Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

163 Pages V « < 153 154 155 156 157 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Interviews and articles, Casey Related
ellen49
post Feb 15th 2012, 4:33 PM
Post #3081

Group: Members

QUOTE(Boudica @ Feb 15th 2012, 11:25 AM) *

Yep this is so true!

I dont really care about the personalities of the people I support or I usually like people with perhaps more complex personalities then Casey, but I mostly just care about their talent. But really Casey is just such a nice guy you cant help liking his personalty as well sometimes. wub.gif

I am really excited to see Casey get back to grassroots for his tour, I think that would be just about perfect! You can tell his got something to prove and he wants go out there and do so, he is a hard worker.

He understands how the business works,in the other thread I posted about all his events this month and next , it's all radio -sponsored and some of them might be in bars or saloon, but he does not care,it's puting his music out there that counts.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 15th 2012, 4:33 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

ATXfansy
post Feb 15th 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #3082

It’s meant to be an album you listen to from beginning to end. I can’t pick a favorite because they all complement each other. If you see the big picture, the small picture makes more sense. I really want people to listen to the record as a whole. And I feel like if somebody scanned through and listened to bits and pieces, they will love my record; I know I do.”

This sort of blows my mind. Sounds like he's basically saying he's done a concept album on his debut album. That's probably not the case; probably that it's more stylistically paced to be listened to from start to finish. That's very exciting to me. I totally love the statement: "If you see the big picture, the small picture makes more sense." That's SO Casey, the Zen Cowboy of Cool!

Does Casey have plans to tour? “Absolutely. I just met with the agents the other day and I told them I want to hit every small venue. I want to go to every place that I can get into and just play as much as possible and do like a grassroots-type operation where you’re building it from the ground up. You’re making fans in every city across the U.S. Almost approach it like I don’t have a record deal; approach it almost like how I was doing it before American Idol. But yet you have all the added benefits of having an amazing team around you and your songs are on the radio, are on the TV, yet you’re doing this in the most real way possible and proving yourself to people. And I feel like I need to go about it that way and I’m more than happy to prove it to people.”

He is crazy like a fox! Dude is flat-ass going after those 4hr shows! You can bet he'll do the full-on Casey James in those kinds of venues and not just his commercial Country album. I don't know if a lot of Country artists do it this way. Probably not; think it is more typical that debuting artists opt to open for headlining acts and hope to build their fan base by association and on other, bigger acts coattails until they're successful enough to be able to headline their own tour.

The guy is just a monster about all this. He better round-up reserves for his road band because it sounds like hes gonna wear 'em out. haha.gif thumbsup.gif cool.gif

This post has been edited by ATXfansy: Feb 15th 2012, 10:38 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
"If you see the big picture, the small picture makes more sense."
+Quote Post
ellen49
post Feb 16th 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #3083

QUOTE(ATXfansy @ Feb 15th 2012, 10:41 PM) *

This sort of blows my mind. Sounds like he's basically saying he's done a concept album on his debut album. That's probably not the case; probably that it's more stylistically paced to be listened to from start to finish. That's very exciting to me. I totally love the statement: "If you see the big picture, the small picture makes more sense." That's SO Casey, the Zen Cowboy of Cool!
He is crazy like a fox! Dude is flat-ass going after those 4hr shows! You can bet he'll do the full-on Casey James in those kinds of venues and not just his commercial Country album. I don't know if a lot of Country artists do it this way. Probably not; think it is more typical that debuting artists opt to open for headlining acts and hope to build their fan base by association and on other, bigger acts coattails until they're successful enough to be able to headline their own tour.

The guy is just a monster about all this. He better round-up reserves for his road band because it sounds like hes gonna wear 'em out. haha.gif thumbsup.gif cool.gif

You totally made sense with what Casey would like to do .It would be scary for some to go out there and do gigs which he is wanting to do. Usually new artists do the opening acts for the headliner, maybe one reason is the risk in investing on a your own tour.I'm not sure record companies are willing to do that if the artist is not oroven to pull in fans. I guess you need to start in small venues and work your way to a bigger arena.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Feb 16th 2012, 9:20 AM
Post #3084

I think Casey is going to mix up the concerts, the other day he said something about opening for someone. I could see him opening for others here and there, a few festivals, more and more radio promo and then also small intimate settings. But the big concerts is mostly for a month or two in summer, there is still a lot of time and touring for Casey to do besides that.

But he is properly going wear-out his touring band. Blaine's father were already posting cornered messages for his son's welfare on facebook this week. haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
willow23
post Feb 16th 2012, 9:54 AM
Post #3085

Fav. AI9: Casey James

QUOTE(Boudica @ Feb 16th 2012, 8:20 AM) *

I think Casey is going to mix up the concerts, the other day he said something about opening for someone. I could see him opening for others here and there, a few festivals, more and more radio promo and then also small intimate settings. But the big concerts is mostly for a month or two in summer, there is still a lot of time and touring for Casey to do besides that.

But he is properly going wear-out his touring band. Blaine's father were already posting cornered messages for his son's welfare on facebook this week. haha.gif

I think they better all start taking vitamins for energy to keep up! yes.gif original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ellen49
post Feb 16th 2012, 9:58 AM
Post #3086

QUOTE(Boudica @ Feb 16th 2012, 9:20 AM) *

Uh-oh, Papa Blaine is worried for his son. original.gif original.gif heart.gif heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Feb 20th 2012, 8:18 AM
Post #3087

10) Middle C, “Closer”
Eventual third-place finisher Casey James, semifinalist Janell Wheeler, and Jermaine Purifoy skipped the fancy footwork and simply delivered a sublime rendition of Ne-Yo’s “Closer.” Lesson to future Idol wannabes: It’s a lot easier to find perfect harmony when you avoid unneccessary drama. Watch Middle C here.

http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/american-ido...k-performances/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Feb 23rd 2012, 7:48 AM
Post #3088

interview with Nashville Country Club :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hu9_-rgNKk...player_embedded[/quote]

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
willow23
post Feb 23rd 2012, 9:19 AM
Post #3089

QUOTE(Boudica @ Feb 23rd 2012, 6:48 AM) *

interview with Nashville Country Club :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hu9_-rgNKk...player_embedded

Great interview! That was funny when he said he checks the blog to see his schedule! grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ATXfansy
post Feb 23rd 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #3090

w00t.gif w00t.gif Goin' out "full band" starting next week! That makes sense; they gotta gel together in advance of the release. Know they've been rehearsing but they gotta get out there live in order to really settle into a sound. Yes, it was cute how he recognized his award-winning blog and fans. Good guy. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
"If you see the big picture, the small picture makes more sense."
+Quote Post
ellen49
post Feb 23rd 2012, 6:14 PM
Post #3091

grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif

That was fun interview, I love the way he answered the choice song question, the album is like Caseys' baby, he dreamt about making it, nurtured it until it became a reality. I'm so proud of him. I'm getting mushy here but I don't care, I just happy he is out there playing his OWN music. heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

This post has been edited by ellen49: Feb 23rd 2012, 6:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Feb 24th 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #3092

Casey James, “Let’s Don’t Call It A Night”

Many of you may remember Casey James from the ninth season of the smash hit television series, American Idol. On the show, he was often seen as one of the most soulful contestants who possessed significant guitar skills; thus, he created an artistic style that mixed blues with a hint of southern-rock. After his departure from the show, it was pretty clear that the blonde heartthrob would be a perfect fit for country music. However, is his debut single a good representation of why he’s the perfect fit for country radio?

“Let’s Don’t Call It a Night” is definitely a solid representation of just who Casey James is as an artist. The single’s production is a fantastic blend of blues, country, and a hint of southern rock that creates a rather sexy and sultry mood. It’s no wonder this song is causing women around the country to be weakened in the knees whenever this song is played on the radio. The sultry electric guitar and the sexy sound of the steel guitar creates a rather risque backdrop to James’ equally seducing vocal performance.

It’s a rarity in country music that you find a vocalist that has the ability to hook you in with the opening line of a song and then keep that interest to the very last note. Casey possesses that talent. From the opening line, “love the way you look in that dress…,” to the very end of the song, James seemingly seduces you into believing he is singing only to you (a quality each and every country-lovin’ woman is absolutely in love with) which makes it difficult to stop listening to. In a way, it’s almost hypnotizing.

The lyrics, written by James, Brice Long, and Terry McBride, aren’t the best to come out of Nashville. But they accomplish the goal of every song, which is to hook listeners in and make them continue to listen throughout the song. Fans, especially women, love when they hear a rather sexy, sultry song sung by a rather good-looking man, and this is definitely going to be no exception.

Overall, this is a solid and strong debut single from an artist who has potential to become country’s newest superstar.

http://allthingscountrymusic.com/2012/02/2...all-it-a-night/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Feb 24th 2012, 4:22 PM
Post #3093

MDA USA ‏ @MDAnews
Check out fmr #AmericanIdol contestant @CaseyEJames w/Abbey @CRSofficial ow.ly/i/tzGJ #makeamuscle #CRS2012 #MDACRS

http://ow.ly/i/tzGJ/original

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Feb 24th 2012, 6:25 PM
Post #3094

Chevrolet Top 20 @ChevroletTop20 :
One flosses and the other doesn't @CaseyEJames
IPB Image

@ChevroletTop20:
Catch Paul's interview with the talented @CaseyEJames in a few weeks!
IPB Image

This is for CMT Canada. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
willow23
post Feb 25th 2012, 9:52 AM
Post #3095

QUOTE(Boudica @ Feb 24th 2012, 5:25 PM) *

Chevrolet Top 20 @ChevroletTop20 :
One flosses and the other doesn't @CaseyEJames
IPB Image
@ChevroletTop20:
Catch Paul's interview with the talented @CaseyEJames in a few weeks!
IPB Image

This is for CMT Canada. original.gif

Cool! Canada is a great market to be a part of! yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Feb 27th 2012, 4:05 PM
Post #3096

Casey James New Single – Let’s Don’t Call It A Night

Texas native Casey James is scheduled to finally release his first studio recordings this March. The self named album “Casey James” will show off the singing and guitar talents of the American Idol third place finisher. Now that he is in the record industry machine Sony Music, Casey should really have a chance to show his skills.

Country music has changed from the days of Merle Haggard and Buck Owens. Today’s country embraces some of the characteristics of pap, rock and even soul. Some artists have not managed to incorporate these characteristics and maintain the heart of country. The Casey James new single – Let’s Don’t Call It a Night is one of those songs that are successful in creating the new country sound.

The songs lyrics and delivery are unmistakably country. Country music tells a story. Let’s Don’t Call It a Night tells a story everyone has lived. Whether you have loved someone from a far or been with the one you love. Everyone at one time or another has had the thought, not to call it a night. The hook line of the song and Casey’s delivery opens the song to all its listeners. This one of the reasons it is in the Top 20 Country Songs Chart.

The honesty of the lyrics and simple chorus allows its listeners to create their story inside the framework of the songs. The honesty of his voice is remarkably country. The Casey James new Single – Let’s Don’t Call It A Night is free of over the top twang and clichés. It is a country song that declares itself country honestly.

There are a number of flavors that makes up this song musically. You can taste most of the American pop music flavors but the dish is all country cooking. The overdriven guitar, simple chords are all pop. The steel guitar that is woven through the song is all country. The song never leaves it country origins but its flavors are fresh and keep it new.

The Casey James new single – Let’s Don’t Call It a Night is a wonderfully fun and honest song. It is all that is good about new country. Give it a listen and you will enjoy it.

http://www.topcountrysongs.net/news/casey-...all-it-a-night/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
willow23
post Feb 27th 2012, 5:27 PM
Post #3097

QUOTE(Boudica @ Feb 27th 2012, 3:05 PM) *

Casey James New Single – Let’s Don’t Call It A Night

Texas native Casey James is scheduled to finally release his first studio recordings this March. The self named album “Casey James” will show off the singing and guitar talents of the American Idol third place finisher. Now that he is in the record industry machine Sony Music, Casey should really have a chance to show his skills.

Country music has changed from the days of Merle Haggard and Buck Owens. Today’s country embraces some of the characteristics of pap, rock and even soul. Some artists have not managed to incorporate these characteristics and maintain the heart of country. The Casey James new single – Let’s Don’t Call It a Night is one of those songs that are successful in creating the new country sound.

The songs lyrics and delivery are unmistakably country. Country music tells a story. Let’s Don’t Call It a Night tells a story everyone has lived. Whether you have loved someone from a far or been with the one you love. Everyone at one time or another has had the thought, not to call it a night. The hook line of the song and Casey’s delivery opens the song to all its listeners. This one of the reasons it is in the Top 20 Country Songs Chart.
The honesty of the lyrics and simple chorus allows its listeners to create their story inside the framework of the songs. The honesty of his voice is remarkably country. The Casey James new Single – Let’s Don’t Call It A Night is free of over the top twang and clichés. It is a country song that declares itself country honestly.

There are a number of flavors that makes up this song musically. You can taste most of the American pop music flavors but the dish is all country cooking. The overdriven guitar, simple chords are all pop. The steel guitar that is woven through the song is all country. The song never leaves it country origins but its flavors are fresh and keep it new.

The Casey James new single – Let’s Don’t Call It a Night is a wonderfully fun and honest song. It is all that is good about new country. Give it a listen and you will enjoy it.

http://www.topcountrysongs.net/news/casey-...all-it-a-night/

This is why I like Casey's music so much, even though I have never been a big country music fan! yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ellen49
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:17 PM
Post #3098

QUOTE(willow23 @ Feb 27th 2012, 5:27 PM) *

This is why I like Casey's music so much, even though I have never been a big country music fan! yes.gif

I grew up with country music but as I got older, I expanded my taste in music, now I love them all,rock,RnB, soul,classical and hiphop and pop. I was crazy about Casey during the show because of his hair , I have a hair fetish, then he played the guitar and I went bananas, big time. Bad-ass guitar player and coolest hair.... I was in love. I cooled off a bit as my husband was getting umm jealous haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif But now that I found IDF, I can read updates and his music,especially.

--------------------
+Quote Post
willow23
post Feb 28th 2012, 2:15 PM
Post #3099

QUOTE(ellen49 @ Feb 27th 2012, 5:17 PM) *

I grew up with country music but as I got older, I expanded my taste in music, now I love them all,rock,RnB, soul,classical and hiphop and pop. I was crazy about Casey during the show because of his hair , I have a hair fetish, then he played the guitar and I went bananas, big time. Bad-ass guitar player and coolest hair.... I was in love. I cooled off a bit as my husband was getting umm jealous haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif But now that I found IDF, I can read updates and his music,especially.

It makes it more interesting to like all different types of music! My least favorite is probably hiphop.

I know how husbands can be about stuff like that too and have to keep my fan fascination kind of undercover a lot. fear.gif Glad you found a place to keep up on the news about Casey! original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Mar 3rd 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #3100

11 New Artists in Country Music

Casey James

Casey James didn't even know what American Idol was when he decided to audition for the hit talent show. Luckily, that didn't stop him from placing third on the program's ninth season. A talented guitar player with Texas roots (not to mention a great head of hair), James mixes soul and blues into his country stew, especially on his steamy "Let's Don't Call It a Night." The track is climbing toward the Top 10 on the country songs chart right now, and his debut album is scheduled to be released later this month.

http://www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1680...try-music.jhtml

This post has been edited by Boudica: Mar 3rd 2012, 12:16 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

163 Pages V « < 153 154 155 156 157 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 30th 2014, 11:01 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol