Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guy Sebastian to Tour UK in July 2011
Prinia
post Apr 7th 2011, 1:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/164725/9

He's doing a series of 02 Academy venues, from 10th to 15th July, around the country.

[img]
http://www.stereoboard.com/images/stories/...y_sebastian.jpg[/img]

Australian pop, R&B, and soul singer-songwriter Guy Sebastian, the first winner of Australian Idol in 2003, has announced a UK tour for July 2011.

In 2010 Guy Sebastian was selected to be a judge on the Australian series of The X-Factor. Having released six top 10 albums, five of which have reached the top 4 of the ARIA Album Chart, including a No.1 and 2, all of Sebastian's albums have reached either platinum or multi platinum accreditation.

Sebastian is the only Australian male artist in Australian music history to achieve five No. 1 singles, and is equal third overall for all Australian acts. With 25 platinum and 2 gold accreditations and over 1.9 million CD sales in Australia, he has the highest accreditations and sales of any Australian Idol contestant. Sebastian has also reached the top ten on the New Zealand Charts with an album and four singles including two No. 1's, and has four platinum and one gold accreditation there.

Currently on tour in his homeland with R&B legend Lionel Richie, Guy Sebastian will touch-down on UK soil this summer for a five-date tour in July.

10th July - O2 Academy, Leeds
11th July - O2 ABC, Glasgow
13th July - O2 Academy, Bristol
14th July - O2 Academy, Bournemouth
15th July - O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, London

Guy Sebastian Tickets are on sale from 9am on Friday 6th April.

Wednesday, 06 April 2011 Written by Jon Stickler

Australian pop, R&B, and soul singer-songwriter Guy Sebastian, the first winner of Australian Idol in 2003, has announced a UK tour for July 2011.

In 2010 Guy Sebastian was selected to be a judge on the Australian series of The X-Factor. Having released six top 10 albums, five of which have reached the top 4 of the ARIA Album Chart, including a No.1 and 2, all of Sebastian's albums have reached either platinum or multi platinum accreditation.

Sebastian is the only Australian male artist in Australian music history to achieve five No. 1 singles, and is equal third overall for all Australian acts. With 25 platinum and 2 gold accreditations and over 1.9 million CD sales in Australia, he has the highest accreditations and sales of any Australian Idol contestant. Sebastian has also reached the top ten on the New Zealand Charts with an album and four singles including two No. 1's, and has four platinum and one gold accreditation there.

Currently on tour in his homeland with R&B legend Lionel Richie, Guy Sebastian will touch-down on UK soil this summer for a five-date tour in July.

10th July - O2 Academy, Leeds
11th July - O2 ABC, Glasgow
13th July - O2 Academy, Bristol
14th July - O2 Academy, Bournemouth
15th July - O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, London

Guy Sebastian Tickets are on sale from 9am on Friday 6th April. Click Here to Compare & Buy Guy Sebastian Tickets

Email Print Tweet This Share MySpace More
Get the latest music and tour news direct to you! Follow our updates on twitter.com/stereoboard and join ~7000 fans on our Facebook page at facebook.com/stereoboard. Join in the discussion, please leave your thoughts on this story in the comments box below!

Related Guy Sebastian News & Reviews:

Sorry, there are no related Guy Sebastian news & reviews available to display currently.

Guy Sebastian Tour Dates & Tickets

Sunday
10th July 2011 Guy Sebastian Tickets
O2 Academy Leeds - Leeds, United Kingdom from
£15.00 Buy Tickets

Monday
11th July 2011 Guy Sebastian Tickets
O2 ABC Glasgow - Glasgow, United Kingdom from
£15.00 Buy Tickets

Wednesday
13th July 2011 Guy Sebastian Tickets
O2 Academy Bristol - Bristol, United Kingdom from
£15.00 Buy Tickets

Thursday
14th July 2011 Guy Sebastian Tickets
O2 Academy Bournemouth - Bournemouth, United Kingdom from
£15.00 Buy Tickets

Friday
15th July 2011 Guy Sebastian Tickets
O2 Shepherds Bush Empire - London, United Kingdom

--------------------------------------------
Another fantastic review

Lionel Richie - Sydney 22nd March 2011.

Wednesday, 23 March 2011 10:52
Rob Manser

Heading out to the Acer Arena is always a pain in the rear - it always stuns me that Cityrail can never get their act together for major events, so arriving part way into Guy Sebastian's set, along with a huge proportion of the rest of the crowd, it was frustrating to say the least. Kicking off Lionel's show, Guy really was in fine form. From his hit chart toppers, through to new material, i really cant fault Guy's performance - really he is a headline act for that size of venue on his own, but who could pass up an opportunity to appear along side Lionel Richie - especially when its no secret that Guy is a huge fan himself, and the influence is obvious.The crowd for Lionel's Sydney date was more eclectic than i expected, with a wide variety of different punters in the crowd, from scene stealing bleach blonde dancers up front, to air guitar playing "tradies", it was a sight to behold.

Seeing an icon like Lionel take to the stage was an experience unto itself, a consummate showman, he delivered not only hit after hit - but engaged with the audience on a level unlike many of his peers. He really made you feel like you were sitting in a small showroom for a VIP experience, rather than an arena.

Hits from the Commodores years right through to his solo material, Lionel sweated out every single last drop of talent onto that stage and into the waiting arms of his adoring fans.

I lovely moment ensued when Lionel asked the Sydney crowd to participate in filming a song for Jackie Chan's "Japan" disaster initiative… we wonder where that going to show up - but an arena full of Aussies sending some love to another country was a real tear jerker of a moment.

Lionel embodies all that is great about longevity in the music business - a diverse track listing - everything from ballads to 70's disco, he has done it all, and showed in this production that he can connect with the audience no matter the material.

For me, it was great to see his body of work from Lionel's perspective… and throughout a show that had a few technical issues, he and his band just rose above it all, so the average punter wouldn't have recognised any issues (apart from Lionel himself calling out his issues with his in ears… which just added to the jovial and fun nature of the show.)

Lionel Richie is a legend, and a down right consummate performer. This tour is well worth seeing, and with Guy Sebastian thrown in - its like getting two headliners for the price. Well worth checking it out as they head around the country.

http://www.poprepublic.tv/reviews/live-a-e...22nd-march-2011

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 7th 2011, 1:59 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

starman
post Apr 7th 2011, 6:14 PM
Post #2

YAY...noticed a lot of excited UK fans

So cool...I hope Guy will get to go back and do a full on tour of Europe yes.gif yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
beejyboo
post Apr 7th 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI10: James Durbin
Fav. AI7 - Davids x 3

awesome thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SpikeUK
post Apr 21st 2011, 8:00 PM
Post #4

I'm really sad - I got a cancellation notice for the London show this afternoon.

I hope there is a reschedule

--------------------
+Quote Post
starman
post Apr 21st 2011, 9:22 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(SpikeUK @ Apr 21st 2011, 8:00 PM) *

I'm really sad - I got a cancellation notice for the London show this afternoon.

I hope there is a reschedule

Oh...that is not good..so sorry for the UK fans huggy.gif
I hope it is re-scheduled...he is definitely worth seeing in concert thumbsup.gif

Guy tweeted that he was not aware of the cancellation
so he is going to let everyone know soon

--------------------
+Quote Post
SpikeUK
post Apr 22nd 2011, 10:23 AM
Post #6

Thanks Starman.

I had a quick look last night and all the UK shows say "event cancelled". I do hope he can come over though, I really want to see him.

QUOTE(starman @ Apr 22nd 2011, 3:22 AM) *

Oh...that is not good..so sorry for the UK fans huggy.gif
I hope it is re-scheduled...he is definitely worth seeing in concert thumbsup.gif

Guy tweeted that he was not aware of the cancellation
so he is going to let everyone know soon

--------------------
+Quote Post
Nessa_sary1
post Apr 22nd 2011, 7:05 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(SpikeUK @ Apr 22nd 2011, 10:23 AM) *

Thanks Starman.

I had a quick look last night and all the UK shows say "event cancelled". I do hope he can come over though, I really want to see him.

I'm sure he'll get there, Spike. There's probably just been a reshuffle. I think those big blocks of X-Factor would be hard to get everything to fit around - but Guy loves doing the show. I especially felt bad reading of fans who'd arranged to go from France. I was wondering whether the promoters had chosen venues that were too big, but noticed one of online ticketing sites was showing some of the venues as having 'limited tickets available' already.

Anyway, if the difficulty was scheduling difficulties, we might not hear much about it seeing it was cancelled so soon after bookings opened.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SpikeUK
post Apr 24th 2011, 5:11 PM
Post #8

I really hope he gets here, I'll keep checking back here and also in my TNT Magazine which is where I saw the ad original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Merrill
post Apr 28th 2011, 12:43 PM
Post #9

Fav. AI11: Joshua Ledet
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze
Fav. Artist: Guy Sebastian

He seemed so sad when he tweeted the tour was cancelled sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Credit to leevic
+Quote Post
Prinia
post May 1st 2011, 3:44 AM
Post #10

yep postponed by whatever, outside Guy's control. He'd worked so hard (I think I worked out once, about 48 hours off straight within 3 months) to get everything ready for this.

Never mind - heartbreaking as it is (I know of many who were actually going to travel from Europe for a show) it WILL happen.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 16th 2014, 8:22 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol