Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

84 Pages V « < 60 61 62 63 64 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ~~Official~~ BTIKM Radio Thread, Adds/Spins/Stats/Etc.
TennisLover813
post Feb 21st 2012, 2:00 PM
Post #1221

Group: Members

Just so everyone feels a little better. I did hear that Adam will be back at q102philly in May. So perhaps there will be a new push when the album comes out. Lets not get all gloom and doom yet. Let's keep in mind Adam has been out of the spotlight here for over a year and people forget. Maybe this song was a safe soft launch back with his new less Glam look to be more mainstream. I have confidence that Adam will do well but I do agree he needs a huge upbeat dance hit on top 40. Let's exhale and enjoy seeing that beautify face on magazines and pics even if they are only on the internet. original.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 21st 2012, 2:00 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

sherrie
post Feb 21st 2012, 2:03 PM
Post #1222

I'm starting to wonder if Trespassing was pushed back partially for the new songs and partially because RCA has other artists (CB) that they are in full promo with right now? Someone upthread mentioned them promoting Adam more overseas than the US, honestly I think that's where he will be most successful in the short term... there are a lot of people in the US that just can't get past the his sexual orientation and it makes me want to scream! devil.gif

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
aquariusfin
post Feb 21st 2012, 2:10 PM
Post #1223

In situations like this, when nothing seems to make any sense, I am SOOOO looking forward to his memoirs.

What happened to "It's gonna explode" and all that other stuff?? unsure.gif

It seems obvious, that plans have changed several times. I am dying to know what are the actual causes behind all these changes. It's like they keep bumping into some brick walls and keep having to re-organize over and over again. WHO are the nay-sayers somewhere keeping the explotion from happening??? ARgh! excl.gif crying.gif

We had such high hopes for the new management company. For sure, the Queen gig was not their doing, but Adam himself.
My intention is not to be negative or pessimistic. Just f**ing irritated about not having a clue stuart.gif angry.gif

Maybe it is the quality of the song and I just cant't see it. pinch.gif I like it a lot more than WWFM.

--------------------
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Feb 21st 2012, 2:15 PM
Post #1224

QUOTE(aquariusfin @ Feb 21st 2012, 9:10 PM) *

In situations like this, when nothing seems to make any sense, I am SOOOO looking forward to his memoirs.

THIS. And everything else you said.

--------------------
IPB Image
- Signature created by ♥JM♥
+Quote Post
aquariusfin
post Feb 21st 2012, 2:18 PM
Post #1225

Thinking of memoirs, think how it would be years from now, to be reading his book and our these old threads at the same time. It'd be fun to see, how much we got things right & wrong

How do you make a back-up copy of this entire forum? ph34rwave.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Feb 21st 2012, 2:24 PM
Post #1226

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

QUOTE(sherrie @ Feb 21st 2012, 2:03 PM) *

I'm starting to wonder if Trespassing was pushed back partially for the new songs and partially becauseRCA has other artists (CB) that they are in full promo with right now? Someone upthread mentioned them promoting Adam more overseas than the US, honestly I think that's where he will be most successful in the short term... there are a lot of people in the US that just can't get past the his sexual orientation and it makes me want to scream! devil.gif

There are many singers/songwriters whom I would call "an artist", but CB is certainly not one of them to me. To me, he is a violent, manipulative, gross, and foul person, which are what make him stand out. He has an average voice and an unpleasant look. I had unfollowed RCA Records on twitter because of their shameless promo of CB on twitter. I am disgusted by the peeps running the twitter of RCA Records.

Adam is successful and will continue to be successful. If the powerful peeps in the US are not supporting Adam, then it's their loss. The world is a big big place, and the US is not the world...Sorry.

--------------------
+Quote Post
glamglamglam
post Feb 21st 2012, 2:25 PM
Post #1227

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

Here's what I don't get re: the Trespassing delay... if the album was finished, or close enough to it that they could announce a release date, why did people wait until that late to bring him these super incredible new songs? wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sage
post Feb 21st 2012, 2:28 PM
Post #1228

QUOTE(aquariusfin @ Feb 21st 2012, 1:10 PM) *

What happened to "It's gonna explode" and all that other stuff?? unsure.gif

It seems obvious, that plans have changed several times. I am dying to know what are the actual causes behind all these changes. It's like they keep bumping into some brick walls and keep having to re-organize over and over again. WHO are the nay-sayers somewhere keeping the explotion from happening??? ARgh! excl.gif crying.gif

We had such high hopes for the new management company. For sure, the Queen gig was not their doing, but Adam himself.
My intention is not to be negative or pessimistic. Just f**ing irritated about not having a clue stuart.gif angry.gif

Maybe it is the quality of the song and I just cant't see it. pinch.gif I like it a lot more than WWFM.

I like BTIKM better than WWFM too. And as you, what happened to "It's gonna explode"? I know for me, it's hard to stay optimistic after calling local radio to request and be told they have no plans to add it to their playlist. Seems as if many made up their minds a long time ago. We just need some good news in the US, or at the very least when to expect some good news. And from the looks of it, a new single.

--------------------
+Quote Post
marlock276
post Feb 21st 2012, 3:00 PM
Post #1229

Just wondering, have there been any adds today?

And just my two cents . . . maybe RCA isn't as focused on the U.S., but I do believe they didn't expect so many radio stations here to refuse to play Adam's song. It breaks my heart when I turn on my station (WEZB here in New Orleans) hoping against hope to hear Adam, and all I hear is Katy Perry, Chris Brown and Rihanna. You can't tell me that their songs are SO MUCH BETTER!

sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Feb 21st 2012, 3:00 PM
Post #1230

QUOTE(Sage @ Feb 21st 2012, 2:28 PM) *

I like BTIKM better than WWFM too. And as you, what happened to "It's gonna explode"? I know for me, it's hard to stay optimistic after calling local radio to request and be told they have no plans to add it to their playlist. Seems as if many made up their minds a long time ago. We just need some good news in the US, or at the very least when to expect some good news. And from the looks of it, a new single.

I'm beginning to think there is some reason US radio just won't get on board the Adam train, he certainly has been available for interviews nd everyone who interviews him says what a nice guy he is, he has an incredible voice so that leaves a couple of things either they truly don't like the material Adam has presented, but I find that hard to believe considering the overwhelming positive comments or RCA isn't playing the radio version of "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours". Maybe they thought they could just put something out and Adam being his charming self would take care of the promo. Heaven only knows RCA had to call in at least a few favors to get Chris Brown's music on the air. This is off topic and not to start fan wars or anything, but Kris Allen will be releasing something soon, so it will be interesting to see how RCA handles his promo. Right now I'm less than impressed with what they've done for Adam. no.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Crazyadamfan09
post Feb 21st 2012, 4:30 PM
Post #1231

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Artist: Rihanna

Wow. Btikm is dead. Let's just hope they have a new single lined up for when the album drops.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Crazyadamfan09
post Feb 21st 2012, 4:39 PM
Post #1232

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Artist: Rihanna

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Feb 21st 2012, 5:35 PM) *

Voted again. original.gif
Dead? Where??

It's not dead in many countries outside the US.

Is it definitely dead in the US?

It's getting about zero adds or spins so I guess.

Honestly, I'm hoping that BTIKM was just a buzz single, A song put out to remind everyone that Adam is still around. Maybe they'll replace it with a fast-paced dancey single before the album drops?? I'm hoping and praying because to be honest, this song is not going any higher. Regardless of how good it is .

This post has been edited by Crazyadamfan09: Feb 21st 2012, 4:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sage
post Feb 21st 2012, 4:47 PM
Post #1233

QUOTE(sherrie @ Feb 21st 2012, 2:00 PM) *

I'm beginning to think there is some reason US radio just won't get on board the Adam train, he certainly has been available for interviews nd everyone who interviews him says what a nice guy he is, he has an incredible voice so that leaves a couple of things either they truly don't like the material Adam has presented, but I find that hard to believe considering the overwhelming positive comments or RCA isn't playing the radio version of "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours". Maybe they thought they could just put something out and Adam being his charming self would take care of the promo. Heaven only knows RCA had to call in at least a few favors to get Chris Brown's music on the air. This is off topic and not to start fan wars or anything, but Kris Allen will be releasing something soon, so it will be interesting to see how RCA handles his promo. Right now I'm less than impressed with what they've done for Adam. no.gif

I don't know if RCA called in favors for CB but the album he released before the current one was blacklisted by radio. Then CB threw temper tantrums on Twitter, called haters racists, etc. I will say CB has a fanbase and he is able to sell records. He was also huge before the Rihanna incident and some probably saw it as giving him a second chance with this latest album. Not to mention all of the artists, like Pitbull, David Guetta, etc who put him on their records. That helped. And people can say what they want...Interscope is really shady to me. Almost all of their artists are huge on US radio. There's got to be some backroom dealing going on there. They have a track record like no other, at least in the US. As far as KA goes, I'm not interested in him. Honestly, I was hoping they wouldn't be releasing his and Adam's around the same time because of the fan wars you mentioned. Having said that, there's no guarantee KA will have an easier time with radio either. His last single flopped from his first album as well. But to be fair, it got very little support from his label and there wasn't even a video.

When Adam Bomb from I-93 in Dallas interviewed Adam during Grammy week, he told Adam that they received tons of requests for BTIKM, but that station never played it either. If you acknowledge you get "tons of requests" why won't they play it?

ETA: I was really glad to see Adam address haters on Twitter today. I know he was addressing the people who were upset Queen was performing with Adam, but I've always wanted Adam to take up for himself more publicly. Not throw tantrums like CB but dammit, when GLAAD has to step in and ask Yahoo to do something about the defamatory comments on ANY article about Adam, no one can say Adam hasn't been put through a lot and he hasn't done anything to anyone to warrant some of the treatment he has received.

This post has been edited by Sage: Feb 21st 2012, 4:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
patches77
post Feb 21st 2012, 4:53 PM
Post #1234

Fav. Joshua + Katee <3

QUOTE(Sage @ Feb 21st 2012, 2:47 PM) *

When Adam Bomb from I-93 in Dallas interviewed Adam during Grammy week, he told Adam that they received tons of requests for BTIKM, but that station never played it either. If you acknowledge you get "tons of requests" why won't they play it?

I don't get this either. BTIKM is always on the top 5 @ 5 on CHUM FM for the most requested song, but they never play him any other time. It's so frusterating! Especially because I find that the same handful of songs get played non stop and it's nice to listen to something that's not Adele, Katy Perry or Rihanna. thumbdown.gif

--------------------
Sig, Icon: BRSTek IPB Image
+Quote Post
cliff
post Feb 21st 2012, 4:58 PM
Post #1235

QUOTE(patches77 @ Feb 21st 2012, 4:53 PM) *

I don't get this either. BTIKM is always on the top 5 @ 5 on CHUM FM for the most requested song, but they never play him any other time. It's so frusterating! Especially because I find that the same handful of songs get played non stop and it's nice to listen to something that's not Adele, Katy Perry or Rihanna. thumbdown.gif

Adam has been getting about 4 spins/day at Chum. At least they are still playing him. Let's keep voting and requesting and hopefully he'll keep moving up on their chart.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Feb 21st 2012, 5:04 PM
Post #1236

Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

QUOTE(cliff @ Feb 21st 2012, 4:58 PM) *

Adam has been getting about 4 spins/day at Chum. At least they are still playing him. Let's keep voting and requesting and hopefully he'll keep moving up on their chart.

Agreed.

I know that Chum FM has been playing BTIKM whenever some Adam fans request for it. In fact, one of the DJ there is a Glambert and has been tweeting Adam fans to request the song if they want it played on Chum.

Edit: BTIKM is #2 on CHUM FM Top5@5 today and is being played on CHUM FM now! original.gif

This post has been edited by Vivaldi: Feb 21st 2012, 5:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 21st 2012, 6:03 PM
Post #1237

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

* WLHT-FM Pub 9 Hot AC Grand Rapids 19/RCA Townsquare Media 67 2/21/2012 3:03:00 PM

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Mateja
post Feb 21st 2012, 6:55 PM
Post #1238

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. XF UK: One Direction

Is it now safe for me to say that BTIKM won't go anywhere on the US radio? blarg.gif

Okay, so ... Guys, I love Adam. But, when I first heard BTIKM, I didn't hear a smash hit or even just a hit. Just boring mid-tempo song with cliche lyrics. I admit it grew on me a bit after repeat listens and I secretly hoped the radio would jump on it and made it happen. But realistically, no way.

I try to follow pop music, so I know BTIKM wasn't up to par.

Let's be careful with the gay card. While I agree, homophobia is certainly an issue, I think the radio would give Adam's single a chance if the song was better.

Another strong drawback IMO is American Idol connection IMO. Some Idols from the first 5 seasons of Idol managed to establish themselves on the radio (at least in their home formats):

Kelly on CHR and HAC
Fantasia on Urban and Urban AC
Jennifer Hudson on Urban and Urban AC
Carrie Underwood on country
Daughtry on HAC (used to be popular on CHR, but not anymore)

And that's about it.

Kellie Pickler has problems with country radio.
Jordin had pop hits, but it's been a while. We know what happened to Cook and Archuleta.
We know how it went with season 8 alumni.
Season 9 never got a chance ... well, maybe Casey James will get some radio play on country format.
Season 10 country kids are on about the same level as Casey James. Durbin is flopping with his singles.

So, not a lot of luck for Idols from recent seasons. I think radio in general in tired of Idols. Those 5 that got established get radio play. The others need miracles. Also, Idol is so far removed from current pop radio it's not even funny.

Also, I checked the add board today. Chris Rene from X Factor USA season 1 got 26 adds this week for a total of 30. His single "Young Homie" goes for adds next week. And Z100 added "What Makes You Beautiful" from One Direction (X Factor UK). So, X Factor newbies are cool enough or what?

--------------------
+Quote Post
bola
post Feb 22nd 2012, 7:01 AM
Post #1239

QUOTE(Mateja @ Feb 21st 2012, 6:55 PM) *

Is it now safe for me to say that BTIKM won't go anywhere on the US radio? blarg.gif

Okay, so ... Guys, I love Adam. But, when I first heard BTIKM, I didn't hear a smash hit or even just a hit. Just boring mid-tempo song with cliche lyrics. I admit it grew on me a bit after repeat listens and I secretly hoped the radio would jump on it and made it happen. But realistically, no way.

I try to follow pop music, so I know BTIKM wasn't up to par.

Let's be careful with the gay card. While I agree, homophobia is certainly an issue, I think the radio would give Adam's single a chance if the song was better.

Another strong drawback IMO is American Idol connection IMO. Some Idols from the first 5 seasons of Idol managed to establish themselves on the radio (at least in their home formats):

Kelly on CHR and HAC
Fantasia on Urban and Urban AC
Jennifer Hudson on Urban and Urban AC
Carrie Underwood on country
Daughtry on HAC (used to be popular on CHR, but not anymore)

And that's about it.

Kellie Pickler has problems with country radio.
Jordin had pop hits, but it's been a while. We know what happened to Cook and Archuleta.
We know how it went with season 8 alumni.
Season 9 never got a chance ... well, maybe Casey James will get some radio play on country format.
Season 10 country kids are on about the same level as Casey James. Durbin is flopping with his singles.

So, not a lot of luck for Idols from recent seasons. I think radio in general in tired of Idols. Those 5 that got established get radio play. The others need miracles. Also, Idol is so far removed from current pop radio it's not even funny.

Also, I checked the add board today. Chris Rene from X Factor USA season 1 got 26 adds this week for a total of 30. His single "Young Homie" goes for adds next week. And Z100 added "What Makes You Beautiful" from One Direction (X Factor UK). So, X Factor newbies are cool enough or what?

Mateja, I agree with some of your points in a way i.e. the Idol fatigue. Radio seems interested in spinning Kelly and by that, I mean POP radio. Unlike radio though, I don't believe she is the best that came from AI as I think Adam has better star qualities and is generally more talented than her (subjective, I know).

On the other hand, I don't agree that song is bad. Most of the POP reviewers that reviewed it said it was a damn good song, including Rolling Stone. It seems just EW gave it an average review. And by the way, what makes Kelly's mr. know it all better than it and radio made a hit of that song. I sold barely 1m with all the ridiculous spins and AI.

I hear worse songs on the radio all the time. Do you want to tell me all those Katy songs that have been smashing are some masterpieces? What of some forced fed Gaga songs that radio played, yet refused to sell like her last single? Mind you, I am not saying these artists are bad and I don't think they don't deserve the success they are having either.

I am on the other hand just saying that radio determines what song they would play, thus decide what becomes a hit. If your song flies with the public in the process of getting those radio love, lucky you as it means more plays for your song and probably your subsequent singles too.

If this Adam's song were to have been released by Katy and co, it would be smashing left and right as radio would make sure it is played every 30mins and force feed people with it. It has gotten to a song that Katy won't go away like Rihanna because she is sure anything she touches is gold as radio would spin the living day out of it.

And tell me, how could that Xfactor Rene get 30 adds before his adds date and Adam could barely get half of that in over two months of his song's life? I still can't believe that and anyone that can give a plausible explanation regarding that would be highly appreaciated? Or is he not also coming from a reality show? I thought the concesus was like there was a reality singers fatique with radio pds? WOW, I still find that sooo unbelievable?

Do you think the single (Adam's) was not tested with radio before they picked it? Even his other markets that supported him in his first era, he could not hold on to with this song including Finland. What could be going on?

Could it also be the Finland issue? So many questions in my head right now that I wish Adam could spill some things regarding what is really going since I am convinced he knows, but he is been mute. He did not even tell fans to request it on twitter ( not like that actually works, since radio would play what it wants irregardless of you winning on some stupid set up radio polls or requesting it. Hmm.. maybe he knows that, hence why he didn't ask fans to request).

Can't the label use payola? Do you think Adam and us as his fans stand another chance on the radio with the first single bombing horribly? I am shocked it did not even peak as high as Cook's (whom I do not like comparing him to for I believe he is above Idol and not like any one of them) horrible singles?

I am really sad and depressed seeing his carreer experiencing any kind of hipcups. I wanted him established faster than this. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Feb 22nd 2012, 7:33 AM
Post #1240

Fav. Adam Lambert

w00twave.gif

Knowing that the music business is very political; I would find it hard to believe that the Finland thing is why the push of the single was pulled back. With what is going on with CB & R....seems like the music business loves that kind of stuff. I do think Adam knows what is going on and I am thinking it has more to do with Adam/Queen, than Finland. Also, I think Adam did tweet us to request....I may be wrong rolleyes.gif

Anyway.....can't wait for Adam's new music and soooo excited for the Adam/Queen event; which will boost his sales...IMO !!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

84 Pages V « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Aug 1st 2014, 9:29 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol