Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

239 Pages V « < 237 238 239   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lewis' lists 2.0, Starting anew!
Harkins
post Oct 20th 2014, 6:07 PM
Post #4761

Group: NX Subscribers

SYTYCD: Season 11
Ranking the Routines: #36 - #33

#36: "I've Got The World On A String" - Ricky & Valerie Spencer Liff Broadway

This routine was perfect for Valerie and Ricky. Adorable and cute. It's doesn't do anything new or mindblowing it just celebrates their partnership and does so in a way that showcases them as dancers and just lovable personalities.

#35: "Happy" - Emilio & Bridget Anya & Pasha Jive

I know my liking this routine after all my complaints about the joke ballroom has become on the show is the height of hypocrisy, but I can't help it. It's just a feel good routine and both dancers performed the hell out of it. This is actually my favourute single performance from Bridget an she kills it. Every inch the pin up and selling every movement with gusto. And then my bb Emilio is just so darn adorable. Do I wish their was more jive, of course, but for what it was it was amazing.

#34: "Oh Darling" - Ricky & Valerie Travis Wall Contemporary

I know "growth" has become nothing more than a cliche on the show, but if you compare the original performance of this to the redux on finale night it is like two different routines, everything is just that much bigger and better danced. And the backbend 2nd time round is just something else. Although saying all that I am just basing this list off of the original performances and while on the finale it took my breath away there was something missing first time. Still gorgeous, but it just didn't feel as finished, which is why it lands here. The finale version would be a lot lot higher but alas oh well.

#33: "Senile" - Serge & Carly Luther Brown Hip-hop

Sshhhh. No one tell Jimmy. Yeah never been the biggest fan of the choreography here and I'm still bitter that this was the choreography Serge got for hip-hop. Whateva whateva. Carly killed it though and I'm glad it got a reprisal.

CODE
[b]#36: "I've Got The World On A String" - Ricky & Valerie Spencer Liff Broadway[/b][/size]
[b]#35: "Happy" - Emilio & Bridget Anya & Pasha Jive[/b]
[b]#34: "Oh Darling" - Ricky & Valerie Travis Wall Contemporary[/b]
[b]#33: "Senile" - Serge & Carly Luther Brown Hip-hop[/b]

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Oct 20th 2014, 6:07 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

zyanazur
post Oct 21st 2014, 4:30 AM
Post #4762

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD7: Melinda Sullivan
Fav. SYTYCDUK2: Matt Flint

How am I supposed to comment on this when all the routines in this set could potentionally be in my top 5 routines of the season? laughing.gif
Though, I guess I shouldn't complain since you could have easily ranked them lower as you pointed out so it's fine. happy.gif

Regarding "EATR" I can see what you mean about the section without music as I felt that way the first time I watched it (this part was more drawn out in the reprise and matched with the lightning effect) but I think it has a certain charm on its own since it felt more raw and uncontrolled that way.

Tyce is probably my favorite Contemporary choreographer out of those who regularly appear on Sytycd at this point though that's more because of the fact that Travis, Mandy and Stacey's work rarely elicits more than a yawn from me nowadays. yawn.gif

Btw SYTYCD Vietnam's ongoing season has a cute (?) Ballroom guy in the top 20 so I'm interested to hear what you think about him. shifty.gif

Showcase Solo (his name is Đức Tiến):

Showcase Routine:

This post has been edited by zyanazur: Oct 21st 2014, 4:32 AM

--------------------
SYTYCDVN3 ♀ :: Thương Hoài ● Thu Hiền ● Vi Anh ● Thanh Vân ● Lan Phương

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SYTYCDVN3 ♂ :: Tấn Huy ● Mạnh Quyền ● Đức Tiến ● Sơn Lâm ● Đ́nh Hoàng ● Thế Bảo
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Oct 21st 2014, 7:07 AM
Post #4763

Fav. SYTYCD3: Danny Tidwell
Fav. SYTYCD10: Aaron Turner
Fav. SYTYCD11: Ricky Ubeda

Piano Man and NMQP are probably my top 2(ish) routines of the season.
I disagree on Piano Man being dated. I mean, it is I guess, but tap is like broadway. It has such a rich heritage and I don't think it needs to be made contemporary. I mean, maybe not to the extent of broadway, I still enjoy tap routines like "Sing", but even routines like "When I Was Your Man" still have that vintage-y feel, even if the song is modern. I'm not even sure what point I'm trying to make here, I just love Piano Man. And I love Billy Joel. No shame.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SCD12: Steve & Ola, Jake & Janette, Sunetra & Brendan
SYTYCD11: Ricky. Emily. Valerie. Casey.
+Quote Post
MissXulia
post Oct 21st 2014, 9:31 AM
Post #4764

I'd have NMQP a bit higher than that! But overall I don't disagree. Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't think E,ATR is all that. giggle.gif

--------------------
tumblr | last.fm | SYTYCD Lists | ©
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
xfuk11: fleur. ben. jack. jay. lauren. only the young. paul. jake. stereo kicks. lola.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Yesterday, 7:45 PM
Post #4765

Group: NX Subscribers

Top updated (all the posts have been moved a page back). Will reply to comments later.

Btw all these rankings might have to change because I just looked at my rankings for the rest of the routines and theres so many doubles so I'll have to figure out what routines are missing pinch.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
buffmetube
post Yesterday, 7:58 PM
Post #4766

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

QUOTE(Harkins @ Oct 20th 2014, 4:07 PM) *

Sshhhh. No one tell Jimmy. Yeah never been the biggest fan of the choreography here and I'm still bitter that this was the choreography Serge got for hip-hop. Whateva whateva. Carly killed it though and I'm glad it got a reprisal.

OH I HEARD THIS BITCH.

Nah I know how you feel about this. Sadz.

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCD 11: Serge. Carly. Tanisha. Emilio / sig: Jess
+Quote Post

239 Pages V « < 237 238 239
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 23rd 2014, 4:17 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol