Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

949 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ~~Official~~ General Discussion for Trespassing
sealuv
post Jan 2nd 2011, 9:03 PM
Post #81

Group: Members

Lambert has been both diligent and shrewd about distancing himself from the 19E juggernaut that he used to get the exposure he’d been seeking for a decade.
That dark electronica along with melodies that allow for the vocal acrobatics that are Adam’s signature are the kinds of sounds that can crossover numerous radio station formats and other fanbases.
His voice has so much flexibility which when combined with his lack of fear of trying new things can be taken into a world of combining rock, electronica, club, prog and glam for something completely different.

These above statements are why Adam will succeed......

Little things like polite “thanks but no thanks” included in interview questions, smoking weed on stage in Amsterdam (yes, it was totally legal and actually pretty tame when it comes to being ‘rock-n-roll’), and mentioning how the Grammy nomination gives him more true industry recognition have all resulted in indignant responses from some fans to the point of them walking (storming) away from Camp Glam. But as any gardener or farmer knows, you have to get rid of the weeds and sometimes even do a controlled-burn of the field to produce a rich, healthy crop in future harvests.

Sayonara.....you pearl clutchers...Adam has slammed that IDOL door.... haha.gif

Anyone who has been paying even the slightest attention can attest to the fact that Adam Lambert is full of surprises. It’s not to say that he is completely unpredictable, as he has already proved himself to be a savvy businessperson who calls upon ten years experience, industry connections and just gut instinct on a regular basis to build his future. It can only be hoped that the label and management will not do something so foolish as to say “ok, we let you make your record, now you’re going to make ours” and steer him down either the crooner or classic rocker roads.

This is where the blogger lost.........there is no way in hell that AFL would make an album that was not totally HIS VISION...the dude has not spent the last 10 years of creative OTT to have it sabotaged by his label..... and I do believe they get him!

--------------------
2014 IS GONNA BE WILD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 2nd 2011, 9:03 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Vivaldi
post Jan 2nd 2011, 9:06 PM
Post #82

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

QUOTE(svca @ Dec 31st 2010, 9:44 PM) *

Good God, what happened to Bo George's voice? I used to love his songs. His voice is so trashed now.

sad.gif

I don't know why Boy George's voice has changed.

Maybe his voice has gone deeper because he is older. He is 49 years old now.

Maybe his voice has changed because he had been struggling with his heroin addiction for many years in the past. I don't know.

I still love Boy George as a singer and a performer though.

The single 'Somebody To Love Me' peaked at #55 on the UK Singles Chart last year.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Jan 2nd 2011, 9:12 PM
Post #83

QUOTE(LightLovePeace @ Jan 2nd 2011, 8:18 PM) *

I totally agree. In my mind, Adam would be going backwards by being an opening act. He's headlined a world tour when others had to cancel tours and/or show dates. I can't see him now opening for someone. He's beyond that.

I agree too. Who will have the confidence/courage to sing after Adam's performance?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Jan 2nd 2011, 9:30 PM
Post #84

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jan 2nd 2011, 8:33 PM) *

Isn't it amazing that we have managed to write 4 pages (now 5) about a CD we have absolutely NO CLUE about yet?

Can't wait until those tidbits, tweets from various producers, musicians, start getting picked up by the Ninja Skanks!

I don't have any news, but I think the chance of Adam and Slash working together in this year is very small.

Slash is going on tour with Ozzy Osbourne in early 2011. And Slash had said that Myles Kennedy (who is an amazing rock vocalist) is going to be the sole vocalist on his second solo album.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Jan 2nd 2011, 9:37 PM
Post #85

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Jan 2nd 2011, 7:06 PM) *

I don't know why Boy George's voice has changed.

Maybe his voice has gone deeper because he is older. He is 49 years old now.

Maybe his voice has changed because he had been struggling with his heroin addiction for many years in the past. I don't know.

I still love Boy George as a singer and a performer though.

The single 'Somebody To Love Me' peaked at #55 on the UK Singles Chart last year.

Unfortunately, when you don't take care of yourself....drugs or whatever, it will take a toll on your body, which means the voice.......Boy George and George Michael, as others, had to deal with a lot...not comfortable in their own skins due to the music climate of that time... and this only creates self distruction sad.gif in your life and abuse.......fortunately, Adam is open and proud and has phenomenal vocal knowledge. He will never be a Boy George or George Michael, because self destruction is not in his vocabulary. original.gif

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Jan 2nd 2011, 7:12 PM) *

I agree too. Who will have the confidence/courage to sing after Adam's performance?

Totally agree....Adam is a HEADLINER and always will be... he will keep acumulating fans on his talent ....not the coattails of another artist.

Hey svca.....see you there... w00twave.gif my Farm NYE tart was great... haha.gif

This post has been edited by sealuv: Jan 2nd 2011, 9:49 PM

--------------------
2014 IS GONNA BE WILD
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Jan 2nd 2011, 9:51 PM
Post #86

QUOTE(sealuv @ Jan 2nd 2011, 9:37 PM) *

Unfortunately, when you don't take care of yourself....drugs or whatever, it will take a toll on your body, which means the voice.......Boy George and George Michael, as others, had to deal with a lot...not comfortable in their own skins due to the music climate of that time... and this only creates self distruction sad.gif in your life and abuse.......fortunately, Adam is open and proud and has phenomenal vocal knowledge. He will never be a Boy George or George Michael, because self destruction is not in his vocabulary. original.gif

I agree. I hope Adam will never self destruct. His talent and skills are so precious. For example, he is #2 on the "100 Most Technically Skilled Male Rock Vocalists" list on the DDD Forum :

http://digitaldreamdoor.com/forum/viewtopi...p?f=4&t=185

He is #1 on the "Most Skilled Rock Vocalists by Decade : 00's" list on the DDD Forum :

http://digitaldreamdoor.com/forum/viewtopi...p?f=4&t=208

This post has been edited by Vivaldi: Jan 2nd 2011, 10:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Jan 2nd 2011, 10:01 PM
Post #87

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Jan 2nd 2011, 7:51 PM) *

I agree. I hope Adam will never self destruct. His talent and skills are so precious. For example, he is #2 on the "100 Most Technically Skilled Male Rock Vocalists" list on the DDD Forum.

Luv these peeps.....have a good handle on Adam's talent... original.gif

--------------------
2014 IS GONNA BE WILD
+Quote Post
aviddem
post Jan 2nd 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #88

Fav. Idol: ADAM F. LAMBERT

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Jan 2nd 2011, 9:51 PM) *

I agree. I hope Adam will never self destruct. His talent and skills are so precious. For example, he is #2 on the "100 Most Technically Skilled Male Rock Vocalists" list on the DDD Forum.

I lurk at DDD Forum. Please everyone, don't post there unless you have a lot of technical knowledge about singing and vocal abilities. They have been "invaded" by fangirl posts in the past, and it does nothing but piss them off and give them a bad taste in their mouth about Adam. And trust me, they can spot a fangirl a mile away!

They are only interested in technical ability and evaluating/comparing vocalists, they don't care how Adam makes us feel when he sings, or how gorgeous he is. I've actually seen Adam drop a notch or two on a couple of lists on DDD just because quite a number of the guys there were pissed off at the Glamberts invading their "serious" forum. It's an interesting and informative place to lurk, but let's leave these guys alone and post on our own fan forums. huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Jan 2nd 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #89

QUOTE(aviddem @ Jan 2nd 2011, 10:14 PM) *

I lurk at DDD Forum. Please everyone, don't post there unless you have a lot of technical knowledge about singing and vocal abilities. They have been "invaded" by fangirl posts in the past, and it does nothing but piss them off and give them a bad taste in their mouth about Adam. And trust me, they can spot a fangirl a mile away!

They are only interested in technical ability and evaluating/comparing vocalists, they don't care how Adam makes us feel when he sings, or how gorgeous he is. I've actually seen Adam drop a notch or two on a couple of lists on DDD just because quite a number of the guys there were pissed off at the Glamberts invading their "serious" forum. It's an interesting and informative place to lurk, but let's leave these guys alone and post on our own fan forums. huggy.gif

I have been lurking at the DDD Forum for a long time, but had never joined the forum.

It was wonderful to see that those music experts there really appreciate Adam's and the other artists' talent and skills. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Jan 2nd 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #90

QUOTE(aviddem @ Jan 2nd 2011, 8:14 PM) *

Agree...lurkdom is good ...so much to learn...but like aviddem says...unless you are a very competent vocalist and can truly contribute...off limits ...serious dudes there... noexpression.gif

--------------------
2014 IS GONNA BE WILD
+Quote Post
fangurl1964
post Jan 2nd 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #91

I was just reading back in the thread, and I can't imagine that writer's idea of adam opening for another band at this point. I could see him co-headlining if there were a reason, but never opening for someone else. It just seems to bizarre an idea to me after his solid run and all the attention and recognition he has received. I mean, would a record label even entertain that notion after a success like his? I know the venues were smaller, but my god, he sold almost all of them out right out of the gate.

--------------------
Lambskank #541

~ Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

+Quote Post
Lisab
post Jan 3rd 2011, 12:47 AM
Post #92

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Jan 2nd 2011, 10:32 PM) *

I have been lurking at the DDD Forum for a long time, but had never joined the forum.

It was wonderful to see that those music experts there really appreciate Adam's and the other artists' talent and skills. original.gif

Why is the DDD Forum important? Is it even famous among music fans? I only see Adam's fans talking about that forum unsure.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kaydan :)
post Jan 3rd 2011, 12:54 AM
Post #93

Fav. Judge: Ellen DeGeneres
Fav. fandom: Lambskanks. Word.

QUOTE(fangurl1964 @ Jan 2nd 2011, 9:51 PM) *

I was just reading back in the thread, and I can't imagine that writer's idea of adam opening for another band at this point. I could see him co-headlining if there were a reason, but never opening for someone else. It just seems to bizarre an idea to me after his solid run and all the attention and recognition he has received. I mean, would a record label even entertain that notion after a success like his? I know the venues were smaller, but my god, he sold almost all of them out right out of the gate.

This! I think they'd be stupid to consider it. Not saying that because I'm a fan. Even if I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't give it a second thought, what with his success, that he would headline every tour from here out. They had to even add more seating to some venues so it would hold, right? There was great demand throughout the whole run. He could sell out even arenas, if he wanted. Maybe next time he tours, they'll do larger scale venues but not as many dates. Who knows, I'm just rambling. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Jan 3rd 2011, 2:09 AM
Post #94

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Kaydan :) @ Jan 3rd 2011, 12:54 AM) *

This! I think they'd be stupid to consider it. Not saying that because I'm a fan. Even if I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't give it a second thought, what with his success, that he would headline every tour from here out. They had to even add more seating to some venues so it would hold, right? There was great demand throughout the whole run. He could sell out even arenas, if he wanted. Maybe next time he tours, they'll do larger scale venues but not as many dates. Who knows, I'm just rambling. tongue.gif

I think on his next 'headliner' tour; instead of going to so many cities, Adam should go to the major cities for a 2 or 3 day run in each of these cities at the nicer mid-sized venues. Do several shows from one location and let the fans come to him. Along with his "Hot Evening Shows"; in some cities, he could include some afternoon matinee type acoustic 'kid friendly' shows for Donor's Choose; inviting local school's Music Group/Glee Club to perform a song with him at this matinee....possibly make it like a M&G/Sound Check/Fund Raiser...with local radio stations/business' buying the tickets to give to the kids/teachers ......Good PR and building future fans........I am rambling here as well....just a thought yes.gif wub.gif

This post has been edited by Love2Lurk: Jan 3rd 2011, 2:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
EidolonBird
post Jan 3rd 2011, 2:29 AM
Post #95

QUOTE(fangurl1964 @ Jan 2nd 2011, 8:51 PM) *

Success is hardly a reason to rule out touring as an opening act. For example, Muse is one of my absolute favorite bands. When they were headlining their Black Holes and Revelations tour in 2007, I saw them in a venue that held about 4000 people. Considering that, their mad-crazy success back in England, and their sudden rise to fame in the US once they became associated with the "Twilight" series, why should they consider opening for another band? Yet they did. Back in 2009, it was announced that they would be opening select dates on the first North American leg of U2's 360° tour, and they will be joining U2 again in 2011 for a spring tour through South American.

What did they get out of this? Instead of playing arenas of about 20,000 people, they played stadiums packed with 50,000-100,000 people. They were exposed to more people, different generations of listeners and will be touring countries they might not have toured on their own. Quite a few U2 fans I have spoken with had not heard of Muse before the concert and were COMPLETELY blown away by their performance. (One of my favorite quotes was by a U2 fan who said it didn't feel like Muse was opening for U2 so much as U2 was closing for Muse.) You can bet they got more than a few extra record sales out of those dates.

Exposure is a huge deal. It's easy to forget when you are on a forum filled with devoted fans or in the middle of a crowded venue, but Adam is not THAT well-known. While some shows were rescheduled in slightly larger venues, others didn't quite sell out or only did so at the last minute. There's no way - at least not in my city (and I live in one of the largest cities in the US) - that he could sell out an arena based on his current level of popularity.

Furthermore, when my coworkers found out I went to LA to see him, responses ranged from "Adam who?" and "I recognize the name but don't know anything he's done" to the even more depressing "Isn't he that gay guy from American Idol?" The moment I mention "Whataya Want From Me", the reaction is instantly positive - they know that song, even if they don't know his name. Touring with other bands, being exposed to larger, more diverse audiences would get his name out to people and places he might not have reached on his own. It's not like he has to spend the ENTIRE tour opening for that band. Again, going back to Muse, they opened slightly less than a dozen shows for U2 in the US before taking off on their own sold-out world tour of nearly one hundred shows.

The biggest question in my mind is WHO Adam should open for. Though my inner diva would absolutely die for a Scissor Sisters/Adam Lambert/Lady Gaga line up, I really wish he would do a bit more rock/alternative stuff and pair with a band from that genre for a few shows. (What band, I have no clue. I don't know as if he would go over well with the Musers. There's always the talk of Queen, but as much as I love classic rock, I think he needs some contemporary rock influences to stay current and popular.)

Anyway, I hope this giant wall o' text isn't seen as being too negative. I only want the best for Adam. Having seen other popular bands take a break from headlining to do a few opening shows, I can hardly see how it would be a bad thing for Adam to do the same (as long as he and his management picked the proper "closing" band.)

This post has been edited by EidolonBird: Jan 3rd 2011, 4:28 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SGlam
post Jan 3rd 2011, 2:36 AM
Post #96

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jan 3rd 2011, 2:33 AM) *

Can't wait until those tidbits, tweets from various producers, musicians, start getting picked up by the Ninja Skanks!

I have never in my life been this excited for an album w00t.gif . I can't wait to hear it!! I only hope Adam doesn't go too much WWFM route. But hey, it's Adam, it's gonna be a fabulous CD. I also love the idea him and Monte writing together.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lisab
post Jan 3rd 2011, 3:18 AM
Post #97

QUOTE(EidolonBird @ Jan 3rd 2011, 2:29 AM) *

Success is hardly a reason to rule out touring as an opening act. For example, Muse is one of my absolute favorite bands. When they were headlining their Black Holes and Revelations tour in 2007, I saw them in a venue that held about 4000 people. Considering that, their mad-crazy success back in England, and their sudden rise to fame in the US once they became associated with the "Twilight" series, why should they consider opening for another band? Yet they did. Back in 2009, it was announced that they would be opening select dates on the first North American leg of U2's 360° tour, and they will be joining U2 again in 2011 for a spring tour through South American.

What did they get out of this? Instead of playing arenas of about 20,000 people, they played stadiums packed with 50,000-100,000 people. They were exposed to more people, different generations of listeners and will be touring countries they might not have toured on their own. Quite a few U2 fans I have spoken with had not heard of Muse before the concert and were COMPLETELY blown away by their performance. (One of my favorite quotes was by a U2 fan who said it didn't feel like Muse was opening for U2 so much as U2 was closing for Muse.) You can bet they got more than a few extra record sales out of those dates.

Exposure is a huge deal. It's easy to forget when you are on a forum filled with devoted fans or in the middle of a crowded venue, but Adam is not THAT well-known. While some shows were rescheduled in slightly larger venues, others didn't quite sell out or only did so at the last minute. There's no way - at least not in my city (and I live in one of the largest cities in the US) - that he could sell out an arena based on his current level of popularity.

Furthermore, when my coworkers found out I went to LA to see him, responses ranged from "Adam who?" and "I recognize the name but don't know anything he's done" to the even more depressing "Isn't he that gay guy from American Idol?" The moment I mention "Whataya Want From Me", the reaction is instantly positive - they know that song, even if they don't know his name. Touring with other bands, being exposed to larger, more diverse audiences would get his name out to people and places he might not have reached on his own. It's not like he has to spend the ENTIRE tour opening for that band. Again, going back to Muse, they opened slightly less than a dozen shows for U2 in the US before taking off on their own sold-out world tour over nearly one hundred shows.

The biggest question in my mind is WHO Adam should open for. Though my inner diva would absolutely die for a Scissor Sisters/Adam Lambert/Lady Gaga line up, I really wish he would do a bit more rock/alternative stuff and pair with a band from that genre for a few shows. (What band, I have no clue. I don't know as if he would go over well with the Musers. There's always the talk of Queen, but as much as I love classic rock, I think he needs some contemporary rock influences to stay current and popular.)
Anyway, I hope this giant wall o' text isn't seen as being too negative. I only want the best for Adam. Having seen other popular bands take a break from headlining to do a few opening shows, I can hardly see how it would be a bad thing for Adam to do the same (as long as he and his management picked the proper "closing" band.)

Well said thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
EidolonBird
post Jan 3rd 2011, 4:43 AM
Post #98

QUOTE(Lisab @ Jan 3rd 2011, 1:18 AM) *

Well said thumbsup.gif

Thank you! huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
isitoveryet
post Jan 3rd 2011, 6:56 AM
Post #99

Fav. AT&T PWNS us ALL!!!

For me it would be P!nk.. but I think she is going to be busy for the next year+ wink.gif. To me they would have been the perfect pairing, especially for international dates. With her he can still rock his pop.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Jan 3rd 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #100

This is the biggest conundrum for Adam.......he is unique and a fit as an opener is tough.... Also, we have to remember that Adam's exposure and reception will be different for his next tour, depending on how this new CD is received.....and, of course, we are all hoping for major accolades.

So for the moment it is all whistling.gif in the breeze........my gut feeling is Adam will always wish to tour on his own, unless he collaborates with another artist and their vision is similar.....and it is for a limited amount of venues.....

--------------------
2014 IS GONNA BE WILD
+Quote Post

949 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 23rd 2014, 11:01 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol