Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Interview with AmericanIdol.com
jstxanothrxstory
post Apr 4th 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

Last month, Season 4’s Anthony Fedorov was in Tokyo, Japan starring as Joseph in Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Unfortunately, he was there when the devastating earthquake rocked the nation. In this exclusive interview, Anthony had only great things to say about Japan and its people.

Now that Anthony is back in the United States and better rested, he has reflected back on his time in Japan. “I’ve been able to put everything into perspective,” Anthony said. “You see how small you actually are against Mother Nature. It was a pretty crazy experience to go through. It was my first earthquake. When we felt it we were in the theater watching a matinee of the Japanese production of Beauty and the Beast. The audience began to chatter amongst themselves, and the Japanese are so polite and respectful during performances so we knew something was wrong. We were sitting right under the balcony—I was with two of my cast mates—and during “Be Our Guest” the theater started to shake. It was pretty nerve-wracking. We went outside and waited for 20 minutes but there were aftershocks which prevented the show from continuing. We then found out our show was canceled for the evening, and eventually it was cancelled going forward. There was damage to the roof of our theater and it was unsafe for the audience. This was the first performance of Joseph in Tokyo, so it was a bit of a historical run, although it turned out to be a short run. The show was in English but there were Japanese subtitles and the audiences were really receptive and enjoyed it very much.”

Anthony loved the Japanese culture and community. “I was there for three weeks, and Japan was always a place I wanted to visit. The Japanese culture blew me away. I learned that there’s a place where kindness, respect, and courtesy still exist to foreigners and to each other. The subways are the cleanest—probably cleaner than my living room or your living room. No matter who it is—a police officer, clerk—everyone does their job with dignity. During and after the earthquake, no one was complaining and there was no sense of panic. They’ll get through this. It was a dream of mine to go there and it was everything I expected and more. It’s just an incredible place!”

How is Anthony’s EP, Never Over, coming along? “The EP is great. We’re mixing it right now,” shared Anthony. “We’re finalizing it next week and I’m really excited about the job the producers have done. I don’t think people will expect this from me. It’s pop-rock and my voice has matured since my time on American Idol. I was 19 then and now I’m almost 26. Time flies!”

To chat about his experience in Japan, his EP, and life in general, Anthony has set up live chats. “I will be doing them on a constant basis. It’s a great way to get in touch with the fans and a way to get new fans. People have been sending in a lot of questions. It’s been a lot of fun and the fans are enjoying it too.” Both Anthony and American Idol will update you before each live chat via Twitter. You can follow Anthony @AnthonyFedorov and American Idol @AmericanIdol.

What else is going on with the New York resident? “I want to come out to Los Angeles for the American Idol finale. One of the reasons I haven’t been able to attend in the past is because I’ve been focused on my music. I’m also getting ready to launch my official website, AnthonyFedorov.com, by the end of April. And for the second year in a row, I will star in Cinderella in Nashville for Steven Curtis Chapman’s Show Hope Foundation. I had so much fun doing it last year, and I’ll be back as Prince Christopher. It’s one-night-only at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center on April 15th.”

Anthony ended our interview with a special message to the Japanese audience: “On behalf of the Joseph cast, I want to thank everyone—from promoters to the audience. This was a life-changing experience. Everyone was so gracious and so kind. Thanks for taking care of us and showing us human kindness and attention. We are all praying and keeping everyone in our thoughts.”

If you would like to contribute, Anthony encourages you to donate to the Red Cross for Japan Relief. Anthony stated, “Please donate whatever you can. They need it, and they are incredible people.”

View photos of Anthony in Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

--------------------
I Andrew. » Last.fm. Lee-DeWyze.net. Twitter.
IPB Image IPB Image
AI13: Jessica. Caleb. Sam. Jena. Alex. » SYTYCDA4: Jay. Zoey. Sam. Eden. Michael. » TV6: Clarissa. Jake. Kat.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 4th 2011, 11:30 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 7:08 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol