Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FOX cancels results show!, - per Nigel's Twitter
emcee
post Jan 1st 2012, 9:45 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD4: Chelsie Hightower
Fav. SYTYCD9: Witney Carson
Fav. SYTYCD9: Lindsay Arnold

noexpression.gif
This would never happen, but in this case they should let us vote during the performances and then reveal the bottom 3 couples at the end of the show.. or use the same voting format but eliminate ABDC style and announce the results at the beginning of the next weeks show

If Nigel would get the pompous head out of his ass then he would take this into consideration noexpression.gif

This post has been edited by emcee: Jan 1st 2012, 9:46 PM

--------------------
sig credit to:music_junkierules
IPB Image
sytycd 9: Team ballroom- Witney and Lindsay <3
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 1st 2012, 9:45 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

smilesunshineex3
post Jan 1st 2012, 9:53 PM
Post #42

Fav. SYTYCD2: Allison Holker
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman

QUOTE(poopooface @ Jan 1st 2012, 9:34 PM) *

I don't understand. How is S6 responsible for the show's downward trajectory? It was a failed experiment but I don't see how the difficulties from that season carry over into the subsequent summer seasons?

To be honest I don't quite understand it either, I'm guessing that if that season got poor ratings, viewers aren't going to return to watch after that. They made a lot of poor choices with that as other people have mentioned: fall season, no tour, 6-person finale, etc.

I think I'm one of the few who enjoyed the all-star format, season 7 was actually my favorite one out of the most recent years. Evidently the show was struggling, judging by all the celebrities they brought in for season 8. I don't think the show's bad enough to make such a drastic change such as removing the result night - cutting it to half an hour would be reasonable - and I definitely don't think it's time to be cancelled yet. Oh well.

QUOTE(emcee @ Jan 1st 2012, 9:45 PM) *

noexpression.gif
This would never happen, but in this case they should let us vote during the performances and then reveal the bottom 3 couples at the end of the show.. or use the same voting format but eliminate ABDC style and announce the results at the beginning of the next weeks show

If Nigel would get the pompous head out of his ass then he would take this into consideration noexpression.gif

I don't think that would work because of the different time zones...it'd be airing in Hawaii at like 2 in the afternoon in order for all of the time zones to vote at the same time.

--------------------
i can't, no i won't hush
i'll say the words that make you
blush
+Quote Post
Butte009
post Jan 1st 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #43

Fav. SYTYCD7: Alex Wong
Fav. DWTS: Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Nigel should just go back to the Season 1 format. Best solution by far IMO.

He should not even consider the judges making the decisions on their own.

Although something along the lines of Project Runway could be hilarious. I can just imagine the dancers throwing each other under the bus when it came time to talk to the bottom 3. Make the choreographers stand there and give comments as well.

--------------------
IPB Image
Winter is Coming... Fire and Blood... Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken...
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Jan 2nd 2012, 2:23 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(smilesunshineex3 @ Jan 1st 2012, 9:53 PM) *

To be honest I don't quite understand it either, I'm guessing that if that season got poor ratings, viewers aren't going to return to watch after that. They made a lot of poor choices with that as other people have mentioned: fall season, no tour, 6-person finale, etc.

I always assumed S6 struggled in the ratings because it was during the fall where things are much more competitive. Moving the show back to the summer should completely solve that problem though so I don't get how it matters. The other "poor choices" like having no tour and the 6-person finale would offend hardcore fans like us but I can't imagine it being a deal-breaker for casual fans who I assume make up the majority of the viewers.

QUOTE(smilesunshineex3 @ Jan 1st 2012, 9:53 PM) *

I think I'm one of the few who enjoyed the all-star format, season 7 was actually my favorite one out of the most recent years. Evidently the show was struggling, judging by all the celebrities they brought in for season 8. I don't think the show's bad enough to make such a drastic change such as removing the result night - cutting it to half an hour would be reasonable - and I definitely don't think it's time to be cancelled yet. Oh well.
I don't think that would work because of the different time zones...it'd be airing in Hawaii at like 2 in the afternoon in order for all of the time zones to vote at the same time.

Yea, figuring out how voting works is going to be a nightmare without a results show. Terrible terrible decision. They could have cut costs and still maintain the health of the show by cutting the results show to a half-hour and cutting the unnecessary but probably expensive musical acts.

--------------------
+Quote Post
MissXulia
post Jan 2nd 2012, 7:02 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(jstxanothrxstory @ Jan 1st 2012, 11:34 PM) *
The ratings would still be high if we didn't lose all the diversity within the first four weeks. whistling.gif
TRUE. noexpression.gif

--------------------
last.fm tumblr | Set by [x] [x]
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
buffmetube
post Jan 2nd 2012, 10:39 PM
Post #46

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

The easiest/most logical thing to do will be to have the results right at the beginning of the next episode, pre-taped. I know spoilers would be an issue, but I think Nigel & co. will be fine with them.

That said, I hope we still get to vote for the couples and then the judges decide who goes home. It's worse for the judges to decide the B3 and for us to vote for the eliminee. Trust me.

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCD AU4: Patric. Nadiah. Sam. Jordan. Eden. Michael. Yukino. Jay
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jan 2nd 2012, 10:49 PM
Post #47

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

For me, the show is on a downward spiral because of the endless, endless, judging sections. There is no need for four judges, and there is especially no need for four judges who aren't even entertaining. They just go on and on and on, and there is nothing interesting about it.

I swear I timed it once, and the dance was, like, a minute and a half, and the judges spoke for about six minutes.

Enough! Showcase more of the actual dancing, please.

I was a big fan of this show, and even I had to force myself to watch last season. I can't imagine how casual viewers felt.

The show can be saved, but they need to make the judging more entertaining, and they need to add more dancing and cut down on the boring filler/talking.

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Jan 2nd 2012, 10:49 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jan 2nd 2012, 11:00 PM
Post #48

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

Also, they need to make sure they bring their A-game as far as routines for the first performance show. Last season I thought the first performance show SUCKED. I almost didn't bother to keep watching the show because of that. I can only imagine how casual viewers felt.

The Travis Wall statues routine is the only one I can even remember.

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
Jess
post Jan 3rd 2012, 2:17 AM
Post #49

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. SYTYCD7: Robert Roldan
Fav. SYTYCD8: Melanie Moore
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

The more I think about this, the more DUMB it seems. I mean, they really can't spare an extra half hour in the SUMMER programming for a results show every week? confused.gif What, do they need time to show infomercials or something? I guess that's more sad than dumb, but either way it's going to complicate things to the point of hurting the show. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
ai13: caleb. jena. jess. alex. | sytycdau4: lauren. michael. renelle. jay.
+Quote Post
Lackey
post Jan 3rd 2012, 4:10 PM
Post #50

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Singer: Allison Iraheta

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/02/so-you-t...-dance-results/

This article shows the positive side to ending result shows original.gif

--------------------
Idol 10: Haley, James, Casey
Idol 11: JESSICA, Skylar, Hollie, Elise, DeAndre, Phillip
IPB Image

Check out my movie review blog!
+Quote Post
boogieshooz
post Jan 3rd 2012, 4:40 PM
Post #51

Fav. SYTYCDC4: Melissa Mitro
Fav. SYTYCD6: Jakob Karr
Fav. SYTYCDNL: Lorenzo Bottazzi

They could easily just announce the results at the beginning of the following weeks show, but it will be really hard to prevent spoilers from leaking.

They would probably have to make the contestants stop tweeting about their rehearsals, which I know some people really enjoy.

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCDAU#PASH
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Jan 3rd 2012, 5:01 PM
Post #52

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

I think they could still use the current format. Have America vote and then they'll film the results the next night. Then, they'll just attach that to the start of the next show. The only thing is there'd be no audience for the results. haha.gif

--------------------
I Andrew. Last.fm. Lee-DeWyze.net. Twitter.
IPB Image
AI: Jess. Caleb. Sam. Alex. Jena. SYTYCDA: Jay. Zoey. Sam. Eden.
+Quote Post
boogieshooz
post Jan 3rd 2012, 5:03 PM
Post #53

Fav. SYTYCDC4: Melissa Mitro
Fav. SYTYCD6: Jakob Karr
Fav. SYTYCDNL: Lorenzo Bottazzi

QUOTE(jstxanothrxstory @ Jan 3rd 2012, 4:01 PM) *

I think they could still use the current format. Have America vote and then they'll film the results the next night. Then, they'll just attach that to the start of the next show. The only thing is there'd be no audience for the results. haha.gif

Which means Nigel won't get booed nearly as much.

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCDAU#PASH
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Jan 3rd 2012, 5:23 PM
Post #54

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

lmao.gif roll.gif

Or they could do the previous week's results at the end of the next episode. They'd just have to start off with a Top 18 instead of a Top 20 (where we find out the first week's results at the end of the second week's performance episode, etc.)

This post has been edited by jstxanothrxstory: Jan 3rd 2012, 5:23 PM

--------------------
I Andrew. Last.fm. Lee-DeWyze.net. Twitter.
IPB Image
AI: Jess. Caleb. Sam. Alex. Jena. SYTYCDA: Jay. Zoey. Sam. Eden.
+Quote Post
smilesunshineex3
post Jan 3rd 2012, 7:05 PM
Post #55

Fav. SYTYCD2: Allison Holker
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman

QUOTE(jstxanothrxstory @ Jan 3rd 2012, 5:23 PM) *

lmao.gif roll.gif

Or they could do the previous week's results at the end of the next episode. They'd just have to start off with a Top 18 instead of a Top 20 (where we find out the first week's results at the end of the second week's performance episode, etc.)

Or they could sent four people home in the first elimination.

Oh wait. noexpression.gif

--------------------
i can't, no i won't hush
i'll say the words that make you
blush
+Quote Post
siliconesaline
post Jan 3rd 2012, 9:03 PM
Post #56

This worries me, only really because it shows signs that the end really is near for the show. Which shouldnt be surprising, but part of me hoped it would just last forever haha.gif sad.gif

They really just need to go back and see what made s2 and s3 so popular and try to replicate it. More interesting dancers w/ a lot of personality, more diversity, great choreographers like Mia and Wade.

--------------------
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Jan 3rd 2012, 9:55 PM
Post #57

QUOTE(siliconesaline @ Jan 3rd 2012, 9:03 PM) *

They really just need to go back and see what made s2 and s3 so popular and try to replicate it. More interesting dancers w/ a lot of personality, more diversity, great choreographers like Mia and Wade.

I'm sure they try to do this every season but it's easier said than done. Why they really need to do is convince FOX to reconsider canceling the results show so that the show isn't ruined.

--------------------
+Quote Post
istersay
post Jan 5th 2012, 2:15 AM
Post #58

Search and Destroy
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

IPB Image this is awful news

--------------------
+Quote Post
Carrie
post Jan 5th 2012, 5:22 PM
Post #59

i will be really upset if the show ends! this is my favorite summer show other than americas got talent!

--------------------
+Quote Post
cakers
post Jan 5th 2012, 6:13 PM
Post #60

Fav. SYTYCD10: Nico Greetham
Fav. SYTYCDA3: Jessie Hesketh
Fav. All-time SYTYCDer: Billy Bell

QUOTE(buffmetube @ Jan 2nd 2012, 11:39 PM) *

That said, I hope we still get to vote for the couples and then the judges decide who goes home. It's worse for the judges to decide the B3 and for us to vote for the eliminee. Trust me.

Really??? I feel like the opposite is true. Allison, Miranda, Kassy (AU), a crapton of people from CA - they pull out amazing routines and then the audience put them in the bottom. Also, inversely, Cedric - he would've gone home much earlier.

--------------------
***Officially taking requests for HD Season 9 dances! Tell me here and I'll upload them***
Official SYTYCD Season 8 Video Thread - FULL season, incl whole packages + performances
High-Definition SYTYCD8 Tour Videos - AMAZING tour, completely new and innovative
Official SYTYCD Season 7 Video Thread - FULL season, incl whole packages + performances
High-Definition SYTYCD7 Tour Videos - THE most watched YouTube vids of any SYTYCD tour!
SYTYCD9: I honestly hardly remember anyone
SYTYCD8: Miranda Maleski :'( Ricky Jaime Jess LeProtto
SYTYCD7: Billy Bell Kent Boyd Lauren Froderman
SYTYCD All-Stars: Allison Holker Kathryn McCormick Jaimie Goodwin

My deviantART: Cassidy Knight Photography instagram: cakphoto
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 18th 2014, 12:36 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol