Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

1164 Pages V « < 1162 1163 1164   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Off Topic Thread
marycat
post Mar 24th 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #23261

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI9: Casey James

QUOTE(Craig Bennett @ Mar 24th 2015, 10:35 PM) *

For example, go listen to Cole Swindell sing WTT live, and you'll thank your lucky stars Scotty recorded the song instead of Cole. haha.gif I try hard not to knock the success of other artists because Scotty hasn't had the success they have had, but sometimes it is hard when you can compare apples to apples and are left wondering how the rotten ones are chosen over the ripe ones. smile.gif That is just to say comparing singing to singing, and voices to voices. But I still have faith that Scotty is doing things his way, the right way, and will stand the test of time when others like FGL and others are long gone and forgotten about in this genre. Crappy music is here today, and gone tomorrow. And many of the guys on top right now have gotten to the top with crap songs. yes.gif

We can only hope - there are still a lot of "bro" country songs being made. Some are a little slower but are still the laundry list. The new on the verge song is an example. I did hear a new song today by Aaron Watson that I really liked.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 24th 2015, 10:48 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

jailbelle
post Mar 25th 2015, 7:16 AM
Post #23262

QUOTE(Craig Bennett @ Mar 24th 2015, 9:35 PM) *

For example, go listen to Cole Swindell sing WTT live, and you'll thank your lucky stars Scotty recorded the song instead of Cole. haha.gif I try hard not to knock the success of other artists because Scotty hasn't had the success they have had, but sometimes it is hard when you can compare apples to apples and are left wondering how the rotten ones are chosen over the ripe ones. smile.gif That is just to say comparing singing to singing, and voices to voices. But I still have faith that Scotty is doing things his way, the right way, and will stand the test of time when others like FGL and others are long gone and forgotten about in this genre. Crappy music is here today, and gone tomorrow. And many of the guys on top right now have gotten to the top with crap songs. yes.gif

Strange to me but it seems like country music is falling behind itself. For instance, ACMs have Sam Hunt, Cole Swindell, and Thomas Rhett for New Artist this year. Frankly, I would like to see a 'none of the above' choice. To me, it feels like these three guys are actually on their way out the door in many country radio markets.

Then you get the amazing success of Sturgill Simpson, whose two independent albums have shaken the country music world up recently. Sturgill is SOLID country. Yet he has gotten the ear of thousands of country fans. He even recently signed with Atlantic (hope they don't mess with his sound). You have other independents who currently aren't getting a lot of radio play but are gathering more and more fans. Then you've got Dolly, Willie, Reba and other country stars with an older country sound who are selling better than the pop-country artists radio loves. BTW, saw Bobby Bones tweet recently that Sam Hunt was 'the future of country music'. rolleyes.gif Told me a lot about Bobby Bones. haha.gif

I believe that country is splitting into two separate genres - true country and pop country. Think it won't be too long before radio stations have to pick their side of this. If the split happens, I believe that it will ultimately prove out that true country is much more popular that the poofy pop-country.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Mar 26th 2015, 6:47 PM
Post #23263

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Fav XFactor: One Direction

03/26/15 (Hot Country Songs 04/04/15

http://www.billboard.com/files/pdfs/bcu_mw_0326.pdf

--------------------
+Quote Post
SSKY
post Mar 26th 2015, 9:53 PM
Post #23264

QUOTE(ptebwwong @ Mar 24th 2015, 11:11 PM) *

I'm not sure about Behind This Guitar. I do remember the demo & that it was an option for Scotty on CAD.

For the artists such as Thomas Rhett, Cole Swindell, etc., I think being a songwriter for big artists (Ex. Jason Aldean, FGL, Luke Bryan, etc.) helped them when they released their solo albums. I don't think it's a coincidence that the songwriters who write for less successful artists (on the charts) when they release a solo album don't have many hits or any at all.

I'm not a big fan of Cole and I can understand what you and Craig are both saying. But I did want to add that I saw Cole Swindell on the Today show yesterday. His intro package said "he has written songs for major country artists such as Scotty McCreery, FGL and Luke Bryan" and they showed this picture of Scotty. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif yes.gif

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lizziemat
post Mar 26th 2015, 10:13 PM
Post #23265

QUOTE(SSKY @ Mar 26th 2015, 9:53 PM) *

I'm not a big fan of Cole and I can understand what you and Craig are both saying. But I did want to add that I saw Cole Swindell on the Today show yesterday. His intro package said "he has written songs for major country artists such as Scotty McCreery, FGL and Luke Bryan" and they showed this picture of Scotty. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif yes.gif

IPB Image

I think Cole wrote Water Tower Town....

--------------------
+Quote Post
SSKY
post Mar 26th 2015, 10:22 PM
Post #23266

Yes I knew that Cole wrote WTT. I was just trying to say I thought it was great that Cole included Scotty as one of the major artists who have recorded his songs and putting Scotty right up there with Luke or FGL.

(Sorry the pic above is so big, can't get it to resize)

This post has been edited by SSKY: Mar 26th 2015, 10:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
marycat
post Mar 26th 2015, 10:24 PM
Post #23267

QUOTE(SSKY @ Mar 26th 2015, 10:22 PM) *

Yes I knew that Cole wrote WTT. I was just trying to say I thought it was great that Cole included Scotty as one of the major artists who have recorded his songs and putting Scotty right up there with Luke or FGL.

That is a big complement for Scotty. I haven't liked Coles music until his new one - at least I think it is his. She Ain't Worth the Whiskey. This song sounds like real country at least to me and I really like it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Mar 26th 2015, 10:33 PM
Post #23268

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Fav XFactor: One Direction

QUOTE(marycat @ Mar 26th 2015, 11:24 PM) *

That is a big complement for Scotty. I haven't liked Coles music until his new one - at least I think it is his. She Ain't Worth the Whiskey. This song sounds like real country at least to me and I really like it.

Yes it does. That's actually the first Cole song I've liked!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sharon Jiles
post Mar 27th 2015, 6:42 AM
Post #23269

QUOTE(SSKY @ Mar 26th 2015, 11:22 PM) *

thumbsup.gif Cool! Thanks for sharing this Sarah---love it! bye1.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ptebwwong
post Mar 27th 2015, 11:04 AM
Post #23270

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

WNSH And KSCS Make Bold Music Adjustments

CUMULUS Country WNSH/NEW YORK PD BRIAN THOMAS and his KSCS/DALLAS counterpart JR SCHUMANN are both mum so far, but everyone else is talking about some stark musical adjustments on their respective stations this week. In both cases, these appear to be a tactical move to add mass appeal texture on both Country outlets, with the inclusion of highly familiar, non-Country titles from #1 ranked pop stations in their markets.
For KSCS, it’s the addition of a handful of Top 40 titles already found on iHEARTMEDIA’s crosstown KHKS. A look at MEDIABASE shows KSCS featuring titles such as MAGIC’s “Rude,” CAPITAL CITIES’ “Safe And Sound,” AVICCI “Wake Me Up,” ED SHEERAN’s “Don't” and “Thinking Out Loud,” along with a number of titles from TAYLOR SWIFT’s self-declared pure pop, “TS 1989” album. Right now, KSCS is committing one slot per hour to these songs. A look back at the station’s list from 30 days ago shows these slots formerly occupied by a Country Gold title.
In NEW YORK, WNSH seems to be borrowing music from iHEARTMEDIA AC WLTW, as a look through the NASH playlist YESTERDAY (3/25) turned up titles such as KELLY CLARKSON’s “Mr. Know It All,” GREEN DAY “Time Of Your Life,” JOHN MAYER “Daughters,” SISTER HAZEL “All For You,” BLUES TRAVELER “Run Around,” EAGLE EYE CHERRY “Save Tonight” appearing once per hour between 10a-5p (ET).
KHKS and WLTW are currently ranked #1 in share and cume in their respective markets, with WLTW’s weekly cume topping five million according to FEBRUARY PPM figures. KHKS’ weekly cume is just under the two million mark for FEBRUARY.
WNSH has been trending in the mid-one share level since OCTOBER, while the cume is just shy of 800,000 weekly persons; KSCS has trended 4.3-3.8-3.6 in the past three PPM monthlies, with weekly cume hovering just north of 800,000.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/...sic-adjustments

no.gif This is why I started to listen to less country radio.

This post has been edited by ptebwwong: Mar 27th 2015, 11:05 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jailbelle
post Mar 27th 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #23271

I will refuse to listen to any 'country' station that embraces this format. Hopefully, this will create a desire for more traditional country stations and we will have some options. Otherwise, Sirrus here I come again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Mar 27th 2015, 11:29 AM
Post #23272

Group: NX Subscribers

So...instead of playing country oldies (Country Gold), they are substituting pop songs...once an hour. Wonder what the average # of songs played each hour is. What with the chatter, ads, promotions, etc. ...I'm guessing it's about 7-8 songs (if that). Guess that means that, basically, one seventh of their playlist is now pop.

Not hard to imagine that number going to 1/4 very soon.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
NanCEyeBuck
post Mar 27th 2015, 12:28 PM
Post #23273

QUOTE(jailbelle @ Mar 27th 2015, 12:23 PM) *

I will refuse to listen to any 'country' station that embraces this format. Hopefully, this will create a desire for more traditional country stations and we will have some options. Otherwise, Sirrus here I come again.

I hope this will be the final straw, when enough country music fans scream ENOUGH and we can get our own actual country stations!

--------------------
+Quote Post
stylin1188
post Mar 27th 2015, 7:11 PM
Post #23274

I swear Luke Bryan needs, to grow up his new song spring breakdown wth song is that ? The lyrics are awful I just don't get is it supposed to be a sad song devastated because no more hangovers no more sand . haha.gif His next album better get serious even Kenny Chesney has songs more serious then this crap .

--------------------
+Quote Post
ptebwwong
post Mar 27th 2015, 7:25 PM
Post #23275

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(NanCEyeBuck @ Mar 27th 2015, 1:28 PM) *

I hope this will be the final straw, when enough country music fans scream ENOUGH and we can get our own actual country stations!

Unfortunately, since these 2 stations are the #1 (WNSH) & #5 (KSCS) Mediabase stations & also Cumulus (which are very powerful) it could get much worse for country radio. If they like how the format change has been doing, they could potentially start doing it for the other Cumulus stations.

This post has been edited by ptebwwong: Mar 27th 2015, 7:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Craig Bennett
post Mar 27th 2015, 7:35 PM
Post #23276

QUOTE(stylin1188 @ Mar 27th 2015, 7:11 PM) *

I swear Luke Bryan needs, to grow up his new song spring breakdown wth song is that ? The lyrics are awful I just don't get is it supposed to be a sad song devastated because no more hangovers no more sand . haha.gif His next album better get serious even Kenny Chesney has songs more serious then this crap .

I stated recently Luke needs to give the singles a rest for a few months. Lately all his single releases are very watered down and weak. Not to mention how tiring it is for him to continue to act like he is a freshman college kid always on spring break. UMG is riding his act too much since he has been so hot the past 18 months and his music is suffering in my opinion. Luke has too good of a voice and is too talented for the music he has been submitting to radio recently.

--------------------
+Quote Post
stylin1188
post Mar 27th 2015, 7:53 PM
Post #23277

QUOTE(Craig Bennett @ Mar 27th 2015, 7:35 PM) *

I stated recently Luke needs to give the singles a rest for a few months. Lately all his single releases are very watered down and weak. Not to mention how tiring it is for him to continue to act like he is a freshman college kid always on spring break. UMG is riding his act too much since he has been so hot the past 18 months and his music is suffering in my opinion. Luke has too good of a voice and is too talented for the music he has been submitting to radio recently.

I know nobody is going to take him seriously as a country artist he has no depth to him . A country legend is what you want to be remembered timeless ,substance , Nobody is ever going to Remember these guys in the future young artist will never want to cover these superficial songs . angry.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
tfortexas
post Yesterday, 11:01 AM
Post #23278

Just watched Caleb Johnson's video "Fighting Gravity". Surprisingly I really liked it. I don't really like screamers, but....

--------------------
+Quote Post

1164 Pages V « < 1162 1163 1164
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Mar 29th 2015, 3:50 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol