Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

422 Pages V « < 100 101 102 103 104 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.
madamimadam
post Mar 4th 2012, 12:48 AM
Post #2021

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

QUOTE(bebeg @ Mar 3rd 2012, 7:28 PM) *

Tonight AFER is doing a live stream of the play "8". It's a play about the Proposition 8 trials with a cast of big names - Clooney, Pitt, Sheen and many more. Here's a link to the youtube channel that will air it with a little video with Rob Reiner explaining it much better than I can.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericanEqualR...s?feature=watch

I cannot begin to thank you for giving us this link! Absolutely amazing!!!!!

flowers.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 4th 2012, 12:48 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

bebeg
post Mar 4th 2012, 8:33 AM
Post #2022

Group: Members

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Mar 4th 2012, 12:48 AM) *

I cannot begin to thank you for giving us this link! Absolutely amazing!!!!!

flowers.gif

Oh, you're welcome. I actually couldn't stay awake to watch the whole thing so I'm going to try to watch it sometime this afternoon.

--------------------
IPB Image
Avi & Sig: Ashline
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Mar 4th 2012, 8:47 AM
Post #2023

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(bebeg @ Mar 4th 2012, 8:33 AM) *

Oh, you're welcome. I actually couldn't stay awake to watch the whole thing so I'm going to try to watch it sometime this afternoon.

Watched it last night !!! Very powerful !!! wub.gif However, the people who need to watch it...won't sad.gif

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Mar 4th 2012, 3:27 PM
Post #2024

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Mar 4th 2012, 8:47 AM) *

Watched it last night !!! Very powerful !!! wub.gif However, the people who need to watch it...won't sad.gif

Sad, but true. no.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Mar 5th 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #2025

I found time yesterday afternoon to watch the entire play. It was far more emotional than I expected it to be. I laughed and cried. Every actor was perfect. I love that those on that stage are, besides being some of my favorite actors, they are some of my favorite people. And, that they wanted to be a part of something so important reinforces why I admire them so much.

Those of you who haven't watched it...find the time. It's really worth it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Mar 5th 2012, 10:34 PM
Post #2026

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

QUOTE(bebeg @ Mar 5th 2012, 10:26 PM) *

I found time yesterday afternoon to watch the entire play. It was far more emotional than I expected it to be. I laughed and cried. Every actor was perfect. I love that those on that stage are, besides being some of my favorite actors, they are some of my favorite people. And, that they wanted to be a part of something so important reinforces why I admire them so much.

Those of you who haven't watched it...find the time. It's really worth it.

I've always like Martin Sheen, but that 'speech/closing argument' he gave (delivered as an actor) was worth an Oscar!!!!

Kevin Bacon was also outstanding.

Overall ALL of them were fantastic though.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Mar 6th 2012, 9:21 PM
Post #2027

Just went over to TWOP to see what was going on and Adam's thread has been closed since Feb. 26th. I read through the two or three pages prior to the thread being closed and I didn't see anything bad....maybe the moderator removed the inappropriate posts. Makes me a little p'od, because it's never Adam's fans causing the problems it's always trolls trying to start something and then Adam's thread gets shutdown and they are probably sitting behind there computers haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif . Iwonder how they would feel if we went to their Idols thread and got it shut down? End of rant huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
svca
post Mar 6th 2012, 9:25 PM
Post #2028

QUOTE(sherrie @ Mar 6th 2012, 6:21 PM) *

Just went over to TWOP to see what was going on and Adam's thread has been closed since Feb. 26th. I read through the two or three pages prior to the thread being closed and I didn't see anything bad....maybe the moderator removed the inappropriate posts. Makes me a little p'od, because it's never Adam's fans causing the problems it's always trolls trying to start something and then Adam's thread gets shutdown and they are probably sitting behind there computers haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif . Iwonder how they would feel if we went to their Idols thread and got it shut down? End of rant huggy.gif

I've noticed that, too, but I think the moderators are a little lazy over there, he probably just forgot to reopen it.

From what I can gather, the usual trolls showed up to point out what a failure Adam is, his lack of success, which was then defended by the fans over there, and it all went downhill from there.

It's a really weird site, you're only supposed to talk about Adam and his music....you can't discuss anything else. Well, it's kind of difficult to talk about the music w/o talking about charts, etc., etc.

And yes, there are a few suspects that show up just to stir the sh*t, but then I've noticed a couple of Adam fans over there that show up on Clay's thread to do the same, so.....

Oh well, we get all the best news on here anyway, so no great loss.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Mar 6th 2012, 10:17 PM
Post #2029

QUOTE(svca @ Mar 6th 2012, 9:25 PM) *

From what I can gather, the usual trolls showed up to point out what a failure Adam is, his lack of success, which was then defended by the fans over there, and it all went downhill from there.

Kinda like the usual suspects here, huh? haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ssuussaann
post Mar 7th 2012, 12:24 AM
Post #2030

I don't understand why TWoP has been shut down for so long, either. It's usually just a coupla days...maybe the mod went on holiday or something.
I don't find the site bad at all (I remember someone here dissing its negativity) You can be opinionated there and get actual constructive feedback, and sometimes they even have a scoop that hasn't been on this board yet. There's mostly positivity. Plus, it's simply another place to go for Adam. Absolutely forbidden to be 'fangirly' though, you can get yourself banned.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Mar 7th 2012, 12:30 AM
Post #2031

QUOTE(ssuussaann @ Mar 6th 2012, 10:24 PM) *

I don't understand why TWoP has been shut down for so long, either. It's usually just a coupla days...maybe the mod went on holiday or something.
I don't find the site bad at all (I remember someone here dissing its negativity) You can be opinionated there and get actual constructive feedback, and sometimes they even have a scoop that hasn't been on this board yet. There's mostly positivity. Plus, it's simply another place to go for Adam. Absolutely forbidden to be 'fangirly' though, you can get yourself banned.

I found this strange, too....it's as if the mod dropped off into no-man's land and forgot his/her way back.... grin.gif...totally bizarre.....and the infractions, in the first place, seemed so small....never post there, seems so restrictive for my taste.........

--------------------
2014 IS GONNA BE WILD
+Quote Post
DerekMcG
post Mar 7th 2012, 3:21 AM
Post #2032

QUOTE(ssuussaann @ Mar 7th 2012, 2:24 PM) *

I occasionally post on TWoP---and actually got myself suspended for a week in December for challenging a certain poster (winnbott)'s claim that Adam's sexuality had nothing to do with his career not skyrocketing in the US; rather it was his (unspecified!) "shortcomings." He/she was referring to these supposed deficiencies as if they were a fact---but I'd broken a cardinal rule by challenging a poster. On top of that, posters aren't allowed to talk about Adam's success in any shape or form (although the moderator is very inconsistent in his "policing" of that policy), so that rules out discussion on radio play (or lack of it), charts (as someone else just mentioned), speculation about his future....you name it. Nor are you allowed to compare Adam with other artists.

What that leaves to talk about I don't know. We're instructed to discuss only "Adam and his music," which sounds reasonable enough at first, but in reality restricts posters to comments about his performances and recordings. Even then, opinions aren't really welcome, since we're continually told that it's not about us; "it's about Adam." In other words, the only safe way to post there without fear of being banned or suspended is to restrict posts to statements of fact, e.g. "Today Adam sang at such-and-such radio station."

It's frustrating because there are some very good people there whom I'd love to engage with in a real discussion---but true, meaningful discussion is discouraged!

What especially bugs me is that the people whose sole purpose in participating (as one can quickly find by reading their posting history) is to bash Adam never seem to get banned. (I guess TWOP's not alone in that respect!) Instead, everyone gets punished. It's so easy for the trolls: they know that if they disrupt a thread, it'll be locked for a week or so. At least that doesn't happen here.

This post has been edited by DerekMcG: Mar 7th 2012, 3:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ssuussaann
post Mar 7th 2012, 5:38 AM
Post #2033

I post there not infrequently, and have found thatonce you know their idiocyncracies, it's easy enough to get around them and say what you want without getting banned. I do have three warnings, though!
And I don't know where people there get their info, but I have occasionally brought stuff over here, from there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Mar 7th 2012, 1:07 PM
Post #2034

Guess I'm glad that I don't post there! haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Mar 7th 2012, 8:57 PM
Post #2035

Fav. Steven Tyler

Did you guys hear Kris' The Vision Of Love???

1) Are my ears deceiving me or is that dancy pop????? haha.gif

2) I actually like it fear2.gif

This post has been edited by Silvia: Mar 7th 2012, 8:57 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Mar 7th 2012, 9:03 PM
Post #2036

QUOTE(Silvia @ Mar 7th 2012, 8:57 PM) *

Yep, I love it!! I was just listening to it again during the commercials of Idol. If the songs he performed at The Mint several weeks ago are included on his album I think I'm going to really like the album.

I'm so excited for the next few months - new albums from two of my favorite people!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Mar 7th 2012, 9:13 PM
Post #2037

QUOTE(Silvia @ Mar 7th 2012, 5:57 PM) *

I like it too, should I be skerred! Good for Kris maybe a collab sometime in the far future. haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Mar 7th 2012, 9:20 PM
Post #2038

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Mar 7th 2012, 9:13 PM) *

I like it too, should I be skerred! Good for Kris maybe a collab sometime in the far future. haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

Isn't it hilarious how Adam has been doing so much acoustic stuff in the past 1.5 years and now Kris is doing dancy pop???? haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Mar 7th 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #2039

QUOTE(Silvia @ Mar 7th 2012, 8:57 PM) *

I heard it! Is that the real version, though, or is that a dance remix? I thought I had heard that the original version was more like his singer/songwriter vibe.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Mar 7th 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #2040

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Mar 7th 2012, 10:03 PM) *

I heard it! Is that the real version, though, or is that a dance remix? I thought I had heard that the original version was more like his singer/songwriter vibe.

Guess that depends on what you've heard. There was a remix version but yesterday they released the radio/single version.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

422 Pages V « < 100 101 102 103 104 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 25th 2014, 1:25 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol