not great; it doesn't have to be to sound a lot better than the above-noted song.

--------------------
+Quote Post
buttons66
post Yesterday, 7:27 PM
Post #19944

QUOTE(NanCEyeBuck @ Apr 22nd 2014, 7:43 PM) *

For those who listened to Donkey Donkey, clean your ears out with this:

http://theboot.com/ronnie-dunn-george-strait-farewell-tour/

Audio not great; it doesn't have to be to sound a lot better than the above-noted song.

That's awesome.Love The King and have always loved Ronnie Dunns voice.

I followed Ronnie and Kix for many years and was so sad when they went separate ways,but all good things end at some time ,even for George!

That 'Donkey' song must be some sort of joke...its ridiculous!!! fear2.gif

This post has been edited by buttons66: Yesterday, 7:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

998 Pages V « < 996 997 998
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 3:34 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol