Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

6 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For all the new(ish) Adam fans - Please tell us your story!, How did Adam affect/change your life?
classexa
post Jan 18th 2012, 1:03 PM
Post #81

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

Thanks Silvia original.gif

So uhm.. I'm Nick from Sweden and I'm kinda ashamed of how I discovered Adam grin.gif I actually watched Season 8 the first time because of Danny ermm.gif since I thought his audition was really good but ended up kinda disappointed as the season went along. What's more wack is that I didn't notice Adam at all during the first time(how I managed that I don't know) no.gif

About 2 years later I turned on a music channel over here and they played the IIHY video and I thought this is some good ish, I should look him up. So I googled him and noticed he was on AI Season 8. I decided to download the entire season all over again and this time I was paying attention to the right guy bleh.gif After his Satisfaction performance I was completely sold on this beast of a guy. I could really enjoy that season because I knew how it all turned out in the end. Just watching this guy hit it out of the ballpark every week cool.gif

That's my short story grin.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 18th 2012, 1:03 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Silvia
post Jan 18th 2012, 1:09 PM
Post #82

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(classexa @ Jan 18th 2012, 1:03 PM) *

So uhm.. I'm Nick from Sweden and I'm kinda ashamed of how I discovered Adam grin.gif I actually watched Season 8 the first time because of Danny ermm.gif since I thought his audition was really good but ended up kinda disappointed as the season went along. What's more wack is that I didn't notice Adam at all during the first time(how I managed that I don't know) no.gif

About 2 years later I turned on a music channel over here and they played the IIHY video and I thought this is some good ish, I should look him up. So I googled him and noticed he was on AI Season 8. I decided to download the entire season all over again and this time I was paying attention to the right guy bleh.gif After his Satisfaction performance I was completely sold on this beast of a guy. I could really enjoy that season because I knew how it all turned out in the end. Just watching this guy hit it out of the ballpark every week cool.gif

LOL, I noticed Adam the first time he opened his mouth to sing in the SF auditions. I'm ashamed to say Gokey was my 2ed favorite going into the show fear2.gif fear2.gif fear2.gif

Did you like Adam's RoF?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
classexa
post Jan 18th 2012, 1:14 PM
Post #83

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jan 18th 2012, 1:09 PM) *

LOL, I noticed Adam the first time he opened his mouth to sing in the SF auditions. I'm ashamed to say Gokey was my 2ed favorite going into the show fear2.gif fear2.gif fear2.gif

Did you like Adam's RoF?

I thought it was alright. Don't love it, don't hate it. Probably my least favorite of his performances though

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jan 18th 2012, 1:18 PM
Post #84

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(classexa @ Jan 18th 2012, 1:14 PM) *

I thought it was alright. Don't love it, don't hate it. Probably my least favorite of his performances though

fear2.gif

That performance made me the crazy Adam fan I've been ever since.

Men don't like that performance haha.gif

This post has been edited by Silvia: Jan 18th 2012, 1:19 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
classexa
post Jan 18th 2012, 1:20 PM
Post #85

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jan 18th 2012, 1:18 PM) *

fear2.gif

That performance made me the crazy Adam fan I've been ever since.

Men don't like that performance haha.gif

Sorry tongue.gif

My favorite performance gotta be BTBW devil.gif

This post has been edited by classexa: Jan 18th 2012, 1:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
KarDa
post Jan 18th 2012, 2:01 PM
Post #86

Should I, shouldn't I, should I... Oh, what the heck, let's finally stop lurking. I've been reading the posts on this forum daily (if not hourly) for about a year, so... whistling.gif Here goes:

I follow the showbiz news somewhat actively and had heard of Adam Lambert, too. I didn't watch AI, but remember him being the runner up of some season. Anyway, one morning I was driving to work with my husband and they played WWFM on the radio. My husband turned the volume up and asked "who's this?", trusting I would know the artist, like I usually do. I told him "I think it's Adam Lambert" and I thought I should look him up and hear what the other songs sound like. Before I did that I heard Aftermath on the radio. A major wake up call for me! Whaaaaat, listen to those vocals, are they for real??!! w00t.gif By that time I had gotten so fed up with all of these autotuned and lip-syncing artists on the charts that I had my doubts.

During the time I didn't actively look Adam up I had realized that he has quite a strong fan base in my native Finland. Apparently a lot of people had watched his performances on AI. I was still very surprised to hear that he was coming to Finland for a gig. And then, there suddenly were rumors Adam had a fling with a certain Finnish guy, called Sauli. I didn't think much of it at first, but then I saw the pictures of Adam and Sauli together in LA and the look on Adam's face when he was looking at Sauli... and I realized it was for real. I got totally hooked on their love story and it also made me more interested in "Adam the Artist", too.

I think it must have been the WWFM live performance on Ellen, after his Grammy nomination, that made me look up all of Adam's American Idol performances on Youtube, you know, to be absolutely sure that the guy can really sing as well as it seems. And boy oh boy, could he ever! A Whole Lotta Love sealed the deal for me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, his voice is absolutely phenomenal! I bought his album, been watching videos on Youtube over and over again - and have completely fallen in love with his voice and charisma.

So, that's my story, so far. I've set my camp here firmly and have no plans to leave. heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jan 18th 2012, 2:31 PM
Post #87

Fav. Steven Tyler

KarDa welcome flowers.gif Nice story grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fangurl1964
post Jan 18th 2012, 10:53 PM
Post #88

QUOTE(KarDa @ Jan 18th 2012, 2:01 PM) *
Should I, shouldn't I, should I... Oh, what the heck, let's finally stop lurking. I've been reading the posts on this forum daily (if not hourly) for about a year, so... whistling.gif Here goes:

I follow the showbiz news somewhat actively and had heard of Adam Lambert, too. I didn't watch AI, but remember him being the runner up of some season. Anyway, one morning I was driving to work with my husband and they played WWFM on the radio. My husband turned the volume up and asked "who's this?", trusting I would know the artist, like I usually do. I told him "I think it's Adam Lambert" and I thought I should look him up and hear what the other songs sound like. Before I did that I heard Aftermath on the radio. A major wake up call for me! Whaaaaat, listen to those vocals, are they for real??!! w00t.gif By that time I had gotten so fed up with all of these autotuned and lip-syncing artists on the charts that I had my doubts.

During the time I didn't actively look Adam up I had realized that he has quite a strong fan base in my native Finland. Apparently a lot of people had watched his performances on AI. I was still very surprised to hear that he was coming to Finland for a gig. And then, there suddenly were rumors Adam had a fling with a certain Finnish guy, called Sauli. I didn't think much of it at first, but then I saw the pictures of Adam and Sauli together in LA and the look on Adam's face when he was looking at Sauli... and I realized it was for real. I got totally hooked on their love story and it also made me more interested in "Adam the Artist", too.

I think it must have been the WWFM live performance on Ellen, after his Grammy nomination, that made me look up all of Adam's American Idol performances on Youtube, you know, to be absolutely sure that the guy can really sing as well as it seems. And boy oh boy, could he ever! A Whole Lotta Love sealed the deal for me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, his voice is absolutely phenomenal! I bought his album, been watching videos on Youtube over and over again - and have completely fallen in love with his voice and charisma.

So, that's my story, so far. I've set my camp here firmly and have no plans to leave. heart.gif

I like this story too. I am like Silvia in that I fell in love with Adam the second I heard him sing. DAMN. Sometimes real life gets in the way, and I fall out of what is going on with Adam a little bit. Then I will go listen to something of Adam's (or his album) and it's like WHAM! it just hits me all over again. His voice is so amazing. I cannot comprehend how anyone can assert that he can't sing. His glamnation tour was amazing to see in person. I was so blown away - I will never forget hearing him sing Soaked in person - now there is a song that showcases those vocals. DAMN again haha.gif

--------------------
Lambskank #541

~ Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

+Quote Post
svca
post Jan 18th 2012, 11:20 PM
Post #89

Welcome to all the new people bye1.gif bye1.gif

It's so exciting to see new faces in here!!!

Been listening to Adam for going on 3 years now and am more in love than ever. His voice soothes me like no other.

Stick around....this is a great group of people on this forum and we all adore Adam wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
aviddem
post Jan 19th 2012, 9:40 PM
Post #90

Fav. Idol: ADAM F. LAMBERT

QUOTE(classexa @ Jan 18th 2012, 1:20 PM) *

Sorry tongue.gif

My favorite performance gotta be BTBW devil.gif
Mine too!!! thumbup.gif Blew me away, I actually fell off the sofa!

--------------------
+Quote Post
adamazing
post Jan 19th 2012, 9:49 PM
Post #91

QUOTE(classexa @ Jan 18th 2012, 12:03 PM) *

Welcome Nick - loved your story!

QUOTE(KarDa @ Jan 18th 2012, 1:01 PM) *

Welcome - so glad you found Adam and so glad you found us! flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post May 21st 2013, 9:08 AM
Post #92

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

I see people have been searching for this thread. I tweaked the name of the thread to accommodate how Adam changed/affected our lives.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
*SleepWalker*
post May 21st 2013, 2:45 PM
Post #93

QUOTE(madamimadam @ May 21st 2013, 9:08 AM) *

I see people have been searching for this thread. I tweaked the name of the thread to accommodate how Adam changed/affected our lives.

You found it!!! w00t.gif

Thank you so much!!! huggy.gif flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
*SleepWalker*
post May 21st 2013, 4:04 PM
Post #94

After reading all the amazing storys about becoming a Glambert, I will post mine as well. original.gif

I'm a Glambert since April 2011. grin.gif I remember WWFM to be played in the radio veeeeery often at that time and the month before and that song really starts to annoy me blushing.gif (today I love it).
One day I was watching some Tokio Hotel grin.gif videos at clipfish.de when there appears a new video clip....
The name of the song sounds good.... Sleepwalker.... And that Adam Lambert guy looked very good with his black emo hair, make up, black coat.... had never heard of him before...but now I was curious and so I watched the video... and watched it again...and again...and again...I was blown away by his voice, the lyrics, his pure self omg.gif he reached something very deep inside of me and from that moment on, I was in love wub.gif it was like magic...
I wanted to find out more about that Adam guy and searched for more music of him. And I was a little shocked when I found out that he was the one singing WWFM (but like I said, after watching some live performances of it, I really started to love it). haha.gif It was so different from that powerful amazing Sleepwalker!! Then I found the Glam Nation Tour videos, watched maaaaany interviews and became very obsessive during a very short time.... w00t.gif
Since then Adam influenced many aspects of my life in a very positive way and it might sound cheesy but without Adam and his music I wouldn't be the person I am today. rolleyes.gif

Yes, thats my Glambert story. stuart.gif I have been in love with Adam (and Sleepwalker wink.gif ) ever since and he enriches my life in many ways... wub.gif

bye1.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
marlock276
post May 21st 2013, 4:44 PM
Post #95

QUOTE(*SleepWalker* @ May 21st 2013, 5:04 PM) *

After reading all the amazing storys about becoming a Glambert, I will post mine as well. original.gif

I'm a Glambert since April 2011. grin.gif I remember WWFM to be played in the radio veeeeery often at that time and the month before and that song really starts to annoy me blushing.gif (today I love it).
One day I was watching some Tokio Hotel grin.gif videos at clipfish.de when there appears a new video clip....
The name of the song sounds good.... Sleepwalker.... And that Adam Lambert guy looked very good with his black emo hair, make up, black coat.... had never heard of him before...but now I was curious and so I watched the video... and watched it again...and again...and again...I was blown away by his voice, the lyrics, his pure self omg.gif he reached something very deep inside of me and from that moment on, I was in love wub.gif it was like magic...
I wanted to find out more about that Adam guy and searched for more music of him. And I was a little shocked when I found out that he was the one singing WWFM (but like I said, after watching some live performances of it, I really started to love it). haha.gif It was so different from that powerful amazing Sleepwalker!! Then I found the Glam Nation Tour videos, watched maaaaany interviews and became very obsessive during a very short time.... w00t.gif
Since then Adam influenced many aspects of my life in a very positive way and it might sound cheesy but without Adam and his music I wouldn't be the person I am today. rolleyes.gif

Yes, thats my Glambert story. stuart.gif I have been in love with Adam (and Sleepwalker wink.gif ) ever since and he enriches my life in many ways... wub.gif

bye1.gif

Great story!!! huggy.gif

--------------------
"Adam Lambert...the modern edgy artist with an old rock soul."~~Eddie Trunk, American music historian, radio personality, talk show host, and author
+Quote Post
misswood
post May 21st 2013, 6:52 PM
Post #96

QUOTE(*SleepWalker* @ May 21st 2013, 4:04 PM) *

bye1.gif

I liked reading that. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post May 21st 2013, 7:53 PM
Post #97

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(*SleepWalker* @ May 21st 2013, 5:04 PM) *

bye1.gif

Awww, yay! Welcome to the Skankdom! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
*SleepWalker*
post May 22nd 2013, 5:06 AM
Post #98

Thanks for your nice comments! huggy.gif

But I never really got that Skank thing.... Am I a Skank or a Glambert or both???? confused.gif
Or are only the ones Glamberts who followed Adam from the first second of Idol on and the rest are Glamberts...??
Are all Skanks Glamberts too and what is the difference between them??? And if you are both, are you a Glamskank then??? haha.gif
Hmmmmm.... huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif

w00twave.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post May 22nd 2013, 9:47 PM
Post #99

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

You're probably both. The Skanks are anyone who posts on this board. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
*SleepWalker*
post May 23rd 2013, 7:42 AM
Post #100

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ May 22nd 2013, 9:47 PM) *

You're probably both. The Skanks are anyone who posts on this board. original.gif

w00t.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 1st 2014, 9:18 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol